Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,933 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I cracked up when Monica looked at the door thinking of escaping and Evan Peters strummed the guitar emphatically
YellowPot_97
AG
bobinator said:

YellowPot_97 said:

I don't think there is a big bad in the show. I think it is all Wanda trying to deal with the grief of being snapped, losing her brother, losing her parents, and losing Vision. Though I'm not sure how new Quicksilver fits in.
From a macro view, I'd say the odds are like 0% that Disney is going to put a show on the air that boils down to a woman taking an entire town hostage (possibly killing a guy?) because her lover died.

I think there's definitely some other player(s) in the game, but I am starting to like the idea that we don't really meet them until the very end.

Toot my own horn. Called it a month ago. A story of a woman dealing with her grief.
YouBet
AG
Great show. A few episodes I didn't like but good lord for the first limited run tv series after the most mega blockbuster movie series in human history this was pretty damn good.

And Wanda as scarlet witch...my god. Will watch her again.

Paul Bettany is MVP. Dude is a stud.
Farmer1906
AG
I really like how they handled it. No need for a big bad. Wrapped everything up that needed. Left a few things to carry on later (Agatha isn't dead, white vision, Monica and the Kree).

For a character that had limited screen time in the movies we really got a full trilogy worth of deep dive. I can't wait to see what we get with Falcon and Winter Soldier now.
DallasTeleAg
TCTTS said:

Still catching up on this thread, having just watched the finale... but what?!?

The entire movie IS the MCU at its finest, but not the highlight?!?! NOT THE HIGHLIGHT?!?!

"WHAT ARE YOU THE GOD OF, AGAIN?"

EDIT: and of course, I hadn't gotten to Brian Earl's post, yet. That twitter link just triggered me, and I had to reply immediately.
DallasTeleAg
Overall, I enjoyed the show. I took it for what it was for the running, and really didn't get too much into the speculation. I guess I just don't care enough about where they are going to try and guess, and I never read the comics.

The only thing I was thinking was that Dr. Strange should show up. Not only because this was supposed to lead into his movie, but because he was even mentioned, in this finale.

Just like so much of the MCU, the acting is one of the biggest pieces that makes this good, for me. Really, it is amazing how we have gone through 23 movies and a mini series about superheroes, and I struggle to find a weak point in the acting since the beginning. Casting in the MCU has been fantastic and these actors have brought their A game to deliver lines and scenes about some of the most ridiculous things.
YouBet
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

TCTTS said:

Still catching up on this thread, having just watched the finale... but what?!?

The entire movie IS the MCU at its finest, but not the highlight?!?! NOT THE HIGHLIGHT?!?!

"WHAT ARE YOU THE GOD OF, AGAIN?"

EDIT: and of course, I hadn't gotten to Brian Earl's post, yet. That twitter link just triggered me, and I had to reply immediately.
Yeah, I don't understand this at all unless the guy is simply trolling.

Ridiculous.
TCTTS
AG
He's implying that there's still a sh*t ton of other action and what not in Ragnarok; that the rest of it is memorable too in that regard. I don't know how anyone could possibly take offense to that tweet. He's simply asking a question, not looking to slight anything or your tastes or whatever. He's a fan, and I just thought it was an interesting question. The last thing I expected was for people to get pissy about something so innocuous.
Justin2010
AG
It was really enjoyable to watch overall.

But if you're going to tease that it's going to tie into sp3 nd dr strange 2 so much, I was hoping for more. The last episode felt like a let down for me because of things extraneous to the show.

Still enjoyable knowing what I know now. But I can't say I wasn't let down some.
TexasAggie_02
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I Oh, and I loved that the mid credit scene with Monica leads into Captain Marvel 2 as well. .

I wouldn't be surprised if it only sets up secret invasion.
Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

He's implying that there's still a sh*t ton of other action and what not in Ragnarok; that the rest of it is memorable too in that regard. I don't know how anyone could possibly take offense to that tweet. He's simply asking a question, not looking to slight anything or your tastes or whatever. He's a fan, and I just thought it was an interesting question. The last thing I expected was for people to get pissy about something so innocuous.

Hi, welcome to TexAgs - we get offended by stuff
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean he's just so clearly wrong. That IS the highlight of the movie, and I'd ask anyone to argue otherwise.
bluefire579
AG
DubFalls said:

TCTTS said:

Hi, welcome to TexAgs - we get offended by stuff
Yeah, you've been around long enough to know by now
YouBet
AG
I wasn't being pissy; I'm just drunk. Two completely different things.

Plus, I'm right.
TCTTS
AG
It's an awesome moment for sure. But Ragnarok has so much more to offer than just the ending. I certainly don't think of it as the "highlight." *Because* the movie as a whole is so good and so funny throughout, the ending doesn't particularly stick out as this overly amazing thing to me (even though, again, it *is* amazing).

Ha, I seriously can't believe how much this tweet is getting people's panties in a bunch.

Sepinwall, one of the best TV critics in the game, if not *the* best - a guy who loves all of this stuff - simply watched the WandaVision finale, thought it was great, and was thinking aloud if there were any other Marvel movies that stuck the landing as well as he though WandaVision did. It's such an innocuous question, and his way of complimenting what he just saw. And I thought, "This would be a great question to ask the board." Yet TexAgs of course takes issue with most offhanded aspect of his sentiment, and finds a way to be offended by it. It's just so dumb.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Idk what you fine folks are arguing about, but i just got around to watching the finale. Disappointed they stuck w/ Agatha as an antagonist rather than a mentor. Probably the first time in the MCU I've wished they'd followed the comics storyline more.

Loved the Ship of Theseus discussion between the Visions. Was waiting for Hex Vision to phase into White Vision and make something new.

LOL at all the fake spoilers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not as dumb as his tweet. Literally couldn't have chosen a worse example.

Not to mention the obvious pretentious tone of his argument.
DallasTeleAg
TCTTS said:

It's an awesome moment for sure. But Ragnarok has so much more to offer than just the ending. I certainly don't think of it as the "highlight." *Because* the movie as a whole is so good and so funny throughout, the ending doesn't particularly stick out as this overly amazing thing to me (even though, again, it *is* amazing).

Ha, I seriously can't believe how much this tweet is getting people's panties in a bunch.

Sepinwall, one of the best TV critics in the game, if not *the* best - a guy who loves all of this stuff - simply watched the WandaVision finale, thought it was great, and was thinking aloud if there were any other Marvel movies that stuck the landing as well as he though WandaVision did. It's such an innocuous question, and his way of complimenting what he just saw. And I thought, "This would be a great question to ask the board." Yet TexAgs of course takes issue with most offhanded aspect of his sentiment, and finds a way to be offended by it. It's just so dumb.
I want to respond with, "dude, we were obviously disagreeing but also being facetious." But something tells me you can't truly be thinking we are being that "pissy" about some guy i've never heard of having an opinion on a movie.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not as dumb as his tweet. Literally couldn't have chosen a worse example.

Not to mention the obvious pretentious tone of his argument.

I literally do not sense even an ounce of pretentiousness in that tweet. If you've ever read or listened to Sepinwall, he's one of the least pretentious people there is. That, and he loves Ragnarok. He's NOT slighting it. Ha, it's just so weird to me how much you're litigating such an offhanded non-issue.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The fact that you're so defensive about it is that only reason this is still going.

Nobody here is upset, dude.
TCTTS
AG
Not sensitive. Just bewildered.
TXAG 05
AG
I'm with TCTTS on this one. Yes, that scene is badass, you can't really call it the highlight when the whole movie is full blast awesome the whole time,
DallasTeleAg
TXAG 05 said:

I'm with TCTTS on this one. Yes, that scene is badass, you can't really call it the highlight when the whole movie is full blast awesome the whole time,
Sure I can. It is literally the end of the character arc Thor is on throughout the entire movie. It calls back to the beginning of the film perfectly and is a top 3 scene in the entire MCU.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Top 10, sure. Not top 3. It's not even the best Thor scene. His arrival on Wakanda is #1. I'd probably put his fight with Iron Man in the first Avengers #2.
TCTTS
AG
Man, this is such an insightful review of the finale and the season as a whole. It's super long and dives pretty deep, but raises some great points without being too overly negative. While he also offers a number of positives, his basic premise is wondering how much better the show might have been without the mystery box conceit; asking what if you essentially took episode eight and made it the pilot and we were forced to rely on the drama rather than the mystery. I'm not endorsing either take, I just thought he brings up a lot of interesting ideas/problems/solutions from a screenwriting/storytelling perspective...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/48399023
AMW2010
AG
Is this the wandavision thread? Orrrrrr something else? ... asking for a friend...
Decay
AG
So this is the first MCU property my wife and I have watched together as it came out. We have two little boys and the goodnight scene was really intense for us. Very well done, overall a very emotional series that got an appropriate finish.

Can't wait for Falcon and Winter Soldier.
redline248
AG
3. Vision debate was so perfect

2. Wanda reading the Darkhold is bad news

1. Wanda is so damn fine in the Scarlet Witch outfit, good Lord!
PatAg
AG
Clearly the most memorable scene in Thor Ragnarok was Thor's first encounter with Korg
double aught
AG
Hey, man!
CoachRTM
AG
When I think of Ragnarok, the first thing that comes to mind is the Gladiator scene. (Hulk vs Thor)
Hi, Im Brett
AG
CoachRTM said:

When I think of Ragnarok, the first thing that comes to mind is the Gladiator scene. (Hulk vs Thor)

Oh, that's the movie they're arguing about? I have seen that.
Dr. Horrible
Overall loved the show. Repeating a lot of what has already been said.

Evan Peters was probably the biggest disappointment that the head fake ended up being absolutely nothing. It feels like a missed opportunity. They could have done a recast with a different actor and had the exact same story line play out, without having an expectation of some huge crossover because of the actor. And now they've burned him as an actor for the MCU without jumping through multiverse hoops.

Most of the rest of my comments are rather nitpicky.
Would have liked to see Strange or Fury at the end, but don't think that took away from the show.

Still would have liked to know about the FBI snitch that was in the town to understand that connection that brought him there in the first place.

Darcy brought some humor at times, but otherwise wasn't critical to the show in the end.

I think I would have liked the show better as a binge and I will probably enjoy it even more a second time through when I can watch it straight through.
OnlyForNow
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Most of the rest of my comments are rather nitpicky.
Would have liked to see Strange or Fury at the end, but don't think that took away from the show.

So we haven't seen Fury or any other Shield folks since the snap. Wonder where he was during all this? Was only a few days/week max though right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.