Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,960 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, and Darcy dropping a very Nick Fury-esque "Oh, fu......." when she got enveloped in the hex.....
redline248
AG
If all the sword agents got turned into circus clowns, will Darcy also be circus related?
C@LAg
redline248 said:

If all the sword agents got turned into circus clowns, will Darcy also be circus related?
you know they won't. but wanda has no knowledge of her and should not differentiate how she is treated vs any other SWORD agent.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

you know they won't. but wanda has no knowledge of her and should not differentiate how she is treated vs any other SWORD agent.
Technically Wanda should know all the differences, right? Depending on the range of her mind reading?
C@LAg
redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

Technically Wanda should know all the differences, right? Depending on the range of her mind reading?
wanda does not have telepathy or any sort of mind reading powers in the comics, and nothign on the show seems to indicate she has it here either., so I would not assign her that ability.

yes, she can impose her will on people, but not read their minds.
Mike Elko
AG
awall11 said:

It's about twins of divorced parents. They are separated and don't know it. They meet at camp and switch places pretending to be the other so they can meet the other parent. They end up getting their parents back together.

Idk how to make that fit, but maybe it does
So much for watching Parent Trap tonight. Next time, use the spoiler tags, bro!
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

wanda does not have telepathy or any sort of mind reading powers in the comics, and nothign on the show seems to indicate she has it here either., so I would not assign her that ability.

Except that is exactly what she told Ultron she could do
C@LAg
redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

she can warp reality and make people see their worst fears. That does not mean she knows their mind or those fears. The magic is all done by the person to themselves.
bluefire579
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

awall11 said:

It's about twins of divorced parents. They are separated and don't know it. They meet at camp and switch places pretending to be the other so they can meet the other parent. They end up getting their parents back together.

So much for watching Parent Trap tonight. Next time, use the spoiler tags, bro!
Nothing like getting spoiled on a 23 year old remake of a 60 year old movie
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

she can warp reality and make people see their worst fears. That does not mean she knows their mind or those fears. The magic is all done by the person to themselves.
I'm just saying, Ultron knew she couldn't read his mind bc he was machine, but as soon as she touched Vision's somewhat human body she could read Ultron's plan to wipeout humanity.

Edit: she also told someone she saw Tony's mind or fear
Dr. Teeth
AG
Agnes had to be that far out of town near the edge of the Hex to have a meeting with Hayward, right?

And no way she was under the same spell as the people around her. Those people were practically frozen in place, and she straight asked Vision a question before he "woke" her.

I think Hayward's motivation is a living Vision. It's pretty clear that's what he was trying to do at SWORD, and now he's just trying to use Wanda to bring him back, and is trying to figure out a way to get him out of the Hex without killing him... and he is being used by a more sinister entity to gain control of Wanda and the kids.
rhutton125
AG
Some random thoughts...

1)
Quote:

But the pacing and the storyline outside the hex during the first half was just all sorts of rushed. ... Darcy being able to hack military network security. That part was all a bit eye rolling and cliche, something we have not really had much of in all of the MCU.

Yes. That was kind of painful. Physicists can now hack government agencies in less than 10 seconds? Just lazy writing. Wouldn't be so bad with a line or two, or with a better performance from Darcy, but it seemed like a scene they did in one take.

2) Wanda could "read" Vision's thoughts in Age of Ultron as Ultron was uploading his code into him. I don't know that she's a mind reader, per se, but she's not definitely not a mind reader, if that makes any sense. It's a grey area. Edit: redline beat me to it

3) Agnes did seem fully under the spell like anyone else. If she is Agatha Harkness, maybe she's not villainous..?

4) I don't think SWORD Director Guy is the villain. I think he's sketchy, possibly trying to weaponize Vision or something like that, but I really doubt he had anything to do with the origins of this whole hex.

New theory: whoever is behind the hex (Mephisto, Nightmare, whoever) wants to use Wanda to push the hex globally. Or maybe even across the galaxy. Universe. Whatever. Whoever can control Wanda controls reality within the hex... and if the hex is everywhere, you thereby control all reality.
amercer
AG
Crazy episode.

Need the screencrush video....
Bruce Almighty
AG
The hex stuff is pretty stupid. It reminds me of a 2005-2010 sci-fi channel show like Eureka where super smart people do super smart things that really don't make any sense.
AMW2010
AG
I personally think New Rockstars or the cosmic wonder have better recap videos
C@LAg
but he really does not do recap videos. he covers some of the same ground, but it is more easter eggs and theory instead of dwelling on what happened.

but go ahead and post them if you think they have good content. a lot of people will likely enjoy those videos.
Dro07
AG
I got the ghost rider vibe to where she sold her soul or kids souls to the devil and doesn't remember it so she could have vision back.
redline248
AG
dromo07 said:

I got the ghost rider vibe to where she sold her soul or kids souls to the devil and doesn't remember it so she could have vision back.
If this is the case, how should they handle it? Will y'all be satisfied if they have someone just say, you sold your soul to get vision back? I don't think I'd like that. Maybe an episode like #4 that is set a few days before she breaks into the facility to get his body. If new Pietro goes "surprise, I'm the devil!" I will be underwhelmed.
C@LAg
what if Wanda had accidentally buried Vision in an old Indian graveyard located in Westview?
amercer
AG
I think Heywards big secret is that he's working to understand vision in order to supply weapons to bad aliens..... which would put him on the other side of Fury.

Weird that Quicksilver moves like the MCU one, but has different memories. So I think he still could have been pulled in from the Fox universe. But he's clearly immune to Wandas magic. So that gives off bad guy vibes, except why would the bad guy poke the bear at this point? The plan is working.
redline248
AG
What plan is that?
Quad Dog
AG
I loved all the homeade versions of their classic costumes.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

What plan is that?
secret invasion i assume
texasaggie04
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

I thought they said in this show she's a telepath. Didn't that happen in the scene where Wanda walks outside the hex?
Ornithopter
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

The hex stuff is pretty stupid. It reminds me of a 2005-2010 sci-fi channel show like Eureka where super smart people do super smart things that really don't make any sense.

How dare you disparage Eureka!
TCTTS
AG
Still no recap for episode six yet, but ScreenCrush released this video yesterday, which is super interesting/informative, to the point where they have to be onto something here...

Bruce Almighty
AG
DubFalls said:

Bruce Almighty said:

How dare you disparage Eureka!

I love Eureka, but it's a different type of show.
TCTTS
AG
Haven't watched it yet, but the latest episode is now up...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jinx
awall11 said:

I figured it was more literal. Parent Trap. Vision is a parent here and he is trapped...
amercer
AG
redline248 said:

What plan is that?

The one where she trades her soul to get Vision back and Mephisto steals her mutant kids?

Or pretty much any other evil plan involving Wanda taking over the town. If she was wavering you might expect the bad guy to show up and try to talk her into keeping with the plan, but nothing Peter said seems to fit that mold.

That's why I still like the idea of him being a mildly confused alternate universe version of himself.
C@LAg
Lots of information, but not much insight in that one.

Not his fault, mostly because the show really is not showing much of its cards at this point.

Quad Dog
AG
I have to admit, when they cut to the in-show commercial I did reach for the remote to fast forward.
C@LAg
pavlovian response?

user name checks out?
YellowPot_97
AG
That costume! Her coming down the stairs..... so bouncy!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.