Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,961 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Brock Sampson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This show is basically setting up the next phase of the MCU, correct?

If that's the case who would be a villain on the same level as Thanos? I feel like it has to be somebody like Dr. Doom.
C@LAg
Brock Sampson said:

This show is basically setting up the next phase of the MCU, correct?

If that's the case who would be a villain on the same level as Thanos? I feel like it has to be somebody like Dr. Doom.
heck, it could culminate in galactus heading to earth, and ALL heroes and bad guys working together to stop him, or at least their storylines dovetailing together..

but Dr Doom or Magneto are the two most likely candidates.
Dro07
AG
third coast.. said:

What wasnthe significance of them not using the name scarlet witch? Has she really not been referred to as that in the MCU before?

Did they ever call Pietro Quicksilver? I can't recall. Maybe it's a fox/Disney thing?
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

If Dr Doom is ever in the MCU I will stop watching all Marvel if they don't use songs by MF DOOM
well... bye?
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
not much about Doctor Doom screams British rapper...

He is a 40-ish year old Slavic magician/techno-futurist with a god complex but huge inferiority complex.
GreasenUSA
AG
redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

Am I the only one that notices in each of these videos, when he shows the "for the children" scenes, he splices in a quick Brad Pitt image?
Noticed it in many places in the two videos SC created today. Fairly distracting. Caught a screenshot of Tyler Durden inserted here...

amercer
AG
Holy Balls
C@LAg
yeah, i just noticed them today as well. they are annoying.

had no idea it was brad pitt/TylerD, but at least in context that works...
Duncan Idaho
That is awesome. I saw the screen blip but I couldn't catch what it was
Brock Sampson
AG
Went down a marvel rabbit hole...

I know the basics of marvel but apparently there is a major story line where SW loses her 2 boys, basically goes crazy and becomes a god trying to bring them back, and kills most of the avengers and x-men. Dr. Doom plays a part and tries to marry her. The Young Avengers play a part as well.

SW's powers go from warping reality to actually being able to change it.

Of course this is all summarized and there are way more details. But some of that story could tie in to what's happened with Wanda so far in this show.
AgfromHOU
AG
House of M, which has an Easter egg in the first episode with the wine she is pouring.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So...is Westview actually in the 80's?

I mean if we get young Quicksilver, we could potentially get Fassbender's Magneto right?
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

Have you ever listened to mf doom or did you just wiki him? You wouldn't knownhe was British because he grew up in NYC. Amd again, his songs would fit in just fine in a movie. There are numerous times in movies where there are instrumental beats played.
sorry. i am not the one that came into this thread making an inane statement like "if they do not play this rapper with a similar name so it must be associated thematically I am done with MCU."

and yes I was aware of MF Doom even before he died. But I have little more than a passing familiarity with his oeuvre. But the lack of his music will have no impact on my ability to enjoy the MCU.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
Well, this pretty much confirms the multi-verse setting. And to do it by bringing in the actor that played a rival version of same character in MCU to boot. That is simultaneously multi-verse and breaking the fourth wall.

Which really just means Deadpool is coming.
AliasMan02
AG
That was awesome.

The storyline is starting to feel like one of my D&D campaigns where I have too many side stories and hints at future stories to keep a handle on. Luckily I'm sure Feige is a much better DM than me.
amercer
AG
That was great. From Wanda changing the dialogue in the intro all the way to bringing in the better Quicksilver at the end.

Do we think SWORD was evacuating the base? Moving it further away?

I didn't think that SWORD director might be the bad guy until I saw it in a recap video, but there are enough hints I guess.

Not to reignite the debate from a couple of pages ago, but there's not a good excuse at this point to not bring in any available hero to help....

I also like the idea that Spider-Man bought the alternative universe backstory in FFF because maybe people already knew about the multiverse because of Wanda.
C@LAg
amercer said:

Not to reignite the debate from a couple of pages ago, but there's not a good excuse at this point to not bring in any available hero to help....
My Man!!!!
amercer
AG
We need something to do until next Friday.
C@LAg
Of course: clips from next week: watch at your own risk

C@LAg
since you mentioned it, see above....
bobinator
AG
If we get Fassbender Magneto I want some kind of award
C@LAg
bobinator said:

If we get Fassbender Magneto I want some kind of award
we could just as easily get McKellen's since it is advancing into the 90s/2000s next episode./
TexasAggie_02
AG
I wonder if the horny neighbor is the villain. She seems to be the only one to break character willingly, and she always talks about her husband, but we have not seen him yet. Either he doesn't exist, or he's being hid bc SWORD might be able to ID him b if he shows up on camera.
TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg said:

amercer said:

My Man!!!!

C@LAg
The ScreenRant videos posted after each episode do go into detail on her (possible) character, if you are interested in more details about her.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I think it's pretty widely assumed something is up with the neighbor and her husband that may or may not exist.
amercer
AG
Actually to square the circle, IF the sword director is a bad guy then it would make total sense for him to keep other superheros away. But they already kind of did the "shield is really hydra" thing.
C@LAg
he is actually a Skrull infiltrator, which is why he is pushing Monica away so she does not realize it since she has familiarity with him.

All part of the Secret Invasion - he is trying to sideline heroes.

(I say this jokingly, but it could very well play out).
amercer
AG
I mean, they kind of teased that with Fury in FFF
AMW2010
AG
I'm waiting for a scene like this to happen...

The producer of the show making the credits roll, all the edits, commercials and filming it...
amercer
AG
Also, I really love the Darcy and Woo characters in this. They are absolutely representations of MCU fans. They say all the stuff that fans would say in the theater watching this movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.