Wandavision Discussion Thread

191,622 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
discobrob said:

We watched all these episodes and figured we missed a lot because we're not up to date with all the marvel movies. Which ones do we need to watch to catch up? Please don't say all of them. What's most important?

Age of Ultron, Infinity War/Endgame - story
Thor, Ant Man 2, Captain Marvel - Main character backstories
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'd rather see Keanu as Moon Knight or Silver Surfer.

You don't like Oscar Isaac for Moon Knight?
The Debt
Saxsoon said:

Isaac or Irons would be great.

Most of Twitter already sees Woods as the devil anyway
Saxsoon
AG
The Debt said:

Saxsoon said:

Most of Twitter already sees Woods as the devil anyway
I like James Woods and his Hades is iconic. I don't quite see him playing a bit more of a reserved evil that those two would bring.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
redline248
AG
So, is Agatha merely controlling Pietro, or did she actually create him out of thin air? Or is he some sort of demon in disguised that she summoned?
Wheatables02
AG
I don't know a lot about x-men and I've never seen any of the movies or related movies except Deadpool and Logan.

No chance that Captain Rambeau is now storm or another x-men after altering her DNA again to go into the hex? She reminded me of storm with those blue eyes..
GreasenUSA
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

discobrob said:

We watched all these episodes and figured we missed a lot because we're not up to date with all the marvel movies. Which ones do we need to watch to catch up? Please don't say all of them. What's most important?

not sure I'd leave out Civil War from the "story" list.
JJxvi
AG
Monica Rambeau is an existing comic character and her demonstrated powers and look in this episode basically confirmed her powers to be similar to her role there
bobinator
AG
Supposedly she's been a few different characters including one called Spectrum which this could also be, but yeah, her powers are clearly related to light and/or electromagnetism.
JJxvi
AG
bobinator said:

Supposedly she's been a few different characters including one called Spectrum which this could also be, but yeah, her powers are clearly related to light and/or electromagnetism.

Edited my post since yeah theres actually several superhero names for the character
AgfromHOU
AG
From Reddit. Comparing Agatha's house to the Bewitched house.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
GreasenUSA said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

discobrob said:

It's been awhile since I've watched civil war, I don't remember what part of civil war ties into wandavision
Bruce Almighty
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I'd rather see Keanu as Moon Knight or Silver Surfer.

You don't like Oscar Isaac for Moon Knight?

Yes I do, I just think Keanu would have been perfect.
dave94
AG
Edit: they both have pretty significant roles in CW
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Fun fact. It IS the Bewitched house. This was shot on the same lot. Random fact but The Middle was also filmed on lot so you can see the Bewitched house in a few of those episodes and they showed The Middle house either this week or last week - I can't remember.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
discobrob said:

I haven't seen all of the films, either, but I have been trying to catch up with the help of my husband who has seen them all. I've seen Age of Ultron, Civil War, Dr. Strange, Infinity War, and End Game and have easily been able to follow along. Its also been recommended I watch Captain Marvel, but that actress just grinds my gears so I haven't yet and don't feel I've missed anything.
redline248
AG
did you just call your husband a ho?
Saxsoon
AG
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
bluefire579
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

GreasenUSA said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

discobrob said:

It's been awhile since I've watched civil war, I don't remember what part of civil war ties into wandavision
The opening sequence with Crossbones. Wanda is the catalyst for the entire thing, and it gets referenced in one of the commercials.

It's also where we start to see the beginnings of their relationship
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

So, is Agatha merely controlling Pietro, or did she actually create him out of thin air? Or is he some sort of demon in disguised that she summoned?

He could still be the primary antagonist controlling Agatha.
Dr. Teeth
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Age of Ultron, maybe Civil War, Infinity War, maybe Endgame

Those are the exact four movies my wife and I watched for Wanda's backstory. Civil War gives some insight into her relationship with Vision, so I'd say it's a must watch.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

Only if the scene of her using magic on him in the Agatha All Along bit is misdirection.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
redline248 said:

did you just call your husband a ho?

Just calling it as I see it.

Edited it.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

YouBet said:

redline248 said:

Only if the scene of her using magic on him in the Agatha All Along bit is misdirection.

I guess I missed that.
rhutton125
AG
Oddly enough, Captain Marvel is also a relevant (though not required) viewing because of Monica.
bobinator
AG
I just don't get why, if you're enjoying WandaVision, you wouldn't go ahead and watch the rest of the MCU movies.

Watching the Avengers movies to catch up on details for Wandavision is like watching the original Star Wars to get details for The Mandalorian. Like... the main thing is the better thing.

And you already have Disney+ so you can watch almost all of them without paying anything.
TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg
Saxsoon said:

regardless of who it is.. the Devil MUST be British.

The accent makes him both more seductive and evil.
AgfromHOU
AG
rhutton125 said:

Oddly enough, Captain Marvel is also a relevant (though not required) viewing because of Monica.

I rewatched it last night. It was a really good movie until the end.
C@LAg
Quinn
AG
I have nothing to add theorywise, but Olsen did a great Claire Dunphy. Also, I thought it was odd that they copied the Happy Endings opening credits style when there weren't any other homages to that show.
Duncan Idaho
Quinn said:

I have nothing to add theorywise, but Olsen did a great Claire Dunphy. Also, I thought it was odd that they copied the Happy Endings opening credits style when there weren't any other homages to that show.

Would watch
GreasenUSA
AG
Quinn said:

I can see the similarities with Happy Endings, but they were modeling The Office with the opening credits.
Sex Panther
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Quinn said:

I can see the similarities with Happy Endings, but they were modeling The Office with the opening credits.

I keep seeing this claim... The music is very Office-ish, but the visual layout was clearly modeled after Happy Endings. It's almost a carbon copy.

Duncan Idaho
Yeah. Happy ending (RIP, you were taken to early) was what I thought.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.