Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,950 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think there's a chance that the series ends with Wanda being the villain and Agnes is a "good guy" trying to hold her back.

Really small chance, but it would be fun to go in that direction.
amercer
AG
I feel like we've got to see where Wanda got that property deed. Her and Vision were living in Ireland before Infinity War? Why Jersey? Is Westview built next to Camp Lehigh?
Capitol Ag
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Capitol Ag said:

I have a couple of strange questions. So Wanda was born with her base powers and the Mind Stone chose her and ramped those up to SW level. Since the Mind Stone "chose her", why would it not protect her or better put, give her a certain level of immunity from the snap and being dusted? Granted, too late for that and maybe that isn't how the Infinity Stones work (obviously not) but wouldn't that seem logical?

Also, is the SW in the comics powerful enough to recreate the Infinity Stones?
since it has been hinted at several times before that the stones seem to have a sentience to them, perhaps all of the stones got together to chat in the millisecond before the snap and the time stone was all like "guys, we need to snap away wanda, trust me. It's better that she goes bonkers in 5 years vs the next couple of weeks."
Never thought of it that way. Makes total sense!
TCTTS
AG
All in...

CoachRTM
AG
What is the level of spoilers on that?

Are we talking about a well grounded theory? A wild-ass guess? Or stay away if you don't want to be spoiled?
TCTTS
AG
I'd put it more in the "wild-ass guess" category, but he backs it up with some relatively convincing arguments.
CoachRTM
AG
Gracias. Trying to fairly careful.

Accidentally saw something regarding merchandise from the show that I feel like may have given something away.... but I also might be a little too hyper sensitive at the moment.
Quad Dog
AG
How many demons, Chthon, and Mephisto have we seen predicted in this show? They've all been wrong so far. It could all just much simpler too.
A power hungry SWORD director wants his own sentient Vision. Agatha wants to understand a powerful witch, and maybe steal her power. Wanda wants to grieve and took it too far. They all butt heads in the last episode with SWORD guy getting replaced by Monica, Agatha getting trapped in the mirror dimension, and Wanda going to therapy and maybe creating MCU mutants.
But then again Wandavision is supposed to lead to the next act of MCU movies, so maybe it does introduce a new big bad, explains how it's been manipulating things, and defeats it in 50 minutes, but that seems like too short a time
degreedy
AG
i think there have been a lot of wild ass theories with this show, and as you pointed out, MUCH of what we thought has not come to fruition.

Sometimes we give Marvel waaaaayyy too much credit.
TCTTS
AG
Quad Dog said:

How many demons, Chthon, and Mephisto have we seen predicted in this show? They've all been wrong so far. It could all just much simpler too.
A power hungry SWORD director wants his own sentient Vision. Agatha wants to understand a powerful witch, and maybe steal her power. Wanda wants to grieve and took it too far. They all butt heads in the last episode with SWORD guy getting replaced by Monica, Agatha getting trapped in the mirror dimension, and Wanda going to therapy and maybe creating MCU mutants.
But then again Wandavision is supposed to lead to the next act of MCU movies, so maybe it does introduce a new big bad, explains how it's been manipulating things, and defeats it in 50 minutes, but that seems like too short a time

How can they "all be wrong so far" when the season hasn't even ended yet? No one expected any kind of big bad to appear before the last two or three episodes. What's had me convinced all along that there's one last twist/villain in store is the twins. I just can't see Agatha going to all that trouble to hint and hint and hint to Wanda that it's "all about the kids" and be there to babysit them and what not *just* to hold them hostage on a leash because she wants Wanda's powers. There has to be more there, especially since the comics hinge so much on the twins as well.

I know people keep saying 50 minutes isn't enough time to introduce another villain, but there's really not *that* much left to do, save for one, final, cast-wide battle, and there's no way that's going to last the entire episode. Plus, as they've been saying all along, this is all set-up for Doctor Strange 2, and could very well set up for the villain in that movie as well.

I could be wrong - and with my track record so far this season, I probably will be - but all things considered, it just feels like they're saving one last massive reveal for the finale.
Mathguy64
AG
When they first introduced Thanos, all we got was a grinning face. Loki was the bad guy in Avengers 1 but he was just a vehicle for Thanos. I would not be shocked to see that here.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Mathguy64 said:

When they first introduced Thanos, all we got was a grinning face. Loki was the bad guy in Avengers 1 but he was just a vehicle for Thanos. I would not be shocked to see that here.
Was just about to post this same thing.
Quad Dog
AG
I generally hate Deus ex machina. And inserting the big bad in the last episode feels like that.
But a Thanos in Avengers style introduction works.
amercer
AG
I think there's still more to learn about Heyward. I don't think he's secretly HYDRA, since they already did that with the SHIELD director. But I think there is something deeper he's got against the Avengers. Maybe he's Kree and hates CM, or maybe he lost someone in one of their battles (although they've done that a ton too) . Maybe he wants to protect earth himself and thinks the avengers failed (which would be a very meta twist on age of ultron)
YouBet
AG
Yep, it's not like they have to actually have a battle or tie up anything if there is someone out there larger than Agatha. All they have to do is introduce them or even just hint at it towards the end and that will essentially kick off the next phase and all of the speculation, excitement, and anticipation that Marvel needs.
Farmer1906
AG
amercer said:

I think there's still more to learn about Heyward. I don't think he's secretly HYDRA, since they already did that with the SHIELD director. But I think there is something deeper he's got against the Avengers. Maybe he's Kree and hates CM, or maybe he lost someone in one of their battles (although they've done that a ton too) . Maybe he wants to protect earth himself and thinks the avengers failed (which would be a very meta twist on age of ultron)
Little correction

Nick Fury was never Hydra.

Alexander Pierce was on the World Security Council
bearamedic99
AG
Why show the gun on the wall if they're not going to use it, in reference to Monica's power?

Also, could Domino's mutant power handle Wanda's hex magic?
amercer
AG
Fair. But he was Fury's boss? I guess we never saw the org chart.
CubbieAggie
AG
amercer said:

Fair. But he was Fury's boss? I guess we never saw the org chart.

More like the Chairman of governmental oversight responsible for SHIELD. From how I understand it, he would be to SHIELD like the Director of National Intelligence is to the FBI/CIA.
C@LAg
bearamedic99 said:

Why show the gun on the wall if they're not going to use it, in reference to Monica's power?

no.

while her powers do rig things in her favor, they are not absolute. and are limited primarily to her line of site.

Wanda could impact or rewrite her from a distance.
Ornithopter
AG
C@LAg said:

bearamedic99 said:

no.

while her powers do rig things in her favor, they are not absolute. and are limited primarily to her line of site.

Her powers will play a role, probably her weird energy sight if I was guessing.
amercer
AG
For the purposes of the big showdown they will let everyone fight a bit, but no one on the board should be able to come close to Wanda's power level.

Unless that's what strange comes in for. But even he should be a bit reduced without an infinity stone around his neck.
dave94
AG
amercer said:

For the purposes of the big showdown they will let everyone fight a bit, but no one on the board should be able to come close to Wanda's power level.

Unless that's what strange comes in for. But even he should be a bit reduced without an infinity stone around his neck.

Wait, Cap took the time stone back to to the Ancient One in 2012, so Strange has it again.
C@LAg
dave94 said:

amercer said:

Wait, Cap took the time stone back to to the Ancient One in 2012, so Strange has it again.
Yes it was taken back.
but it is still destroyed in present day MCU.
amercer
AG
My understanding is no, cap took it back to a different timeline and the stone from this universe/dimension/timeline is still gone because Thanos I destroyed it.
amercer
AG
There are some really complex diagrams on the internets that explain it, but maybe it's best not to think too hard about it.

After all, in the comics the stones always come back
dave94
AG
I thought the whole point of Bruce's talk with the Ancient One was that the stone would return to her possession so she could protect Earth? And then still pass it to the next Sorcerer Supreme. (That may be the nerdiest thing I've ever typed, lol)

It is very convoluted.
C@LAg
dave94 said:

I thought the whole point of Bruce's talk with the Ancient One was that the stone would return to her possession so she could protect Earth? And then still pass it to the next Sorcerer Supreme. (That may be the nerdiest thing I've ever typed, lol)

It is very convoluted.
regardless of whether it started another timeline or not, it went back in time before Strange ever got it.

So the events of IW/EG would still happen from that POV. And it would still be destroyed.

That said, I hope we do not get another story tied to the Infinity gems (other than fallout ) for at least 20-25 years. They are way too powerful to be a recurring plot device.
The Debt
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Mathguy64 said:

Was just about to post this same thing.

We discussed this a while back.

2/24
The Debt said:

Just listened to fatman podcast with kevin Smith. He said marvel has already established using minor villains as the antagonist of a film while the Big Bad manipulates the show's antagonist.

The obvious example is Kaicilius and Dormammu. But you also have Loki and Thanos (avengers 1), Ronan and thanos (gotg), and to a lesser extent jude law and the Supreme Intelligence (captain marvel).

With the exception of Dormammu, the confrontation with the big bad has a multi film arc, or a potential multi film arc.
YouBet
AG
DubFalls said:

C@LAg said:

bearamedic99 said:

no.

Domino here is just a random mutant called out for perspective, yes?

She's not in this show.
Ornithopter
AG
YouBet said:

DubFalls said:

C@LAg said:

bearamedic99 said:

no.

Domino here is just a random mutant called out for perspective, yes?

She's not in this show.

I'm a moron and replied to the wrong post. I was referring to Monica.
Baba Ganoush
AG
amercer said:

My understanding is no, cap took it back to a different timeline and the stone from this universe/dimension/timeline is still gone because Thanos I destroyed it.

I checked with these guys and even Lougled it and I have to say you're wrong.
bearamedic99
AG
I just mentioned Domino as someone who has powers that might overcome Wanda's powers (as shown on screen. Comics Wanda would obliterate comics Domino). No, Domino is not in this show or universe.

And sorry to bring up this discussion of timelines again but I guess here we go.

C@LAg
Just FYI... additional leaks/spoilers are now out for Episode 9, reaffirming those unused from last week and expanding with newer material.

there are also lots of obviously fake ones as well.

And I would avoid any more of ScreenCrush's videos until after Friday's episode.

With this series he has shown a few times now a willingness to subtly include/expand on his theories with newly spoiled material.

Not going to give examples, but just putting that suggestion out there.
bobinator
AG
So between going out of town and my whole family being sick I haven't been on here since Friday, anyone want to recap me on the best theories on this thread going into the finale or do I need to read back through everything?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.