Wandavision Discussion Thread

197,932 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

That seems to indicate that Wanda is aware of the camera angles and the broadcast itself?

All of that really threw me.
she is. she used the credits to try to shut down the conversation with the Vision at the end of Ep05, and then made them go away when they both stormed off screen and had their flying argument.
Drawkcab
Never heard of Miphesto but since everyone's talking about him I googled and read his wiki. Man! He is unbelievably connected to a ton of people already in the MCU plus a ton who aren't. Bringing him on board would open the door to a wider universe for sure.
bobinator
AG
So I'm doing a rewatch on some things currently. Rambeau goes in, and then we know it's 24 hours (says so on the screen) before Darcy arrives. From there we have the night they send in the guy, they try the broadcast, and then I guess it could be later that same night that Rambeau comes out.

If the next day is drone day that means we're at real world night 3 when Wanda comes out with the drone.
bobinator
AG
Well I know she is now, but that's what I'm saying is that threw me. Who is she broadcasting for?
C@LAg
Drawkcab said:

Never heard of Miphesto but since everyone's talking about him I googled and read his wiki. Man! He is unbelievably connected to a ton of people already in the MCU plus a ton who aren't. Bringing him on board would open the door to a wider universe for sure.
When Doctor Doom is involved in the MCU, his tie-in to DD would make a glorious book-end to Phase 5 or something like that.
C@LAg
bobinator said:

Well I know she is now, but that's what I'm saying is that threw me. Who is she broadcasting for?
not a damn clue at this point. It is a weird conceit or gimmick that is hard to find an analog for.

Given her powers, she could do most anything immediately if possessed or whatever.

My guess is it is a progression (each episode/each time period) , to get her to do something - recreate vision, have kids, age kids, whatever,, until the end game is reached.

Maybe SHE has to believe it for it to be real, so it has to progress from prior story beats.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, what's weird is like, a character from a different universe of movies shows up, fine, no problem for me.

But Wanda being aware that it's a broadcast and actually controlling the camera angles... I can't get my head around that.

Just for clarity, what I mean is that I had previously assumed that, inside the bubble, it was like a stage play. Everyone has their roles, Wanda is directing it, etc. But if she's aware it's a tv broadcast and is actually controlling the cameras, who is the broadcast for?
The Debt
He should have looked at the screen and said "what? You didnt see that coming?"
texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

redline248 said:

Why do you think Hayward is a bigger villain than just your typical let's shoot a missile at the problem ass hole?

It just seems like the perfect twist. The Screenrant videos keep talking about Mephisto - the devil character who tried to steal Wanda's twins in the comics - and I could totally see Hayward being Mephisto. Something about him just seems fishy. That, and it's becoming more and more apparent, to me at least, that someone engineered this whole thing. I think Wanda is keeping it going, and is pulling the strings to a large degree, but I think she's been manipulated from the start. Someone - potentially Mephisto - *wanted* her to create the Hex and thus create the twins. And Hayward seems like the perfect candidate to have pulled that off.

I could buy the big bad (let's say Mephisto) being both Hayward AND Dottie. If this is a show within a show, it would make sense for the director (Hayward) to be pulling the strings behind the camera. That's the director's job. And some directors make appearances in their own media so why not also be a character on-screen (Dottie).

On another note, Hayward's name is credited as Director Tyler Hayward (according to IMDB's list of the cast). I REALLY want to make an anagram out of that, but that's probably a bit cliche. "I Cry, World, Retry Death?" That's the best I've got.
The Debt
I, for one, have zero interest in F4 in the MCU. Even if it's done "true to the comics" they are boring AF.

Idgaf if they are Stan Lee's favorite, keep that narrative far from this.
C@LAg
there is also no related character names in the MCU or the comics.

he is an entirely new character.

The issue is that Monica has a history with him that stretches back way before she was blipped 5 years ago.

Yes, he could be impersonated, but that is why I tend to think it is not Mephisto using his body or whatever.

That would be a freaking long term con with no guaranteed payoff.

But to tie back to TCTTS asking if it could be Kang... this is where it COULD be Kang.

He would have a POV from the future and know what and when things happen to show up and give it a nudge this way or that. (that is why I hate any and all stories with time travel. it can be such a cheat).
C@LAg
The Debt said:

I, for one, have zero interest in F4 in the MCU. Even if it's done "true to the comics" they are boring AF.

i agree, overall they are boring but they have had some damn good stories here and there that would work as great movies,.
The Debt
The only actor worth playing The Thing!

Drawkcab
I figured it out! The Luke Skywalkeresque reveal will be Human Torch played by Chris Evans!
C@LAg
that ass is only good enough for only one character in the MCU.
C@LAg
bobinator
AG
A friend of mine floated that and I thought that would be hilarious.
C@LAg
Drawkcab said:

I figured it out! The Luke Skywalkeresque reveal will be Human Torch played by Chris Evans!
well, if Fox Quicksilver is in the Multiverse...

Fox Human Torch is as well.

So he is already part of the Multiverse.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Someone watches John Campea.
Drawkcab
Never heard of him. The Debt's video got me thinking about it.
fig96
AG
C@LAg said:

bobinator said:

That seems to indicate that Wanda is aware of the camera angles and the broadcast itself?

All of that really threw me.
she is. she used the credits to try to shut down the conversation with the Vision at the end of Ep05, and then made them go away when they both stormed off screen and had their flying argument.
But she also seems either unaware of it or ignores that it's happening at other times. Going to be really interesting rewatching these once we figure out what the "rules" are.
redline248
AG
some interesting observations from rewatching a few episodes:

Monica tells the director or whoever debriefed her that she heard Wanda in her head the whole time, so when Norm talks to Vision about it, I think it's 100% he meant Wanda and not some unknown other person

When Wanda goes outside with the missile and says "I have what I want and no one is going to take it away from me, again" she looks right at Hayward with a somewhat knowing look (imo) and he has what I think was a weird reaction to it. I think she knows that he had Vision, and knows his reasons/intentions.

Also, about SWORD, when Hayward is bringing Monica up to speed he talks about them shifting to robotics, synthetics, AI... all things that are Vision. They were definitely trying to recreate him in some fashion, imo.

The mailman has had 2 front and center scenes, which seem unimportant...but I'm just keeping my eye on him. Just kind of jumped out to me.

I think it's weird that no one in the SWORD facility seems to care about the agent that went in through the sewers. lol
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
texasaggie04 said:

For those who haven't watched the Easter eggs video posted earlier, was a cool catch in there that each of the commercials not only point to part of her past but also are reminiscent of an infinity stone.

Toaster light (placed to look like the mind stone)
Strucker watch (time stone)
Hydra soap (blue square like the tesseract)
Lagos spill (red liquid like aether)

I did not catch that but it seems like it may be episode specific, right?

Episode 1 - introduction to vision back from the dead (mind stone)
Episode 2 - rewinds time with beekeeper guy coming out of sewer (time stone)
Episode 3 - lots of blue colors in the episode and throws Geraldine physically out of westview (space stone)
Episode 5 - perception of pietro changed (reality stone)

We got power stone and soul stone to see if they come up in future commercials. Wonder if she's going to come to a point where she'll have to sacrifice somebody to really get that soul stone effect though.

Also 6 Infinity stones right? So hexagons could have another meaning into that being 6 sided and all with what people are talking about how she has the essence of all the 6 stones or some **** like that. Don't know. Excited about the show though.

C@LAg
redline248 said:

I think it's weird that no one in the SWORD facility seems to care about the agent that went in through the sewers. lol
she rewound time enough to both make Vision forget the event and back far enough to where the guy did not enter the Hex.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

she rewound time enough to both make Vision forget the event and back far enough to where the guy did not enter the Hex.

They show his counterparts pulling back his cable with only a jump rope on the end. He gone.
the scene with them pulling the cable occurs exactly after he goes through the barrier and before he sees Wanda.

if she rewinds time as we saw in Episode 2, how does that matter? He would just be back to where he would have entered the barrier, effectively repelled.
Post removed:
by user
AggieLitigator
I still think it's Nightmare. I think it was 3 years ago or so they announced Doctor Strange 2 villain would be nightmare and that it would be a horror film (not kidding). Then they part ways with director a year or two later and it's suddenly the multiverse of madness. Promo commercial Disney released shows a gasp of Wanda like she's waking up. And I can't stop thinking about the one line song they ended the last episode on which comes from the song dream weaver.

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
Oh, what can it mean that
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen

They only played "and a homecoming Queen" as the lyric but I felt like they were hinting she's in a dream state. Mephisto seems too obvious. Anyway, that's been my guess since episode 1. I'm sticking with it!
AgfromHOU
AG
The Debt said:

Stan's favorite is actually Silver Surfer (who Jack Kirby created), but hard disagree.

They shouldn't be part of Wandavision, but they should be in this universe and done right.
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

Drawkcab said:

well, if Fox Quicksilver is in the Multiverse...

Fox Human Torch is as well.

So he is already part of the Multiverse.
*both Fox Human Torches
amercer
AG
third coast.. said:

She can't rewind time outside the hex so he is either trapped there or was expelled.

In one of the recap videos they claimed he was seen serving ice cream in the intro to episode 3, but I don't know if that's confirmed.

Either way it's a little odd that it's never been mentioned again.
rynning
AG
Hayward's first name is Tyler, not very close to Ralph as someone asked earlier. But I keep thinking about how he corrected Rambeau by saying he wasn't Director but Acting Director. Maybe it's nothing, but is he both?

And love how Agnes always has the right prop that no one questions: dinner for four, rabbit, dog house. And because Agnes is "aware", Wanda doesn't care about hiding her abilities in front of her any more.
CoachRTM
AG
Seems like maybe a stretch, but hey, that's kind of the point of this thread

https://instagr.am/p/CKym__bBgIG
YouBet
AG
Who is that?
bobinator
AG
Vision has definitely started to question her

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.