Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,944 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
AggieDub14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ep 1 - Dick Van Dyke/I Love Lucy
Ep 2 - Bewitched/Genie
Ep 3 - Brady Bunch

Ep 5 - Family Ties/Growing Pains (not referenced in ep8)
Ep 6 - Malcolm in the Middle
Ep 7 - Modern Family (not referenced in ep8)

Thought it was cool how they referenced most of these. Gave some explanation for why the sitcom thing existed.

I wish the episode 5 sitcoms were in the suitcase. Malcom in the middle being there is a bit of a plot hole as already mentioned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Random theory: Since we know that Agatha pulled alternate unvierse Pietro into the MCU, could Wanda possibly take her kids into an alternate universe to protect them from SWORD? What if she drops them off at Xavier's school?
Quad Dog
AG
We still have the rumored big cameo at the end. With all the magic flying around, it pretty much has to be Cumberbatch, right? I don't remember Wanda or Vision and Dr. Strange ever interacting before.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
I'm going to use spoilers even though I'm talking out my ass.

They setup a disconnect between Agathas expectations and reality via Agatha trying to talk shop about magic with Wanda. Agatha was going into detail about magical processes like Wanda preventing the bomb going off and Wanda doesn't even realize she's had it in her her while life. To me, that's a classic opening for a mentor montage coming up like Robin Williams and Matt Damon in good will hunting.

I loved the whole "Agatha All Along" sequence but it wasn't some surprise heel turn, it was setup and done in a funny way so we'd still like Agatha if/when she becomes "good" or at the very least a "gray" character.

White Vision is going to be really powerful and he and Hayward are the big bads of the season is my bet with Heyward maybe being actually somebody else (who would know they could repower up vision with an artifact from the hex? Not some government bureaucrat) . White Vision will be looking to kill both Wanda and Agatha. They'll realize they have something in common being witches and plus or minus with photon girl power white vision to smithereens. They'll realize they need each other to become better and more complete versions of themselves. I mean who else is going to get Wanda to actually harness her powers? It doesn't make sense for Agatha to stay bad.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Quad Dog said:

We still have the rumored big cameo at the end. With all the magic flying around, it pretty much has to be Cumberbatch, right? I don't remember Wanda or Vision and Dr. Strange ever interacting before.

Maybe Agatha turns into a cat and the big cameo is ALF showing up and eating her. The series ends with Wanda and Vision cheekily saying "Oh Alf", throwing their heads back abs laughing while it freezes.

<rolls credits>

It would also probably be who Bettany wanted to work with his whole life
Thisguy1
As someone who loves this show but doesn't really follow the comics or backstories of anything, was it a big revelation that Agatha called Wanda the scarlet witch? Why is that significant?

Googling it, it seems as though this was already known, but it seemed like a major revelation in the show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think it was just a cool moment to finally hear her superhero name in the MCU.
Quad Dog
AG
Quad Dog
AG
An old school freeze frame with Agatha walking around unfrozen looking confused and frustrated would be funny.
YouBet
AG
Thisguy1 said:

As someone who loves this show but doesn't really follow the comics or backstories of anything, was it a big revelation that Agatha called Wanda the scarlet witch? Why is that significant?

Googling it, it seems as though this was already known, but it seemed like a major revelation in the show.
As presented in the show, The Scarlet Witch was/is apparently a mythical/legendary/prophesied being that no one had ever really seen. Thus, the significance of the name. I don't recall if that's how it was in the comics.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
YouBet said:

Counter-counter point...

It almost looked like Agatha was wiping away a tear behind Wanda's back after the Avenger HQ scene ended. If so, maybe she has some good in her?
I took it as sarcastic.
C@LAg
Thisguy1 said:

there is no "Scarlet Witch" entity or prophecy or anything like that in the comic.

There is just the character.

it is a nice narrative way, though, to bring her to prominence in the MCU.
Juan Solo
AG
Cool episode, but no Darcy looking thick in the circus costume
MASAXET
AG
Latrobe said:

AMW2010 said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

Having lost both of my grandparents last year this line hit me hard

I might be really dumb, or just really thick... but I don't get why so many people like this line...
People like this line because grief is typically seen as something "negative".

The person grieving the loss of a loved one is typically miserable
Being supportive to a grieving person becomes tiresome
There is really no end or timeline when it comes to grief

So.. when Vision defines grief as a form of love (that is fighting to stay alive), it allows those who have struggled with grief, or struggle with a grieving person, to see it as a positive.

my .02

This, but put a little differently:

Grief is thought of as a negative emotion because it is pain of loss. But, the point is that love is a necessary prerequisite for grief. Without some level of love, there would be no pain associated with the loss. (Ex. some plant that you don't care about at all dies, and you feel no grief at all. Your favorite dog whom you love dies, and there's some level of grief involved). When you think about grief that way, it really is a beautiful thing because it is a very real manifestation of love.
Duncan Idaho
So much about this episode triggered me.

1) the mcu going full tilt into the occult with their efforts to normalize witches and spell casting. Before it was just some silly infinity stone nonsense. Now it is just full blown occult and devil worship.
2)the clear attack on American capitalism and the spreading of peace and freedom through the targeted delivery of American technology to those parts of the world that could benefit the most.
3)don't even get me started on the bad guy being a POC who now identifies as a white man after receiving a motivational shot of energy from a white woman.

Just sickening
Duncan Idaho
AMW2010 said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

Having lost both of my grandparents last year this line hit me hard

I might be really dumb, or just really thick... but I don't get why so many people like this line...

It is like the line from butters in south park

YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

So much about this episode triggered me.

1) the mcu going full tilt into the occult with their efforts to normalize witches and spell casting. Before it was just some silly infinity stone nonsense. Now it is just full blown occult and devil worship.
2)the clear attack on American capitalism and the spreading of peace and freedom through the targeted delivery of American technology to those parts of the world that could benefit the most.
3)don't even get me started on the bad guy being a POC who now identifies as a white man after receiving a motivational shot of energy from a white woman.

Just sickening
I was triggered by Wanda "Karen" Maximoff at SWORD HQ. Walks right up to the counter - "I know he's in there. Let me see him."

Plus, she's a Daywalker to boot. Ginger Karen.
Quad Dog
AG
I'll read this as good satire, but you can never be to sure on this site.
nickstro66
AG
Could the actor Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with be himself? No crazy cameos, just referring to himself the whole time with white vision?
C@LAg
nickstro66 said:

Could the actor Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with be himself? No crazy cameos, just referring to himself the whole time with white vision?
that joke has been made.
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

An actual conversation a friend and I had...

When Wanda and Vision have sex, do you think he is in human form? And if not, does he fashion himself a human *****, a robot *****, or something else entirely?
according to both Twitter artists and DeviantArt, he does but:

and later:

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I've been going back through comic archives the last week. I can see a lot of story elements taken from the rebuilt "white Vision" storyline in West Coast Avengers. He's definitely a Ken doll when he's naked in that.
C@LAg
Harry Lime said:

I've been going back through comic archives the last week. I can see a lot of story elements taken from the rebuilt "white Vision" storyline in West Coast Avengers. He's definitely a Ken doll when he's naked in that.
there are other stories where she explicitly states he is "all man".

As for MCU purposes, if he can create a cape out of thin air he can whip up a Louisville slugger if so inclined.
heddleston
AG
Re: grief, I Just re-started ep6(family ties) and Monica says that it's a feeling of grief that suppresses her will.
Saxsoon
AG
Not sure why my post was reported about you quoting people who may accidentally have the same theory as you without realizing it. Seriously?
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

nickstro66 said:

that joke has been made.

By you
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Drawkcab
How did SWORD even get Vision in the first place? I know Hayward gave that whole speech about how they had the right and even the obligation or something like that to study Vision, but doesn't it seem like the other Avengers would take his body off the battlefield in Wakanda and keep it safe?
ja86
AG
They told Cap that he could have all the time he needed to run his I'm sad group's if he just left vision with capt. Marvel friends lab.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Random theory: Since we know that Agatha pulled alternate unvierse Pietro into the MCU, could Wanda possibly take her kids into an alternate universe to protect them from SWORD? What if she drops them off at Xavier's school?
I don't think we know that she pulled him from an alternate universe. She said she used possession. I theorized that he's Woo's missing person, but he could just be any old schmuck in town over whom Agatha has control.

Why would SWORD be interested in her kids?
OnlyForNow
AG
Some one brought up professor X, earlier.

Any chance Bettany was talking about Patrick Stewart?
Quad Dog
AG
The timeline doesn't line up for Woo's missing person to be Sony X-Mens Pietro. Unless Agatha was hiding him away since episode one.
Gigem314
AG
Sex Panther said:

I think that was hands down one of the best pieces of content Marvel has put out so far. Absolutely fantastic.

The Ghosts of Christmas Past scenes to develop Wanda's backstory and Vision's relationship was just so well done. The emotion conveyed as well as explaining Wanda's motivation and trauma... so good.

And what a homerun of an outside-the-box hire with Kathryn Hahn. She's been awesome.
Well said.

This episode gave so much depth to Wanda's character. They've knocked it out of the park with this series. It's a great way to add character development and fit these side stories into the Marvel universe.

And yes Hahn killed it. She was perfect for that role.

I was beginning to lose some interest in the timeline post-Endgame but now I'm really intrigued with what they're doing to do for Dr. Strange 2 and bringing in Wanda.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We obviously don't know for sure. But if your theory is right, it would just be stunt casting. Do we really think they would tease something that massive and then just have it be a red herring?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Some old images:

fig96
AG
Expected a bit more behind than this (which there may still be). Don't think this was posted yet but apologies if so.

WandaVision: Kevin Feige Reveals Why They Replaced Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver With Evan Peters

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.