Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,925 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why does anyone think Wanda is out of the basement?

The scene at the end on the "street" had no other westview residents around.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

Turns out the mailman was just a pizza guy or something. By the way, interesting comment from Fietro about everyone getting better jobs. Westview looked like a dump before Wanda showed up.

As to selfish reasons... I agree keeping it going all along was selfish, but I think creating it all in the first place was an accident.
IMO, seems pretty intentional. She specifically created it to mimic the older happier sitcoms that she enjoyed as a child.
the problem was that time keep shifting forward... maybe a reflection of her guilt or something.
C@LAg
amercer said:

it could go either way, as she left the studio basement out an industrial door vs the house door.
amercer
AG
My prediction is the two visions merge and it destroys both.
MASAXET
AG
Average Joe said:

C@LAg said:

Average Joe said:

texasaggie04 said:

Regarding the envelope, I think it's possible that they had already picked out that plot of land together. Maybe Wanda was drawn to it due to the magic but just didn't know why.

Or Agatha just planted that to get her to go to the town. Both are possible.
I thought Agatha said she came to the town because of Wanda's power. She felt it and wanted to see what was creating that much magic.
So...

1. Wanda IS a bad guy as far as enslaving the town of West View is concerned. She created the hex and enslaved West View for purely selfish purposes.

2. Agatha took advantage of this for her own purposes - likely to take Wanda's powers
a. because she is evil and wants power
b. because there is another Big Bad
1. that she is serving
or
2. and she needs enough power to defeat/escape from

3. Hayward is
a. a cliche overly ambitious human general willing to do anything to "get his weapon"
b. a good guy general wanting a weapon as he knows about Skrulls and the Secret Invasion
c. a Skrull wanting a weapon for the Secret Invasion

I agree with all of the above. My comment was more along the lines of that I don't think Agatha is responsible for the map. I think she only became interested in Wanda once she felt the power of the hex.

To me, this entire episode basically told us that there is no big baddie in the background pulling strings. I think we are very much looking at an opportunistic Agatha and a poor man's General Ross.

For a limit run of episodes, I'm ok with this. We didn't get much closure on Wanda/Vision after IW. If this ends with us not having a Thanos/Galactus/dormammu pulling strings in the background then I would not be disappointed. There is plenty of conflict to deal with already in this series.

I also want to add that this series has done an absolutely amazing job with character growth and pacing. It didn't seem like it after the first couple of episodes, but makes a ton of sense now.

Agree with opportunistic Agatha but there is still room for her being opportunistic for a particular reason. By that I mean she is so intent on learning how Wanda did this because she needs in regards to someone else lurking in the shadows (basically the 2.b outlined in the first post)
amercer
AG
Also the did play up the Agatha as a teacher angle. So she could have set out to investigate Wanda (and possibly steal her powers), but instead became her mentor.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think Dottie is just another trapped villager. The "key to everything" was just to set stakes for the lunch they were going to. We've hardly seen anything of her since then, so it would be pretty out of the blue if she was important now.

I'll be more frustrated if there's no significance to casting Fox quicksilver as the a recast MCU quicksilver. That really deserves a payoff of some sort.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

100%. Made a similar prediction last night.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I get that it was all in service of that particular moment, it just felt like it was double speak for something bigger as well. But I agree that at this point it's probably too late to pay off in any meaningful way.
C@LAg
Theory:

Dottie is Woo's informant. Woo used "guy" as a misdirect.
That is why there is no detail of a person like that from Westview as she is in witness protection.

I am just basing that on Emma Cauffield had claimed at one point she was supposed to be in 4 episodes. But has only been in 2 (?) to date?

oh and she has claimed that when she was cast, this particular role had to have Fiege's approval.
amercer
AG
Rewatching now. Man when she drives into Westview it's a ****ty super depressing place.
texasaggie04
AG
Regarding Dottie, I don't think she is/was on the SWORD big board early in the season. Perhaps just misdirection though.

And the mailman was wearing clothing last episode reminiscent of Agatha. I can't remember what. A bunny on his shirt and something else...?
TCTTS
AG
My guess is that's mainly due to the snap. I imagine a lot of towns and cities look like that now, even five years after the fact.
amercer
AG
C@LAg said:

amercer said:

it could go either way, as she left the studio basement out an industrial door vs the house door.

Aspect ratio stays "real" when they are on the "street"
YNWA_AG
AG
C@LAg said:

texasaggie04 said:

And I still don't know what's up with Dottie or the mailman!
mailman was just a regular person in the "before" clip when Wanda drove into town, wasn't he?

Dottie is still an unknown.

I like the theory that Dottie is arcana Jones because she has yellow roses in her yard. Agatha has purple roses in her yard and Wanda had red.
texasaggie04
AG
C@LAg said:

Theory:

Dottie is Woo's informant. Woo used "guy" as a misdirect.
That is why there is no detail of a person like that from Westview as she is in witness protection.

I am just basing that on Emma Cauffield had claimed at one point she was supposed to be in 4 episodes. But has only been in 2 (?) to date?

oh and she has claimed that when she was cast, this particular role had to have Fiege's approval.

She's been in 3 so far, I think. The magic show episode, the episode where Wanda has the kids (she asks if the earrings make her look fat), and then gardening in episode 7 when Wanda and Monica square off.
amercer
AG
So if there is a full magic throw down in the last episode I suppose that gets Dr Strange attention.

Not much moved this week on the idea of a the nexus or the multiverse.
C@LAg

yeah, I have read that one.

given that they did not originate in the 616 universe, and are not analogues of such from the 616 universe, i do not think they would go that route bringing in a whole other team that is essentially another Avengers.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

amercer said:

agreed most likely outcome..

but i could also see Fision (fake HexVision) that has Visions personality being destroyed and Wision (White Vision, but real Vision's body) carrying over and eventually having his memories restored.
C@LAg
Someone pointed out that Wanda's dad had Malcolm in the Middle DVDs .

Malcolm in the Middle did not air until Spring 2000. No way DVDs for that show were out until at least 2001 if not later.

Wanda was 10 when her parents died (born early 1989) They would have died in 1999. So he had DVDs before the show even aired.
amercer
AG
My roommate at A&M used to come back from Asia with some crazy pirated DVDs in the late 90s so you never know.
amercer
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

amercer said:

agreed most likely outcome..

but i could also see Fision (fake HexVision) that has Visions personality being destroyed and Wision (White Vision, but real Vision's body) carrying over and eventually having his memories restored.

Fision was clearly created with some mind stone power from Wanda, so it's possible they merge into real vision, but since we don't expect him moving forward in the MCU that seems unlikely.
C@LAg
amercer said:

My roommate at A&M used to come back from Asia with some crazy pirated DVDs in the late 90s so you never know.
the point is the DVDs existed before the show even aired. so nothing to pirate at that point.
C@LAg
amercer said:

Fision was clearly created with some mind stone power from Wanda, so it's possible they merge into real vision, but since we don't expect him moving forward in the MCU that seems unlikely.
we will see. He is easily a character that can be evergreen, even as Paul Bettany ages.
and it does tie into Vision coming back in several different storylines.
amercer
AG
Wanda editing the hydra tapes was a nice touch.
amercer
AG
Also, powering up Vision from a little residual magic on the drone implies that he would have a lot of power inside the actual hex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
amercer said:

Very Neo/Smith.

Personally I predict that happening except it allows Vision to actually leave the hex.
C@LAg
from reddit

C@LAg
amercer said:

So if there is a full magic throw down in the last episode I suppose that gets Dr Strange attention.

Not much moved this week on the idea of a the nexus or the multiverse.
at this point those are likely story seeds for Sm3 and DS2.

i think we are just getting a 3-way rock-end sock-em magic and robots battle royale.
amercer
AG
Doesn't seem like those runtime predictions were right, unless next week's is 90 minutes. (Or maybe there is a secret episode)
redline248
AG
Is anyone else beginning to think marvel is pulling a mysterio on us and the multiverse won't be a real thing?
C@LAg
no. this is just part 1 of an extended related storyline.
C@LAg
amercer said:

Doesn't seem like those runtime predictions were right, unless next week's is 90 minutes. (Or maybe there is a secret episode)
obligatory:
7 minutes of recap
1 minute of intro
37 minutes of episode
44 minutes of end credits
1 minute of mid-credits scene

then 10 months of waiting for some slivers of the next part of the story. assuming the movie is not pushed back.
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

Malcolm in the Middle did not air until Spring 2000. No way DVDs for that show were out until at least 2001 if not later.

Wanda was 10 when her parents died (born early 1989) They would have died in 1999. So he had DVDs before the show even aired.

She was in the Avengers facility when watching that in the 2010s
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
C@LAg
Saxsoon said:

C@LAg said:

She was in the Avengers facility when watching that in the 2010s
When her dad, back in 1999 brought home the suitcase with DVDs in it, it had Malcom in the Middle in it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.