Wandavision Discussion Thread

191,638 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spoylerz:

So there are leaks that say the awakened citizens of Westview unite as a mob and declare war on Elphaba Agatha. Glinda Wanda realizes that Agatha is just a pawn in things and goes to warn her.

In the meantime, Agatha is holding Dorothy Dottie and a rematerialized Sparky Toto hostage.

After a confrontation between Agatha and "Wanda and The Super Hexxers" power team, Wanda and Agatha make up and Agatha lets Dottie go.

Agatha gives Wanda the Darkhold and they suddenly burst into a song.

Finally Dottie throws a bucket of water on Agatha, where she appears to melt.

And then comes the final confrontation between Wanda and the Wizard White Vision..
TCTTS
AG
At this point, my expectations/predictions are as follows...

1) Half the episode or so will be devoted to the final battle. Likely Agatha vs. Wanda, White Vision vs. New Vision, and Pietro vs. Monica. At least to start out. The dynamics will change, of course, especially with Hayward/SWORD in the mix, and alternate/unexpected alliances will be formed.

2) White Vision and Hex Vision will of course fight, but will ultimately (and perhaps unintentionally) merge to become New Vision, so that the character can live on beyond the Hex (and in additional movies).

3) Doctor Strange appears in the final 5-10 minutes. Potentially, he shows up at the end of the final battle to help save the day/tip the scales, then takes Wanda under his wing/care, setting up Doctor Strange 2.

4) Hayward dies, as do some random SWORD agents. Everyone else lives, including Agatha and the twins.

5) However, the twins are left to someone else's care (Monica? Fury?) for proper training, while Wanda gets her sh*t together in DS2.

6) A big-bad villain reveal - the puppet master pulling the strings - setting up the villain for Doctor Strange 2. The caveat is that this is a final reveal, either in the last scene of the episode or, more likely, in a post-credits scene.

7) No Luke Skywalker-level character/actor reveal or cameo.

All that said, I'm not remotely confident in any of the above, and am most likely way off base...
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

you would need a 2 hour flick for all of that to happen in though. i am really curious how they get this thing wrapped up. the way the show has been going you would really think we are hitting mid season not the last episode.
not if there is an initial battle (fewer participants), then a secondary larger battle.

everything else just kinds of fits around those.
TCTTS
AG
I'm not really listing a bunch of time-consuming stuff, though. Hardly any of it, save for the fight stuff, takes up any time at all. Outside of the fights, I'm not really describing any scenes or anything save for a potential big-bag reveal, and if post-credits, that would literally just be like thirty seconds max. Otherwise, what else are they going to do for 50 minutes?
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.
AMW2010
AG
They said more CGI used in this episode than in the last battle in endgame.... going out on a limb. Ow and saying some big BS
TCTTS
AG
I've read this post five times now trying to understand what you're saying. I have yet to succeed.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
I speak jive:
translation:
going out on a limb now and calling BS
TCTTS
AG
Ah, yes. Ha, that makes sense.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
Interview with Matt Shakman, director of all episodes of Wandavision.

He comes off as someone you definitely want to have a drink with.

I think one of the un-discussed strengths of this show was no mixing of directors like some other shows have done. You get a better, more cohesive feel to the story and it does not come off as disjointed as (e.g.) Mando.

AMW2010
AG
Damn... my fingers really need to hit the right keys more often, and auto correct just takes over! My bad.

I believe it was Paul Bethany said in an interview that they used more CGI in the last episode of wandavision than they did during the entire final battle in avengers:Endgame. I am going to call BS on that. I can't imagine this last episode is jam packed with that much CGI.
Beat40
The interviewer made an offhand comment that the color of each person's magic being a different color is the MCU's version of the lightsaber.

I really hope we get some more magic on magic fighting a la light saber fight scenes whether it be in Wandavision or Doctor Strange 2
C@LAg
Beat40 said:

The interviewer made an offhand comment that the color of each person's magic being a different color is the MCU's version of the lightsaber.

I really hope we get some more magic on magic fighting a la light saber fight scenes whether it be in Wandavision or Doctor Strange 2
let's not forget. there are some ties from the upcoming Loki series into Dr Strange as well, and Loki is a big magic user.

i would not be shocked at all if the Loki series ends with him being turned into Kid Loki so he can be in the Young Avengers storylines.
C@LAg
Not saying this is relevant but kind of cool, not the first time musical artists crib from the story to shape the music.

I was looking on wikipedia to see who wrote each episode and read the the section about "Music" and saw this reference:

In order to tie their themes together, Lopez and Anderson-Lopez created a four-note motif that worked in each of the theme song styles. The first two notes of the motif are a major octave, and the last two are a tritone, which is also known as "the devil's interval"; this was their way of saying musically that the series was a "big bright-colored swing while also being really unsettling".Lopez described the motif as "kind of like the WandaVision call-out, easily identifiable in some way in each song" that was incorporated in different ways each time.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1429949/devils-interval-what-makes-music-sound-scary/

Played in sequence or together, the notes F and B clash in a way that feels twitchy, unnatural, foreboding. (If you don't have a keyboard handy, think of the first two notes of Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" or Metallica's "Enter Sandman"or American police sirens.)

It's this interval that folks in the dark ages and the Renaissance called diablous in musicaliterally, "Satan in music." Modern music theorists know it as the tritone (as well as a diminished fifth, or an augmented fourth), though it's also called the devil's interval or the devil's triad.

"The reason it's unsettling is that it's ambiguous, unresolved," Gerald Moshell, music professor at Trinity College in Connecticut, told NPR. "You don't know where it'll go, but it can't stop where it is."

To put it another way, if you change one of the two notes just slightly, the dissonance turns to harmony. What's really happening when we hear dissonance has to do with the relationship between frequencies.

The two pitches of the devil's interval create a much more complicated ratio of frequencies than other intervalswhich makes them, therefore, much harder for the human ear to reconcile. (For instance, using our C major example, the frequency ratio of C to G is 3:2, while for the tritone, it's 45:32, according to Classical FM.)

TCTTS
AG
Just rewatched Age of Ultron for the first time since the theater, to prep for tomorrow's finale, and it was honestly... damn good? I guess I get why it got a bad wrap at the time, but I thought it was actually pretty fun, featured some great action, with some phenomenal lines and call backs. Really great thematic elements too. Sure, it almost feels quaint now, but it's still impressive as hell. Would recommend giving it a another chance for those who haven't yet.
AMW2010
AG
C@LAg said:

Not saying this is relevant but kind of cool, not the first time musical artists crib from the story to shape the music.

I was looking on wikipedia to see who wrote each episode and read the the section about "Music" and saw this reference:

In order to tie their themes together, Lopez and Anderson-Lopez created a four-note motif that worked in each of the theme song styles. The first two notes of the motif are a major octave, and the last two are a tritone, which is also known as "the devil's interval"; this was their way of saying musically that the series was a "big bright-colored swing while also being really unsettling".Lopez described the motif as "kind of like the WandaVision call-out, easily identifiable in some way in each song" that was incorporated in different ways each time.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1429949/devils-interval-what-makes-music-sound-scary/

Played in sequence or together, the notes F and B clash in a way that feels twitchy, unnatural, foreboding. (If you don't have a keyboard handy, think of the first two notes of Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" or Metallica's "Enter Sandman"or American police sirens.)

It's this interval that folks in the dark ages and the Renaissance called diablous in musicaliterally, "Satan in music." Modern music theorists know it as the tritone (as well as a diminished fifth, or an augmented fourth), though it's also called the devil's interval or the devil's triad.

"The reason it's unsettling is that it's ambiguous, unresolved," Gerald Moshell, music professor at Trinity College in Connecticut, told NPR. "You don't know where it'll go, but it can't stop where it is."

To put it another way, if you change one of the two notes just slightly, the dissonance turns to harmony. What's really happening when we hear dissonance has to do with the relationship between frequencies.

The two pitches of the devil's interval create a much more complicated ratio of frequencies than other intervalswhich makes them, therefore, much harder for the human ear to reconcile. (For instance, using our C major example, the frequency ratio of C to G is 3:2, while for the tritone, it's 45:32, according to Classical FM.)

I hate the circle of 5ths, when I teach my students we just do everything in a chromatic pattern, less to think about LOL was not expecting to see this video on here!
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

Just rewatched Age of Ultron for the first time since the theater, to prep for tomorrow's finale, and it was honestly... damn good? I guess I get why it got a bad wrap at the time, but I thought it was actually pretty fun, featured some great action, with some phenomenal lines and call backs. Really great thematic elements too. Sure, it almost feels quaint now, but it's still impressive as hell. Would recommend giving it a another chance for those who haven't yet.

texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm not really listing a bunch of time-consuming stuff, though. Hardly any of it, save for the fight stuff, takes up any time at all. Outside of the fights, I'm not really describing any scenes or anything save for a potential big-bag reveal, and if post-credits, that would literally just be like thirty seconds max. Otherwise, what else are they going to do for 50 minutes?

Agree about possible post credits scene.

Post credits scene could really be as simple as the book falls off the shelf and flips through pages and we see a silhouette of a figure emerge.

Or the basement collapses after a battle and a bunch of red smoke seeps up through the rubble.
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

Does Dr. Strange showing up to clean up the mess not qualify as this?
goadius6
AG
Is Wanda supposed to make an appearance in DrStrange 2?
Saxsoon
AG
goadius6 said:

Is Wanda supposed to make an appearance in DrStrange 2?

She is second billing to Benedictine Order of the Cucumber
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Beat40
So....Yes?
Capitol Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Started it last night and had to pause at the point The Vision picks up Thor's Hammer and hands it to Thor, so we could put the kids to bed plus I had the post 2nd dose covid vaccine hangovers. To me this is such huge scene showing that Vision is not only good, but "worthy" as they make such a big point about that in the movie earlier with the "try outs" to pick up Mjollnir. The Vision is more than just a good guy, he's like Thor and Cap, worthy in the highest degree. I wonder if that plays a role in the last episode.
Capitol Ag
AG
Quad Dog said:

Quote:

Does Dr. Strange showing up to clean up the mess not qualify as this?
To me, not at all. Younger, in his prime Luke showing up was massive. Fans have waited almost 4 decades to see this. Dr. Strange has a movie coming and was just in Endgame last year. While seeing another current "Avenger" or MCU character in this show is great and exciting no doubt, it's not like Wanda and Vision are not in their own right big time Avengers and will be bigger going forward if Vision is able to stick around obviously. Wanda will be a very big character going forward.
Farmer1906
AG
Short of Tony Stark showing up alive, is there anyone that could come close to the "Luke" reveal. I just don't think it's possible.
Capitol Ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Short of Tony Stark showing up alive, is there anyone that could come close to the "Luke" reveal. I just don't think it's possible.
Agree. Luke is too hard to beat. You could have Toby M (1st Spider-Man), Professor X, Magneto and Logan from the original X-Men and Deadpool all show up in a scene and while the buzz would be fantastic, it still wouldn't reduce large amounts of people to tears like Luke did. Maybe me for Deadpool, but I'm just weird like that.
israeliag
AG
Chadwick Boseman.

Hugh Jackman Wolverine.

Old Cap?
CoachRTM
AG
Even Stark wouldn't be on Luke's level, IMO.

I think the only one that would be close is if they had footage of T'Challa/ Chadwick Boseman... and that doesn't make any sense.

This whole cameo thing got blown way out of proportion. Sounds like even the director is trying to tamper expectations for the finale.

Edit : beat to the punch by 1 minute.
israeliag
AG
It apparently took me two minutes to come up with those since CapitolAg posted after I clicked reply but befor I hit post.
YNWA_AG
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Sounds like a misdirection.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I feel like people have latched on to the "Luke Reveal". In the interview, Olsen only implies that there are shocking cameos and casting that haven't leaked, much like Luke didn't leak on The Mandalorian. I think Evan Peters showing up fulfilled that. I don't think she was implying that there is someone with that kind of gravitas or meaning to the fans going to show up on the show. Websites have been using that snippet and spinning it into speculation to get traffic, but no one associated with the show has really participated in continuing that thread, except Paul Bettany, which at this point, I'm pretty sure he has been pulling our legs this whole time and referring to himself. I really do think all shocking cameos and casting have been done, and Doctor Strange is probably the most likely new person to show up at this point, if he even does.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.