Wandavision Discussion Thread

192,242 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Post removed:
by user
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For me it's the wild theories that I love. Like what's the craziest thing people can think of that's plausible within what we've seen on the show. That's where these threads get good.

The shows almost always being simpler. Though in this case the show is already pretty weird so I'm not sure anything is absolutely off the table.
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

From the Ep 6 preview:

As next week's episode is the Halloween episode with her in the comic version of her outfit, I am betting someone references "a scarlet witch" in that episode.

You are really going out on a limb with this one.
rhutton125
AG
I think that's fair 99% of the time. True Detective, Mandalorian, Breaking Bad, etc. This one feels a little more like Lost since it's been pretty bonkers so far.

The more explaining the theory would require for an audience, the less likely it is to come trie. Pietro was mentioned twice leading up to that finale, so the groundwork was laid. If they don't start referencing AIM more in the next episode or two, I think you can throw AIM theories out the window. That kind of thing.

We're more than halfway through, so theories should have plenty of ammo beyond "because comics." So I feel like I already know which theories aren't worth reading.
C@LAg
YouBet said:

C@LAg said:

From the Ep 6 preview:

As next week's episode is the Halloween episode with her in the comic version of her outfit, I am betting someone references "a scarlet witch" in that episode.

You are really going out on a limb with this one.
I am Groot?
bobinator
AG
I'm starting to get there with Mephisto theories. I guess it's possible that comics readers will know it's Mephisto but it won't be outright said that it is. That's happened a few times in the MCU with villains where it's not super clear to the audience which comic book villain they are.

I don't know much about Mephisto but it seems like some kind of literal devil appearing is going to need some explaining right?
C@LAg
bobinator said:

I'm starting to get there with Mephisto theories. I guess it's possible that comics readers will know it's Mephisto but it won't be outright said that it is. That's happened a few times in the MCU with villains where it's not super clear to the audience which comic book villain they are.

I don't know much about Mephisto but it seems like some kind of literal devil appearing is going to need some explaining right?
they could use the "dimensional being" explanation, similar to what they did with Dormammu.

except he appears like a "devil" or takes advantage of the devil myth.
bobinator
AG
That's kind of what I mean though. They took a whole movie to set up the dark dimension and Dormammu. We're five episodes into this thing with no mention of anything like that.

Not ruling it out obviously, especially because how confident the comic readers are, just seems like a crazy character to explain so quickly.
C@LAg
I still hope he is not involved in any way
A Net Full of Jello
AG
This might be absolutely nothing, but when they showed Agnes in front of her house with the dog, the house was the same one Samantha and Darin lived in on Bewitched. Maybe a clue that she is a witch?
C@LAg
A Net Full of Jello said:

This might be absolutely nothing, but when they showed Agnes in front of her house with the dog, the house was the same one Samantha and Darin lived in on Bewitched. Maybe a clue that she is a witch?
Samantha's mother Endora was played by Agnes Moorehead.

so if that is the same house... it could be another homage.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
I highly recommend everyone watch the Screenrant videos each week. They've been essential viewing for me, and they've had the Agnes-as-a-witch thing pegged for a few weeks now. Specifically, she's almost assuredly Agatha Harkness from the comics.
bobinator
AG
She's even dressed as a literal witch for Halloween in the original trailer.

Yeah, that theory has so much evidence that it would be a massive surprise if it isn't true.
rhutton125
AG
For sure. She's been Agatha Harkness in my mind since the day her character was announced.

The question is... is the an ally, like the comics, or an enemy? It's not uncommon for them to reverse the roles for a movie, like the Skrulls being good in Captain Marvel.
bobinator
AG
I'm kinda with TCTTS where I think it's maybe both.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, exactly. To repeat my prediction, I think Agnes is in cahoots with Director Hayward (who I think is a villain) and potentially Dottie (who might be bad as well), but Agnes ultimately feels sympathy for Wanda and ends up on her side.
bobinator
AG
I'm kinda the opposite, thinking she was trying to help her cope with the loss of Vision, but didn't realize how powerful she was and things got out of hand, she called in help (maybe the director, "Ralph", Dottie) and instead of helping now they're trying to take advantage of the situation.

I think maybe we get an episode that tells the whole story from her perspective kind of like we did with Rambeau.
redline248
AG
Why do you think Hayward is a bigger villain than just your typical let's shoot a missile at the problem ass hole?
TCTTS
AG
Not a bad idea. I could see that.

I'm just guessing based on the comics, since the whole twins angle was (I think) engineered from the start by nefarious forces looking to take them. I'm guessing they keep that same, basic beat, but who knows.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Yeah, exactly. To repeat my prediction, I think Agnes is in cahoots with Director Hayward (who I think is a villain) and potentially Dottie (who might be bad as well), but Agnes ultimately feels sympathy for Wanda and ends up on her side.
I am with you, but I get to a different outcome.

Agnes is good.
Dottie is bad
Hayward is bad but not "this story bad". he will be a Skrull, so his character is a long play. (nothing to base this on other than a hunch). But then again, SOMEONE had to tell Wanda where Vision's body was after it being hidden away for 5 years.. And that would have to be someone under his umbrella.
There is still another Big Bad.
bobinator
AG
Yes, they can age, but their biggest power is being immune to Wanda's powers.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Why do you think Hayward is a bigger villain than just your typical let's shoot a missile at the problem ass hole?

It just seems like the perfect twist. The Screenrant videos keep talking about Mephisto - the devil character who tried to steal Wanda's twins in the comics - and I could totally see Hayward being Mephisto. Something about him just seems fishy. That, and it's becoming more and more apparent, to me at least, that someone engineered this whole thing. I think Wanda is keeping it going, and is pulling the strings to a large degree, but I think she's been manipulated from the start. Someone - potentially Mephisto - *wanted* her to create the Hex and thus create the twins. And Hayward seems like the perfect candidate to have pulled that off.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
third coast.. said:

One thing not discussed is that the twins obviously have powers, correct? They purposefully made themselves older and then had to be warned not to do it again.

Again, might be nothing, but they've only aged when Agnes was around. And there had to be something to her saying, "Kids. You can't control them... No matter how hard you try."
amercer
AG
I'm not sure that the MCU plays the "shield is really hydra" card again so soon. That's what is sort of keeping me from thinking Heyward is an actual bad guy.

But they are certainly setting him up like a bad guy. He's kind of a jerk, he's taken over SWORD while Monica was bipped, he's got some secret video of Wanda that no one else has seen, he's trying to take the situation in a more violent direction with the armed drone, etc.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

I am with you, but I get to a different outcome.

Agnes is good.
Dottie is bad
Hayward is bad but not "this story bad". he will be a Skrull, so his character is a long play. (nothing to base this on other than a hunch). But then again, SOMEONE had to tell Wanda where Vision's body was after it being hidden away for 5 years.. And that would have to be someone under his umbrella.
There is still another Big Bad.

Could totally see that as well.
bobinator
AG
I kinda think he's TOO obvious, but that may be just because of reading theories on the internet so much, haha. Like it's way too clear that we're supposed to hate this guy.
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

I'm not sure that the MCU plays the "shield is really hydra" card again so soon. That's what is sort of keeping me from thinking Heyward is an actual bad guy.

That's a good point.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

Also wanda made the dog collar out of thin air. Was she able to just conjure things in to existence in the past?
the wedding rings?
bobinator
AG
Yes. She (or at least as far as we know it's her doing it) can basically manipulate anything inside the hex. Remember the magic show she was manipulating and conjuring all sorts of stuff.
C@LAg
also, just for reference:

3 (ish) weeks since the Blip when Wanda came back.
Likely acted normal for 4-5 days until Tony's funeral (per Endgame)

9 days since Vision's body was stolen from SWORD.
Each episode more or less takes place in a day (only basing that on "you can only get and bury a dog in the same day" comment).
No reason to assume anything happens outside of what we see, given the show repeats. But then again, there could be time dilation going on.

So whomever the bad guy is would have to be a quickly planner to manipulate things.
TCTTS
AG
Question:

Could Kang the Conqueror play the Mephisto role to a degree here, i.e. the one pulling the string who wants Wanda's twins?

I know next to nothing about Kang, but there are rumblings that he's the next, big, overarching MCU villain, and it always seemed weird to me that they announced Jonathan Majors as Kang so long ago, waaaay before Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (in which he's the villain) was announced.

So I'm wondering if he could be introduced in some way here, and they announced him so early because he had to be cast for this.
amercer
AG
third coast.. said:

Also wanda made the dog collar out of thin air. Was she able to just conjure things in to existence in the past?

If the MCU wants to they could make the blip the thing that activates mutant powers. It wipes a lot of x men history out, but allows an entry point starting now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.