Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,951 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One thing I did find weird was the bottoms right of this photo. Either someone go lazy or something is off with the kids shoulder not having color in it.
Drawkcab
Just started the episode and haven't gotten past the "Previously on Wandavision" part. Anyone else notice on the recap when Vision asks where Geraldine is Wanda says "She's gone. She didn't belong here." but at the end of the actual episode she says "Oh, she left honey. She had to rush home."
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Claude! said:

"What if the breath that kindled those grim fires, / Awaked, should blow them into sevenfold rage, / And plunge us in the flames; or from above / Should intermitted vengeance arm again / His red right hand to plague us?"
C@LAg
redline248 said:

Agnes is definitely not under Wanda's control, otherwise that first scene with the babies wouldn't have ever happened. Was she trying to get Vision to see through it all?
i read it more as she was play-acting that she/they screwed up and wanted to restart, aware that she was also an actor in the ongoing "play".

the point being to throw off any suspicion that she is there doing something else or for other reasons.
benMath08
AG
Thanks to watching Darci and Woo view Wanda's "show", we've seen previous scenes where we know those scenes were "reshot" or cut to get something more suitable for the audience. I assumed that's what was happening here, Agnes thought they would shoot it again but for some reason Wanda couldn't reset the scene so they're standing around awkwardly while Vision is getting more and more confused.

Just another aspect of Wanda losing her control over the show, the town, and Vision himself.
C@LAg
the point being Wanda is aware of all the edits, as she is making them.

If Agnes is playacting here, it plays into Wanda's POV, and still throws suspicion away from her (Agnes).

Drawkcab
Every other instance of reshooting or cutting that we've seen has been to remove a reference to the real world outside Westview. This scene wouldn't fall under that. I think something else was going on, like maybe she was afraid of Wanda's reaction if the scene didn't play out like she knew Wanda wanted due to Vision stepping in.
rhutton125
AG
Allow me to refer back to a scene from the first trailer for this show. I think it's from Halloween, perhaps next week's episode.

We saw on the trailer that Vision will "awaken" Agnes, who will tell him he's dead and then have a maniacal witch laugh. Maybe the laugh is unrelated. But if Agnes is the villain, why would she spoil the truth to Vision? Or at that point, does Agnes have such influence over Wanda that he couldn't stop her if he tried?

So that's what I don't get. I'm firmly in the camp that this isn't just Wanda, but Wanda under an influence, or perhaps even possessed by, something else. Perhaps a Doctor Strange villain. Perhaps it's Agnes. But right now my gut is saying it's this new Pietro.

Side note on Quicksilver:

The Fox Quicksilver is obviously more successful and recognizable, but I think both versions are pretty terrible adaptations of the comics version of Quicksilver.

Fox version: real cool guy, seems to love being a mutant, and his super speed is depicted in hyper slow motion like a time freeze. Big pet peeve of mine, super speed should be super speed.

MCU version: also a pretty chill guy, kind of a smart ass. He's protective of Wanda, which is good, and he has super speed that usually depicts itself like super speed, so that's good. Joss Whedon described him as a "poon hound," which is... weird and unnecessary.

Comics version: he's kind of an ***hole. Angry almost all the time. He's got a lot of Magneto's rage in him. He really struggles with humankind hating mutants. Grew up under persecution. Hates his father but ends up making some terrible decisions, like him, in order to further the mutant cause. He's pretty much a wild card. Never really a steady member of the Avengers (after the 1960s) or X-Men - just shows up here or there.

I hope that, if we get a Quicksilver at the end of all of this, he's more like the comics version and will fly off the handle or be an antihero, rather than... another pretty cool guy who sticks around with the X-Men so they can have some more special effects.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So when the credits were rolling and they started playing the 80's-era WandaVision theme music, I started going through the lyrics for the "Growing Pains" theme song and the two songs matched up pretty well.

And I know there is a lot of speculation that either Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart may show up later, but what about Michael Fassbender or James MacAvoy instead? Time/space isn't having much meaning right now, so why not have their younger versions appear? It would fit with the "new" Pietro.
Dro07
AG
Comic book Quicksilver is about as cool as comic book cyclops. I think the major dif here is that he really doesn't know his dad Magnus like he does in the comic but I guess time will tell.
fightinags2013
AG
Anyone else wondering (maybe hoping) the person at the door was Dr. Strange?

I know it would be early in the show run for that big of a moment, but stranger things have happened (no pun intended) especially on a show like this
C@LAg
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

Good video
C@LAg
one thing I noted on a rewatch:

When Norm says "you have to stop her. She is in my head.... Just make her stop" He never does actually say "Wanda"....

now their later discussion does address Norm, and she does drop her "Can't I?" comment, but she also admits she is not responsible for everyone's actions.
YNWA_AG
AG
If you watch the episode with audio descriptions on it says Wanda stares at the version of pietro from the X-men films
C@LAg
YNWA_AG said:

If you watch the episode with audio descriptions on it says Wanda stares at the version of pietro from the X-men films
the Latin American translation indicates the "aerospace engineer" is female. but that could very easily be a bad or lazy translation.
YNWA_AG
AG
C@LAg said:

YNWA_AG said:

the Latin American translation indicates the "aerospace engineer" is female. but that could very easily be a bad or lazy translation.

I don't see how it's not referring to mr fantastic with the hints dropped the last 2 episodes.
C@LAg
YNWA_AG said:

C@LAg said:

YNWA_AG said:

I don't see how it's not referring to mr fantastic with the hints dropped the last 2 episodes.
I can easily throw back two unconnected single reference points do not serve as reference points to him.

Losing half their training crew to the blip could literally be they lost half their personnel to the Blip. Just he same as everything else lost half of.

Reed has degrees in multiple disciplines, and I would argue that other that their initial travel to space, aerospace is one of the lesser ones. He is much more known for his physics.

YNWA_AG
AG
They also mentioned 4 people going on a space mission in episode 4

Edit: misremembered the quote. They said the the astronaut program was failing to take off the ground.
C@LAg
YNWA_AG said:

They also mentioned 4 people going on a space mission in episode 4
where was this reference?

I must have missed it, and a quick google search does not show people talking about a "4 person astronaut" reference.
bobinator
AG
So a previously cast X Man was on the right track!
C@LAg
Here is the weekly recap/Easter egg video:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That ending...
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'm not going back through all the posts on this thread, but I think someone accurately guessed the surprise appearance.
bobinator
AG
I remember some Quicksilver guesses but I assumed they meant her brother.

I was wondering if Quicksilver from the Fox X-Men was recognizable enough for people to get it.

More to come?
C@LAg
there were guesses because if she could bring back Vision, even if he is a fake version, why could she also not temporarily bring back her brother to deal with that trauma.

But in retrospect, apparently the rumour of this version showing up has been out there for a while.
AggieLitigator
Definitely makes me think the big bad guy is actually Nightmare, which would tie into doctor strange. At the end of the episode they played the lyric "homecoming Queen" from the song dream weaver.

Not a spoiler. Just my guess.
AggieLitigator
texasaggie04 said:

Quote:

Monica's X-ray was white... wonder if she has powers now.

In the comics, Monica gains powers and has the nickname Photon.

In real life (and anybody who is better at physics please correct me if I'm wrong), an x-ray beam basically shoots photons. When an x-ray is over-exposed or hits very dense material (like bone), the image appears white. So most likely the x-ray was white because of lots and lots of photons.

Had the same thought
C@LAg
AggieLitigator said:

Definitely makes me think the big bad guy is actually Nightmare, which would tie into doctor strange. At the end of the episode they played the lyric "homecoming Queen" from the song dream weaver.

Not a spoiler. Just my guess.
I prefer that to the rumor of the other guy due to the baggage he brings to the story/MCU.

But the "other guy" has a very direct comics-based tie-in to Spider-Man and how to resolve the issue with his identity being public.
Brock Sampson
AG
That ending! What a quick episode!
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

Am I the only one that notices in each of these videos, when he shows the "for the children" scenes, he splices in a quick Brad Pitt image?
Pretty much me.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
third coast.. said:

What wasnthe significance of them not using the name scarlet witch? Has she really not been referred to as that in the MCU before?
I can't remember anyone ever saying it in a film

The significance is probably just supposed to be a fun thing for the audience

edit: but calling the "anomaly" a hex was pretty good
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

What wasnthe significance of them not using the name scarlet witch? Has she really not been referred to as that in the MCU before?
nope.

I bet that is one of the things that happens in this series.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.