Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,907 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both Ultron and Infinity War are
redline248
AG
Alternatively, you could start with the Marvel Studio Legends episodes. Only 2 of them about 8 mins each
KidDoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

All of these are on Disney+ right?
yes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saxsoon
AG
The Debt said:

I saw on one discussion that each episode cost like $24mil to make....for 22-25mins of screentime. That's just insane. They must be paying Bettany and Olsen a truckload to do this.

But I've also heard they are using WV as the horse to carry Phase 4....as if it all relates to this show. Having not read the comics but definitely picking up the hydra hints, idk where they go or how they bring in more mutants. But we shall see.
Well Black widow and Falcon and Winter Soldier were originally going to release before this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Debt said:

I saw on one discussion that each episode cost like $24mil to make....for 22-25mins of screentime. That's just insane. They must be paying Bettany and Olsen a truckload to do this.

But I've also heard they are using WV as the horse to carry Phase 4....as if it all relates to this show. Having not read the comics but definitely picking up the hydra hints, idk where they go or how they bring in more mutants. But we shall see.

No way they cost that much. Maybe on average if the season picks way up.
YouBet
AG
Yeah, I don't see how these episodes cost that much. These two episodes are about as cheap as you can get. E1 one literally had two tiny sets and that's it. The latter episodes would have to go full movie budget FX and sets to hit that average and make up for these two I suspect.
Post removed:
by user
rynning
AG
third coast.. said:

They probably spent all thst money on making those credits
True, I've never seen 8 minutes of credits on a TV show before. They were so long, I thought they might be part of the plot...
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
Here it is:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/bob-iger-bets-company-hollywood-s-future-streaming-1247663

Quote:

Disney is sparing no expense on programming, projecting a 2020 original content budget short of $1 billion. The Mandalorian is said to cost $15 million an episode, for instance, and a source pegs Marvel entries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Hawkeye at as much as $25 million per episode.
Ornithopter
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm sure you could analyze the credits and figure out how crazy the later episodes will get.

They are blockbuster movie long. I bet the action/cgi picks up at some point.
YouBet
AG
The Debt said:

Here it is:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/bob-iger-bets-company-hollywood-s-future-streaming-1247663

Quote:

Disney is sparing no expense on programming, projecting a 2020 original content budget short of $1 billion. The Mandalorian is said to cost $15 million an episode, for instance, and a source pegs Marvel entries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Hawkeye at as much as $25 million per episode.

Well, then. Unless those two are making $10M per episode it seems like we can expect big things in the coming weeks.
Mathguy64
AG
I wonder if the wording is confused. I can see Wandavision costing $25MM and Winter Soldier costing a separate $25MM. But as entities.
imjustsayin
AG
So, I found this podcast (MCU Fan Show) and they do a great job of breaking down the various "Easter eggs" or clues (WITHOUT spoiling the entire show). There are TONS of little clues and subtle notes throughout both of the first episodes that point to something much larger in narrative.

Honestly, this is reminding me of LOST in the ways all these subtle clues are dropped and tonal shifts etc.

My first viewing of the shows, honestly, had me curious, but left a little bit to be desired for me. But after another watch (which is easy cause they are very short), with reviews like the MCU Fan Show podcast, I'm honestly getting very excited about this show and it's build.

check out the reviews with the links below... or search in apples podcast or Spotify, etc.

Episode 1 Review
https://www.stitcher.com/show/making-mine-marvel/episode/184-wandavision-episode-1-spoiler-review-80903748

Episode 2 Review
https://www.stitcher.com/show/making-mine-marvel/episode/185-wandavision-episode-2-spoiler-review-80903747
A Net Full of Jello
AG
I have seen many of the Marvel films, but certainly not all (I didn't see any of the Iron Man films, Winter Soldier, any Ant Man films, Civil War, or Dr. Strange and probably others I'm forgetting) and only saw the other films once, and I'm absolutely LOVING this series. Not struggling to follow along but I know I'm missing some things that die-hard fans aren't. Looking forward to seeing where they go with this.
redline248
AG
Go watch the Winter Soldier right now

edit: not relevant to WandaVision...it's just a great movie.
Quad Dog
AG
Any speculation oh who is the voice on the radio trying to contact Wanda?
If Disney was able to keep the cameo at the end of The Mandolorian, then a big cameo here is possible too. Steve Rogers makes most sense, but is he in the past at this time?
My Marvel nerd desire is Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man.
Post removed:
by user
Quad Dog
AG
Thanks, I missed that. Earlier someone posted it was Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man.

aka John Krasinski
YouBet
AG
Quad Dog said:

Any speculation oh who is the voice on the radio trying to contact Wanda?
If Disney was able to keep the cameo at the end of The Mandolorian, then a big cameo here is possible too. Steve Rogers makes most sense, but is he in the past at this time?
My Marvel nerd desire is Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man.
Interesting. I don't know much about him but reading up on him he seems to be every bit as powerful as any of the Avengers.

Also this:

Quote:

Nathan Fillion was set to appear as Simon Williams on movie posters set within Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Fillion released a picture from the film's set that depicted Williams as an actor portraying Arkon.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Man#cite_note-cbr.com-90][90][/url] Though his scenes were cut from the movie, the film's director James Gunn acknowledged the character could return in future installments of the MCU franchise
C@LAg
Quad Dog said:

Steve Rogers makes most sense, but is he in the past at this time?

no. this is set in 2023/"present day" MCU.
Quad Dog
AG
So he's in his 70s?
amercer
AG
Just watched ep 1&2. Really good, and really eerie.
C@LAg
Quad Dog said:

So he's in his 70s?
yes. whatever age he was at the end of endgame + how much time has passed since then.
Ornithopter
AG
I don't think Cap ages normally.
C@LAg
DubFalls said:

we have no reason to think he does not.

plus we already saw him in his 70s or whatever at the end of endgame. he had gone back in time 30/40 years and lived those years. so no reason to assume he is not more or less his age when you factor in the time in the ice and the time travel.
C@LAg
Ornithopter
AG
C@LAg said:

DubFalls said:

plus we already saw him in his 70s or whatever at the end of endgame. he had gone back in time 30/40 years and lived those years. so no reason to assume he is not more or less his age when you factor in the time in the ice and the time travel.

You think he went back in time 30 years to hook up with middle aged Peggy? Nah, Cap would have gone back to her prime. So you're looking at a guy that was more like 100 or something at the end of Endgame.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2486750/captain-america-age-revealed-avengers-endgame-script-and-its-not-what-we-thought

Or he's 112.
C@LAg
DubFalls said:

C@LAg said:

DubFalls said:

You think he went back in time 30 years to hook up with middle aged Peggy? Nah, Cap would have gone back to her prime. So you're looking at a guy that was more like 100 or something at the end of Endgame.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2486750/captain-america-age-revealed-avengers-endgame-script-and-its-not-what-we-thought

Or he's 112.
whatever. it is entirely irrevlant. if you want to believe something that was not referenced in the movies is canon, more power to you.

it impacts absolutely nothing either way.
double aught
AG
Isn't there a scene at the end of them dancing and they're both young? And the setting appears to be the 40s? Seems pretty obvious he went back to a time shortly after he was buried in ice. So yes, there is reason to believe he does not age normally.
Duncan Idaho
amercer said:

Just watched ep 1&2. Really good, and really eerie.

This is the best short form property from Marvel and better than more than a handful of the movies.
Carlo4
AG
Quad Dog said:

Thanks, I missed that. Earlier someone posted it was Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man.

aka John Krasinski

CoachRTM
AG
Don't remember if this has been posted or not - spoiler tags just in case.

(Regarding another character from the Marvel larger universe that has been shown in WandaVision)

Monica Rambeau (young black girl in Captain Marvel) is Wanda's "friend" at the tea party
amercer
AG
Also, since we are keeping the thread spoiler tagged I'll just say that the screen crush videos have some theories about Wandas neighbors which seem pretty spot on to me.

It will be interesting to see who is really driving the show in Wandas head (or alternate reality or pocket universe?)
CowtownAg06
AG
TXAG 05 said:

She wasn't on SNL but has been in a bunch of movies like Anchorman, Step Brothers, Bad Moms.
She was also in Parks and Rec as my favorite guest character of all time, Jen Barkley. We'll see where it goes, but I definitely don't think she's just there for comic relief.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.