Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,934 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I'm not spoiler tagging guesses.

Other potential surprises, some of which probably don't make sense

Falcon (nowhere close to Luke)
Cap, a literal Vet in more ways than one.
Black Widow (if vision is alive in a not reincarnated way, why couldn't she?)
Red Skull - guide to the soul stone, Wanda could be doing soul type power
Loki - who knows wtf he's up to

And, obviously, it won't be as stunning by virtue of giving everyone a heads up. So, I agree that it's just hype train.

Loki could be a good guess since he can fake reality plus it can be a lead in to his upcoming show.
gggmann
AG
redline248 said:

Doesn't fit the criteria for "MCU vet."

I agree, but how does "MCU vet" and "fans have not heard of yet" fit together?
redline248
AG
Just that there has been no leak of a casting, or any speculation, yet. There has been plenty of speculation for Dr. Strange, for example.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Maybe someone from Wanda's origin film: Pietro (quicksilver), Strucker, Ultron.

I don't think any of these would be the same "Wow!" As Luke, but Ultron would certainly be a different form of "Wow!" Followed by, "Wait, what?"
Thanks and gig'em
Ornithopter
AG
Professor X with Patrick Stewart would be amazing and on that level for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChimbosAg said:

Mentioned this to a buddy of mine and he's convinced it's Magneto.
bobinator
AG
DubFalls said:

This was my guess last night also.

Stewart as X
Jackman as Wolverine

or one I thought of this morning,

Fassbender's Magneto. He's young enough that he could carry that role for a while in the MCU.
bobinator
AG
I should clarify, my actual guess is that nobody in the MCU is on a Luke Skywalker cameo level and this is dramatically overhyped.

But if it's actually on that level, these are the kind of folks I'd guess.
amercer
AG
As a kid the x men comics were by far my favorite. I was even bummed a bit that they had to do the infinity gauntlet without them. But the the MCU did such an awesome job, and Fox was so hit or miss on its side that it would be kind of weird to work in the mutants now.

But either professor x or magneto would be pretty badass, and for the story line.
degreedy
AG
bobinator said:

DubFalls said:

This was my guess last night also.

Stewart as X
Jackman as Wolverine

or one I thought of this morning,

Fassbender's Magneto. He's young enough that he could carry that role for a while in the MCU.
This would be absolutely amazing.
texasaggie04
AG
My guess would be Quicksilver.

On another note, the sheer amount of publicity that Disney+ is doing for this show (e.g., weekly promo videos) is a bit surprising to me. I don't think they did that for the Mandalorian, did they? I wonder what's different about this show that's prompted it.
Andyzipp
AG
texasaggie04 said:

On another note, the sheer amount of publicity that Disney+ is doing for this show (e.g., weekly promo videos) is a bit surprising to me. I don't think they did that for the Mandalorian, did they? I wonder what's different about this show that's prompted it.
Kevin Feige.
Phat32
AG
texasaggie04 said:

It's a little more obscure than Mando.

Most people don't know the Scarlet Witch or Vision very well. The Boba Fett/Mandalorian costume is very recognizable, as are lightsabers/baby Yoda etc.

Anything Star Wars is still on a much bigger level IMO, but I could be dated in that opinion.
bobinator
AG
They also might be seeing low subscription numbers.

I'm halfway surprised they didn't shoehorn in a more famous Avenger early on just to use them in the promos.
YNWA_AG
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Everyone is expecting quicksilver to appear in this show. I don't think they are referring to him
YouBet
AG
gggmann said:

redline248 said:

Doesn't fit the criteria for "MCU vet."

I agree, but how does "MCU vet" and "fans have not heard of yet" fit together?
This. Statement is confusing. I initially read it that we would see a Marvel character we have not seen yet. I immediately went to this could be X-Men's return to the universe.

Even greater possibility to bridge both: DEADPOOL.
Mathguy64
AG
R rated Deadpool. That would be amazing. 50's sitcoms with everything so prim and proper the beds had to be separate moving to the Merc with the Mouth.
bobinator
AG
I think if it's a mutant, it's gotta be one of the big ones. X or Magneto. I only include Wolverine because if it's Hugh Jackman that's a pretty iconic cameo since he's played him in like 1,000 movies.

They're going to have to come up with some kind of reason why the mutants haven't been known about all this time, and I don't think you could start that with a deep pull like Deadpool.

One reason I like Xavier for it is how people's memories of Westview are changed. That could conceivably be his powers at work.
Saxsoon
AG
Post credit scene of Wandavision is Deadpool sitting on the floor in jammies eating some cereal watching the events unfold. "Huh I want in on that." And jumps into the tv only for it to break with him sticking out of it
YouBet
AG
bobinator said:

I think if it's a mutant, it's gotta be one of the big ones. X or Magneto. I only include Wolverine because if it's Hugh Jackman that's a pretty iconic cameo since he's played him in like 1,000 movies.

They're going to have to come up with some kind of reason why the mutants haven't been known about all this time, and I don't think you could start that with a deep pull like Deadpool.

One reason I like Xavier for it is how people's memories of Westview are changed. That could conceivably be his powers at work.
Deadpool is fun to think about but for a "serious" answer I agree with Prof X. Since Wanda is a mutant, you could introduce Prof X here and make it work. Considering SWORD's mission statement (in the name) you could see how they would have had run-ins with mutants in the past so they know who Prof X is. They realize this situation is beyond their own capabilities so they bring in Prof X to help them resolve this situation because his mutant ability is relevant to this situation and his personal mission to help mutants.

Boom. You've folded mutants back into MCU and teased the X-Men.
bobinator
AG
One theory I've thought about is that for mutants to work in the MCU, they kind of need to be a relative new phenomena. I know that's not comics canon, but you could say something about how the events of the movies have caused more (made up sciency term) and the number of mutants is going up or something something.
fig96
AG
I don't think it would even be that hard to track back to Winter Soldier and talk about how some percentage of individuals they were tracking hadn't been clearly identified yet. As long as they find a way to work Wolverine into that somehow I'm totally ok with it
amercer
AG
You could even have the snap back be the thing that triggered their mutant gene and gave them powers. But again that means they are totally new so it's hard to fit in the timelines.

Or mutants are just from another part of the multiverse.
YouBet
AG
Considering SWORD has only been around since the late '90s or early '00s (in the MCU) it seems like you could parallel their founding and rise with the realization that mutants exist. IOW, they were founded due to the frequency of meta humans that stared appearing around that time or at least showing themselves in public. They then eventually learn that a good portion of meta humans exist simply due to genetic mutation from the surrounding environment.

Seems like an easy enough integration to me but I'm just a biased fan that would probably accept most entry points of them regardless of its logic.
Quad Dog
AG
In the comics Wanda's powers have increased and decreased with the number of mutants in the world more than once, most notably in House of M. Her powers could also bring on more mutants.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, like, I don't really care, but I do want to see them give it a good go on an explanation mostly just for fun.
fig96
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, like, I don't really care, but I do want to see them give it a good go on an explanation mostly just for fun.
It's Marvel, I think we're pretty safe in assuming they will.
Iowaggie
AG
What about MCU vet Iron Man?
Edited: Saw that it was first name mentioned.

How about instead, who would be the least interesting cameo? Hawkeye? Thing from FF?
amercer
AG
The kid from Iron Man III that nobody recognized at Tony's funeral
Capitol Ag
AG
amercer said:

The kid from Iron Man III that nobody recognized at Tony's funeral
I can see it now. A bunch of response videos to his appearance going, "who the hell is that?"
jeffk
AG
I wonder if we've already met Ironheart. Kind of like Peter Parker was the kid in Iron Man 2.
Iowaggie
AG
Perhaps the real twist could be Chris Evans walks in, but he's Johnny Storm.
jeffk
AG
Iowaggie said:

Perhaps the real twist could be Chris Evans walks in, but he's Johnny Storm.

Bring in Michael B. Jordan and you can get a fiery version of the Spider-Man pointing meme.
double aught
AG
Iowaggie said:

What about MCU vet Iron Man?
Edited: Saw that it was first name mentioned.

How about instead, who would be the least interesting cameo? Hawkeye? Thing from FF?
Quicksilver was pretty boring to me. Wasn't bummed when he died.

Now the XMen Quicksilver? That guy was cool.
Dro07
AG
Quote:

Elizabeth Olsen says that there's an upcoming cameo in #WandaVision from an MCU vet that fans have not heard of yet, and that it will be as stunning as Luke Skywalker was in the finale of #TheMandalorian.
an MCU vet to me means no mutants. It will prob be Stark or Cap i just dont see anyone else that would fit the MCU vet category

dang it nvm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.