Wandavision Discussion Thread

197,911 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd do a lifetime subscription to Disney+ if it is Iron Fist (Netflix version), and it was all part of Wanda's plan to put everyone to sleep from boredom.
bobinator
AG
There are no literal MCU vets that would be Skywalker-esque IMO.
Dro07
AG
no i agree I think it was just for hype. Tony is dead and Cap is old AF that is the only reason i think it maybe one of them?
Malachi Constant
AG
I am really worried about all the spoilers that are seemingly coming out about this week's episode. So here I am checking in to say I'm not reading anything here just saying how awesome I am avoiding spoilers.
bobinator
AG
I actually think there are now so many wild theories that it's made it a little easier to avoid spoilers.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
The tweet is misleading, IMO. Here is the article they are referencing:

https://tvline.com/2021/02/02/wandavision-spoilers-marvel-cinematic-universe-character-returning/

Quote:

When asked if WandaVision has anything similar in store namely a casting that she can't believe hasn't leaked yet Olsen gave us a quick, "Yes." And though she dared not offer any specifics, she did share with a laugh that "I'm really excited" for viewers to see what (or who) is coming.

So the Luke Skywalker speculation is just to generate clicks or interest. The framing isn't hers, but the reporters. So there is surprise casting or cameo coming that hasn't leaked, that she is excited about and that she thinks fans will enjoy. That's all.
Dro07
AG
so it will be the kid from Iron Man 3
bobinator
AG
Not necessarily. It seems to me they asked her if Wandavision has anything like the Luke Skywalker moment in store. And she answered 'yes.' The article specifically says 'when asked if WandaVision has anything similar in store..."

That said, it's also possible that the exchange went like "Will the show have anything like a Luke Skywalker moment from The Mandalorian?" and she was like "What does that mean?" and then they asked "Well like a surprise casting you can't believe hasn't leaked..." and then she said "yes."

It's not super clear what exactly she answered 'yes' to.

The thing I'm not sure on is whether she indicated it was an 'MCU vet' or if that's just how the writer interpreted it, or where that part came from.
redline248
AG
So the article gave the interview or reported on an interview she had with someone else?
bobinator
AG
The TVline article (linked in veryfuller's post) seems to be the original article and interview that's the genesis of all of this.
ChimbosAg
AG
Ok. Interview unclear

Howard the Duck set to make an appearance.
bobinator
AG
Meets the criteria!
CoachRTM
AG
I appreciate the lack of spoilers (I assume) on this thread. I've kept up here, but avoided all other media elsewhere.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Quote:

When asked if WandaVision has anything similar in store namely a casting that she can't believe hasn't leaked yet Olsen gave us a quick, "Yes."
I think it's pretty clear that what she is verifying is what is in bold. The Luke Skywalker comparison is the authors. Is that an MCU vet that is going to appear or just a big name actor playing someone new, we don't know. There is also an interview with Paul Bettany where he confirms acting opposite someone he has wanted to work with for a while and that they have a lot to do together. It sounds like that casting hasn't leaked, so this could be what she is referring to.
YouBet
AG
I've figured this out....it's going to be a major DC / Marvel crossover event.

The Olsen Twins (her sisters IRL) are going to cameo as The Wonder Twins from Superfriends.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

There is also an interview with Paul Bettany where he confirms acting opposite someone he has wanted to work with for a while and that they have a lot to do together.

I saw this interview, he says very specifically that he's always "wanted to work with this guy" and he's very excited about their scenes together... and everyone was sure he was talking about Cumberbatch. However, a quick Google search shows they have already worked together. (I still think Dr. Strange shows up though)

So now I'm really curious who this could be. Patrick Stewart just said he is not playing Professor X again.

https://nerdist.com/article/patrick-stewart-declined-mcu-return-professor-x/

YouBet
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

There is also an interview with Paul Bettany where he confirms acting opposite someone he has wanted to work with for a while and that they have a lot to do together.

I saw this interview, he says very specifically that he's always "wanted to work with this guy" and he's very excited about their scenes together... and everyone was sure he was talking about Cumberbatch. However, a quick Google search shows they have already worked together. (I still think Dr. Strange shows up though)

So now I'm really curious who this could be. Patrick Stewart just said he is not playing Professor X again.

There is another.....
Sex Panther
AG
Now that I think about it... I bet he's talking about Tom Hiddleston. It would make sense to tease Loki somehow
Sex Panther
AG
Good call... but apparently those two were in Wimbledon together
amercer
AG
Sex Panther said:

Now that I think about it... I bet he's talking about Tom Hiddleston. It would make sense to tease Loki somehow

I'm interested to see where they go with Loki. The one that escaped in Endgame was still pretty evil, but I think most fans would expect the somewhat redeemed version that got killed by Thanos.
ChimbosAg
AG
amercer said:

Sex Panther said:

I'm interested to see where they go with Loki. The one that escaped in Endgame was still pretty evil, but I think most fans would expect the somewhat redeemed version that got killed by Thanos.
Tom Hiddleston & Owen Wilson combo should be quite entertaining
bluefire579
AG
double aught said:

Iowaggie said:

What about MCU vet Iron Man?
Edited: Saw that it was first name mentioned.

How about instead, who would be the least interesting cameo? Hawkeye? Thing from FF?
Quicksilver was pretty boring to me. Wasn't bummed when he died.

Now the XMen Quicksilver? That guy was cool.
I still think they should introduce him to the MCU by having Deadpool giving a kiss off to all the Fox X-men, then stopping and grabbing their Quicksilver and saying, "Wait, you come along, I hear they need a new one."
imjustsayin
AG
So there was speculation on this thread that Disney+ would drop both episodes 5 & 6 this Friday... is that confirmed or rebutted?
degreedy
AG
YouBet said:

Sex Panther said:

Quote:

There is another.....
I appreciated this comment, it gave me a good chuckle and a hopeful outlook for a Prof. Xavier/McAvoy reveal.

Him or Fassbender showing up would be a mic-dropping moment.

EDIT: Although I do think ultimately the reveal may be Loki, serving out his time with the TVA.
bobinator
AG
there was a video that had 'episodes 5 and 6 next Friday' but I haven't seen that anywhere else.
degreedy
AG
bobinator said:

there was a video that had 'episodes 5 and 6 next Friday' but I haven't seen that anywhere else.
it is confirmed that episodes 5 & 6 will both be out Friday. Was on one of the promos (sorry can't dig it up right now, on mobile).
Aggie_Journalist
AG
YouBet said:

Sex Panther said:

Quote:

There is another.....

I think there was a story earlier last* year where Mark Hamill said he'd never play Luke Skywalker again, sooooo.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, save for Deadpool, Marvel is almost assuredly rebooting the entire X-Men franchise and moving on from the 20th Century Fox iteration. The chances of any actor from that franchise showing up in-character in the MCU are next to nothing. They *could* surprise us with, say, a newly rebooted/recast Magneto, and use WandaVision as his introduction, but even that seems highly unlikely, as we're likely still another couple years or so off from the MCU even starting to hint at those characters.
bobinator
AG
Magento and WandVision sound like MCU references that didn't purchase the licensing rights
TCTTS
AG
"You'll Never Get Me Magic Treasures!"

bobinator
AG
I think most of us are predicting it's going to be someone we've already seen in the MCU, but it's fun to waste a couple of days theorizing on what would actually be a "Skywalker-esque" cameo.

I have a hard time thinking of anyone that would really be truly surprising if they show up except for people we think are dead. Wanda has basically been a core Avenger more or less for a while so any of them showing up to help her out or see what's happened wouldn't be that surprising to me.
Jim01
AG
I love the thread connecting in the MCU. I happen to be just about to wrap up a rewatch of all the MCU movies. I've been doing it on my trainer rides for triathlon training. Today I started Captain Marvel. It gets to the scene where Brie and Sam Jackson are going through the records and Jackson says the last name Rambeau and my mind lit up.

Ohhhh, Rambeau from WandaVision is the little girl from Captain Marvel! Brie Larson's best friend was her mom!

Most of you are probably like "no sheet" but I hadn't connected those dots. Hadn't watched Captain Marvel since release.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My money's on Magneto or Old Man Cap.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Relax everyone; it's gonna be Wong.

Bruce Almighty
AG
Dr Strange makes an appearance, but that's not a surprise. My guess is Cap, but as Steve Rogers, not Captain America.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.