Wandavision Discussion Thread

191,119 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
degreedy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tv1113 said:

I just really thought there would be something more interesting happening in the end. The villain just felt really bland to me, but it was interesting to get scarlet witches more in depth backstory and why the tv sitcom thing was happening. Overall was pretty meh for me.
the ending was INCREDIBLY meh. You telling me the big bad and Wanda just faced off hovering around the sky and then she eventually just wrapped her up and made her change her appearance? And then Wanda just flys off not having to deal with any of the consequences for what she caused or made all those people endure?

If the Sokovia Accords happened more or less because of the damage they caused there, what kind of repercussions will develop because of this?

I get that they were trying to get Wanda to develop by dealing with her grief, but the endgame was thought out & developed very poorly in my opinion.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i wonder if the way Spiderman FFH ended, and now Wandavision, if the next phase is going to deal with people coming to distrust superheroes? will be interesting to see where Falcon and Winter Soldier end up at the end of their series. Throw mutants into the mix, and you could have a real powder keg.
CoachRTM
AG
Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed that WandaVision was a mostly contained story-arc with lower stakes that fleshed out two of my favorite main characters and two of my favorite "side" characters (Woo and Darcy). They also introduced plenty that will affect the universe in the future.

Some big bad at the end that was pulling all the strings would have frustrated me.
rhutton125
AG
I think that's a great point! In the comics, Wanda always faced discrimination for being a mutant. Assuming they don't throw her straight into that pot eventually, it makes sense for her series to end with her being feared and in hiding.

Throw in Spider-Man and eventually other mutants and it does seem kind of ripe for something like... well, Civil War, which we've had. But maybe it'll also set the stage for people to fear and hate mutants.

I could see us looking back in a couple of years and seeing, for example...

- whatever happens in Falcon & Winter Soldier, leaving that vague for now since this isn't the thread to spoil anything there
- the world fearing Wanda
- Skrulls trying to take over the world in Secret Invasion
- Stark tech falling into the wrong hands in Armor Wars
- Moon Knight beating criminals to death
- mutants popping up in your kid's schools

Whatever the world will look like in a few years (in-universe), they won't be able to rely on old favorites like Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor (presumably off-world), Natasha Romanoff... even Wanda and Vision are different, Captain Marvel is probably off-world, there's no SHIELD... etc.

Maybe that will lead to a Thunderbolts or Dark Reign or something like that.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I wondered this too she effed up a lot of people and ah gets to just ride off Scott free? Kinda wtf
TexasAggie_02
AG
tv1113 said:

Yeah I wondered this too she effed up a lot of people and ah gets to just ride off Scott free? Kinda wtf
especially when you consider that probably half of those people were just brought back from the Blip, only to have their mind taken over. While the other half just had their loved ones returned to them, only to have their minds taken over.
redline248
AG
tv1113 said:

I don't think she waited for permission. She's been a fugitive before
dave94
AG
redline248 said:

tv1113 said:

I don't think she waited for permission. She's been a fugitive before
Yeah, Monica "let her go" but more than anything just didn't stop her from running before the Feds got there.

Edit: Like they could have stopped her anyway, lol
jeffk
AG
The class-action suit against Wanda is going to be incredible.
degreedy
AG
but this is marvel/disney. they won't delve into it too far and the superheroes will get to fly off with no real impact.
jeffk
AG
I would watch a Law & Order/Marvel crossover show.
Sex Panther
AG
jeffk said:

I would watch a Law & Order/Marvel crossover show.

Isn't that basically She-Hulk?
jeffk
AG
It could be. Which is one of the reasons I'm excited about that.

Also, Daredevil had far too little lawyering for my liking.
Madmarttigan
AG
Daredevil will still be better than all of these marvel shows and we will never see him again.

CubbieAggie
AG
tv1113 said:

Daredevil will still be better than all of these marvel shows and we will never see him again.

Or will we? He's reportedly in Spider Man: No Way Home
YNWA_AG
AG
In before Charlie Cox shows up in spiderman 3
TexasAggie_02
AG
jeffk said:

The class-action suit against Wanda is going to be incredible.
they each get a piece of her New Jersey estate.
redline248
AG
YNWA_AG said:

In before Charlie Cox shows up in spiderman 3
Just missed it by a hair
tx1c
AG
NPH- said:

but this is marvel/disney. they won't delve into it too far and the superheroes will get to fly off with no real impact.
Disney already went down this path with Pixar and The Incredibles.
DTP02
AG
NPH- said:

I think y'all are missing the boat on this. I think they're setting Wanda up for somewhat of an antagonist role in the next movie she's in. Maybe some kind of split personality deal between Wanda and the Scarlet Witch.
redline248
AG
DTP02 said:

NPH- said:

I think y'all are missing the boat on this. I think they're setting Wanda up for somewhat of an antagonist role in the next movie she's in. Maybe some kind of split personality deal between Wanda and the Scarlet Witch.
You know, personally I think I would like it better if there was no flirtation with the "dark side" of the Scarlet Witch, or whatever Agatha said about it. We don't need another Dark Phoenix, do we? (although I'm sure Fiege would nail it). I know that's probably what is going to happen, though. You don't start reading from "the book of the damned" without a little bit of corruption, right?
YouBet
AG
CoachRTM said:

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed that WandaVision was a mostly contained story-arc with lower stakes that fleshed out two of my favorite main characters and two of my favorite "side" characters (Woo and Darcy). They also introduced plenty that will affect the universe in the future.

Some big bad at the end that was pulling all the strings would have frustrated me.
Agreed although I don't give a rat's ass about Woo and Darcy's characters. They are both annoying to me.
YouBet
AG
rhutton125 said:

I think that's a great point! In the comics, Wanda always faced discrimination for being a mutant. Assuming they don't throw her straight into that pot eventually, it makes sense for her series to end with her being feared and in hiding.

Throw in Spider-Man and eventually other mutants and it does seem kind of ripe for something like... well, Civil War, which we've had. But maybe it'll also set the stage for people to fear and hate mutants.

I could see us looking back in a couple of years and seeing, for example...

- whatever happens in Falcon & Winter Soldier, leaving that vague for now since this isn't the thread to spoil anything there
- the world fearing Wanda
- Skrulls trying to take over the world in Secret Invasion
- Stark tech falling into the wrong hands in Armor Wars
- Moon Knight beating criminals to death
- mutants popping up in your kid's schools

Whatever the world will look like in a few years (in-universe), they won't be able to rely on old favorites like Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor (presumably off-world), Natasha Romanoff... even Wanda and Vision are different, Captain Marvel is probably off-world, there's no SHIELD... etc.

Maybe that will lead to a Thunderbolts or Dark Reign or something like that.
She's kind of earned that discrimination at this point!
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248
AG
That one is so good
Saxsoon
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
YNWA_AG
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/o8qocp/wandavision_detail_i_noticed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Just checked for myself and a shadow has been added to the post credit scene in Wandavision
cbr
AG
So does this get really good or what?

I made it though about ten minutes of episode one and then went to clip my toenails.
YouBet
AG
YNWA_AG said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/o8qocp/wandavision_detail_i_noticed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Just checked for myself and a shadow has been added to the post credit scene in Wandavision
Context?
PatAg
AG
cbr said:

So does this get really good or what?

I made it though about ten minutes of episode one and then went to clip my toenails.

Thank you for your service, you're very brave.
cbr
AG
Just curious if it gets better.
agdoc2001
AG
cbr said:

A little
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
cbr said:

I did not like E2 and/or E3. I do not recall which or both but it does get somewhat better after that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.