Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,941 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alternate theory:

It's Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). Jane and Wanda get together and lament their lost love interests in Thor and Vision and suddenly realize they are actually in love with one another.
Saxsoon
AG
Harry Lime said:

Relax everyone; it's gonna be Wong.

Clearly Luke level.

Or even Anakin

Ornithopter
AG
Maybe it will be Luke Skywalker, and begin the crossover we've all wanted.
TCTTS
AG
Weird, CGI Luke Skywalker starts showing up at the end of *every* Disney+ show.
Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

Weird, CGI Luke Skywalker starts showing up at the end of *every* Disney+ show.

He takes the twins away to train them in the force with Grogu!
Sex Panther
AG
Bucky is going to show up in the Halloween episode dressed as Luke Skywalker. Hell they both even have robot hands.
Whos Juan
AG
We all know Wanda and Vision will get tired of Agnes being a nosey neighbor. They're going to need some better home security. Enter:
Flashdiaz
AG
YouBet said:

Alternate theory:

It's Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). Jane and Wanda get together and lament their lost love interests in Thor and Vision and suddenly realize they are actually in love with one another.

Followed by intense scissoring
Dro07
TCTTS
AG
Very interesting idea below. I was aware that WandaVision takes place months before Far From Home, but I never thought about the events of WandaVision possibly *affecting* Far From Home. In fact, what if the alternate reality Wanda has created in Westview ends up being ground zero in some way for the multiverse? We all seemingly agree that Doctor Strange almost certainly shows up toward the end of WandaVision, seeing as Wanda is in in the Multiverse of Madness, and Marvel themselves have confirmed WandaVision sets up that movie. But I hadn't considered WandaVision creating/opening the multiverse itself prior to that movie. Not only does that make total sense, though, considering Wanda is literally creating a new reality right now, but in the Multiverse of Madness premieres *after* the next Spider-Man movie, and we know S3 will lean heavily on the multiverse as well. In other words, that means the multiverse would almost have to be introduced in WandaVision. If so, the possibilities are endless for that big rumored cameo...

TCTTS
AG
Just thought of an appearance that wouldn't quite rival Luke, but might be close...

There's a rumor that for in the Multiverse of Madness they're trying to get Tom Cruise to cameo as an alt-universe Tony Stark, since he was originally attached to the role before Downey, in an iteration prior to the MCU. But what if Wanda accidentally creates/opens the multiverse in some way, then, in the finale, IRON MAN himself shows up to save the day. Everyone's like, "What the hell? We thought you were dead?!" and Wanda says, "I was at your funeral." But then, finally, his mask opens up, it's TOM CRUISE, and we cut to black.

There's zero chance that actually happens, of course, but MAYBE we get something along those lines in terms of some kind of out-of-left-field, multiverse iteration of a character played by a big a star.
Post removed:
by user
Capitol Ag
AG
YouBet said:

Alternate theory:

This could get interesting
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Very interesting idea below. I was aware that WandaVision takes place months before Far From Home, but I never thought about the events of WandaVision possibly *affecting* Far From Home. In fact, what if the alternate reality Wanda has created in Westview ends up being ground zero in some way for the multiverse? We all seemingly agree that Doctor Strange almost certainly shows up toward the end of WandaVision, seeing as Wanda is in in the Multiverse of Madness, and Marvel themselves have confirmed WandaVision sets up that movie. But I hadn't considered WandaVision creating/opening the multiverse itself prior to that movie. Not only does that make total sense, though, considering Wanda is literally creating a new reality right now, but in the Multiverse of Madness premieres *after* the next Spider-Man movie, and we know S3 will lean heavily on the multiverse as well. In other words, that means the multiverse would almost have to be introduced in WandaVision. If so, the possibilities are endless for that big rumored cameo...

Some have wondered if that is why everyone bought Beck being from the multiverse because of what happens in Westview
bobinator
AG
I like where this is going, but Wanda isn't creating her own universe, she's just altering the reality of this one (so far) right?
jeffk
AG
Huh. People think JJJ in Far From Home is from another universe?
amercer
AG
jeffk said:

Huh. People think JJJ in Far From Home is from another universe?

A universe where Sony screwed up the ending of FFF and messed up future stories for its most profitable character? Maybe.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Just thought of an appearance that wouldn't quite rival Luke, but might be close...

There's a rumor that for in the Multiverse of Madness they're trying to get Tom Cruise to cameo as an alt-universe Tony Stark, since he was originally attached to the role before Downey, in an iteration prior to the MCU. But what if Wanda accidentally creates/opens the multiverse in some way, then, in the finale, IRON MAN himself shows up to save the day. Everyone's like, "What the hell? We thought you were dead?!" and Wanda says, "I was at your funeral." But then, finally, his mask opens up, it's TOM CRUISE, and we cut to black.

There's zero chance that actually happens, of course, but MAYBE we get something along those lines in terms of some kind of out-of-left-field, multiverse iteration of a character played by a big a star.
In that case, there is only option here and I don't know why you and your ilk on here continue to ignore it.....

imjustsayin
AG
The multiverse pump fake in FFH came and went but I've never thought about the fact that how would Beck even know what a multiverse is if it wasn't a thing.

... so perhaps there is some merit to the notion that WV opens up the MV in timeline before FFH and of course dr strange and the multiverse of madness (what a mouthful title that one is).

Oh and I just thought it was cool to be the 600th post on this thread!
bobinator
AG
Just for my own sanity, when it comes to the MCU and the multiverse the only direct instances so far have been the Avengers jumping timelines to steal the infinity stones (and the results thereof) right?
Quad Dog
AG
Pretty crazy there are 600 replies on a thread about a show with four aired episodes for a grand total of 121 minutes of runtime.
AgfromHOU
AG
That was timeline shenanigans, not multiversal shenanigans
bobinator
AG
But alternate timelines are the multiverse right? Isn't that what Banner and the Ancient One were talking about with their splitting branches thing?
MASAXET
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says shenanigans.
AgfromHOU
AG
Multiverse would be alternate universes where history is different. Like one universe has Ben Affleck as murderous Batman while another has Iain Glenn be a mostly passive Bruce Wayne. A lot of variables are different instead of just one point in time changing.

They were talking about time branching (think Darkest Timeline from Community). It's sort of its own thing, but still within the universe.
AgfromHOU
AG
MASAXET said:

AgfromHOU said:

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says shenanigans.

I swear to God I am going to pistol whip you for not putting up with the word shenanigans
Capitol Ag
AG
imjustsayin said:

The multiverse pump fake in FFH came and went but I've never thought about the fact that how would Beck even know what a multiverse is if it wasn't a thing.

... so perhaps there is some merit to the notion that WV opens up the MV in timeline before FFH and of course dr strange and the multiverse of madness (what a mouthful title that one is).

In the bar scene in FFH after Peter gives Beck Tony's glasses, Beck is congratulating his crew and credits one of them for coming up with the multiverse idea. Technically, Beck didn't originate then parallel Earth idea, a guy working for him did. So that got me thinking. A lot of Beck's crew worked for Stark. Could it be possible that while Beck and the others thought the multiverse thing was just fiction that was easily believed in a time after Thanos, the bilp and the realization that space has a lot of intelligent life in it we never knew existed on the whole (outside of SHEILD and SWORD) and totally made up by the guy (I cannot remember his name), this guy had some connection to and he actually knew the multiverse existed and just acted like he had made it up?
bobinator
AG
See, to me time branching and an alternate universe are the same thing. People in them aren't aware of the others and you can't travel between them without (insert mcguffin here). The only difference in your examples is just how far back history split them so how many things are different now.
degreedy
AG
Capitol Ag said:

imjustsayin said:

In the bar scene in FFH after Peter gives Beck Tony's glasses, Beck is congratulating his crew and credits one of them for coming up with the multiverse idea. Technically, Beck didn't originate then parallel Earth idea, a guy working for him did. So that got me thinking. A lot of Beck's crew worked for Stark. Could it be possible that while Beck and the others thought the multiverse thing was just fiction that was easily believed in a time after Thanos, the bilp and the realization that space has a lot of intelligent life in it we never knew existed on the whole (outside of SHEILD and SWORD) and totally made up by the guy (I cannot remember his name), this guy had some connection to and he actually knew the multiverse existed and just acted like he had made it up?
you guys are really stretching here..........
AgfromHOU
AG
I get that, but the multiverse has different players in it, whereas time branching has the same players that just make different choices or have different things happen that cause a new future for that timeline.

There's sort of a grey area there really, and is open to interpretation.

Multiverse in Marvel's sense could be like the MCU and its time branches are its own thing, and then there's the Sony universe, the Fox X-Men universe all being one multiverse. Each are vastly different but can still be connected under the multiversal umbrella. Bringing in Quicksilver from the Fox X-Men to Wandavision is multiversal because he's different than the Quicksilver in the MCU, whereas in Endgame when they defeat 2014 Thanos and that timeline just goes on relatively the same, sans Thanos.

I think I'm having a hard time trying to explain my understanding of it in a way that makes sense over a wall of text.
Capitol Ag
AG
NPH- said:

Capitol Ag said:

imjustsayin said:

you guys are really stretching here..........
Probably so. But once they announced a multiverse direction to the MCU, or at least I became aware of it, I immediately thought back to how Beck uses a parallel universe story to throw off the good guys. It just seemed like a lot of coincidence for these guys to use that and it actually existed. But it may be.
bobinator
AG
"Someone made it up, but it also actually exists" might be a theme in phase four. We already know an actual Mandarin is coming right?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, because to me that still sounds like the same thing.

Ex1: I go back to yesterday in your timeline and punch a rando in the face and then return to my own timeline/universe. Not much has changed. There's a split because in one timeline/universe a rando got punched and not in the other, but otherwise mostly the same.

Ex2: 2,000 years ago a rando got punched, it was Jesus, he turns evil, and now, 2000 years later, this timeline is an apocalyptic hellscape.

Same mechanism, just difference of timing right?
Capitol Ag
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I get that, but the multiverse has different players in it, whereas time branching has the same players that just make different choices or have different things happen that cause a new future for that timeline.

There's sort of a grey area there really, and is open to interpretation.

Multiverse in Marvel's sense could be like the MCU and its time branches are its own thing, and then there's the Sony universe, the Fox X-Men universe all being one multiverse. Each are vastly different but can still be connected under the multiversal umbrella. Bringing in Quicksilver from the Fox X-Men to Wandavision is multiversal because he's different than the Quicksilver in the MCU, whereas in Endgame when they defeat 2014 Thanos and that timeline just goes on relatively the same, sans Thanos.
Agree. The multiverse would be like the upcoming What If series from Marvel where Peggy is a version of Captain America (but British of course) and Steve doesn't take the serum but instead Howard Stark makes an Iron Man suit for him. Or, as TCTTS stated, Iron Man would be a different looking Tony Stark (Tom Cruise) in another universe or not Tony but a different person all together. Think more along the lines of Man in the High Castle here or Into the Spiderverse where Peter Parker is Blonde in one universe, brown haired in the Peter B Parker universe etc.

The time branching would be a new iteration of the current MCU where life goes on aftee the stones are taken by the Avengers and they are not returned in time. And even then, one could argue that as long as the stones not being returned is a possibility, then that possibility must exist in a parallel universe regardless. SO Cap probably did set things right but just the fact that they traveled in time meant parallel universes were created. For instance, Hawkeye took one of his son's baseball glove. Small thing but overall that could start a chain of reactions that would be different then their current time line unless they returned the glove the moment after Hawkeye left. It was never addressed but it seems that they did not have enough Pym particles to do that. Think about it simply like this. The kiddo can't find his glove. That alone creates a scenario where they look for it which takes time and didn't happen in the current MCU past. Now one of the parents has to go buy a new one. They deviates from what happened in Hawkeyes actual past and, as they say, a butterfly flaps its wings. Its a small thing and a throw away action yet if that were to really happen, could create all kinds of greater consequences that had never happened in the current MCU. What if Hawkeye or his wife are in a wreck and die or are seriously injured on the way to the store to get the glove? Big time shift there...
bobinator
AG
Maybe a time branch is created by messing with time, whether on purpose or by accident where a universe evolves naturally?

So like:

Universe A: I travel to the quantum realm, come out and steal a dog, I've created a time branch where that dog doesn't exist. But that time branch is still in Universe A. So I have created multiple alternate realities in Universe A by my quantum shenanigans. I guess the question is whether that alternate reality existed before I arrived there, but we're probably not going to settle that today.

Universe B: Dogs never evolved and everyone has raccoons as pets. Universe B is similar to Universe A except for this one small thing, but that small thing wasn't done by any sort of conscious time traveling stuff. Like in 'Into the Spiderverse' where we have a Loony Tunes Universe and a Noir universe or whatever.

Maybe?

Also thanks to everyone willing to let this conversation go, I'm just trying to understand how the MCU might do the Multiverse thing.

(Edit: amazing that this post is post 616 in the thread)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.