Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,940 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, it's a really good question. What is the point of the broadcast. It works as a frame story, but there's not a clear need to broadcast it outside the hex (I mean other than making for convenient story telling, which might be the real answer)
bobinator
AG
I wouldn't really worry about it and just consider it a storytelling choice except for those couple of bits that I mentioned. They went out of their way to show that at least some people inside the hex know that they're on a show.

This gets a little hard to explain, but at first I imagined that, inside the hex, it was kind of like the Truman Show, only none of the characters were aware it was show. So basically, life was streaming to the outside world 24/7, but they didn't know it.

But now we know that's not the case. We know that some people are aware that it's a broadcast, and not only that, the broadcast is actually being edited. It's not 24/7 streaming, there are episodes. And Wanda is actually aware of what appears on camera to the outside world like the drone.

So surely that has to mean something
M.C. Swag
AG
cav14 said:

I don't know... the fact that Agatha confesses and diabolically laughs at being a dog-killer makes her the "big bad" in my book and not a morally grey character like Loki.
lol Agatha "killed" a fictitious dog while Loki murdered mass amounts of actual people but Agatha is the one with questionable morals?
Post removed:
by user
bobinator
AG
This is where it gets hard to explain, because Wanda knows its a show, but at first I thought the show was for her, like she was the audience and pulling the strings. Like an inverse Truman Show where she's the only character that's in on it.

But the bit about her "controlling what makes the show" by cutting out the drone makes me think that she's controlling the broadcast, but she's meaning for someone else to see it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it Friday yet?
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bully Maguire

Here is how it will play out in WV

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is it Friday yet?
Since it isn't, one thing I was thinking about last night is that so much of the talk about this show isn't about the plot of the show itself. Everyone is so caught up trying to guess cameos or theories about who's who that it kind of feels like the actual show is taking a backseat to itself in a way.

Like, we're seven episodes in with two to go and I'm still not sure if Vision is actually alive or not.
JJxvi
AG
Its almost like reading issues of comic books.
Ryan34
AG
bobinator said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is it Friday yet?
Since it isn't, one thing I was thinking about last night is that so much of the talk about this show isn't about the plot of the show itself. Everyone is so caught up trying to guess cameos or theories about who's who that it kind of feels like the actual show is taking a backseat to itself in a way.

Like, we're seven episodes in with two to go and I'm still not sure if Vision is actually alive or not.

We saw him outside of the Hex. Safe to assume he's alive. Bigger questions are whether he'll stay that way and how did Wanda/Agatha/whoever bring him back.
bobinator
AG
I guess I shouldn't say if he's alive, he clearly is, but will they find a way to make him truly alive is I guess my question. Since he doesn't remember anything or whatever right now.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Interesting that y'all think vision is alive. The way he started decomposing when he left the hex, in 90% sure the hex is what's keeping him alive and he'll die when it's gone.
Thanks and gig'em
Beat40
bobinator said:

This is where it gets hard to explain, because Wanda knows its a show, but at first I thought the show was for her, like she was the audience and pulling the strings. Like an inverse Truman Show where she's the only character that's in on it.

But the bit about her "controlling what makes the show" by cutting out the drone makes me think that she's controlling the broadcast, but she's meaning for someone else to see it.
Do you think Wanda has been under her own volition the entire time? We only see the one scene when she goes to Agatha's basement and Agatha freezes Wanda. Do you think it's possible Agatha has been doing this offscreen and we don't see it?

My thinking is if the above is the case, could it be Agatha is meaning for someone to see it? Could the broadcast be for the big bad as kind of a way for Agatha to show her progress and send some sort of signal when things are ready?
bobinator
AG
That's what I've been thinking, but... are they really going to kill Vision for a third time?
Ryan34
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Interesting that y'all think vision is alive. The way he started decomposing when he left the hex, in 90% sure the hex is what's keeping him alive and he'll die when it's gone.

Both. He's alive, obviously, since he was physically able to try to leave the Hex. But I don't think he can exist outside the Hex. Unless Wanda merges that little bubble of reality with the rest somehow.
bobinator
AG
Beat40 said:

Do you think Wanda has been under her own volition the entire time?
I think this is an interesting question. Because Wanda really tries as hard as she can not to break character, even going so far as to usually act like she doesn't understand what the other characters are doing when they do it.
Beat40
Aggie_Journalist said:

It's interesting, because we know SWORD was trying to bring Vision back to "life" to use, and Wanda took his body, correct?

In that case, I don't know why he would have started decomposing if the Vision we are watching is his real body.

My current thinking is Vision's body is with Agatha somewhere, and the current Vision we are watching is a creation of the Hex, which to me explains why he began to decompose as he started to leave the hex.

I'm leaning toward he's dead in reality and creation in the hex.
texasaggie04
AG
Ryan34 said:

Jab said:

Isn't it possible that new Pietro isn't actually Pietro and is some new supervillain (like Mephisto) posing as him? That would solve the issue of having to introduce a new antagonist at the last minute and also explains why he doesn't really show any depth of knowledge about Wanda's background and also looks completely different and has no accent.

I think it's possible he's possessed by the big bad (probably just Agatha though), but we've seen him use his speed. Don't see how a doppelganger could pull that off.

I can't remember, but have we seen him use his speed WITHOUT Tommy? The only scene I remember off the top of my head is the Halloween candy-stealing scene. If that's the case, maybe it's Tommy's super speed and a fake Pietro is just along for the ride. I can't remember him using it before that point. Maybe he did earlier in that episode?
redline248
AG
He runs around the room after they wake him up on the couch.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Agatha confesses and diabolically laughs at being a dog-killer
They definitely played up the wicked witch theme. "I'll get you my pretty"

C@LAg
I mentioned a few days ago about a 4chan leaker who has been spot on the last few episodes.
That person has posted their update which covers both episodes 8 and 9, and the subject matters are being discussed on some of the youtube sites.

Just a heads up that you may not want to browse too wide if you want to remain unspoiled.

dodger02
AG
Ryan34 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Both. He's alive, obviously, since he was physically able to try to leave the Hex. But I don't think he can exist outside the Hex. Unless Wanda merges that little bubble of reality with the rest somehow.

Schrodinger's Vision
ChimbosAg
AG
C@LAg said:

I mentioned a few days ago about a 4chan leaker who has been spot on the last few episodes.
That person has posted their update which covers both episodes 8 and 9, and the subject matters are being discussed on some of the youtube sites.

Just a heads up that you may not want to browse too wide if you want to remain unspoiled.

Are these being posted in this thread? Else where on Texags? Or just the internet all together? Just clarifying for obvious reasons to avoid these type of comments/spoilers
C@LAg
ChimbosAg said:

C@LAg said:

Are these being posted in this thread? Else where on Texags? Or just the internet all together? Just clarifying for obvious reasons to avoid these type of comments/spoilers
elsewhere. just warning people that some of the most recent YouTube videos (not the ones typically posted here) are starting to incorporate this information in their "what if" section.
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

ChimbosAg said:

C@LAg said:

elsewhere. just warning people that some of the most recent YouTube videos (not the ones typically posted here) are starting to incorporate this information in their "what if" section.

Yep, some of it has been speculated over the past few weeks but what I have read recently has some specifics tied to it and seeing the same in what if videos/talks (not here)
Beat40
Thursday.
degreedy
AG
C@LAg said:

I have no idea how to navigate 4chan, but am curious to see what the leaks say. How do I go about finding this information?
Saxsoon
AG
The marvelstudiosspoilers Reddit is probably the safest bet. There is a verified thing for episode 8 on the front page
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
NPH- said:

C@LAg said:

I have no idea how to navigate 4chan, but am curious to see what the leaks say. How do I go about finding this information?
Have you considered Googling Wandavision leaks?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Just wait a day and watch the show.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Just wait a day and watch the show.
fig96
AG
Saxsoon said:

The marvelstudiosspoilers Reddit is probably the safest bet. There is a verified thing for episode 8 on the front page
How do we have a verified thing for an episode that no one has seen yet?
degreedy
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

NPH- said:

C@LAg said:

Thanks ahole didn't think about that....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
NPH- said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

NPH- said:

C@LAg said:

I appreciate and accept your sincere thanks.
degreedy
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

NPH- said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

NPH- said:

C@LAg said:

I appreciate and accept your sincere thanks.
I value your appreciation & acceptance of the thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.