Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,962 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has there been a post-credits scene before this? This is the first time I've watched past them.
Saxsoon
AG
It is the first time
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
texasaggie04
AG
I like the idea of Agnes being the primary villain. Most theories have been pointing to Mephisto with either Agnes helping him and wanted out or else undercover to help Wanda.

Make her the villain, cut out the middleman, and you don't have to worry about introducing a devil-like bad guy this late in the show. It still raises the question about what's up with Dottie though and why she wasn't on the SWORD board early in the season. She did have a very brief appearance in this show during the Wanda/Monica face-off, as did the mailman.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TV legends people under 30 might know:

anyone from full house
Will Smith and/or Carlton
Tim Allen
Urkel
Anyone from saved by the bell
Ted Danson, he's been on recent shows
Anyone from seinfeld
George Clooney (ER)
Buffy/Angel cast
Friends cast
Jason Bateman
Michael j Fox
Drew carey
Kevin James
Ray romano
The office cast (que Jim halpert/Reed Richards rumors)
Betty white

2000s on might be too recent, I threw the office in there bc Halpert is a fan fav. If you think about it, they skipped the 90's, they went from family ties to Malcom in the middle. Maybe there's something to that and they pull someone from that Era.

But Jim Halpert is already on the show. Kudos for you for not seeing race
Farmer1906
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

TV legends people under 30 might know:

anyone from full house
Will Smith and/or Carlton
Tim Allen
Urkel
Anyone from saved by the bell
Ted Danson, he's been on recent shows
Anyone from seinfeld
George Clooney (ER)
Buffy/Angel cast
Friends cast
Jason Bateman
Michael j Fox
Drew carey
Kevin James
Ray romano
The office cast (que Jim halpert/Reed Richards rumors)
Betty white

2000s on might be too recent, I threw the office in there bc Halpert is a fan fav. If you think about it, they skipped the 90's, they went from family ties to Malcom in the middle. Maybe there's something to that and they pull someone from that Era.

But Jim Halpert is already on the show. Kudos for you for not seeing race
I wish I could give this more than 1 blue star.
CoachRTM
AG
Wife and I have been singing/humming "Agatha All Along" for the last 30 minutes.

Damn thing is catchy.
Saxsoon
AG
CoachRTM said:

Wife and I have been singing/humming "Agatha All Along" for the last 30 minutes.

Damn thing is catchy.
So damn catchy.

You can tell Hahn had a ****ing ball filming that outro.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
"....and I killed Sparky, too!"
Saxsoon
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

"....and I killed Sparky, too!"

The internet: She is literally worse than Thanos and hitler
Brock Sampson
AG
Loved the looking into the camera scenes. Also enjoyed The Office style intro.

Wanda is losing it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Any chance the book is the same book that was used in Agents of Shield during the Ghostrider season? I don't remember what it was called.

...and I don't mean the literal same as that show...just that the MCU is now doing their version of it?
Ornithopter
AG
Man, that was a fun episode. Lots of good payoffs.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The book definitely had me thinking of the necronomicon.

The Agnes reveal song was amazing. Her reveal was a bit underwhelming because everyone in the Internet had been assuming it for weeks, but that tune helped still make it fun. It's definitely still playing in my head

Two episodes left. That doesn't feel like a lot of time for a ton of big reveals or introductions.

I really like Monica's character. Looking forward to seeing what her powers are and seeing her in future movies and shows.

I get the sense from the glimpse we had of Agatha's intro that Wanda created the hex from a place of grief, and then Agatha came in and hijacked it for nefarious purposes. I wonder if Agatha will persist beyond this show. She's a delight.

I wonder what the SWORD attack will be.

Very curious what explanation we'll get on Pietro next week after seeing he was controlled by Agnes.
Thanks and gig'em
texasaggie04
AG
redline248 said:

Any chance the book is the same book that was used in Agents of Shield during the Ghostrider season? I don't remember what it was called.

...and I don't mean the literal same as that show...just that the MCU is now doing their version of it?

Agents of SHIELD did the Darkhold so it's certainly possible.
Drawkcab
That whole scene with Monica meeting her friends and trying to drive into the Hex was anticlimactic. Was her friend anyone we're supposed to know? Seemed like a nobody.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I agree that was anticlimactic. I hope that's not who her "friend" was supposed to be. They never explicitly said it was the friend they were going to meet.
Thanks and gig'em
CowtownAg06
AG
I actually thought the circus guy was Hugh Jackman for a minute.
bobinator
AG
Yeah that whole thing was a little weird. Kind of like last week and the scene were suddenly Darcy was a hacker, that scene was bizarre to me this week. So Rambeau knows someone who is part of Sword, but not part of it enough that the director is going to notice them missing, but also they built this vehicle in like a day and brought it in from.... somewhere? And then all of that and it didn't work anyway she just walked in?
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
The question is still "who is holding the remote control?"

Agatha has the ability to manipulate minds but an entire town would be Xavier level power.

Also, remember back to the Hallloween episode, Quicksilver asked her about the town's kids and keeping hundreds frozen. If he was working with Agatha, as the end credits show, why would he be drawing attention to Agatha in the midst of a deception?

I still think there is someone bigger than purple witch.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm betting Agatha and Wanda were both controlling the townspeople. Wanda got the ball rolling, and Agatha would just tweak the townspeople to direct action the way she wanted it.

Like, all Wanda wanted was a happy town for her and vision.

Agatha wanted Wanda to have kids, and wanted vision to question reality enough that he'd leave the house and not be around to protect the kids from Agatha.

Next episode, I suspect we'll learn how much Agatha was controlling Wanda, too. (Similar to X2, when a telepath controls Xavier to make him kill all mutants, something the telepath couldn't do, but he could make Xavier do)
Thanks and gig'em
Brock Sampson
AG
Who spoke to Wanda when she was doing one of her sit down interviews?
Brock Sampson
AG
Also pretty hilarious that she turned the government agency into a circus. Great symbolism there
bobinator
AG
Brock Sampson said:

The whole meta-show within the show still makes my head hurt and it probably doesn't mean anything at all.
CoachRTM
AG
We're at the point now that there's no time for big reveals that will wrap up during the series. If there's a big bad beyond Agatha, it would be a reveal in the finale, that more than anything would just lead into the Dr Strange movie.
The Debt
Back to the commercial from the Halloween episode, is Agatha leeching Wanda? Or is someone else manipulating both?

Every TV show needs a heel, an antagonist. Michael Scott had Toby, Ron Swanson had local government, cheers had diane, etc. That role is being played on screen by Agatha. But again, is there a producer outside this show?
bobinator
AG
Agatha certainly seems to act like she knows exactly what's happening.

I do still think there's another player in the game, but I think they're working with Agatha.
TCTTS
AG
CoachRTM said:

We're at the point now that there's no time for big reveals that will wrap up during the series. If there's a big bad beyond Agatha, it would be a reveal in the finale, that more than anything would just lead into the Dr Strange movie.

I disagree. The TV conceit has caught up to present day, Vision now fully knows what's up, and Agatha as *a* big bad has been revealed. Yet, we still have close to two hours left of story to tell. We basically have a movie's worth of time left to wrap this up, which I think is more enough to introduce one last twist, big bad, etc.
Ryan34
AG
CoachRTM said:

If the total runtime is 6 hours as has been reported, there's about 2 hours left. Almost 4 "normal" episodes' worth. Plenty of time for more twists, as I fully expect there will be.
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

Agatha is insanely powerful if her spell can control all of the people like that. Also, why were the people on the outskirts of town all basically frozen but the clowns who are definitely on the outskirts not frozen still.
plot force.

or, you could say the other townspeople have been caught up in the hex for a full week and had time to be slowed down as they were determined to be irrelevant, while the circus people have only been in few a few hours.
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

Agatha is insanely powerful if her spell can control all of the people like that. Also, why were the people on the outskirts of town all basically frozen but the clowns who are definitely on the outskirts not frozen still.
Agatha IS insanely powerful, and she has access to lots of spell books that make her even moerso.
C@LAg
Brock Sampson said:

it was definitely a female voice that was slightly modified. Given the reveal at the end, I assumed it was Agnes who would later wipe the memory from Wanda's mind.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

Damn. Replied to the same post twice!
now if I buy you a drink can we have happy fun time?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.