Wandavision Discussion Thread

191,629 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Question:

Could Kang the Conqueror play the Mephisto role to a degree here, i.e. the one pulling the string who wants Wanda's twins?

I know next to nothing about Kang, but there are rumblings that he's the next, big, overarching MCU villain, and it always seemed weird to me that they announced Jonathan Majors as Kang so long ago, waaaay before Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (in which he's the villain) was announced.

So I'm wondering if he could be introduced in some way here, and they announced him so early because he had to be cast for this.
Kang is a time traveller so technically he can do anything. but that requires a big exposition story at some point to explain it.

I am betting Ant-Man will be his origin, as he effected by the whole Pym particles/time travel nonsense tied to the Quantum dimension..

I think that would be too much at this point, especially since they payoff is so far out.

TCTTS
AG
Gotcha. Thanks.
bobinator
AG
I wouldn't worry about the timeline much as far as what it means for theories. One thing the MCU has been a little sloppy with at times is what happens when.
C@LAg
bobinator said:

I wouldn't worry about the timeline much as far as what it means for theories. One thing the MCU has been a little sloppy with at times is what happens when.
for sure. but I was just throwing that out there. I have said a few times I am surprised how close to the blip they set this story because it does not allow some parts of it to breathe naturally.
bobinator
AG
I kinda thought they might use the rip into space from the original Avengers.
C@LAg
I think Marvel did themselves a disservice by noting the 3 movies tied together because of the context that it brings does point to Mephisto as he has big story beats tied to these three main characters.

I think in hind sight they should have said WV and DS2 tied together, and not mentioned SM3 for now,.
amercer
AG
Yeah, at the end of Endgame they made Wanda look pretty stable. I assume there will be an explanation for what changed in three weeks.
C@LAg
Another trailer from a few days ago, with a few more NEW clips....

bobinator
AG
I assume one of these bad guys convinced her she could bring Vision back. That part isn't a big leap for me.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Yeah, exactly. To repeat my prediction, I think Agnes is in cahoots with Director Hayward (who I think is a villain) and potentially Dottie (who might be bad as well), but Agnes ultimately feels sympathy for Wanda and ends up on her side.
wait.

OK how about this:

Hayward is now in control of SWORD, the focus which has changed from Space to terrestrial.

He has possession of a BIG weapon - Vision - but does not have the tech to rebuild it

Blip happens/Wanda is back

Knowing what he does thinks about her power levels (almost defeated Thanos) Wanda might be able to rebuild him

Sets plan into motion, but it does not go the way he thinks it would as something/someone else gets involved

I know. somewhat cliche. but still....

bobinator
AG
Like in this show, one question I have is exactly what is the timeline? The "episodes" (in universe) obviously aren't 24 hours long, are they looping? Time is obviously passing outside the hex, we've seen at least a day (Rambeau goes in), a night (Rambeau comes out) another day (Drone goes in), another night (Wanda comes out.)

That part is confusing me.
bobinator
AG
This isn't bad except it makes some of his decisions potentially weird. Did he send Rambeau hoping she'd get killed?
C@LAg
bobinator said:

This isn't bad except it makes some of his decisions potentially weird. Did he send Rambeau hoping she'd get killed?
nope all that would be after-the-fact.

remember she did not show up back to work until after the event already started. he would have no idea she would do something like that (the whole hex thingie) in this hypothetical.
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

I assume one of these bad guys convinced her she could bring Vision back. That part isn't a big leap for me.

I agree, I'm just saying that's got to be explained on screen pretty soon. Nothing illogical about the arc, but something happens after endgame that gets filled in soon.
redline248
AG
We got that scene about vision being at work and the kids thinking it was Saturday and Wanda saying it was Monday or whatever. So "inside" the episode when scenes change its like the day changes, but the kids are only aware of it being the same day...implying that each episode we the audience watch is one real world day. Now, Wanda either wasn't aware of that or was trying to keep up the charade...I'm not sure which.
bobinator
AG
Well then he's not really a villain, just an idiot right?
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

Dumb army guy that wants to blow things up but instead sets other stuff in motion wouldn't be surprising.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I guess it's a given that time is moving differently inside the hex, but it's very differently.
C@LAg
bobinator said:

could still tie into my Universal Skrull Theory (UST)./

Remember the Skrulls in FFH had tech to create a fake beach for Fury onboard their spaceship

hell, this thing could be an onion with layers all over the place.

Part of my Universal Shrek Theory (UST) as well.
redline248
AG
So, that screen rant guy is basically convinced it's Agatha Hargrave (or whoever) and Mephisto involved and that the twins are central to the plot. Agnes has basically been trying to get Wanda pregnant since episode one. I kind of hope that it's all misdirection by Marvel and that Fox Quicksilver isn't Mephisto. I don't have any clue what else could be going on, but it would almost be better for me if no one has figured it out. Lol
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, I guess it's a given that time is moving differently inside the hex, but it's very differently.

In episode 4 when we first saw Darcy watching, it seems like each "decade" was certainly getting more than one episode. But episode 5, Vision says that Wanda changes everything every night indicating that every "show" only gets one day.
bobinator
AG
Right, that threw me. Until he said that I assumed that in-universe the decade wasn't changing every episode, but it appears it is.
redline248
AG
Do we know how many days since Wanda first showed up in Westview to when she walked out with the drone missile?
amercer
AG
Quicksilver as the bad guy in disguise makes no sense to me. If you are trying to trick Wanda you don't show up as someone she doesn't know.
C@LAg
In Ep 4 once Darcy shows up, it is all that evening where she watches episodes that include Ep01-Ep03, and Monica gets ejected that evening/night.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, exactly. To repeat my prediction, I think Agnes is in cahoots with Director Hayward (who I think is a villain) and potentially Dottie (who might be bad as well), but Agnes ultimately feels sympathy for Wanda and ends up on her side.
wait.

OK how about this:

Hayward is now in control of SWORD, the focus which has changed from Space to terrestrial.

He has possession of a BIG weapon - Vision - but does not have the tech to rebuild it

Blip happens/Wanda is back

Knowing what he does thinks about her power levels (almost defeated Thanos) Wanda might be able to rebuild him

Sets plan into motion, but it does not go the way he thinks it would as something/someone else gets involved

I know. somewhat cliche. but still....

I do like the idea of Hayward wanting to resurrect Vision. Potentially as some kind of weapon.
amercer
AG
redline248 said:

Do we know how many days since Wanda first showed up in Westview to when she walked out with the drone missile?

Did Heyward say the video of Wanda at Sword was from 9 days ago? Maybe I'm misremembering.
TCTTS
AG
I think so, yes.
TexasAggie_02
AG
amercer said:

Yeah, at the end of Endgame they made Wanda look pretty stable. I assume there will be an explanation for what changed in three weeks.

I mean she was blipped then came back and helped kick some ass. I'm sure she was riding a high for a day or two. Then after Tony's funeral and ppl start going their separate ways she has time to start processing stuff and she goes bonkers.

I don't know how old she is supposed to be, but they refer to her in civil war as "just a kid." Infinity war was a couple of years later, and then she got snapped.
amercer
AG
C@LAg said:

In Ep 4 once Darcy shows up, it is all that evening where she watches episodes that include Ep01-Ep03, and Monica gets ejected that evening/night.

I guess I just assumed that she was watching the course of weeks, but don't know that I've got anything to base that on.
bobinator
AG
Also weird is that Darcy didn't catch the signal until Rambeau was already in but she still caught what appeared to be the first episode.

And the bit about Wanda keeping the drone out of frame.

That seems to indicate that Wanda is aware of the camera angles and the broadcast itself?

All of that really threw me.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

Woo tell Monica "I have a witness set up in Westview" and he lost track of him that morning. That might indicate it has only been two or so "real" days.
Andyzipp
AG
Wanda was born in 1989, according to the meeting in episode 5
bobinator
AG
Yeah, absolute minimum it's been two days and nights, but SWORD would have to be able to deploy impossibly fast for that to be the case.
C@LAg
bobinator said:

Yeah, absolute minimum it's been two days and nights, but SWORD would have to be able to deploy impossibly fast for that to be the case.
if Hayward was monitoring Wanda post Vision theft, one would hope he would have had a team ready to deploy that day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.