Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,919 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like the villain in this is still going to be Agnes, who really is Agatha Harkness the dark witch.
I don't know how much this has already been discussed on this thread, nor do I know how she sets up the next phase. But clearly the theory is out there, especially since she dressed up like a witch on Halloween, but again, I'm sure that is somewhere in this thread.

I also believe that either Magneto or Wolverine will show up, eventually.
StringerBell
AG
rhutton125 said:

I can't stop listening to this theme song!
everything about this show is just so damn well done
Dro07
AG
i can see Magnus but why logan?
AliasMan02
AG
Iowaggie said:

I feel like the villain in this is still going to be Agnes, who really is Agatha Harkness the dark witch.
I don't know how much this has already been discussed on this thread, nor do I know how she sets up the next phase. But clearly the theory is out there, especially since she dressed up like a witch on Halloween, but again, I'm sure that is somewhere in this thread.

I also believe that either Magneto or Wolverine will show up, eventually.

I'm kinda in on this, with maybe Mephisto being the post credits reveal.
bobinator
AG
I kinda liked the Jackman Wolverine as a cameo just because he's the most recognizable character of that franchise.
Dro07
AG
I thought there was a connection between wanda and wolverine i didnt realize.
The Debt
bobinator said:

I kinda liked the Jackman Wolverine as a cameo just because he's the most recognizable character of that franchise.
double aught
AG
When I saw the back of Quicksilver's silver hair, I thought it was old man Steve Rogers for a second.
Drawkcab
double aught said:

When I saw the back of Quicksilver's silver hair, I thought it was old man Steve Rogers for a second.

She would toss his ass out faster than you could say "Sayonara, America's Ass!"
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

The mailman has had 2 front and center scenes, which seem unimportant...but I'm just keeping my eye on him. Just kind of jumped out to me.
Hopefully they're finally bringing Willie Lumpkin into the multiverse.
The Debt
I am going to point out that Ghost Rider already exists in Agents of Shield, which is technically MCU. So Mephisto does already have a tie-in to the existing mcu.
C@LAg
The Gollum/Smeagol theory:
Goes down the path that it is "all Wanda."

amercer
AG
Or the Wanda who walked outside the hex with the drone is really Mephisto in disguise!!?!? And it's his home, and he's got everything he wants....

The Dirty Sock
wish they used Sweet Dreams when quicksilver showed up
TexasAggie_02
AG
Here's a crazy theory, what if part of Ultron is still alive? Visions body was supposed to have been ultron's final form. What if this reality is just to buy him time to fix/repair vision for upload?
Capitol Ag
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Here's a crazy theory, what if part of Ultron is still alive? Visions body was supposed to have been ultron's final form. What if this reality is just to buy him time to fix/repair vision for upload?
It's not a bad theory. Wouldn't you still need the mind stone, though?
Capitol Ag
AG
double aught said:

My wife and I did too. We both said "CAP!"
jeffk
AG
Old Cap as a grouchy neighbor would be amazing.
redline248
AG
Yells at her kids for playing on his lawn.
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

Old Cap as a grouchy neighbor would be amazing.
bobinator
AG
this video is really good
bobinator
AG
I think Ultron has to be fully gone, that would be a big take back from the MCU if he wasn't, but there is still some Ultron in Vision. Maybe that's what Wanda is trying to prevent.
amercer
AG
I'd be fine with split personality Wanda, but you'd need a whole episode sort of recaping side by side what we've seen to explain it to the audience. Sort of like episode 4 but from both Wandas point of views.
bobinator
AG
One thing I've been workshopping is a theory that it's not so much that it's a split personality, but that someone is watching the broadcast and holding something over Wanda (which seems weird because the two people she cares about most are already dead... but who knows.)

So maybe it's not a split personality, but 'in character' and 'broken character' and she tries to stay in-character as much as she can but sometimes things get too crazy.

I can't shake how bizarre it is that they mentioned her controlling the actual camera angles on the broadcast. That makes me think that it's all a performance, but she isn't who it's for.
Swarely
Late to the thread, so apologies if these have been discussed. A couple things:

Do we know who Jimmy Woo's person inside is? Since he was in charge of Scott Lang already, would that person be someone special? Like Quicksilver?

The Lagos commercial: wasn't Lagos the place at the start of Civil War? Is the red liquid being cleaned up a symbol of blood on her hands? Or is it a symbol of the red stuff she manifests when casting? Did my junior year English teacher ruin me for symbols because of "The Scarlett Letter"?
I accidentally clicked the signature button.
CowtownAg06
AG
We don't know who Jimmy's looking for yet. Lot's of speculation, but I think it's unlikely we've seen that person, b/c Jimmy would have commenting on it while watching.

Yes the Lagos paper towels were a reference. All of the commercials have a ton of symbolism.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I know he initially said it was a missing person case, but then when Monica and Woo met outside the city limits, he said something to the effect of it wasn't a missing person but a missing town. So does that mean there never was a single FBI inside man, or that there still is someone "special" inside the Hex?
C@LAg
jeffk said:

Yeah, I know he initially said it was a missing person case, but then when Monica and Woo met outside the city limits, he said something to the effect of it wasn't a missing person but a missing town. So does that mean there never was a single FBI inside man, or that there still is someone "special" inside the Hex?
no. his first line was he has a witness set up in Westview, who went missing as of that morning.
jeffk
AG
Cool. So Scott Lang is still in Westview somewhere. Thanks!
bearamedic99
AG
Quicksilver
Quicksilver https://imgur.com/gallery/ivCCk5R
The Debt
Lagos is Wanda throwing an exploding crossbones into a building...causing death....leading to the zekovia accords.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, all of the commercials are traumatic events that Wanda has gone through. That part I'm at least certain of. There's some other symbolism people have pointed out that I feel is kind of a stretch.

The toaster: The Stark bomb that killed her parents
The watch: Strucker, which who experimented on her and her brother with the mind stone
The soap: Hydra and the tesseract (This one is actually less clear to me on a direct reference to a traumatic event for Wanda other than the fact that she was kind of part of Hydra at one point)
Paper towels: Lagos, where she wasn't able to contain that explosion and killed some innocent people
bluefire579
AG
Swarely said:

Did my junior year English teacher ruin me for symbols because of "The Scarlett Letter"?
Ignoring everything else about your post, yes
The Debt
The hydra experiments killed every other specimen except SW and Quicksilver, according to Ultron, and it was their hatred of Stark that made their resolve strong enough to endure.
KCup17
AG
Does anyone else find it weird that Agnes keeps referring to her husband, Ralph, but he hasn't made an appearance?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.