Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,928 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Literally the devil. Ghost rider sold his soul to him.
Decay
AG
Wait, Ghost Rider? Aside from the questionable connection between MCU/AoS, is mephisto already in the MCU? We saw the "Rider" (the demon thing who actually possessed people to make them the Ghost Rider) in Agents of Shield.
C@LAg
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

So I'm looking at pictures of Mephisto on the web. Is this character supposed to be a devil, something like that? Like many of the Marvel characters, Mephisto is a name I've heard of but know nothing about.
He is "a" devil; not necessarily "THE" Devil.

Depends on the author and story, but for the vast part of his history he has been presented as "a" devil who takes advantage, among other things, Christian and other religions and mythologies.
C@LAg
Decay said:

Wait, Ghost Rider? Aside from the questionable connection between MCU/AoS, is mephisto already in the MCU? We saw the "Rider" (the demon thing who actually possessed people to make them the Ghost Rider) in Agents of Shield.
the various ghost riders are imbued with power from different demons/angels/fallen angels.
Dro07
AG
I thought Marvel came out a couple years ago with him being the literal devil as in biblical as well as the comic book devil?
The Debt
dromo07 said:

I thought Marvel came out a couple years ago with him being the literal devil as in biblical as well as the comic book devil?

But is he the robot devil?

C@LAg
dromo07 said:

They heavily implied it in the Mother of Demons story, but it is not "confirmed" as he was never officially named as such.
Dro07
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
The Marvel website makes it clear that Mephisto is "not the devil of the Bible."

But he claims to be, for his own purposes.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
More convinced than ever that Wanda "made a deal."

One normal life with Vision. Marriage, kids, the American dream.

But the devil turned the dream into a sitcom. A fake American dream. And the clock is ticking fast. Those kids will be grown before you can say Arrested Development.

The big bad is Mephisto. Agnes is in on it.
PatAg
AG
Then why did she have that moment where she said the pale, exploded head Vision
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
dromo07 said:

Literally the devil. Ghost rider sold his soul to him.
Never saw that movie, as that one came out during the time that I had decided I was no longer seeing comic based movies (as a result of turds like all of the original Batman sequels, as well as Spider-Man 3 and the original version of The Hulk). Missed seeing Iron Man in theaters because of that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
C@LAg said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

So I'm looking at pictures of Mephisto on the web. Is this character supposed to be a devil, something like that? Like many of the Marvel characters, Mephisto is a name I've heard of but know nothing about.
He is "a" devil; not necessarily "THE" Devil.

Depends on the author and story, but for the vast part of his history he has been presented as "a" devil who takes advantage, among other things, Christian and other religions and mythologies.
Thanks.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
PatAg said:

Then why did she have that moment where she said the pale, exploded head Vision
Shes doing some of it. Mephisto brought Viz back. That's the bargain.
Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
Have the announced what the future of this show is? Is this a one and done limited series or is there a possibility of a season 2? Or does it just function as a set up for Dr Strange 2?
redline248
AG
I don't know anything official, but I can't see how this carries into a 2nd season.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, surely this is just a mini-series.

I kind of hope that's how all of the live action MCU shows are unless they're going to set some outside of where we are in the main MCU timeline.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

I don't know anything official, but I can't see how this carries into a 2nd season.
It depends on how well the Disney+ streaming service is doing and whether they will make more money with a box office release??

I have to assume this is setting up movies.

That way, you have to buy the streaming service AND buy the theater tickets.
bobinator
AG
I'd think it would be part that and part the difficulty of trying to map out shows and movies whose events are all supposedly happening at the same time.
amercer
AG
It was announced that it's only one season.

I could see something like Falcon and Winter Soldier being multiple seasons if the are going on different missions etc. WandaVision can't go too long because of the setup.
jeffk
AG
Need a full season of hilarious outtakes from these sitcoms.
Mathguy64
AG
These "seasons" are effectively 3 hour movies, which in today's world is a genius move. I know they were planning this well before COVID but its worked out to be a great move.
AgfromHOU
AG
Shows like Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc. will get multiple seasons.

Shows like Wandavision, Secret Wars, and Armor Wars won't.

Shows like Falcon and the Winter Soldier could go either way.
ja86
AG
Not much added to what we have been discussing already, but I his takes interesting...

bobinator
AG
Loki could go either way IMO
imjustsayin
AG
Am I the only one that hopes it isn't a Mephisto character? Just seems really weird and a rather dark direction for Disney... maybe a wink and and a nod but I don't know that you need that in order to explain this plot.

I actually thought the Gollum split personality take was pretty believable but also agree there has to be someone pulling the strings. Who knows, maybe it is Mephisto but I know I'd have a harder time explaining that one to my 8 & 6 yr old who've loved MCU and WV to date. I dunno.
YNWA_AG
AG
Pretty sure Loki already got renewed for a second season
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248 said:

season 2 could all be reality TV tropes.

Start off funny/lighthearted
  • Candid Camera
  • Dick Clarks Bloopers and Practical Jokes
  • Westview's funniest home videos (complete with Bob Saget cameo)

Start getting more serious
  • MTVs Real World
  • Survivor
  • Joe Millionaire
  • Jersey Shore
  • Real Housewives of Westview
  • Trading Spouses (maybe finally meet Agnes' husband)
  • Keeping up with the Maximoffs
  • Naked and Afraid
CowtownAg06
AG
Bob Saget in the MCU with an Olsen would be epic.
TexasAggie_02
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Bob Saget in the MCU with an Olsen would be epic.
i want Dave Coulier to walk into the 90s episode this season and say "Wanda, Cut it out." but in an ominous sort of way. Maybe they need to send something in from the 90s so it doesn't change, so they bring in Dave Coulier, lol. Dave shows up in a suit or something, and when he walks through the wall, it turns into an ugly sweater.

Malachi Constant
AG
Still waiting to see Mary-Kate and Ashley show up as someone
AgfromHOU
AG
Forgot about Loki. That show could probably go a few seasons if Hiddleston wants it. Lots of things you can do with his storyline now.
Sex Panther
AG
Late to the party, but that was awesome... This show is like Marvel does Lost and I'm loving all the little meta details and puzzles.

Count me in the camp of Agness is the bad guy... but not really. And will end up helping Wanda in the end. I think Mephisto or Nightmare is behind this, but they will be some kind of post-credits/big reveal to lead into Dr Strange 2, in which Wanda will be the team-up.

I think it's going to be a big name actor, although hard to imagine Marvel has been able to keep it under wraps. My guess is either Ethan Hawke or Keanu. The final scene will be Vision talking with them (before Vision dies again for good) and tells them they will lose or something like that...

Paul Bettany is on record saying he gets to work with someone he's always wanted to and was super excited about it. Evan Peters is amazing, but I doubt that's who he was referring to.
TexasAggie_02
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.