Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,924 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

True, but that's also basically my point. We were led to believe by Feige himself that the Disney+ series are meant to be more than just backstory and lead-in.
To be fair, there are entire movies that did the same. (Hell, there's a few you could throw out completely. Looking at you, Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, Iron Man 2-3...)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Saxsoon
AG
The logic battle was so perfect as a way to resolve that fight
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Average Joe
AG
I enjoyed the episode and the series. It was everything I would have expected in how it progressed the MCU and it made two lessor characters much more known.

Honestly, I think that's the main point of all of these different series. We don't have the heavy hitters in Iron Man, Cap (Steve Rogers), Thor, and Hulk anymore. This is a great way to introduce the lessor known heroes and get the audience to really connect with them.

I think anyone that is disappointed may have hyped themselves up too much or got way into fan theories and "what ifs". We have been talking about the Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange, and big badies for so long that some of you are disappointed your dreams didn't come true. That doesn't mean the show was bad.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Here's what I think about the Vision plot thread:

When he was created, he was created from the Mind Stone. He immediately had some semblance of a personality. He was sentient and somewhat human. Him developing emotions and his feelings for Wanda grew naturally. His memories are full of emotions and love.

This rebuilt Vision has all those memories now........but without the Mind Stone, he doesn't have the emotions to understand them. All of his humanity that he developed over the years are now gone.

At first, I was genuinely confused as to why he just left. Now, I understand that he doesn't know just what he is right now. I am positive we'll see him again, he just needs time to discover himself.

I never really watched Star Trek: TNG, but I'm sure there was an episode where Data had his mind reset and he had to re-learn how to be "Data" again.....
C@LAg
At first, I was genuinely confused as to why he just left.

or... his power was running low and he needed to go find a USB-C cable.
The Dirty Sock
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Where did White Vision go, and will his memories ever fully return?

Apparently he just left to go evaluate his privilege and atone for it
CowtownAg06
AG
It's a solid B+ from me but that grading on the very tough MCU curve. A couple of questions:

What did it mean that Wanda's kids chose her?

Did she unlock the multiverse and that is what Agatha was hinting at? I'd say odds are high we see Kathryn Hahn again the MCU.
Ornithopter
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

It's a solid B+ from me but that grading on the very tough MCU curve. A couple of questions:

Did she unlock the multiverse and that is what Agatha was hinting at? I'd say odds are high we see Kathryn Hahn again the MCU.

I think they absolutely set up seeing Agatha again.
OnlyForNow
AG
So, regarding Ralph/Fierto; are we to assume that not only was Agatha using kind control via the necklace on him, but she also imbued him with super speed power?

I think it's a red herring but it could be that they left that up to be that Ralph has the super speed power naturally and Agatha used him in her game.

Probably not though.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

So if the hex is gone, how is Agatha stuck there? She just put her under a spell and now she has taken over some poor schmucks house?
The hex was for Vision. Everyone else just got caught up in it.
Wanda is more than powerful enough to change reality around Agatha making her the homeowner and to hold her there.
C@LAg

1. I would think she would have first met Dr Strange at Tony's funeral, so at least been aware of him.

2. As for the end, how do we know she was not just using her magic to try and get a cell signal out there in the wilderness.
FincAg
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I've heard other parents say that to their kids.

Agatha says something about a prophecy, so maybe Wanda being self aware she is the Scarlet Witch somehow starts the ball rolling on the destruction of the planet, as foretold in that big black book.
Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
FincAg said:

CowtownAg06 said:

I've heard other parents say that to their kids.

Agatha says something about a prophecy, so maybe Wanda being self aware she is the Scarlet Witch somehow starts the ball rolling on the destruction of the planet, as foretold in that big black book.

And I've got 4 kids.
FincAg
AG
I think my wife has actual said that before. Just a cute way of saying I love you. Kids don't actually choose their parents, clearly, but I don't believe they are some astral souls inhabiting the forms she created, like that video from SC suggests.
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

Yea but it was in an existing home. Unless it was vacant she stole someone's home
town was down on its luck, could have been unoccupied.

regardless, she can rewrite reality so the point is "moo"
texasaggie04
AG
C@LAg said:

third coast.. said:

Yea but it was in an existing home. Unless it was vacant she stole someone's home
town was down on its luck, could have been unoccupied.

regardless, she can rewrite reality so the point is "moo"

I understood from this episode that the house was not unoccupied. It belonged to Fietro. He's actually just a regular guy named Ralph Bohner (Agatha's Ralph).
rhutton125
AG
I quite enjoyed. As others have said, this proved to be much more of an Ant-Man & the Wasp than a Civil War... and that's totally fine. One of the biggest tendencies of the fan base is that we go all Zack Snyder on it and assume "this movie will tie directly into that movie, and this one will have a cliffhanger, and these two will share a villain." All the while we forget that WandaVision is about Wanda and Vision, not Doctor Strange or the X-Men or even the multiverse. It's about grieving and growing. All in all, pretty self-contained.

That said, it might also be like Age of Ultron where we look back and say "this set up Monica Rambeau for CM2, this set up Wanda for Doctor Strange 2, this set up two key parts of the Young Avengers, this brought Vision back" and see 5 pretty big chess pieces coming out of this. Thankfully, Kevin Feige is much better at keeping the stories focused on themselves while creating connective tissue.

I loved:
  • that "Quicksilver" was just some dude. I think we can officially put all versions of Pietro to rest now. Wasted opportunity in the Age of Ultron, for sure, but he's not much of an X-Men mainstay and it's way, way too early to start crossing over characters from that mess of a universe.
  • Vision facing Vision in an intellectual debate. As others have said, White Vision will probably spend some time self-reflecting. In time, he may come back to Wanda and try and restart their relationship from scratch. That's very comics - Vision struggling with internal strife, but eventually coming to a new understanding and acceptance of himself.
  • Wanda finally being A) the Scarlet Witch, and B) finally having a kickass outfit.
  • that there are people out there who have Wanda or Vision as their favorite characters in the MCU. They were shortchange so badly for 6 years, and it's nice for them to finally get attention

I hated:
  • Hayward. Hate is probably a strong word but I think he might be the weakest character in all the Marvel Studios MCU. A weak link in the acting department too. He's as generic a government badguy as you can find. Also he fired a full clip at some kids.

It's funny... you can skip WV and later see a white Vision and say "they must have rebuilt him," and Wanda and say "cool new outfit, I guess she has a codename now" and be totally fine. Just like you were totally fine if you saw Wasp in the Endgame battle if you skipped Ant-Man & the Wasp, or seeing Spider-Man in Infinity War if you'd skipped Homecoming, or Captain Marvel if you'd skipped Captain Marvel.

Outside of Civil War and the 4 Avengers movies, I don't think any of these movies are absolutely required. And that's one reason they make so much money - 23 movies and a TV show in, and they're still very accessible.
C@LAg
texasaggie04 said:

I understood from this episode that the house was not unoccupied. It belonged to Fietro. He's actually just a regular guy named Ralph Bohner (Agatha's Ralph).
well, Wanda did say she was to play the "nosey next-door neighbor" and not the nosey next-next-door neighbor.

(since Agatha/Pietro house was two over from Wanda's.)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Like it more than any marvel tv show not named Daredevil or Punisher.

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I came here to offer my 2 cents, but you covered my pennies and then several more!
amercer
AG
I thought it was great.

Most of the intricate fan theories didn't pan out, but I'm fine with that too. Great (mostly) self contained show.
Post removed:
by user
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Obviously the actor that Paul Bettany was looking forward to work with was Sean Bean. Only person that could give him advice on how to die so many times lol
amercer
AG
So isn't having the same person as quicksilver be just a random slacker, proof that the multiverse exists?

In one universe you're a super fast mutant, and in another you're just a dude named boner.
Ryan34
AG
I thought the way Fietro made fun of his name implied it was made up. I.e. he's Woo's guy. Or at least not Ralph Bohner.
amercer
AG
I would still like confirmation that Vision bought a random lot in New Jersey.

And it would have been interesting to know who the missing person was, but I guess they've got a lot of people in witness protection hidden in rundown Jersey towns.
amercer
AG
Also did we see Woo get captured?

I guess he'll move up to director of Sword now?
rhutton125
AG
I think he was organizing some FBI stuff at the end. Hopefully head of Sword is Brand from the comics, or just make it Fury if he's kinda doing the same stuff. (But he may not be.)
C@LAg
last one:

C@LAg
amercer said:

Also did we see Woo get captured?

I guess he'll move up to director of Sword now?
He is FBI. and a street level grunt. no way he would get an oversight job like that.

SWORD will most likely be Monica in charge. Remember the whole conversation about how she should have had the position but was not there.
Post removed:
by user
imjustsayin
AG
Loved the final episode.

I was surprised at how attached I was to the kids... that final scene of the hex shrinking was SO WELL DONE... it seemed like someone was cutting onions or something. I kept shaking my head (watched it by myself) thinking "how am I THIS attached to these characters?!?!"

Honestly Olsen and even Bettany were absolutely brilliant performers and I thought the show was very well executed front to back.

If this is what I'll get to enjoy with Marvel and Disney +... then sign me up for another 2 year contract!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.