Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,938 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
alternative take.

Wanda has not "gone crazy through grief over Vision's death".

At the end of Endgame, Wanda was grieving, but not hysterical.

This is/was all a planned effort to rebuild/bring back Vision, that has got out of hand as Wanda bought into the fantasy world and wants it to be real. (so yes, you can technically claim she has gone "mad", but not out of grief.)

In this theory, that would explain why SWORD is involved, since in the MCU their role is to respond and deal with "SENTIENT WEAPONS" (Vision). They were/are there to help monitor the project, resolve the underlying "mystery".

Also why she says "not yet" at the site of the SWORD/AIM(?) agent at the end of episode 2. She is not yet ready for the project to end.

That is not to say that nefarious parties are not also involved.

We know someone is doing stuff to her ("who is doing this to you")

We have hints AIM is involved (the hexagon shapes everywhere). Are they good in the MCU? unknown, but unlikely. They are my guess as to the bad guy. Not some of the guesses such as Mephisto.

We know Agatha is involved. Is she helping or hindering? We do not know, but it is possible she is an unwilling participant based on her reactions this episode and the one in the trailer with her and vision and the car scene. it is possible SW sought out Agatha to help guide her in this process (recreating Vision) and she got stuck in the fantasy as well.

The townspeople are also likely collateral damage that got caught up by accident due to location.

another question not addressed (and maybe never will). Why not ALSO bring back Pietro? She grieved for him as well, and he was all she had for many more years than she has been with Vision.
AliasMan02
AG
Hot take: Pietro shows up at some point.
C@LAg
AliasMan02 said:

Hot take: Pietro shows up at some point.
Yeah, I assume that is already happening.
C@LAg
Another thought.

in the comics, a large part of things that go wrong for Wanda are Doctor Doom's fault.

Even as far back as the House of M. He was responsible for manipulating Wanda causing a cascading series of bad events over 15+ years./

What if this is all a back door way to introduce Doctor Doom, that easily carries over to Dr Strange 2 and eventually FF.

Everyone is expecting his intro to tie directly to the Fantastic Four. But they could be laying the groundwork here.

Doctor Doom is BOTH a man of science AND a man of magic. And his history (with his mother) ties most directly into magic, Mephisto, and other things.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
heddleston said:

That was my assumption but it also looked like she still had a gun drawn on her when it cut to black so I wasn't 100% sure.

I'm guessing that nothing has come out of the town since Wanda turned it into her alternate reality. So when something did finally come out, they treat it as potentially hostile until they've confirmed it isn't.
Thanks and gig'em
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I would love to see dr. Doom introduced as a recurring villain for the MCU.

And to the poster who mentioned AIM - that was actually introduced back in IronMan 3 as Aldrich Killian's company, which was developing a regeneration technology with explosive side effects.

If they bring AIM back, I'd be curious if they tied it back to that or treated it as a new entity.
Thanks and gig'em
C@LAg
Aggie_Journalist said:

I would love to see dr. Doom introduced as a recurring villain for the MCU.

And to the poster who mentioned AIM - that was actually introduced back in IronMan 3 as Aldrich Killian's company, which was developing a regeneration technology with explosive side effects.

If they bring AIM back, I'd be curious if they tied it back to that or treated it as a new entity.
AIM is an offshoot of Hydra.

So both the Strucker watch (the watch commercial) and Hydra soap (other commercial) already lean into that

I fully expect any story with them will tie back to both IM3 and Hydra.
YellowPot_97
AG
Geraldine is a SWORD agent. She knew exactly what her necklace was. She kept trying to change the subject when Wanda wanted to talk about it. And when she got kicked out of the bubble, she looked upset and annoyed. She want to be in there doing her job.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Bones08 said:

Great episode!

So what was the neighbor about to say before Agnes stopped him?

"We're all..."

Dead? Trapped? Not real?
"Here because of you" is my guess. Or trapped here by you? Something to that effect.
Decay
AG
I think the soap commercial is just more of Wanda's subconscious talking. "Make your own world" well thanks don't mind of I do!
C@LAg
Decay said:

I think the soap commercial is just more of Wanda's subconscious talking. "Make your own world" well thanks don't mind of I do!
disagree. i think they are very key to explaining what is going on.
1. Toaster commercial
First is "forget the past, this is your future".

pretty on the nose.

2. Strucker watch commercial, in the episode about "for the children"

both a nod to Wanda's past (with her brother), created by Strucker, and the two newborns to come.

3. Hydra soap - escape to a world all your own, where your problems just float away
again, both points here pretty on the nose

this is all subliminal brainwashing, which is what they used to say commercials were all about

Decay
AG
I just realized she literally made her problem float away
imjustsayin
AG
Bones08 said:

Great episode!

So what was the neighbor about to say before Agnes stopped him?

"We're all..."

Dead? Trapped? Not real?

Herb (neighbor) got as far as "We're all... from" before Agatha said "No" then smiled and rode off on her bike.
Karrde
AG
C@LAg said:

That is not to say that nefarious parties are not also involved.

We know someone is doing stuff to her ("who is doing this to you")

Someone on the other side of the radio thinks this is being inflicted on Wanda, but that doesn't mean that's what is actually happenning.
Quad Dog
AG
Sepinwall had a good point in his review that Vision used Quicksilver's power to go get the doctor rather than any of his own powers. Not sure what that means, but Vision has never really been associated with super running speed.
Post removed:
by user
rynning
AG
So is Wanda aware of what's going on or not? I think she is and is just playing her role, but until what? Is everyone but Vision (the Truman) aware, both good and bad? Obviously time is moving very fast, hence the move from 50s to 60s to 70s, not to mention her pregnancy. Definitely keeps me guessing.
C@LAg
Quad Dog said:

Sepinwall had a good point in his review that Vision used Quicksilver's power to go get the doctor rather than any of his own powers. Not sure what that means, but Vision has never really been associated with super running speed.
they said "almost like flying"

my take is Vision flew, but the doctor perceived it as running real fast to stay in character .
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

We have hints AIM is involved (the hexagon shapes everywhere). Are they good in the MCU? unknown, but unlikely. They are my guess as to the bad guy. Not some of the guesses such as Mephisto.
They were in Iron Man 3. We already know they're not good in the MCU
C@LAg
bluefire579 said:

C@LAg said:

They were in Iron Man 3. We already know they're not good in the MCU
i was unclear in my response.. I was thinking their association with Hydra, not as a standalone operation as previously presented.
C@LAg
Duncan Idaho
This show is great. The sets, the attention to detail (setting aside the racial diversity of the cast for the episodes emulating shows that broadcast in the 50's and 60's), the commercials, all of it.

I was super skeptical when I saw the trailer but I just love this show.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
It's only a matter of time before Dr. Doom is introduced into the MCU.

I've thought that his perfect introduction would be in Black Panther 2. Have him already established as the powerful leader of Latvia and have him make a behind-the-curtain invasion of Wakanda for their vibranium. Actually, with Boseman's untimely passing, this would be a good plotline as Doom would be taking advantage of Wakanda's transition of power to an unproven new Black Panther.

In the MCU, Doom could have made his armor with vibranium and have it be as technologically advanced as Stark's Iron Man suits.
rhutton125
AG
Geraldine comics note: she's Monica Rambeau, the second Captain Marvel, and her original outfit was an afro and very 70s white outfit. Aside from the blue in her clothes, it was looking pretty close.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
That episode sucked. I realize I'm greatly in the minority on this one, but we were bored as hell. And we really enjoyed the first two episodes.

I think this episode was missing the sarcastic comedic elements the first two had with Agnes. No big deal though. We are all-in and moving forward. Definitely feels like a Truman Episode setup.
GreasenUSA
AG
Disney+ Reveals Translation of Wanda's Lullaby

Drawkcab
Wanda said in the first episode that Vision could move at the speed of light.
AMW2010
AG
To all those people that don't like this show... you do know it's like the equivalent of saying I hated the first 20 minutes of endgame... it's a 9 episode show equivalent to a full marvel movie. If someone can't appreciate an episode wait 2 months and watch the whole thing in one sitting.
Capitol Ag
AG
rhutton125 said:

Geraldine comics note: she's Monica Rambeau, the second Captain Marvel, and her original outfit was an afro and very 70s white outfit. Aside from the blue in her clothes, it was looking pretty close.

Also, she's wearing blue to hint at the SHIELD/SWORD connection as in the comics SHIELD wore blue unis.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Disney+ Reveals Translation of Wanda's Lullaby

Quote:

When watching the third episode of WandaVision with Portuguese subtitles, Wanda Maximoff's Sokovian lullaby is actually translated into Portuguese (a treat that viewers watching in English didn't get).
This is why I always try watching each episode of a show or a movie in every available subtitle translation before posting my youtube reviews.
Ornithopter
AG
The song at the end of the episode was "Cheer up Sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean"

I think Nightmare might be involved. What if Nightmare is the goddess within to be freed?
YouBet
AG
AMW2010 said:

To all those people that don't like this show... you do know it's like the equivalent of saying I hated the first 20 minutes of endgame... it's a 9 episode show equivalent to a full marvel movie. If someone can't appreciate an episode wait 2 months and watch the whole thing in one sitting.

Yes, which is what I was kind of saying but maybe poorly.
rhutton125
AG
You know, I can't really stomach watching the Mandalorian week to week. Too little happens, etc. I just have to build up 2 or 3 and then watch them in bulk.

I'm too big a fan of this universe to do it that way but I could see someone having those same problems with WandaVision. I'd recommend hitting a few at a time. Lowers the anticipation a bit, lessens the sting of a boring or unimportant episode, etc.
bearamedic99
AG
DubFalls said:

The song at the end of the episode was "Cheer up Sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean"

I think Nightmare might be involved. What if Nightmare is the goddess within to be freed?

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean is CLEARLY a clue that it isn't even Scarlet Witch but Jean Grey tricked by the Shadow King and controlling the town with telepathy....

Naw, but Nightmare would be cool and help lead into the Dr Strange movie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.