Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,923 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
amercer said:

Also, I really love the Darcy and Woo characters in this. They are absolutely representations of MCU fans. They say all the stuff that fans would say in the theater watching this movie.
i love them too, but that is also why i kind of wish they were not in the show.

Yes, it is nice to have some levity, but their comments are always either jokey or on-the-nose things that a fan would say, and it is very much out of place in many of the scenes.

AliasMan02
AG
It's a cool renaissance for Darcy, who I think most people considered to be annoying and disposable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But that brand of humor has always been the MO for the MCU.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Any guesses on where all westview's children are? You'd expect there to have been some, if this was a real town that Wanda took over.

Perhaps the children are hostages of some sort. This would add further meaning to all the "for the children" stuff in Ep. 2.
Thanks and gig'em
C@LAg
Aggie_Journalist said:

Any guesses on where all westview's children are? You'd expect there to have been some, if this was a real town that Wanda took over.

Perhaps the children are hostages of some sort. This would add further meaning to all the "for the children" stuff in Ep. 2.
wow. i do not think i have seen ANYONE go down that path of discussion. it is so obvious, and yet none of us here have brought it up previously.

Even the Screen Crush guy has not alluded to it in any of his videos.

This idea would add a LOT to the story.

Post removed:
by user
DVC2010
AG
AliasMan02 said:

That was awesome.

The storyline is starting to feel like one of my D&D campaigns where I have too many side stories and hints at future stories to keep a handle on. Luckily I'm sure Feige is a much better DM than me.

I bet Feige wouldn't say, "never mind; let's skip that side story and move on."
DVC2010
AG
C@LAg said:

one thing I noted on a rewatch:

When Norm says "you have to stop her. She is in my head.... Just make her stop" He never does actually say "Wanda"....

now their later discussion does address Norm, and she does drop her "Can't I?" comment, but she also admits she is not responsible for everyone's actions.

My hunch after watching the episode was that the villain was somehow imitating Wanda when she stepped outside the hex, but I dismissed the idea pretty quickly. Now that you mention this, the situation is really well set up to misdirect the audience and to sow mistrust between Wanda and Vision.
Saxsoon
AG
Brock Sampson said:

This show is basically setting up the next phase of the MCU, correct?

If that's the case who would be a villain on the same level as Thanos? I feel like it has to be somebody like Dr. Doom.

Well kang the conquerer who is a time traveler is the villain of Quantumania and is likely to be an avengers level threat
fig96
AG
Saxsoon said:

Brock Sampson said:

This show is basically setting up the next phase of the MCU, correct?

If that's the case who would be a villain on the same level as Thanos? I feel like it has to be somebody like Dr. Doom.

Well kang the conquerer who is a time traveler is the villain of Quantumania and is likely to be an avengers level threat
Kang was a thought I had as well, and we know he's already been cast for the next Ant-Man film.

I just freakin' love that we have absolutely no clue where this is going
TCTTS
AG
My predictions...
  • S.W.O.R.D. acting director Hayward is the/a villain. The Hex/TV episodes are figuratively being "directed" by him. Hell, even "acting director" is probably a wink to "the person giving direction to the actors." Wanda is (mostly) the one pulling the strings *inside* the Hex, but Hayward is the one who either *created* the Hex, or heavily influenced Wanda to do so, and has sway inside the Hex as well. I'd even bet that it will be revealed that Hayward's perimeter installation is somehow helping keep the Hex going.
  • Hayward is also the devil dude the Screenrant videos keep referring to, and it's all a setup to create/kidnap Wanda's uber-powerful twins.
  • Agnus is/was in cahoots with Hayward, but she ultimately grows sympathetic to Wanda and helps her out.
  • Dottie is key was well. Maybe Dottie is Hayward's/the devil dude's wife/partner. And Agnus is/was helping them both.
  • But Agnus will be key in helping defeat Dottie inside the Hex and Rambeau will be key in helping defeat Hayward outside the Hex, via her newfound superpowers, which will manifest just in the nick of time.
  • Doctor Strange isn't part of the final battle/standoff, but shows up at the end to take a recovering/PTSD-suffering Wanda under his wing, leading to their movie together in 2022.
  • Oh, and I continue to believe that Wanda essentially opens up the multiverse for the next phase of the MCU, in some form or fashion, in the next four episodes, if she hasn't already with Quicksilver showing up.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
third coast.. said:

What wasnthe significance of them not using the name scarlet witch? Has she really not been referred to as that in the MCU before?
I thought it was a teaser for something they'll introduce later. We'll see.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
The way Wanda says "director," with such venom, could have a double meaning.
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

wow. i do not think i have seen ANYONE go down that path of discussion. it is so obvious, and yet none of us here have brought it up previously.

Even the Screen Crush guy has not alluded to it in any of his videos.

This idea would add a LOT to the story.

I think also this episode was our first confirmation that there is actually a town full of people in the Hex. Hayward said there were thousands of people captured in it. Obviously, we could have presumed that before now, but we've only ever seen the same handful of people which could lead you to believe there was not anyone else in there besides the dozen or so people we've seen.
Pro Ag
AG
Something I haven't seen or heard mentioned yet, but while Screen Crush has been looking at the hexagons thinking it may be an AIM Easter, what if Darcy's nicknaming the anomaly the hex is spot on as it's a witch's hex on the town (who put it there TBD).
rhutton125
AG
I think calling it the Hex is just a cute reference to Wanda's hex powers in the comics. I'd be shocked if AIM were involved in any way, especially now that we know the beekeeper was a Sword agent.

That said, the note about the children missing is really chilling and intriguing. Maybe additional fuel to the fire for a Mephisto theory.
amercer
AG
Yeah the children part is pretty dark really.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
amercer said:

I just noticed that in the episode 6 teaser, there appear to be children "trick-or-treating".
texasaggie04
AG
Quote:

80's: Family Ties / Growing Pains / Full House (bleeds into 90's)
90's: Family Matters / Boy Meets World / Everybody Loves Raymond (bleeds into 00's)
00's: Malcolm in the Middle / Modern Family (bleeds into present)

Check, check, and check for the 80's.
Not sure it'll be as clear-cut moving forward. Modern sitcoms (to my eyes, at least) all became a bit similar.
awall11
AG
Them sending in the 80s drone unscathed has me thinking a lot. I'm wondering if the perimeter will get weaker and weaker as we get closer to present day and ultimately disappear in the final episode.

Episode 1 - 50s
Episode 2 - 60s
Episode 3 - 70s
Episode 4 - break in the action
Episode 5 - 80s
Episode 6 - 90s
Episode 7 - 00s
Episode 8 - 10s
Episode 9 - present day and all hell breaks loose

Just a thought
redline248
AG
If Hayward was the villain why would he even bother sending Monica to investigate in the first place? I think he's just your stereotypical government/military guy that is a hammer and sees every problem as a nail.
YouBet
AG
awall11 said:

Them sending in the 80s drone unscathed has me thinking a lot. I'm wondering if the perimeter will get weaker and weaker as we get closer to present day and ultimately disappear in the final episode.

Episode 1 - 50s
Episode 2 - 60s
Episode 3 - 70s
Episode 5 - 80s
Episode 6 - 90s
Episode 7 - 00s
Episode 8 - 10s

Just a thought
Don't think so. Remember that Wanda reinforced it with her chaos magic on her way back into the Hex after her exterior run-in with Hayward and Monica. She did this after proclaiming they wouldn't get to her again and to leave her alone.

The next time anyone tries to get in the Hex is going to require a meta-human. Someone like another Avenger or maybe Monica as Photon if she's now powered.
YouBet
AG
Also, was wondering if they were going to subtly try to reposition Wanda as being a mutant going forward but they went out of their way in this episode to note that she got her powers from an infinity stone. Guess the mutant metas will be introduced via multi-verse and maybe Wanda sticks with her stone powered origins here.
bobinator
AG
I think there's a very high probability that Wanda creates the mutants of the main universe the MCU.
YouBet
AG
bobinator said:

I think there's a very high probability that Wanda creates the mutants of the MCU.
Certainly plausible.

On that note, maybe Monica is the first one after being hammered by Wanda's powers.
rynning
AG
awall11 said:

Them sending in the 80s drone unscathed has me thinking a lot.

So the 80s drone doesn't need to be altered as it crosses over, but why is that a big deal? Other drones didn't have a problem crossing over, right? (Wanda didn't seem to be aware of the crossing in either case.) Notice that it DID get altered when it crossed back.
bobinator
AG
Because it still worked. They were able to see inside the hex for a while until Wanda took it out herself. When they were sending in modern stuff it was getting "reorganized" and stopped working.
Decay
AG
Anyone catch Monica's reference to an Aerospace Engineer she knew? I don't think that describes anyone in the MCU.
bobinator
AG
That seemed like a clear Reed Richards tease. I'm wondering if Wanda is the cause of the Fantastic Four getting their powers also.

I actually briefly considered if Darci, Woo, Rambeau and (soon to join) Richards would become the Fantastic Four since they've made a point of mentioning cosmic background radiation and if memory serves a blast of radiation is how they get their powers. But not having Sue and Johnny be brother and sister would be a pretty big change, as would having two of them be female.
YNWA_AG
AG
[Stop. -Staff]
bobinator
AG
No way.
FearNoWeevil
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

amercer said:

I just noticed that in the episode 6 teaser, there appear to be children "trick-or-treating".
After the confrontation with Vision when he mentions not seeing any children maybe she (or someone) has them appear (on the kid-friendliest evening) to prove "of course, there are children!"...
awall11
AG
YouBet said:

awall11 said:

Episode 1 - 50s
Episode 2 - 60s
Episode 3 - 70s
Episode 5 - 80s
Episode 6 - 90s
Episode 7 - 00s
Episode 8 - 10s

Just a thought
Don't think so. Remember that Wanda reinforced it with her chaos magic on her way back into the Hex after her exterior run-in with Hayward and Monica. She did this after proclaiming they wouldn't get to her again and to leave her alone.

The next time anyone tries to get in the Hex is going to require a meta-human. Someone like another Avenger or maybe Monica as Photon if she's now powered.

Except she doesn't say they won't get in again. She says she has what she wants and they aren't taking it from her again.

Also, she is losing control on the inside. So it would also make sense that she would lose control over the perimeter too.
fig96
AG
bobinator said:

That seemed like a clear Reed Richards tease. I'm wondering if Wanda is the cause of the Fantastic Four getting their powers also.

I actually briefly considered if Darci, Woo, Rambeau and (soon to join) Richards would become the Fantastic Four since they've made a point of mentioning cosmic background radiation and if memory serves a blast of radiation is how they get their powers. But not having Sue and Johnny be brother and sister would be a pretty big change, as would having two of them be female.
Yup, it would be surprising to see them create the FF origin from here but a lot of things line up (aerospace engineer, CMBR).

The showrunner has shot down those theories, though I'm sure she also wouldn't confirm them if they were true soooo...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.