Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,945 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

We still haven't seen all the MCU movies -- would we enjoy this show or just be lost?
Depends which you've seen.

Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame would probably all have you pretty squared away with Wanda & Vision's storyline.
aTmLoKi
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

We still haven't seen all the MCU movies -- would we enjoy this show or just be lost?

I would imagine it'll probably be important to finish the movies before starting this. It sounds like this is pretty-well tied into where things have been and where things are moving in the MCU.
GIF Reactor
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

both?
Thanks
GIF Reactor
AG
Decay said:

Electrical_Ag said:

Depends which you've seen.

Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame would probably all have you pretty squared away with Wanda & Vision's storyline.
We saw a couple of them; Black Panther, the first Spiderman, and Thor Ragnarok before seeing Infinity War and Endgame. We then went back and started watching them in order of release and made it to #4, Thor. We then jumped ahead and watched Iron Man 3. So we have a looonnng way to go.
CoachRTM
AG
There are recaps of the characters on Disney+. Each character (Wanda, Vision) is about 7 minutes long and gives you a quick recap of their backstory.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm just waiting for the WandaVision episode that mirrors the Office.

The side characters would be fantastic.
CowtownAg06
AG
Sorry I read it as none of the movies. With what you've seen, I think you'll be fine. Ultron has some tie, but it's also in the bottom tier of Marvel. Still good, but not great.
Saxsoon
AG
Might want to throw Captain Marvel in there for spoiler reasons on Geraldines character. Nothing massive so it's fine if you don't. Antman 2 introduced an agent that we know is in this season.
YouBet
AG
I would argue you need to watch the prior movies before watching this if this really is the launch of Phase 4(?). No telling what future stuff that is planned where you really need call backs to previous phase movies coupled with this.

This show is basically a bridge between the two if speculation is correct. And not sure why it wouldn't be. However, I'm also highly anal about watching things in chronological order. There are few shows/movies that I will watch without seeing everything prior to it from a timeline perspective.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'd throw in for Electrical_Ag that this series appears to possibly maybe be drawing from some comic book lore that hasn't been tapped by the movies yet, so a lot of the easter eggs may not make sense from a strictly MCU perspective. Some new territory.
tysker
AG
jeffk said:

Still wearing the same clothes though, right? So some things are the same between the sides of the shimmery barrier.

Was Geraldine 'implanted' there from the outside (almost like how they describe it in Total Recall) and then pushed back out into 'reality' by Wanda or was she created subconsciously by Wanda and by being kicked out is now a real manifestation of Wanda's subconscious?
texasaggie04
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Family Ties and Growing Pains might fit in there, but Full House has to be it.

My theory is they've all be family-style sitcoms so far. I would expect something like...

80's: Family Ties / Growing Pains / Full House (bleeds into 90's)
90's: Family Matters / Boy Meets World / Everybody Loves Raymond (bleeds into 00's)
00's: Malcolm in the Middle / Modern Family (bleeds into present)

Other contenders (Seinfeld, FRIENDS, The Office, Big Bang Theory) don't fit the family motif they've been creating.
wangus12
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

My theory is they've all be family-style sitcoms so far. I would expect something like...

90's: Family Matters / Boy Meets World / Everybody Loves Raymond (bleeds into 00's)

Other contenders (Seinfeld, FRIENDS, The Office, Big Bang Theory) don't fit the family motif they've been creating.
They're gonna go for the back breaker. Home Improvement
redline248
AG
Herb would make a great Wilson
Whos Juan
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

I didn't realize until just now that I need an Office style episode of this show, complete with awkward camera stares.

Get Drax, Ant-Man, and Fury in there somehow and I'll gladly pay for premium access to watch.
Flashdiaz
AG
for the 80's one, i'd love to see them living in the Charles in Charge house then grab a bite to eat at The Max and have Kelly Kapowowowski be the waitress. Then Vision and Wanda tap into their powers and kill Screech as he walks in the door.
texasaggie04
AG
Whos Juan said:

I didn't realize until just now that I need an Office style episode of this show, complete with awkward camera stares.

Get Drax, Ant-Man, and Fury in there somehow and I'll gladly pay for premium access to watch.

I actually didn't think of it until now, but they could do an Office-style segment with Vision at work if they keep that bit in there. I do suspect the core of the shows will be family sitcoms.
CoachRTM
AG
wangus12 said:

texasaggie04 said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Bwwwwaaaahhh?!!?!?!

(Yea, I have no idea how to type out that sound...)
redline248
AG
*impressed grunting sound
Sex Panther
AG
CoachRTM said:

wangus12 said:

texasaggie04 said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Bwwwwaaaahhh?!!?!?!

(Yea, I have no idea how to type out that sound...)

I think that's Hank Hill
tysker
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Was the last episode (Brady Bunch & Partridge Family) it for the 70s? What about All in the Family, Happy Days, Bob Newhart, MASH?

For the 80s, surely Cosby Show? Friends?

So many possibilities.
Or the Happy Days spin-off, Mork and Mindy.

I'm guessing an ALF or Small Wonder reference would be too obscure. Wasn't ALF actually really popular in Eastern Europe back in the 80s and early 90s?
YouBet
AG
Flashdiaz said:

for the 80's one, i'd love to see them living in the Charles in Charge house then grab a bite to eat at The Max and have Kelly Kapowowowski be the waitress. Then Vision and Wanda tap into their powers and kill Screech as he walks in the door.
And then Urkel walks in...."Who meee...." Wanda disintegrates him.
amercer
AG
tysker said:

jeffk said:

Still wearing the same clothes though, right? So some things are the same between the sides of the shimmery barrier.

Was Geraldine 'implanted' there from the outside (almost like how they describe it in Total Recall) and then pushed back out into 'reality' by Wanda or was she created subconsciously by Wanda and by being kicked out is now a real manifestation of Wanda's subconscious?

I think she came in on the toy helicopter. She was supposed to infiltrate the town, but when she was around Wanda she was just as much under her control as everyone else. Only when Wanda is distracted does that slip. So when Wanda started singing to her babies and thinking about her brother, Geraldine was able to wake up a bit. But she was still pretty foggy which is why she said the dumb **** about Ultron and blew her cover.
The Debt
I wish this were taking place in the mojoverse.
TXAG 05
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Saved by the Bell is more 90s than 80s. I think Home Improvement is a good bet for the 90s since it was a family/neighborhood based show compared to other big 90s shows like Seinfeld/Friends/Frasier.

Full House started in the 80s but ran for a while in the 90s. I think most of the TGIF shows have a good shot, Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World. Sabrina the teenage witch might be a little too on the nose.
imjustsayin
AG
redline248 said:

*impressed grunting sound

Does anyone else read these and then try to audibly make the sound that's described?

Or is it just me?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Tim the Toolman Taylor sound?
AMW2010
AG
redline248 said:

Herb would make a great Wilson

I don't think so vision
C@LAg
The Debt said:

I wish this were taking place in the mojoverse.
too silly
although I would love for them to introduce Longshot some time in Phase 5.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

This is interesting. She also said "I don't know how I got here" when wanda put her in the magic trick, but I rhibknshe was talking about how she got in to the town.
well I rhibknshe was confused.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Come on, you have to admit that was one hell of an auto correct
Post removed:
by user
MASAXET
AG
Someone mentioned this to me but I don't know if it's accurate because I haven't seen AOS:

Apparently in AOS, Coulson at one point references Hydra using soap as part of mind control. If true, that is somewhat interesting given the Hydra soak commercial in the Wandavision episode. Just an Easter egg reference or larger tie in?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.