Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,912 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't that Sharon Carter?
TCTTS
AG
I'm so confused. I thought you guys were talking about Florence Pugh's character from Black Widow. That's Sharon Carter in the trailer. From Winter Soldier.
bluefire579
AG
That's not widow, that's Sharon Carter from Civil War, Peggy's niece.

This is Yelena, who I expect is going to be the new Black Widow. They look a bit similar, but definitely different.

Edit: Just checked, and she'll be in the Hawkeye series, but not Falcon and WS
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

I'm so confused. I thought you guys were talking about Florence Pugh's character from Black Widow. That's Sharon Carter in the trailer. From Winter Soldier.
i am ******ed.

all those blondes look the same to me.
MooreTrucker
AG
Just started watching and binged it all tonight, so I haven't had a chance to read the thread.

Very interesting. I may have to go back and rewatch IW and Endgame as a refresher.

My wife, who's seen most of the MCU movies but not really invested in them is quite confused at this point, but intrigued nevertheless.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

i am ******ed.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wandavision becomes #1 most popular tv show in the world. (At least per Parrot Analytics' algorithm.)

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-world-most-popular-show-marvel-disney/
bearamedic99
AG
PS- Herb is the guy that Woo was looking for.
bearamedic99
AG
Wandavision ep 6 https://imgur.com/a/ykhyvts
FincAg
AG
Is that a WAG or do you have an explanation?
C@LAg
i wonder if it is telling the Ep 7 preview has not been released yet.....

prior weeks trailers were out by this time.
Albatross Necklace
Go to the 1:40 mark

dave94
AG
She's adorable.
bearamedic99
AG
Wild ass guess based on him being a bit more knowledgeable and featured frequently
rhutton125
AG
I feel like those aren't the best pics for those three.

But also where's Evangeline Lilly
PatAg
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

Go to the 1:40 mark

Interesting reaction from him
bearamedic99
AG
Just curious, was anyone able to see the images on the Imgur link?
The Debt
Everyone is discussing Mephisto and Wanda for Phase 4.

Nick Fury with the Skrulls:
Drawkcab
I've watched a few YouTube clips of Evan Peters Quicksilver scenes. He seems a lot faster than the Quicksilver of the MCU. Seems like he would have survived in Age of Ultron by out running the bullets. Seems faster than he does in Wandavision also.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Looks like this week takes a Modern Family style

redline248
AG
Drawkcab said:

I've watched a few YouTube clips of Evan Peters Quicksilver scenes. He seems a lot faster than the Quicksilver of the MCU. Seems like he would have survived in Age of Ultron by out running the bullets. Seems faster than he does in Wandavision also.

Two things...
1. The effects needed to match a 90s era
2. The Fox Quicksilver is shown more from his own pov where time is nearly stopped around him. The MCU is really only shown that way once, I think.
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248 said:

Drawkcab said:

Two things...
2. The Fox Quicksilver is shown more from his own pov where time is nearly stopped around him. The MCU is really only shown that way once, I think.
The fox version literally empties out Xavier's mansion of people during a slow mo explosion, he makes several trips in and out.

MCU version couldn't out run bullets.
redline248
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

redline248 said:

Drawkcab said:

Two things...
The fox version literally empties out Xavier's mansion of people during a slow mo explosion, he makes several trips in and out.

MCU version couldn't out run bullets.
1...ok?

2...if MCU had wanted him to live, he would have outrun bullets.

I feel like your post is trying to argue with my previous one...they aren't the same person or have the same speed.
schmiddy94
He wasn't trying to outrun the bullets was he? He took the bullets to save Hawkeye and the kid... right?
TexasAggie_02
AG
He shoved them out of the way.
YNWA_AG
AG

I'm betting on Hugh Jackman at this point
YNWA_AG
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I'm betting on Hugh Jackman at this point

TCTTS
AG
Am I the only one who has zero desire to see Jackman's Wolverine in this? I love the guy, and the character, but the surprise-Jackman/Wolverine-cameo thing has been done at least twice before already. It's seemingly always the go-to. Can we please move on from the Fox X-Men franchise?

Besides, Bettany saying "all my life" tells me it's likely someone older.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Am I the only one who has zero desire to see Jackman's Wolverine in this? I love the guy, and the character, but the surprise-Jackman/Wolverine-cameo thing has been done at least twice before already. It's seemingly always the go-to. Can we please move on from the Fox X-Men franchise?

Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier maybe. Have they worked together?
YNWA_AG
AG
Yeah Stewart and Ian mckellen fit the bill too
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

While I absolutely agree, Jackman's Wolverine is one of the reasons I think bringing the Xmen over to the MCU is gonna really struggle. That was a perfect casting and he's basically irreplaceable. I don't even whoever has to recast Wolverine
Belton Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

While I absolutely agree, Jackman's Wolverine is one of the reasons I think bringing the Xmen over to the MCU is gonna really struggle. That was a perfect casting and he's basically irreplaceable. I don't even whoever has to recast Wolverine
Logan was the best comic book movie I've ever seen, aside from Nolan's Dark Knight. Jackman went down as the GOAT superhero actor after that. Bringing Wolverine back in any capacity this soon after Logan would be completely anticlimactic and would take away from that movie.
TCTTS
AG
This isn't quite a 1:1 comparison, but a decade or so from now, as great as he was, I think we're going to see Jackman's Wolverine as, say, the Connery or Brosnan to the next actor's Craig. It'll be someone more raw (in a good way), who stars in the better movies overall (though, yes, it'll be hard to top Logan). I'm 100% agreement that it's still too soon to reboot/recast the character - maybe 2024/25 or so - but there's still so much untapped potential and so more you can do with the character, in terms of a grittier, more faithful portrayal.
Belton Ag
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Magneto just doesn't seem like a big enough bad-ass to have created the Hex. To me, that's got to be Mephisto/Galactus level power.
bluefire579
AG
Belton Ag said:

YNWA_AG said:

Magneto just doesn't seem like a big enough bad-ass to have created the Hex. To me, that's got to be Mephisto/Galactus level power.
If Magneto appears, I'm betting it wouldn't be from creating the Hex, but from his Quicksilver/Witch connection.

That said, he is an omega level mutant, so in terms of power level, I'd think he'd have the ability. It would actually kind of fit with the original x-men movie from 2000 when he planned to use his powers to turn humans into mutants.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.