Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,943 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
texasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

Expected a bit more behind than this (which there may still be). Don't think this was posted yet but apologies if so.

WandaVision: Kevin Feige Reveals Why They Replaced Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver With Evan Peters

Really starting to think the recast is just more misdirection, which has been a theme of the series ever since woo pulled out his business card.

It would fit the sitcom theme too. When a character is recast in a sitcom, characters just roll with it.
ChimbosAg
AG
texasaggie04 said:

fig96 said:

Expected a bit more behind than this (which there may still be). Don't think this was posted yet but apologies if so.

WandaVision: Kevin Feige Reveals Why They Replaced Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver With Evan Peters

Really starting to think the recast is just more misdirection, which has been a theme of the series ever since woo pulled out his business card.

It would fit the sitcom theme too. When a character is recast in a sitcom, characters just roll with it.

Post removed:
by user
zgood10
AG
third coast.. said:

What was the premise here again? They recast don Cheadles role, correct? I cant for the life if me remember who was in that role before though

Terrence Howard
bluefire579
AG
zgood10 said:

third coast.. said:

What was the premise here again? They recast don Cheadles role, correct? I cant for the life if me remember who was in that role before though

Terrence Howard
AKA the man responsible for this piece of brilliance

rhutton125
AG
This is one of my all-time favorite comic panels. Soon after the pic that was posted earlier, where Ronan (from GotG1) has them captured.

Surely this was some inspiration for the grieving conversation in WandaVision. Pietro has gone missing:

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
bluefire579
AG
Money, I believe
rhutton125
AG
Yep - and Ike Perlmutter, infamous piece of **** former toy executive who had the final say in Marvel Studios until Disney put Feige officially in charge and reporting to the top, said they could replace Howard with Cheadle and "nobody would notice." Yeesh.

Same guy who didn't want RDJ for Civil War because of money, didn't want a Black Panther or Captain Marvel or Black Widow movie because women and minorities don't see movies, etc. A real dumbass!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Saxsoon
AG
third coast.. said:

Why was Cheadle cast and Howard booted? Was it some dramatic thing or Howard was just over it? Cheadle seems so much better for thst role.

He made more money than RDJ in the first movie and got a bit of an ego about it
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
YouBet
AG
Harry Lime said:

Some old images:

Damn, they weren't going to hold back on that kiss. Going at one another with open mouths.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

Why was Cheadle cast and Howard booted? Was it some dramatic thing or Howard was just over it? Cheadle seems so much better for thst role.

He's also legitimately crazy with the arrogance to go with.
Duncan Idaho
Harry Lime said:

Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

He's also legitimately crazy with the arrogance to go with.

Crazy or not. hustle and flow was a great flick with a fantastic soundtrack
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

Personally, neither actor did much for me. But that might be on the character. Always been a bit of a nothing character.
texasaggie04
AG
One last thought on dottie. Probably just a bizarre theory with no chance of being correct.

In the latest episode, I don't see a wedding ring on Phil's hand as he is putting up his music lessons flyer. Might just be obscured by the camera angle though.

Maybe dottie is the missing person that woo is after and the dottie we are seeing is all part of an illusion.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
The actress who plays Dottie was Anya in the old Buffy TVS show.

In case no one mentioned that yet!
AMW2010
AG
My whole thought about the residents of west view. When Wanda is driving into town, we see a lot of people without their spouses and they look really sad/depressed... what if they are dead? And in wandas grief of bringing back Vision, she brought back anyone else's loved one within the Hex.
Dr. Horrible
I was thinking more that it was just a beat down NJ town and then when the hex goes away they get to keep the good parts about the town inside the hex, without all the pain and mind control stuff.
YellowPot_97
AG
I got the vibe that they are setting up Wanda to be the first official mutant in the MCU. Agatha said the stone just intensified what was already there, her mutant powers. That's why she and Pietro were the only volunteers to survive the Hydra experiments, they're mutants.
Ornithopter
AG
That sounds like the saddest town in America.
Farmer1906
AG
I think it's just a depressed town post snap. Sure everyone came back, but it doesn't immediately fix everything. Small towns today look similar when industry moves away.

I think it was on screen crush or a similar youtube video. Vision did not buy that plot of land for Wanda. Someone else make Wanda think that and led her there. Probably Agatha, but I think they would have addressed it. Maybe there is another puppeteer that gets shown in the finale that everyone seems to think.
redline248
AG
The screen crush guy pointed out, and I felt similarly, how weird it was for Hayward to say to Wanda that not everyone has the power to bring a loved one back. Prior to this show, did anyone (outside of comic readers) suspect Wanda had that power based on what we've seen her do in movies?

Farmer1906
AG
We knew she was connected to the mind stone and had the power to destroy it. But changing reality like House of M stuff, I don't think anything has been shown.
YouBet
AG
I think some of y'all are overthinking Westview. Remember that Westview is in New Jersey and that a town's misery index in New Jersey is directly proportional to it's straight line distance to Newark. Thus, determine that distance and you subsequently understand Westview's state of mind.
MASAXET
AG
YouBet said:

I think some of y'all are overthinking Westview. Remember that Westview is in New Jersey and that a town's misery index in New Jersey is directly proportional to it's straight line distance to Newark. Thus, determine that distance and you subsequently understand Westview's state of mind.

Having grown up in NJ, I can't really find any fault in this post
Wheatables02
AG
MASAXET said:

YouBet said:

Having grown up in NJ, I can't really find any fault in this post

Same here but i was in South Jersey so i fared a little better.
Capitol Ag
AG
Another good Easter egg video:

Capitol Ag
AG
Average Joe said:

YouBet said:

rhutton125 said:

I wonder if Agatha will shlorp Wanda's powers away and create her own hex / dream world?
If she were able to get Wanda's powers I'm going to assume world domination would be her goal. Although I don't think Wanda is listed as an Omega level mutant (not sure why), her powers are pretty unprecedented.
I wrote the following before remembering one key point.

*********************************************************************************************************
So, we perceive Agatha as a "bad" only because she opposes the perceived "good" Wanda. Honestly, though, it could go either way based on what we have actually seen.

In the flashbacks she was about to get waxed by her own mother and other witches before figuring out she can turn it against them. Can't blame her for self defense.

Now she's attracted to this town because of all of the magic Wanda is using, and when she starts to investigate she realizes Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. It's obvious that the Scarlet Witch is part of some type of prophecy or lore mechanism, and, by the tone of her voice, the Scarlet Witch isn't typically thought of as Glenda the good witch. I can definitely see her being on the defensive about this mythic, chaos magic wielding witch.

We don't know what she did between these two events, so there is still some stuff to learn about her before making a judgement.

As noted before, Wanda has imprisoned an entire town because she misses her husband. We only think of her as the good guy because she fought with the Avengers. Now, she did this all out of grief/love, so there is a level of understanding, but she isn't completely righteous in all of this.

*********************************************************************************************************

I got to the end and remembered Agatha killed Sparky, and probably to experiment with necromancy. Which is worse.

***** gotta die.

But is Sparky even real? Just like debating whether the kids are just a figment of Wanda's imagination or are real, Sparky could be imaginary anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Based on past experiences, random people will start posting very specific "theories" which will inevitably end up being spot-on.

Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but not gonna risk it. See y'all on Friday!
amercer
AG
After watching captain marvel again yesterday, I'm convinced Heyward is a Kree. Explains his animosity towards super heros in general, and specifically towards CM.

I think he gets injured in the final battle and we get an end credits scene with him wiping away his blue blood.
Dro07
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Based on past experiences, random people will start posting very specific "theories" which will inevitably end up being spot-on.

Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but not gonna risk it. See y'all on Friday!
I agree... All theories should be posted as spoilers until further notice
AggieLitigator
I have no clue how they can wrap this up in 40-42 mins then 8 minutes of credits. There's so much. The only thing I'm convinced of is that the big bad behind Agatha has to be a post credit scene. There's no way to do a big bad justice in just the last episode.
YNWA_AG
AG
The episode is supposed to be around 42 minutes without credits

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.