Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,914 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am not expecting any wild cameos, but if there's one, I'm sticking with Magneto.

As long as the answer "why that property" I'm going to be satisfied though, this has been a great season.

Did Vision actually buy it? Why that property? What happened to the house that used to be there? Etc. I would like at least some attempt at answering this.
YouBet
AG
AMW2010 said:

Damn... my fingers really need to hit the right keys more often, and auto correct just takes over! My bad.

I believe it was Paul Bethany said in an interview that they used more CGI in the last episode of wandavision than they did during the entire final battle in avengers:Endgame. I am going to call BS on that. I can't imagine this last episode is jam packed with that much CGI.

However, that would explain the overly long credits for this show.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Just rewatched Age of Ultron for the first time since the theater, to prep for tomorrow's finale, and it was honestly... damn good? I guess I get why it got a bad wrap at the time, but I thought it was actually pretty fun, featured some great action, with some phenomenal lines and call backs. Really great thematic elements too. Sure, it almost feels quaint now, but it's still impressive as hell. Would recommend giving it a another chance for those who haven't yet.
Agreed, I put it on last week and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. In particular the scene in the salvage yard/Klaw's HQ was more fun than I remembered, lots of great little moments in there.
Quad Dog
AG
Inside the MCU/Disney+ having Dr Strange show up doesn't compare to Luke Skywalker.
But outside of MCU, having Benedict Cumberbatch show up in a Disney+ show is much bigger than Mark Hamill showing up. No offense to Hamill, but Cumberbatch is a much bigger international star.
Capitol Ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sounds like a misdirection.
I won't believe anything as you could be right. At this point, with so many Easter eggs to guess about, I'm just going to go in expecting everything and nothing at the same time. I honestly just want a good and compelling, well written and acted show to entertain me until the next installment of the MCU in 2 weeks with Falcon and Winter Soldier.
Capitol Ag
AG
Quad Dog said:

Inside the MCU/Disney+ having Dr Strange show up doesn't compare to Luke Skywalker.
But outside of MCU, having Benedict Cumberbatch show up in a Disney+ show is much bigger than Mark Hamill showing up. No offense to Hamill, but Cumberbatch is a much bigger international star.
What about Luke taking Grogu to Dr. Strange?

Or Luke showing up in Westview to help train Wanda!
Malachi Constant
AG
bobinator said:

I am not expecting any wild cameos, but if there's one, I'm sticking with Magneto.

As long as the answer "why that property" I'm going to be satisfied though, this has been a great season.

Did Vision actually buy it? Why that property? What happened to the house that used to be there? Etc. I would like at least some attempt at answering this.
As cool as Michael Fassbender showing up would be, we already saw Wanda's dad from Sokovia.
Farmer1906
AG
Wheatables02
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sure. Let me just find 27 hours in the next 18 to watch all that.
bobinator
AG
He wouldn't be Wanda's father, he would be fake Pietro's.

(It's not going to happen, I'm just saying, if it happens, this is still my pick.)

veryfuller
Staff
AG
bobinator
AG
I've decided I really like Paul Bettany after this.
Saxsoon
AG
Such an epic troll
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
bobinator
AG
The real beauty is, what if this is the troll, and then it's an epic double troll. Either way it's amazing.
TCTTS
AG
I *do* think he's trolling with the mention of Cumberbatch. Or, rather, not "trolling" per se, but overplaying his hand a bit. I'd be legit surprised if Cumberbatch doesn't make an appearance.
bobinator
AG
It would be like a level 1,000 bit if Cumberbatch and Stewart showed up.
TCTTS
AG
And there we have it...

TCTTS
AG
Even though we're all obviously expecting it, I have no idea why she just... offered it up like that.
bobinator
AG
This video looks like it's from May 2016, I would assume she's talking about the not-yet-released Dr. Strange movie?
TCTTS
AG
Hahaha you're right. I should have checked the date. I just assumed this was new promotional material for the show/finale. Never mind!
AggieLitigator
TCTTS said:

Hahaha you're right. I should have checked the date. I just assumed this was new promotional material for the show/finale. Never mind!

But there's a lot of good info in that video. You can see where they've taken bits from a lot of those comic storylines...
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

Just rewatched Age of Ultron for the first time since the theater, to prep for tomorrow's finale, and it was honestly... damn good? I guess I get why it got a bad wrap at the time, but I thought it was actually pretty fun, featured some great action, with some phenomenal lines and call backs. Really great thematic elements too. Sure, it almost feels quaint now, but it's still impressive as hell. Would recommend giving it a another chance for those who haven't yet.

I think what It does better than any other film was present the heroes as awe inspiring gods in the way that it provides a stand in for the viewers in Clint Barton.
bobinator
AG
My biggest issue with Age of Ultron was always that the decision that caused the villain to exist in the first place "hey let's try activating this AI we know nothing about" is also what caused them to be able to defeat it by creating Vision?

For me Ultron is one of the MCU movies that's better the less you think about it because it definitely has some good scenes.
Sex Panther
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I can't even be mad at Bettany... this is just hilarious
CubbieAggie
AG
bobinator said:

My biggest issue with Age of Ultron was always that the decision that caused the villain to exist in the first place "hey let's try activating this AI we know nothing about" is also what caused them to be able to defeat it by creating Vision?

For me Ultron is one of the MCU movies that's better the less you think about it because it definitely has some good scenes.
It is strange that Tony regresses as a character, repeats his mistakes, and gets rewarded for it. Plus the confusing and disjointed sequence around the Water of Sights. A lot of Deus Ex Machina in the middle of that movie.

I haven't seen it in a couple years, but my past impressions were it had a strong beginning, got muddled in the middle, and had a great looking finale that didn't quite stick the landing.
TCTTS
AG
I don't really see it as Tony repeating the same mistake twice. He does it the first time with hubris. Then, he and the team learn all sorts of things about each other, about their roles as Earth's protectors, etc. They grow as characters. So then, when Tony does it a second time, he has more of an understanding. He's doing it with a different perspective. It's not that his actions themselves were wrong the first time, it's that he wasn't doing it for the right reasons. So he's then given a chance to come at the same situation from a different angle, which I think is cool, shows growth, etc.
bobinator
AG
I dunno, i mean in both cases the reasons are "we aren't strong enough to protect the world ourselves so we need this." The only thing different the second time is that part of why they aren't strong enough is because of the threat they created the first time.

It just happens to work the second time. But it's not like Tony is sure it's going to work or is very open with his plans. He and Banner, again, do it in secret without the rest of the team, who then stop them.

Thor just happened to have some kind of water-based vision quest and zapped Vision to life. He also did not share this information with everyone else first, he just did it.
JJxvi
AG
You guys are getting dangerously close to activating my nerd rage regarding the physics of "dropping Sokovia" to cause an extinction level event.
bobinator
AG
To be clear I like the movie a lot. And the party scene is one of the best scenes in all of the MCU with the way all of the characters are interacting. There's just parts that are a little muddy I think.
Capitol Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't really see it as Tony repeating the same mistake twice. He does it the first time with hubris. Then, he and the team learn all sorts of things about each other, about their roles as Earth's protectors, etc. They grow as characters. So then, when Tony does it a second time, he has more of an understanding. He's doing it with a different perspective. It's not that his actions themselves were wrong the first time, it's that he wasn't doing it for the right reasons. So he's then given a chance to come at the same situation from a different angle, which I think is cool, shows growth, etc.

Plus it was the right thing to do as they needed to use Jarvis to fight Ultron. Jarvis was in the internet stopping Ultron from things he was trying to do for most of the movie. Once Tony figured it out, he was able to reconstruct Jarvis. Also he needed to harness the power of the Mind Stone as Thor saw a vision of what needed to be done to protect the Earth. Hence Thor flying in at the last minute to use his power to finish the project. If the Mind Stone fell back into Ultron's hands, they would lose.
MASAXET
AG
This is actually pretty fun
AMW2010
AG
Less than 7 hrs!!!
TCTTS
AG
(Actually nine hours, but who's counting?)
Beat40
Let's go Disney. Change the release times to 9pm EST Friday nights so I don't have to stay up to watch.
Beat40
Capitol Ag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sounds like a misdirection.
I won't believe anything as you could be right. At this point, with so many Easter eggs to guess about, I'm just going to go in expecting everything and nothing at the same time. I honestly just want a good and compelling, well written and acted show to entertain me until the next installment of the MCU in 2 weeks with Falcon and Winter Soldier.
I'm really looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier. Mackie and Stan's chemistry is so good. Hope this one is as good as I hope it will be!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.