Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,927 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

Capitol Ag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sounds like a misdirection.
I won't believe anything as you could be right. At this point, with so many Easter eggs to guess about, I'm just going to go in expecting everything and nothing at the same time. I honestly just want a good and compelling, well written and acted show to entertain me until the next installment of the MCU in 2 weeks with Falcon and Winter Soldier.
I'm really looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier. Mackie and Stan's chemistry is go good. Hope this one is as good as I hope it will be!
I have little interest in FaWS, but I am all in on Loki.

hopefully we get new trailers for both shows tomorrow.
Beat40
C@LAg said:

Beat40 said:

Capitol Ag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sounds like a misdirection.
I won't believe anything as you could be right. At this point, with so many Easter eggs to guess about, I'm just going to go in expecting everything and nothing at the same time. I honestly just want a good and compelling, well written and acted show to entertain me until the next installment of the MCU in 2 weeks with Falcon and Winter Soldier.
I'm really looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier. Mackie and Stan's chemistry is go good. Hope this one is as good as I hope it will be!
I have little interest in FaWS, but I am all in on Loki.

hopefully we get new trailers for both shows tomorrow.
I"m looking forward to Loki as well. That one will be fun. Going to be a good time seeing where they take this show, especially considering this is the Loki before Ragnarok.

I just like Mackie and Stan's chemistry. I do hope it's not too campy. I'm interested to see what direction it goes.
TCTTS
AG
Just heard an interesting idea about how one aspect of the ending could play out. It's that the twins somehow get caught up or lost in the multiverse, and it's Wanda who seeks out Strange in the final scene, hoping he can help her navigate the multiverse to get the twins back. Would certainly give Wanda a clear goal heading into Strange 2, rather than her being this aimless, wounded soul who Strange takes under his wing. I think this is my favorite theory yet.
Beat40
TCTTS said:

Just heard an interesting idea about how one aspect of the ending could play out. It's that the twins somehow get caught up or lost in the multiverse, and it's Wanda who seeks out Strange in the final scene, hoping he can help her navigate the multiverse to get the twins back. Would certainly give Wanda a clear goal heading into Strange 2, rather than her being this aimless, wounded soul who Strange takes under his wing. I think this is my favorite theory yet.
In her interview with Fallon, Elizabeth Olsen said Wandavision directly tees up her character for Strange 2.

Something along the lines of her seeking out Strange may be how this show ends. The director did say based on the theories floating around that there is some potential for fans to be disappointed.

I think an ending with Wanda searching for Strange without him making an appearance would fit that bill.

Excited to find out.
C@LAg
i just cannot see a finale that does not feature Strange in it somehow.

C@LAg
not that any of us are not but....

Vice President & Creative Executive,
@Marvel
New Media
AMW2010
AG
?itemid=18482253
TCTTS
AG
Do you live in the future?
FincAg
AG
I believe he is saying "I am closing it down and will see you on the other side." Meaning he will be posting after watching the finale early AM.
TCTTS
AG
Read his post on the previous page, though. He was off by two hours on his countdown. So I'm wondering if he's just sitting there refreshing Disney+ right now, or if he does indeed live in the future.
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

Do you live in the future?

bearkatag15
AG
i've never stayed up for the release. what time does it typically come out?
C@LAg
TCTTS
AG
3 AM Eastern, Midnight Pacific.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

11AM Wakanda Time
FincAg
AG
Ha, didn't see that! Makes a bit more sense.
bearkatag15
AG
TCTTS said:

well hell... I figured it was midnight CST... I guess I'll fight through it and stay up. I'm committed to this
C@LAg
just posted; thank yous to the fans

Gangnam Style
AG
it's up!!
AMW2010
AG
Episode dropped early
C@LAg
Gangnam Style said:

it's up!!
YAY BLUE PILL!
AMW2010
AG
BoydCrowder13
Show kind of peaked in episode 5 and 6. Still a good series but kind of underwhelming after the build up.
bearkatag15
AG
Pretty disappointed
YNWA_AG
AG
Questioning how we can get to the multiverse happening in spiderman 3
AAggie
Sooo Vision is back.. right?
jetescamilla
AG
Eh, not a great finale
AMW2010
AG
That last episode was the end of the series with no real feeling of an end in my opinion. To me, it felt like tony snapping his fingers and then the credits just started rolling.
TCTTS
AG
I'll say this...

For a show about grief, and its thematic execution via Wanda's character arc, it was an immensely clever and emotionally satisfying achievement. That aspect was phenomenal, and incredibly well done.

But in terms of moving the plot of the MCU forward, it was definitely lacking. And perhaps more importantly, it signaled that the Disney+ shows aren't going to "count" as much as the movies, which is somewhat disappointing. Or encouraging, depending on how you look at it, if you want the theatrical experience to remain king. But based on Marvel's official word alone, outside of all the guessing games, I still expected more in that in regard.

fig96
AG
While you're not wrong, I do think this gives some backstory and lead in for the upcoming "multiverse" phase of the MCU that would have been lacking otherwise.

I am curious if Falcon and Winter Soldier moves anything forward or is more of a Lethal Weapon type buddy cop vehicle that's just some fun action (which I would be totally ok with).
C@LAg
I liked it. it was much more straightforward than all the bull**** theories we and everyone online was coming up with.

So many of you jones about these shows being weekly giving us time to talk about them, but it also gives way too much time to overhype and overanalyze and come up with so many possible whatifs that can be built on that inevitably there will be let down from any ending since none of us have to deal with budgets and reality in all of our guessing.

I think the emotional resolution was perfect. Wanda did not win - no happy life, no kids, no Vision.
But she was also not punished, which I think is bull***** That part of the ending was too rushed and just didn't exist.

Yay - we still have a Vision, and he will at least have the memories so the character does continue.

The Agatha resolution was perfectly telegraphed, and no one seemed to have guessed it.

The Hayward storyline turned out as dumb as most of us started to realize it was an episode or so ago.

In my mind, i think the problem was it needed one more hour to round out the story for all of the characters, not just Wanda.

TCTTS
AG
True, but that's also basically my point. We were led to believe by Feige himself that the Disney+ series are meant to be more than just backstory and lead-in.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, "so many of you"? I seem to recall you being right there alongside us this entire time, perhaps the guiltiest of all when it comes to theorizing.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, the kernel of this idea did essentially pan out. Based on literally the last couple seconds of the second post credit scene, the twins are still alive and seemingly trapped in some kind of alternate dimension - or multiverse, if you will - which Wanda will likely need help accessing.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Ha, "so many of you"? I seem to recall you being right there alongside us this entire time, perhaps the guiltiest of all when it comes to theorizing.
I corrected it before your edit.

i had started writing a different set of comments and did not fix it all.

But yes, I have admitted many times over the last few weeks being wrong on guesses and pulling out whatifs from various comic stories..

The point still absolutely stands.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.