Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,935 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lou Mongello (sp?) is a Disney podcaster. Mostly does parks/travel stuff that my wife listens to occasionally. No idea on who the "CastleRunner" is.

Think the image is from one of the posters.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Here is some speculation on Monica Rambeau, but it includes some information from Wikipedia, so I am going to use spoiler tags.

[sp]Monica Rambeau in the comics got her powers after coming into contact with another dimension. She became able to basically transform her body into any form of energy, and she developed the ability to shoot energy from her hands. So, getting pulled into Wanda's alternate reality probably triggered Rambeau's comic book powers. She just doesn't know it yet. This explains her x-ray.[/sp]

I know this has already been touched on in this thread, but this has to be where the story will go with Monica, right? I've never been a comics reader, so this story line and character are completely unknown to me outside of the MCU.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Just watched and I literally LOL'd at these:

Saxsoon
AG
CoachRTM said:

Lou Mongello (sp?) is a Disney podcaster. Mostly does parks/travel stuff that my wife listens to occasionally. No idea on who the "CastleRunner" is.

Think the image is from one of the posters.

If you like listening about the pros and various Disney related stuff (dude loves Marvel and Star Wars and would talk about the movies and d23) I would recommend the WDW radio show podcast of his.
tysker
AG
Drawkcab said:

I figured it out! The Luke Skywalkeresque reveal will be Human Torch played by Chris Evans!

America's Ash
The Debt
What is the progression of the MCU

Phase 1: hero's exist, independent stories building to team
Phase 2: team is forged and they have threats internal and external to earths security.
Phase 3: universe wide threat that is solved with science (magic/science asgardian concept of magic)
Phase 4: existential threat using true mystical power and mutants

ShangChi and 10 rings, wanda, strange 2
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Your joke is outstanding, but this is clearly America's Ash.
tysker
AG
Touche. Seems like somebody shopped at S-Mart today
C@LAg
she has to be stopped.

AgfromHOU
AG
I said it on the other thread, but that shirt just makes her hotter
Dr. Teeth
AG
bobinator said:

So I'm doing a rewatch on some things currently. Rambeau goes in, and then we know it's 24 hours (says so on the screen) before Darcy arrives. From there we have the night they send in the guy, they try the broadcast, and then I guess it could be later that same night that Rambeau comes out.

If the next day is drone day that means we're at real world night 3 when Wanda comes out with the drone.

However, when Wanda throws Monica out of the Hex, it is daytime in the Hex, but nighttime when she lands outside.

Time may not be passing the same inside and outside.
CowtownAg06
AG
redline248 said:

The mailman has had 2 front and center scenes, which seem unimportant...but I'm just keeping my eye on him. Just kind of jumped out to me.

I really thought the mail man was Star Burns from Community. Given the Russo/Community/MCU tie ins, it was possible, but IMBD told me it wasn't him.

On weird show like this, I love the idea of Star Burns just lurking around.
bobinator
AG
It definitely isn't. And ultimately it probably doesn't matter, I just wish we knew a little more about it.
degreedy
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

bobinator said:

So I'm doing a rewatch on some things currently. Rambeau goes in, and then we know it's 24 hours (says so on the screen) before Darcy arrives. From there we have the night they send in the guy, they try the broadcast, and then I guess it could be later that same night that Rambeau comes out.

If the next day is drone day that means we're at real world night 3 when Wanda comes out with the drone.

However, when Wanda throws Monica out of the Hex, it is daytime in the Hex, but nighttime when she lands outside.

Time may not be passing the same inside and outside.
It's definitely not the same. The drone shows up, prepares to fire (in the daytime in the Hex), then Wanda emerges at night from the Hex.
jeffk
AG
Why was the latest drone able to enter the Hex without being transformed? I know they said something about making it out of stuff that didn't need changing, but I guess I missed what they actually did to get it to work.
Charlie Conway
it was a version of their drone from the 80s I believe
bobinator
AG
Yes it appears that basically the Hex was automatically changing anything that came in to be period-appropriate.

So Rambeau's clothes, the previous drones, etc.

Wanda (or whoever) didn't even have to consciously think about it, it would just happen.

But because the 80's drone was already period appropriate it continued to work.
Capitol Ag
AG
redline248 said:

some interesting observations from rewatching a few episodes:

Monica tells the director or whoever debriefed her that she heard Wanda in her head the whole time, so when Norm talks to Vision about it, I think it's 100% he meant Wanda and not some unknown other person

When Wanda goes outside with the missile and says "I have what I want and no one is going to take it away from me, again" she looks right at Hayward with a somewhat knowing look (imo) and he has what I think was a weird reaction to it. I think she knows that he had Vision, and knows his reasons/intentions.

Also, about SWORD, when Hayward is bringing Monica up to speed he talks about them shifting to robotics, synthetics, AI... all things that are Vision. They were definitely trying to recreate him in some fashion, imo.

The mailman has had 2 front and center scenes, which seem unimportant...but I'm just keeping my eye on him. Just kind of jumped out to me.

I think it's weird that no one in the SWORD facility seems to care about the agent that went in through the sewers. lol

They are trying to weaponize his technology more then just trying to recreate his. Weaponizing him, his tech from him and/or recreating him are against his living Will. So SWORD/Hayward are definitely doing that but as Hayward states, so is Wanda. Interesting scenario for sure.
bobinator
AG
There's probably some debate about whether he even has legal rights and if his will matters.

The next show is just going to be a drawn out version of the 'Measure of a Man' Star Trek TNG episode.
Capitol Ag
AG
bobinator said:

There's probably some debate about whether he even has legal rights and if his will matters.

The next show is just going to be a drawn out version of the 'Measure of a Man' Star Trek TNG episode.

Good point on the will. Can AI have a legal will? Is Vis considered "alive" legally? Not sure what the comics say but in theMCU, there hasn't been anyone like Vision before and there'd be no precedence on this I'd think.
redline248
AG
If he can lift the hammer, he can have a will.

/Thor
probably
bobinator
AG
Well, there may be some legal precedent depending on what litigation came out of Sokovia. Did Stark have to pay out any settlements since he created Ultron or was Ultron considered a separate legal entity like a child would be. Did Tony try to claim Ultron as a dependent on his taxes that year?

A lot to parse there.
jeffk
AG
Can't wait for the Law & Order:WandaVision episode.
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

Well, there may be some legal precedent depending on what litigation came out of Sokovia. Did Stark have to pay out any settlements since he created Ultron or was Ultron considered a separate legal entity like a child would be. Did Tony try to claim Ultron as a dependent on his taxes that year?

A lot to parse there.
A lot to unpack
AliasMan02
AG
So on the Mephisto thing, I think the only way that makes sense to me is if on rewatch it's there all along in a way that is obvious in hindsight, like rewatching Sixth Sense.

We're awfully far into this thing to have a new villain step forward and say "It is I, Mephisto! A character the viewers have never seen! I'm behind it all!"

Could we get and MCU standard "never use his name" thing? Like it's Mephisto but never identified as such?
bobinator
AG
I think it's possible that they set the stage with the Rambeau episode for an episode that's entirely from that character's point of view. So it won't be like him suddenly at the end being in charge, it would take us through the entire sequence of events.

But yes, I do wonder if it is Mephisto, how exactly his character is adapted/changed and introduced. Would he be a "regular human turned villain by science/magic" or "being from outer space" type.
ja86
AG
bobinator said:

I think it's possible that they set the stage with the Rambeau episode for an episode that's entirely from that character's point of view. So it won't be like him suddenly at the end being in charge, it would take us through the entire sequence of events.

But yes, I do wonder if it is Mephisto, how exactly his character is adapted/changed and introduced. Would he be a "regular human turned villain by science/magic" or "being from outer space" type.
He will be a time/space dimensional villain and lead to Dr. Strange getting involved.
rhutton125
AG

I can't stop listening to this theme song!
fig96
AG
bobinator said:

A lot to parse there.
Tony has great accountants, he was both a dependent and an employee.
Capitol Ag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

So on the Mephisto thing, I think the only way that makes sense to me is if on rewatch it's there all along in a way that is obvious in hindsight, like rewatching Sixth Sense.

We're awfully far into this thing to have a new villain step forward and say "It is I, Mephisto! A character the viewers have never seen! I'm behind it all!"

Could we get and MCU standard "never use his name" thing? Like it's Mephisto but never identified as such?
He has been mentioned before and part of that was the line by Dottie, "The devil is in the details" followed by Agnes to Wanda in response, "That's not the only place he is...."

Plus, it all depends on how marvel introduces him. And is he really the Devil or a living entity like an alien. In the comics it's kind of both. He is listed as being part of the species demon. Like an animal would be. Since the MCU is going to introduce the Celestials and Eternals, this would inevitably tie into that somehow.
The Debt
Marvel showrunners have already mentioned they intend to use Wandavision as the springboard for the Phase 4 threat.

The villian in this show is likely not Wanda because she is an Avenger. If she is the villain than the message is coping with a post Thanos world, which is far too emo and doesnt really propel us anywhere into a a Phase 4 threat.
Gangnam Style
AG
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/wandavision-evan-peters-pietro-arrival-interview

Quote:

"Everybody was really excited. I think Kevin [Feige, Marvel Studios president] wanted to make sure that there was a reason for it, that it made sense. And I hope that's what we did."
Saxsoon
AG
rhutton125 said:

I can't stop listening to this theme song!

I love the double entendre of making it up at the end

And it isn't surprising why these songs are all so ****ing good

Quote:

Each song is written by EGOT award-winning (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony) duo Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez (Frozen).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denofgeek.com/tv/wandavision-theme-song/%3Famp
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
Also damn she looks like Vera Farmiga in that thumbnail
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
redline248
AG
Capitol Ag said:

AliasMan02 said:

He has been mentioned before and part of that was the line by Dottie, "The devil is in the details" followed by Agnes to Wanda in response, "That's not the only place he is...."

Plus, it all depends on how marvel introduces him. And is he really the Devil or a living entity like an alien. In the comics it's kind of both. He is listed as being part of the species demon. Like an animal would be. Since the MCU is going to introduce the Celestials and Eternals, this would inevitably tie into that somehow.
A commonly used idiom isn't nearly enough of a "mention" for a villain that many have never heard of. The idiom itself, however, is basically telling us that there is more to this than just Wanda is the villain. So, I think if it's Mephisto there needs to be - or will be - more.

Since we already have the Fox Quicksilver involved, and we are talking about Mephisto...let's talk about Azazeal from First Class (or even Nightcrawler). Aren't they a type of demon or devil? Is Mephisto the same? Again, there would need to be more to make this kind of connection since many viewers won't know anything about the origin of these characters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.