Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,909 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What
The
F ck
Van Buren Boy
AG
Halloween!
Post removed:
by user
AMW2010
AG
WOAH!!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Anyone want to guess how far the hex expanded ?
TCTTS
AG
Hayward is DEFINITELY a villain.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Btw, I mean to mention this earlier, but I think everyone is wrong about Agnes/Agatha.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, loved the Malcolm in the Middle vibe, with the kids breaking the fourth wall. Looks like next week we finally reach the modern day, single-cam, docu-comedy era, a la The Office / Modern Family (there's a clip of Wanda talking to the camera in that style - the last bit of trailer footage we haven't yet seen), and then I imagine episodes eight and nine will finally drop the TV format.
TCTTS
AG
So... who's meeting Monica in "an hour"? Any guesses? We know Strange likely shows up at some point, but seeing as he could be there instantly, I'm guessing it's not him (yet). Either way, I assume we get that reveal by the end of the next episode, and then *maybe* a hint of what Hayward is up to.
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

Hayward is DEFINITELY a villain.

Here's the thing... I don't think so now... to a certain extent... episodes 1-5 and the start of this one... my initial thought was he is an obvious dick... and he was trying to stop Wanda... and because he didn't, knowing well what she's capable of doing... that aftermath happens... the BIGGEST thing I feel is it's all misdirection... they want us to hate him... hell, they even bring in the character Woo who learns misdirection from Ant Man.... we as the viewers behind the 4th wall can see ourself in Darcy, woo and Rambone... and that 4th wall just broke...
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Didn't Monica say that he is an aerospace engineer?
TCTTS
AG
But Darcy literally said he's hiding something big. Granted, that could be misdirection as well, but he just seems to TOO villainous at this point for it to be a fake out. Who knows, though. Your guess is as good as mine, and that's what I love about this show. We have no freaking clue. All I know is that the ScreenCrush recap video tomorrow is going to be a ton of fun.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, in episode four she said she had a friend who's an aerospace engineer, but they didn't make an explicit connection that the person she referenced in this episodes is the same person she referenced in episode four. I'm not saying it's not the same person, but everyone seems convinced that the aerospace engineer is Reed Richard, and if he is indeed the one showing up in an hour, that's going to be MASSIVE news and a HUGE casting announcement that I don't see how they could have kept under wraps this long. That said, Disney pulled off the Luke surprise, so maybe they pulled off something nearly as big here...
Saxsoon
AG
DEMON SPAWN, they ****ing said it

Also very interesting that we saw Xmen Pietro with the Marvel Peitro bullets.

Agnes seemed fully under control of Wanda

Very Malcom in the Middle Vibes

Definitely setting up Monica as Photon from the comics.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
I completely missed the demon spawn thing. Who said it? Pietro?
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

I completely missed the demon spawn thing. Who said it? Pietro?
Yeah he called his nephews Demon Spawn

Oooooh we get Hexed Darcy, that should be fun
Saxsoon
AG

Also the Kick-ass reference considering Aaron Taylor Johnson was on the nose and perfect

TCTTS
AG
Gotcha, thanks. Figured it had to be during one of his quick spiels. And yeah, Hexed Darcy should be fun. Trying to think of the docu-comedy character type she could play...
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Gotcha, thanks. Figured it had to be during one of his quick spiels. And yeah, Hexed Darcy should be fun. Trying to think of the docu-comedy character type she could play...
We are getting the 2 Broke Girls Wandavision crossover no one wanted
TCTTS
Saxsoon
AG
Kinda the first commercial ad I didn't quite get the refererence to
AMW2010
AG
I wonder what she's gonna look like when we see her next. All the agents seemed to turn into clowns and everything turned into a circus. Did y'all get jump scared with quicksilver? That would got me, but not as much when they did it with Vision
C@LAg
Great episode, especially the parts inside Westview.

But the pacing and the storyline outside the hex during the first half was just all sorts of rushed. Hayward going full villain in 2 seconds flat, the trio taking out soldiers then sneaking back in, Darcy being able to hack military network security. That part was all a bit eye rolling and cliche, something we have not really had much of in all of the MCU.

1. Project cataracts - because cataracts impair Vision.
2a. The growing hex rewriting genetic code - creating mutants eventually? So a reverse House of M.
2b. Monica blowing off the whole impact to her cells was very off. Especially with her mom having died of cancer. that just seemed... very detached.
3a. Still cannot figure out the association with the commercial. The two actors were not in it, of course. Something feeding off magic is the best i can come up with. So it creates a world where Wanda is content so that the Big Bad can feed on her powers?
3b. Vampire reference for Pietro, feeding off someone else, kind of like the commercial, draining the child?
4. Lots of hell, demons, etc references this episode (NJ charming a s hell, reference to the kids being demon spawn or something like that. Guess we are getting Mephisto.
5. A Vision based weapon could be a precuror to Sentinels (for general purpose use, later for mutants).
6. Herb knew things were going to happen before they did. Who was telegraphing it to him? Also he mentioned changing things like Agnes did last episode.
7. Yeah, the person has got to be Reed Richards now as well.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
AMW2010
AG
At the start, Agnes booty says Naughty on it... I had to slow it down to read what was on it in case it was a secret meaning
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Amending my prediction from earlier this week...

Hayward is *working for* the main villain, he's not the main villain in disguise. Hayward was potentially either compromised at some point before the events of the show, or there was some kind of mutually beneficial deal reached between him and the main villain. We still have over an hour and a half of story left - maybe even closer to two hours depending on the length of the finale - which is more than enough time for the big bad (Mephisto?) to reveal him (or her) self.

Maybe something like...

Episode 7 - by the end of the episode, reveal who's meeting Monica in "an hour."

Episode 8 - by the end of the episode, reveal the ultimate villain.

Episode 9 - climactic battle, reveal Monica's super powers, Strange shows up.

(I could also see the E7/8 scenarios above being reversed.)
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Mr. Robot is the only mainstream show (or movie) to accurately depict hacking on screen, and make it legit suspenseful. It proved that we can move past all the silly, uber-slick folder and pop-up window nonsense. Just seeing the actual, raw code, and filming it in a cool/suspenseful way (close-ups on the code being written, close-ups on the hacker, cutting back and forth between the impending/approaching figurative ticking time bomb), is so much more effective than all the glossy, overly-designed, computer graphic bullsh*t like we saw tonight (my only complaint in an otherwise stellar episode).
Post removed:
by user
Andyzipp
AG
TCTTS said:

Amending my prediction from earlier this week...

Hayward is *working for* the main villain, he's not the main villain in disguise. Hayward was potentially either compromised at some point before the events of the show, or there was some kind of mutually beneficial deal reached between him and the main villain. We still have over an hour and a half of story left - maybe even closer to two hours depending on the length of the finale - which is more than enough time for the big bad (Mephisto?) to reveal him (or her) self.

Maybe something like...

Episode 7 - by the end of the episode, reveal who's meeting Monica in "an hour."

Episode 8 - by the end of the episode, reveal the ultimate villain.

Episode 9 - climactic battle, reveal Monica's super powers, Strange shows up.

(I could also see the E7/8 scenarios above being reversed.)
I'm thinking that Hayward is a villain, but separate from whoever will be the big bad. I'm totally just speculating here, but his role seems to the person who ended up with Vision's "corpse" and was actively dissecting it trying to turn it into a weapon. Someone (like an agent of the big bad) let Wanda know what was happening to take advantage for all the other fun (twins). Hayward is a bad guy, but he's minor in the grand scheme.
bluefire579
AG
So the rewiring genetic code seems to be where we're going to get mutants from, but I guess the question now is are all those people in there going to be all the mutants, or are they going to do something that expands the bubble even farther?
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.