Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,915 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think AOS is officially in the MCU
fig96
AG
Wouldn't it kind of have to be with several crossover characters in Coulson, Hill, etc.? I thought there had been one or two direct nods in the past as well (haven't watched the past few seasons).
Decay
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I don't think AOS is officially in the MCU
The basic gist is that it's valid in a "spinoff" sense. So like, the MCU happened and AOS pretty much follows everything until about IW. They don't really touch on the snap and diverges from there I'd say.

I wouldn't count anything in Agents of Shield as having anything to do with the rest of the MCU (save maybe season 1) unless they specifically add it in. I'd say the soap thing is a nice example of an easter egg but not a real plot continuity.
Capitol Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

The Debt said:

I wish this were taking place in the mojoverse.
too silly
although I would love for them to introduce Longshot some time in Phase 5.
RIP Shatterstar.

Unless Mojoworld/=Mojoverse. Aren't they the same but in different times?
CoachRTM
AG
Trailers are out for episode 4. Looks like this is the week where we start to venture out of the "bubble" and **** starts to get real.

If you like to go into things un-spoiled, avoid the trailer/teasers.
texasaggie04
AG
Totally random thought that I seriously doubt would happen in the show, but it would be fun to see other ways that roll different tv shows into this. For example, using a talk show as a means of interrogation.
amercer
AG
CoachRTM said:

Trailers are out for episode 4. Looks like this is the week where we start to venture out of the "bubble" and **** starts to get real.

Yeah, for the people complaining that it was moving too slow, I thought last week showed that we had moved into the MCU and weren't headed back. Honestly I was a little surprised they didn't keep the TV bubble going longer.
YNWA_AG
AG
The trailer was wild. I probably wouldn't watch it if I had not seen it
CoachRTM
AG
Yea, if you like to go into things un-spoiled, avoid the trailer/teasers.

I'll add that to my first post
Ornithopter
AG
Thanks for the heads up on not watching the trailers.
AMW2010
AG
Soooooooo you wanna know what happens? Lol
Ornithopter
AG
Time to avoid this thread until I can watch tomorrow evening!
Van Buren Boy
AG
Oh snap!
schmidthead
Good episode!
AMW2010
AG
I see what you did there!!
C@LAg
Finally, some payoff.

And BIG time!

Loved how the use of Voodoo Child" in the end credits ties back to the creepy scene near the end. Provides some context for that scene in retrospect.
Van Buren Boy
AG
I wonder how many people died when they came back. Like if you were crossing a street or on an airplane when you were snapped out of existence. When you come back, could you get hit by a car in the present or fall from the sky?
C@LAg
Van Buren Boy said:

I wonder how many people died when they came back. Like if you were crossing a street or on an airplane when you were snapped out of existence. When you come back, could you get hit by a car in the present or fall from the sky?
or what if a building was built where you disappeared. did some people come back only to be merged into solid concrete? are there buildings with people half in/half out of the walls all over the place?

But one thing this tells us is that the story is occurring almost immediately after Endgame - 3 weeks later.

I look forward to how they resolve Wanda at the end of Endgame with where she is now.
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
Just started but incredible opening to show the trauma of people just reappearing after 5 years. I wish Spiderman could have done this.
Saxsoon
AG
Yesyesyesyesyes!
CoachRTM
AG
Fantastic episode. By far the best one yet.

• The scene with "Grey Vision" was jarring and my wife and I had the same reaction as Wanda.
  • The opening scene was incredibly made and brought you right back to the "standard" MCU
  • Kat Dennings and Randall Park are great. Love all the side characters that the Marvel team has us invested in.

Great, great stuff.
Saxsoon
AG
Darcy snacking while watching and saying what I am invested was so good
Post removed:
by user
bluefire579
AG
Asian Jim
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Holy smokes, that was incredible.

The opening was a fantastic punch of emotion.
Agent Woo using a simple magic trick to flash his card was a fantastic callback to him trying to get ant man to teach him slight of hand in Ant Man 2. Loved that attention to detail.
Holy ****, Gray vision at the end. WOAH. Jarring and spooky.

This show is fantastic!
Thanks and gig'em
CowtownAg06
AG
There something more with Agnes (Kathryn Hahn) than the others. I think she was the only who didn't get ID'd. I'm guessing she's the villain and this isn't all Wanda's doing.
BoydCrowder13
CowtownAg06 said:

There something more with Agnes (Kathryn Hahn) than the others. I think she was the only who didn't get ID'd. I'm guessing she's the villain and this isn't all Wanda's doing.

I think she is serving the true villain. Her missing husband "Ralph" is going to be the guy. You can look up spoilers online if you want to know who people think that is.
imjustsayin
AG
H-O-L-Y. C-A-R-P!!!
What an episode. Grey vision literally made me gaspe with my hands over my mouth.

This show is absolutely incredible.

Honestly I'm at a loss for words after this episode at how well marvel is executing this.

ALL IN!!
rhutton125
AG
The shortness of these episodes is brutal every time.

Gotta say, I thought some of the dialogue this episode was... well, TV-quality? I guess it was a lot to cram into one episode but that's not something you normally say of the MCU.

Glad we're getting somewhere though!
The Dirty Sock
ok, now this show has my attention....and my ax
GiveEmHellBill
AG
CoachRTM said:

• Kat Dennings and Randall Park are great. Love all the side characters that the Marvel team has us invested in.

I want that spinoff.

I want an MCU X-Files type show with Kat Dennings and Randall Park investigating weird stuff dealing with minor MCU characters/creatures.

Also, when are we going to find out what happened to the bee keeper SWORD agent? He wasn't expelled, so..........?
The Dirty Sock
Then they can make diq jokes the whole show. Two Broke Agents.
AND I SAY, ENGLAND'S GREATEST PRIME MINISTER WAS LORD PALMERSTON!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Also, I noticed when we first see Agent Woo, he mentions that everything went "hinky."

"What does that mean.....'hinky?'"
"I don't know. It's strange."
"Then why don't you just say strange or weird. I mean "hinky"....that has no meaning!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now THIS is what I've been waiting for. Good stuff.

That opening scene was so good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.