Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,952 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ralph = ALF and that's the actor Bettany was referring to wanting to work with.
bobinator
AG
There's also very few missteps in the MCU. There are some that aren't great, but I think they're all at least okay. There's none of them that I just hate watching and I recently did a whole rewatch.

Even with Star Wars there's a couple that on a rewatch I'm like 'okay... i guess we're obligated to watch this one...'
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So are we thinking a big throwdown in ep 8?

Wanda/Vision/Rambeau vs Agatha/Quicksilver?
JJxvi
AG
Decay said:

It's how the addiction starts. You get into one, then you need to watch a few for backstory. Then you watch a couple more for their backstory. Then you want to watch all the movies for completion's sake. Then you watch them again to catch details you missed the first time. Then you watch the TV shows because they tie in. Then you watch the Netflix ones even though they're barely even MCU. Then you're watching Marvel One-Shots and webisodes and posting on a 100-page thread on texags about it.
And soon enough you're on the internet banging the keyboard about "WHERE WERE IRON MAN AND HAWKEYE DURING WINTER SOLDIER!!!"
bobinator
AG
I think this week the world falls apart setting up the big battle/showdown/whatever for the last episode. Like the world in the hex catches the outside world this week and *something* happens.

Maybe this week's episode will mirror 'The Good Place' which could be an interesting way to set up a Mephisto-type character.
YNWA_AG
AG

TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Deadpool: "She's gonna do a supervillain reveal!"
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Decay
AG
Didn't realize she was Doc Ock, that is one of the all-time reveals.

"Can I assume that your friends call you Doc Ock?"
"Actually, my friends call me Liv... My enemies call me Doc Ock."
Jinx
C@LAg said:

Jinx said:

Woah, watching Thor today and just realized WAY late to the game that tech woman in wandavision is the same one who is hanging around with Padme and Skarsgaard dad in Thor
obligatory

Thanos bombs Titan with moon.

Totally fair! I started watching during Avengers (1) and hadnt watched any of the individual films prior. I just watched the ironman and captain america films last year. Watched the 2 Antman films last night after a friend gave me the same "duh" reaction re:Thor and mentioned Woo being in antman.

I feel like Ive watched so much Marvel and still not enough!

Farmer1906
AG
Jinx said:

C@LAg said:

Jinx said:

Woah, watching Thor today and just realized WAY late to the game that tech woman in wandavision is the same one who is hanging around with Padme and Skarsgaard dad in Thor
obligatory

Thanos bombs Titan with moon.

Totally fair! I started watching during Avengers (1) and hadnt watched any of the individual films prior. I just watched the ironman and captain america films last year. Watched the 2 Antman films last night after a friend gave me the same "duh" reaction re:Thor and mentioned Woo being in antman.

Now you need to watch Captain Marvel so you get the Maria & Monica Rambeau link.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Desert Power
AG
Supposedly there are some major major spoilers recently being out there on the internet. Be careful out there to not get spoiled.
degreedy
AG
I can't find them, I've looked. I think it's fake news.
bearamedic99
AG
So was May a friend of Liv's?
Dr. Horrible
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So are we thinking a big throwdown in ep 8?

Wanda/Vision/Rambeau vs Agatha/Quicksilver?
I like the speculation that 8 is the Agatha backstory a la episode 4 showing the outside world. Then 9 is the finale and superhero showdown.
fig96
AG
We've never gotten any more than that but the filmmakers have indicated there's some sort of backstory there.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
imjustsayin said:

So, is Ralph just a made up name for cover or is there really a "Ralph"?
It is quite the debate, but I believe Ralph is a comics villain named Mephisto. I'm not a comics guy, but among the nerds, this theory is strong like bull.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Part of me likes this, but we also just saw a glimpse of that in her "Agatha all along" song.

So I'm sure we'll get some Agatha backstory, but I don't think it will be like the episode when we got caught up on what had been happening outside the show during the first few episodes.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. My guess is we finally get the reveal as to how Wanda got caught up in all this, what role Agnes had in it, etc. But it's not some big backstory episode, just Agatha explaining it all to Wanda, we get some flashes of what she's describing, etc. Then, by the end the episode, we finally see who Ralph is, which I'm agreement is the big bad, be it Mephisto or whoever. And Agatha is basically Steppenwolf to his Darkseid (and the twins his Mother Boxes or whatever).
Beat40
Pumped for this next episode. Really excited to see where this goes.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

A lot of the internet speculation and/or fanfiction has been based on comics storylines. I think I read way too much Marvel comics as a kid up to the early 90's, and I still have no idea what people are talking about a lot of the time.
C@LAg
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

A lot of the internet speculation and/or fanfiction has been based on comics storylines. I think I read way too much Marvel comics as a kid up to the early 90's, and I still have no idea what people are talking about a lot of the time.
Don't beat your self up. Lots of comic stories. Lots of retcons.

The reason people like ScreenCrush and others zeroed in that Agnes was Agatha was based on production spoiler pics for a sequence that has yet to be seen (the pics have been floating out there for more than a year).

While Agatha is a reasonable guess to be in a Wandavision series, leaked pics lead people to know Kathryn Hahn was playing a witch and they were able to identify her from that before they even knew her character's name.

Add to that Marvel themselves came out and identified several specific comic storylines they were drawing on or using for inspiration. With that kind of information it is easy to narrow down a lot of guesswork or relevant talking points.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed. My guess is we finally get the reveal as to how Wanda got caught up in all this, what role Agnes had in it, etc. But it's not some big backstory episode, just Agatha explaining it all to Wanda, we get some flashes of what she's describing, etc. Then, by the end the episode, we finally see who Ralph is, which I'm agreement is the big bad, be it Mephisto or whoever. And Agatha is basically Steppenwolf to his Darkseid (and the twins his Mother Boxes or whatever).
If they stick with the TV show theme, it could be like these modern shows like NCIS, or whatever, that do a bunch of quick cut flashback scenes to show what was happening to solve the case.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

If they stick with the TV show theme, it could be like these modern shows like NCIS, or whatever, that do a bunch of quick cut flashback scenes to show what was happening to solve the case.
I am guessing we are done with the TV tropes since none of the preview material from all of the trailers went past last weeks episode (the TV tropes part). We have seen several clips that have yet to occur but nothing hinting at recreating another TV show. I think we are all real world and exposition from this point on.

TexasAggie_02
AG
Isn't Agatha more or less a mentor to wanda in the comics? What if she's caught in a show within a show? So she's been pulling the v strings this whole time on wanda, but only bc the big bad is pulling her strings.
The Debt
That's why I think she is the heel in the TV show. Not a true villain, she just plays one on TV
texasaggie04
AG
Honestly I'm possibly more interested in dottie and the mailman than Ralph.
lazuras_dc
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Isn't Agatha more or less a mentor to wanda in the comics? What if she's caught in a show within a show? So she's been pulling the v strings this whole time on wanda, but only bc the big bad is pulling her strings.
Well it's Wanda's show at the lowest level, so wouldn't she be in a show within a show within a show?

Farmer1906
AG
Why can't Agatha just be the villain?
YNWA_AG
AG
Because we have a big character reveal that hasn't happened. As much as I want to be magneto or Hugh Jackman. It's more likely a bigger villain that will be in the dr strange movie.
M.C. Swag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Isn't she a friend of Wanda in the comics? Like, her actual comic character isn't that of a villain, correct?
Farmer1906
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Isn't she a friend of Wanda in the comics? Like, her actual comic character isn't that of a villain, correct?
I watched a Youtube video about her a while back. She was a caretaker for Franklin Richards at first and was a teacher to Wanda. I guess she doesn't fit the bill. But the MCU doesn't;t have to play by the comics.

Why do a big song number to basically say just kidding an episode later. Either way, its cool. I guess I just don;t get why everyone is dead set on it being Mephisto.
M.C. Swag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Farmer1906 said:

I watched a Youtube video about her a while back. She was a caretaker for Franklin Richards at first and was a teacher to Wanda. I guess she doesn't fit the bill. But the MCU doesn't;t have to play by the comics.

Why do a big song number to basically say just kidding an episode later. Either way, its cool. I guess I just don;t get why everyone is dead set on it being Mephisto.

Idc one way or the other about Mephisto, but I think it's pretty obvious that Agatha isn't a "villain." She's manipulating Wanda for some purpose, but it's Wanda controlling the hex. At worst, she's probably morally grey like Loki but not a true baddie.

Plus, with an entire portfolio of actual villains that Marvel could use, why would they make one out of a "good guy"?
Farmer1906
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Farmer1906 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Idc one way or the other about Mephisto, but I think it's pretty obvious that Agatha isn't a "villain." She's manipulating Wanda for some purpose, but it's Wanda controlling the hex. At worst, she's probably morally grey like Loki but not a true baddie.

Plus, with an entire portfolio of actual villains that Marvel could use, why would they make one out of a "good guy"?
Season 2 she turns good?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.