Wandavision Discussion Thread

191,619 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts while rewatching:

1. Hayward has no interest in helping the people of Westview. Hayward was purposefully baiting her to do what she did. He planted the idea of recreating Vision. That is quite a convoluted plot to get her to hex an object just so he can power up White Vision.

2. if we are going with the chaos magic , Wanda could technically recreate Infinity Stones.

3. Agatha mentioned Necromancy. So the dead could be brought back.... sort of.

4. Project Cataract has more of a meaning now we have a White Vision.

5. They really are playing up Agatha as just evil, based on both her actions and the intro.
Question: Was she trying to become a/the Scarlet Witch during that intro sequence, buy destroying the coven?
My comment last week about colors...
If she was originally a blue power witch like the rest of her coven, but was trying to become the Scarlet Witch (red), she was not quite there, hence the purple.
Not what I said last week but it still works.

6. Who put the note about the plot of land in her car seat? Vision had been dead for 5 years, so was it Agatha? Hayworth? I assume Agatha, so she could study Wanda. This is based on her comment about sensing the power in the place below her house.

7. Would have been nice to have a tiny cameo by MCU Pietro in the flashback at Hydra.

8. It is more or less confirmed Wanda had the powers BEFORE Hydra, with her stopping the bomb from detonating. So either we get a Chthon/Mephisto reveal or its the Big M.

9. Wanda recreated Vision. She literally created $3BB of vibranium for her Vision. (remember Hayward mentioned previously they were tracking Vision by his vibranium signature).
Wanda could put Wakanda out of business, or set herself up in a fat crib.

10. Fietro. 'nuff said. A "crystalline possession" (that is how it was spelled in my CC). So he is a real person. May still be the real Peter from the MCU.

11. With no Vision "soul" is White Vision just the original coding - that would be Jarvis, maybe Ultron, or the full matrix with Tony and Bruce. I would think the coding would still exist without the stone, if not the personality.

12. Who was the woman Wanda saw in the Mind Stone? I assume it was herself, in her full get up (cape and headpiece).

13. Shuri did do a full scan of Vision brain back in IW. Wonder if that could be used to recreate his personality in the future, if they do not go with more magical explanations.
C@LAg
So the super awesome person that Paul Bettany has ALWAYS wanted to work with is the esteemed actor Paul Bettany?
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

So the super awesome person that Paul Bettany has ALWAYS wanted to work with is the esteemed actor Paul Bettany?
That would be an incredible troll job by Bettany
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
C@LAg
Saxsoon said:

C@LAg said:

That would be an incredible troll job by Bettany
He continued, "There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together, and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary, and it was just fireworks on set. So I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."

I hope no one told him to go f*** himself.
Saxsoon
AG
That episode, was perfect.

Opening in Salem was a bit of a WTF but goes to show that Agatha ain't no joke and then to turn around to show how she marvels at Wanda's powers

I love the recontextualization of Wanda already having powers and her tampering with the bomb. She is just supercharged by the infinity stone. This leaves room for a secret race of mutants now that have been quiet in the MCU (or her creating more like her). Did she give Pietro his powers?

The scene at the Avengers complex was just beautiful

Did not expect such a nuanced take of grief and trauma from Marvel but hot damn. ""What is grief, if not love persevering?"? Whoever wrote that ****ing line deserves an Emmy

Someone out there has spoilers because I did read about White Vision yesterday and about the boys being held hostage so if you are really adverse to that, be careful

So Scarlet Witch sounds like a prophecy of some sorts. We saw an outline of her comic book form when she touched the mind stone which is VERY interesting.

Wish we had more on Pietro, we got some teases but did confirm it is not his body. But also confirmed he is his own person who was puppeted by Agatha.
Saxsoon
AG
The note from V about westview seems super sus.
AMW2010
AG
Apparently there's 2 episodes left
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
AMW2010 said:

Nope, next week is the final episode. And then they are releasing a behind the scenes special the following week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AMW2010
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

AMW2010 said:

Nope, next week is the final episode. And then they are releasing a behind the scenes special the following week.

Time will tell..
wangus12
AG
They really need to switch to releasing the show at midnight ET.
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
Anyone else disappointed in this episode?

It doesnt even make sense from Agatha's POV. She has Wanda completely bound and helpless unable to use her magic, taking her through her past. Then when agatha figures out shes the scarlet witch, agatha releases her. (Stupid mistake #1)
Then agatha threatens wanda with losing two more loved ones (stupid mistake #2, especially if you already know Wanda's power range). Then she reveals to Wanda her magical identity (stupid mistake #3). Its like Agatha wants to be beaten.

A rational villian would think "gee I have the scarlet witch under my control, let's keep her locked up" or "now that I know she is beyond my control, I shouldn't antagonize her by choking her kids" or "I know something she doesnt, and the longer she is oblivious the better for me."

Wtf is this writing?!?

This is like Kung Pao: Enter the Fist where they taught the idiot that getting hit means he won the exhibition.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought the episode was ok. I expected more, truth be told.
AMW2010
AG
****.... I stumbled on a comment... and if it holds true for the last episode... then WOAH!!
redline248
AG
When Wanda sees the silhouette of Scarlet Witch in the mind stone, I got a serious Phoenix power vibe. Doubt that will be the case.
redline248
AG
Ok, so now that we have an actual witch in the MCU I'm curious how it fits in with what we've learned about magic from other movies. In Thor (maybe Thor 2), he says it's just basically science, and then there's the dimensional stuff Dr. Strange uses. Thor even asks him "so earth has wizards, now?"

Possible that Agatha's line of witches have kept things a secret for so long?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Or 8 pm ET. Throwback to primetime sitcoms.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Harry Lime said:

Everyone be sure to watch that mid-credits scene and tell me what the hell is going on.

If I understand correctly, the security camera footage we saw earlier in the season of Wanda stealing Vision must have been doctored? I assume to cast her as more of a threat? And instead, S.W.O.R.D. continued their work on Vision and have finally brought him back "online"? Will be interesting to see which version of Vision we get now, sans the Mind Stone. My guess is he's more of an inhuman weapon now. That said, maybe Wanda's version merges with this new version by the end of the finale to form some kind of new/good Vision that can once again exist in the real world.
I don't think it's doctored. It just shows her forcing open the door (which she did) and blowing out the glass window (which she did) and floating down into the room (which she did). Hayward just embellished the rest.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think its likely she is trying to draw out the Scarlet Witch to drain her powers, like she did with the witches in the beginning. Especially because it seems certain that she isn't fully aware of all her capabilities and the fundamentals of her powers.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The whole season has been just ok. There's been a couple good episodes but I think we're far enough in that the show is what it is. It's an average MCU show.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
veryfuller said:

I think its likely she is trying to draw out the Scarlet Witch to drain her powers, like she did with the witches in the beginning. Especially because it seems certain that she isn't fully aware of all her capabilities and the fundamentals of her powers.

Oh. Oh this theory I like. It's not just a reference to the witches in Salem but also the commercial of the boy decaying on the island while trying to eat a magic snack (something like that).

Wanda + Rambeau vs Agatha and vision vs white vision makes sense now. I wonder what happens to the kids.
Thanks and gig'em
fig96
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

Harry Lime said:

Everyone be sure to watch that mid-credits scene and tell me what the hell is going on.

If I understand correctly, the security camera footage we saw earlier in the season of Wanda stealing Vision must have been doctored? I assume to cast her as more of a threat? And instead, S.W.O.R.D. continued their work on Vision and have finally brought him back "online"? Will be interesting to see which version of Vision we get now, sans the Mind Stone. My guess is he's more of an inhuman weapon now. That said, maybe Wanda's version merges with this new version by the end of the finale to form some kind of new/good Vision that can once again exist in the real world.
I don't think it's doctored. It just shows her forcing open the door (which she did) and blowing out the glass window (which she did) and floating down into the room (which she did). Hayward just embellished the rest.
Would have to go back and watch the footage he showed them again, but I had that thought too. You can do a lot with selective editing and telling someone what they're watching.
fig96
AG
Was chatting with my wife a bit about a few videos she's watched, in particular talking about the book and some possible connections that has to other MCU properties.

Calling my shot for the big cameo (which is probably completely wrong): Mahershala Ali shows up as Blade
C@LAg
AMW2010 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

AMW2010 said:

Time will tell..
they already announced this, so not sure what there is for time to tell.
C@LAg
veryfuller said:

she was very aware of her capabilities. She had been studying dark magic, and that is why they had sentenced her to death.

it just turns out she was way more powerful than them.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Or 8 pm ET. Throwback to primetime sitcoms.
The same way movies started being released at midnight on Fridays and then that morphed into 7pm on Thursdays.....
YNWA_AG
AG
C@LAg said:

AMW2010 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

AMW2010 said:

Time will tell..
they already announced this, so not sure what there is for time to tell.

I don't think there will be a secret 10th episode, but this weird calendar date during the 7th episode makes me think it's possible. March 10th 2023 lines up with that date in the current marvel timeline.. They have a week before falcon and winter soldier so I wouldn't be shocked, but I doubt it.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

she was very aware of her capabilities. She had been studying dark magic, and that is why they had sentenced her to death.
btw, it looked like there were 7 of them. I haven't rewatched, but I thought Agatha called the old one "Mother," so it wouldn't be the Salem Seven from the comics, but perhaps some sort of homage in the adaptation?
C@LAg
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

btw, it looked like there were 7 of them. I haven't rewatched, but I thought Agatha called the old one "Mother," so it wouldn't be the Salem Seven from the comics, but perhaps some sort of homage in the adaptation?
Agatha was the Salem Seven's grandmother, so most definitely not them.
MASAXET
AG
C@LAg said:

Thoughts while rewatching:

1. Hayward has no interest in helping the people of Westview. Hayward was purposefully baiting her to do what she did. He planted the idea of recreating Vision. That is quite a convoluted plot to get her to hex an object just so he can power up White Vision.

2. if we are going with the chaos magic , Wanda could technically recreate Infinity Stones.

3. Agatha mentioned Necromancy. So the dead could be brought back.... sort of.

4. Project Cataract has more of a meaning now we have a White Vision.

5. They really are playing up Agatha as just evil, based on both her actions and the intro.
Question: Was she trying to become a/the Scarlet Witch during that intro sequence, buy destroying the coven?
My comment last week about colors...
If she was originally a blue power witch like the rest of her coven, but was trying to become the Scarlet Witch (red), she was not quite there, hence the purple.
Not what I said last week but it still works.

6. Who put the note about the plot of land in her car seat? Vision had been dead for 5 years, so was it Agatha? Hayworth? I assume Agatha, so she could study Wanda. This is based on her comment about sensing the power in the place below her house.

7. Would have been nice to have a tiny cameo by MCU Pietro in the flashback at Hydra.

8. It is more or less confirmed Wanda had the powers BEFORE Hydra, with her stopping the bomb from detonating. So either we get a Chthon/Mephisto reveal or its the Big M.

9. Wanda recreated Vision. She literally created $3BB of vibranium for her Vision. (remember Hayward mentioned previously they were tracking Vision by his vibranium signature).
Wanda could put Wakanda out of business, or set herself up in a fat crib.

10. Fietro. 'nuff said. A "crystalline possession" (that is how it was spelled in my CC). So he is a real person. May still be the real Peter from the MCU.

11. With no Vision "soul" is White Vision just the original coding - that would be Jarvis, maybe Ultron, or the full matrix with Tony and Bruce. I would think the coding would still exist without the stone, if not the personality.

12. Who was the woman Wanda saw in the Mind Stone? I assume it was herself, in her full get up (cape and headpiece).

13. Shuri did do a full scan of Vision brain back in IW. Wonder if that could be used to recreate his personality in the future, if they do not go with more magical explanations.

Re: the last part of #6, I see your point but think the comment may be more ambiguous. Agatha said something to the effect of "when I sensed this place with so many spells cast all at once", I'm not sure if she was talking about the ruins or west view as a whole. If the former, I could see Agatha putting the things in motion for Wanda to start the hex at this location. But if the latter, could it be that Agatha actually had nothing to do with how this all started but sensed the hex Wanda created after it all began? Then Agatha came along and started her own manipulations in an effort to figure out what Wanda was all about.

ETA: I'm also not 100% sold on someone else put the envelope there (although I lean that way). The way it was shot could be she had that envelope before going SWORD. She gets in the car, sees it, doesn't necessarily act shocked to see something in her car, and then starts driving away without looking at what's inside. Maybe she had it all along and it's not a plant?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I get how that sentence was confusing. Wanda isn't fully aware of her powers as the Scarlet Witch yet, so Agatha is trying to draw out the Scarlet Witch in attempt to syphon them away before Wanda is fully aware and capable of controlling the Scarlet Witch powers. At least, thats my running theory. I doubt she is causing a confrontation for no other reason than to fight. That would be terrible writing, but I think it's clear that Agatha has some other plan.
The Debt
veryfuller said:

if you are trying to harness nuclear power you dont take out the safety rods.

The best marvel films/tv have been where the villains are effective foils for the protagonists. Nothing about Agatha's actions make sense once she discovered the chaos magic in Wanda. She went from diabolical to bumbling fool in the span of 40secs.

Wanda went from "caught in a web" to "free and ready to confront Agatha" instantaneously and no one has a problem with this?

Think of it this way, the purpose of the room and the runes are merely a plot device to set up their "christmas carol" journey to wanda's history. But they created story tension by making Wanda powerless, then she just has it back. ...because Agatha needs to risk Wanda, who already exhibits power greater than her own, to become a god-tier character because that's when Agatha is most likely to succeed.

It doesn't make sense!

Fk it. Yall just keep eating whatever slop they throw in your trough.
TCTTS
AG
Maybe wait a week and see how this all plays out first before accusing the rest of us "eating slop." Good Lord.

TexAgs is never not ground zero for people overreacting to a plot point before seeing it fully play out, only to have it be revealed that the creators knew what they were doing all along. I'm not saying that's the case here, but either way... chill.
MASAXET
AG
TCTTS said:

Maybe wait a week and see how this all plays out first before accusing the rest of us "eating slop." Good Lord.

TexAgs is never not ground zero for people overreacting to a plot point before seeing it fully play out, only to have it be revealed that the creators knew what they were doing all along. I'm not saying that's the case here, but either way... chill.
this. Such irrational hatred for an incomplete story

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.