Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,957 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So is the basement the nexus, it would make sense if Agatha pulled pietro from the fox reality there
The Debt
Brock Sampson said:

Also pretty hilarious that she turned the government agency into a circus. Great symbolism there

There is one MCU villain that is fond of circuses, games, and alternate realities: Arcade. He traps heroes and villains into his realities all the time.

We have gone from "who is doing this to wanda" to "it's all wanda" to "its agatha and wanda" back to "who is doing this wanda"
The Debt
YNWA_AG said:

So is the basement the nexus, it would make sense if Agatha pulled pietro from the fox reality there
hell, agatha herself may be from the fox reality.
Sex Panther
AG
Agatha All Along is already the song of the year
PatAg
AG
There was some great/interesting stuff in the episode, but I also felt like fast forwarding half of it.
C@LAg
so there is a 4chan or 8chan leaker who has been spot on with episode reveals the last 3 episodes, so that person's credibility has been more or less established very soundly.

So before they do next week's leak, I am going to make my guesses for where things go. This is just me calling my shots through the end of the series.

Note: There are NO KNOWN spoilers in here, but are just my guesses based on marvel comics history.

1. Agatha is a baddie, but not by choice. She is helping the Big Bad under duress or with the intent to try to circumvent them from coming back to our dimension.
2. Big Bad will be either Mephisto or Chthon
3. The magic book is likely the Darkhold, but may also be the Necronomicon, and will be the main tool. (yes, thank you Captain Obvious)
The Darkhold's powers include:
- Summoning Chthon and other elder gods
- Controlling the will of others
- Conjuring Darkforce

Darkforce is a negative energy that is the counterpoint to Lightforce,
It is my guess because of this and the associated dimension, that is why we have Monica Rambeau in this story, as her powers are all light/energy based.

4. Next episode is the Agatha origin story via flashbacks and we get an idea of the Big Bad, maybe a reveal at the end
5. The boys are gone for good as far as this series is concerned. They or images of them will be used to torment/taunt Wanda, but they will not saved before the series ends. That will happen in Dr Strange 2.
Due to 5 above, I do not consider Wanda having gone anywhere "mad" up to this point. She is selfish and acting criminal, but it is mostly intentional in spite of Agatha directing her all along.
When she realizes the kids are gone for "good" as the Big Bad uses them, that drives her to "madness".
6. As for the "big cameo" I am sticking with the obvious Reed Richards but am holding out for it still being an MCU-version Magento appearance.

C@LAg
and just throwing this in from my copy of Darkhold #7:
includes Dr Strange, Wanda, Agatha. the black woman is not Monica, just FYI.

bobinator
AG
C@LAg said:

third coast.. said:

Agatha is insanely powerful if her spell can control all of the people like that. Also, why were the people on the outskirts of town all basically frozen but the clowns who are definitely on the outskirts not frozen still.
plot force.

or, you could say the other townspeople have been caught up in the hex for a full week and had time to be slowed down as they were determined to be irrelevant, while the circus people have only been in few a few hours.
I'd propose that the explanation here, to use a Westworld analogy, is that the people more or less have set 'loops' that they all run on, but for Halloween Wanda/Agnes/Whoever didn't have the time or power or whatever to rewrite all new loops for just one event so only the people near the action had been rewritten.

But the circus people are new and on their base "loops."

The Debt
C@LAg said:

and just throwing this in from my copy of Darkhold #7:
includes Dr Strange, Wanda, Agatha. the black woman is not Monica, just FYI.

TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

Agatha All Along is already the song of the year

PatAg
AG
It definitely sounded like her voice in at least part of the song, which is always a nice touch.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Was Agatha ever really evil or wicked in the comics?
Sex Panther
AG
PatAg said:

It definitely sounded like her voice in at least part of the song, which is always a nice touch.

Confirmed, it was indeed Kathryn Hahn singing
C@LAg
Harry Lime said:

Was Agatha ever really evil or wicked in the comics?

Sometimes... But not most of the time
johncAG
AG
Based on how Marvel usually works, I am thinking that Agatha is the "bad" of the show until it is revealed in the last episode that she was being controlled/threatened to carry out these tasks for whoever the bad of the Doctor Strange movie is. Perfect synergy for Disney to get people primed for the sequel but also keep the possibility of using Kathryn Hahn more down the road as a "morally gray" character.
Albatross Necklace
Paul Bettany's said that he was excited about a cameo that he's wanted to work with for a long time but never had the chance.

Back in 2008, Bettany's wife Jennifer Connelly worked with Keanu in Day the Earth Stood Still. However, Bettany and Keanu have never been in a movie or show together.

It's Keanu Reeves as Mephisto/Ralph.

After Endgame, the story is over. The big names are done. Interest in the MCU is the lowest its been in the last decade. Feige needs someone to get audience's attention, and there are few actors hotter than Keanu these days.

Introduce Keanu as Mephisto in Wandavision let him serve as the Thanos type big bad throughout all of Phase 4.
Post removed:
by user
Drawkcab
Ralph Macchio Is Ralph.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I really liked this weeks episode.

1) That office remix intro
2) Wanda did a great Clair Dunphy impersonation
3) Vision being fed up with Wandas shenanigans, leaving his interview
4) Agatha all along song
5) Finally a credit scene
6) I killed sparky
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

After Endgame, the story is over. The big names are done. Interest in the MCU is the lowest its been in the last decade. Feige needs someone to get audience's attention, and there are few actors hotter than Keanu these days.
Yeah, that's not an entirely accurate statement, especially considering the enormous popularity of Wandavision right now and the circumstances the entertainment industry is still reeling from.

There hasn't been an MCU release since Spider-Man: Far from Home back in 2019 because of the pandemic. We are almost one year since Black Widow was supposed to be released, Morbius was a summer of 2020 release and the Eternals was supposed to be in November of 2020. We should have been gearing up for Shang Chi this summer and the next Spider-Man in December.

So yes, your statement is technically correct that interest is the lowest in a decade. But that's because (before Wandavision) we are going on 20 months since the last MCU offering.
DallasTeleAg
Umm... I guess i'm the first to mention this; but is it just me, or is "just out of bed in pajamas and a robe" the sexiest Wanda has been in this series?

wangus12
AG
bobinator
AG
Is Keanu even a hot actor? Has he been in anything other than a video game and John Wick movies lately?
Bruce Almighty
AG
bobinator said:

Is Keanu even a hot actor? Has he been in anything other than a video game and John Wick movies lately?

Bill and Ted and Toy Story 4. New Matrix coming out this year.
bobinator
AG
Not sure that counts for "hot actor" territory though right?
wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

Not sure that counts for "hot actor" territory though right?

Regardless, he is a huge name in pop culture
bobinator
AG
Yeah I guess I just think there are quite a few people still in this franchise that I'd say are needle movers. I don't think "all the big names are gone."

Put another way, I don't think Keanu would move the needle any more than someone like Bale who we already know is coming to the MCU also.
Albatross Necklace
Besides, who wouldn't want to watch Keanu play the Devil?
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'd rather see Keanu as Moon Knight or Silver Surfer.
Ryan34
AG
Keanu has been rumored for Ghost Rider (he owns a motorcycle company) and Kraven the Hunter (Spiderman).
C@LAg
Albatross Necklace said:

Besides, who wouldn't want to watch Keanu play the Devil?
in this particular case.

me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

There needs to be a downvote button.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Umm... I guess i'm the first to mention this; but is it just me, or is "just out of bed in pajamas and a robe" the sexiest Wanda has been in this series?

+1
Ryan34
AG
Two characters I'm not sure what to make of: Dottie and the postman.

Sword couldn't identify Dottie earlier, and Agnes made a comment that Dottie was the key to everything in that town. Some internet rumors are she could be Emma Frost. Maybe Arcanna (I don't read the comics, so no idea how that fits) or even Mephisto.

The postman just seems to know too much and pop up at weird times. In episode 7, he's wearing a hat with a rabbit on it and "Presto" on his shirt. The rabbit's name is Senor Scratchy. Nicolas Scratch? Or, probably more likely, an annoying headfake.
bobinator
AG
For what it's worth I'm not saying it wouldn't be awesome, it would be. I'm just disagreeing that a) all the big names are gone from the MCU and b) Keanu appearing would somehow reignite a dormant fanbase.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.