Wandavision Discussion Thread

197,829 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
schmidthead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OMFG
Saxsoon
AG
I think that Cap Marvel disappearing for a long time and effectively being a second mother to Rambeau has made her less than friendly with CM.

I also think Monica already had powers of some sort because she didn't want to dig deeper into the xray anomaly
C@LAg
AMW2010 said:

This show was based in the 80/90's? The whole recast would be because that's the version he played in days of future past.

it ties into the story point that she cannot bring people back from the dead, so the next best thing was utilized- a version from another reality (multiverse).

Also that commercial, is the brand significant? I understand the words in the commercial but not sure I've even heard the brand in relation to the mcu

The lagos incident and her guilt.
dave94
AG
AMW2010 said:

Oh and also what's with captain marvel?

In present time when anyone speaks her name they get pissed..... someone asked furry about her and he's like don't envoke her name... and when they ask Monica about her she says something and rolls her eyes

I've always taken the Fury comment to mean "don't bother this bad ass b with some petty ass Earth sh*t. (Spider-Man)

And also, show some respect to this all powerful being, don't just throw her name out there when you don't even know her. (The other times?)
Ornithopter
AG
The creepy vibes and behavior is fantastic!

This is getting good!
C@LAg
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

This show could completely suck moving forward and be worth it for this alone.
Saxsoon
AG
Someone pointed out that our guest at the end is wearing the exact same jacket as he did in Deadpool 2

Also
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
third coast.. said:

i dont remember who the person she recast is
Evan Peters played the Quicksilver in the Fox X-men movies.
Post removed:
by user
AMW2010
AG
Definitely a different jacket, in DOFP his jacket had zippers on the back shoulders
Saxsoon
AG
third coast.. said:

Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

I'm still lost. He said long lost brother. Who is pietro? I'm lost on this part of the storyline. I dont even remember a quicksilver.
You might want to rewatch age of ultron.

Saxsoon
AG
AMW2010 said:

Definitely a different jacket, in DOFP his jacket had zippers on the back shoulders
I think it was his appearance in a different film

https://ibb.co/cC9DWxs

Not exact but pretty dang similar
AMW2010
AG
Also just watched it all again... I wonder at what point do they finally call her Scarlet Witch... the director ask if she has an alias or silly nickname...and woo says no
Post removed:
by user
AMW2010
AG
third coast.. said:

i didnt realize her brothers superhero name was quicksilver, that was my hangup. im not as keyed in to this stuff as most of yall.

?itemid=5444908
Saxsoon
AG
Oh gotcha no problem. Happy to help. I don't know as much in the ways of comics but I am pretty keyed in with the movie side

What I am interested in is if this is just a subtle nod and not directly related to those films. Some are thinking the villain took the form of that character to **** with Wanda
bluefire579
AG
What an episode!

So surely this means we're getting Magneto
bluefire579
AG
Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

I'm still lost. He said long lost brother. Who is pietro? I'm lost on this part of the storyline. I dont even remember a quicksilver.

That was the suggested viewing for me at the end of the credits
Saxsoon
AG
bluefire579 said:

Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

Saxsoon said:

third coast.. said:

That was the suggested viewing for me at the end of the credits
I think it has been at the end of every episode for me.

I really liked this article

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2562259/wandavision-somehow-makes-one-of-the-worst-mcu-movies-better

It pitches that Wandavision has effectively made Age of Ultron into her origin story.
Saxsoon
AG
Sneak peek at next week's episode

redline248
AG
Man, that episode had sooooo much.

Agnes is definitely not under Wanda's control, otherwise that first scene with the babies wouldn't have ever happened. Was she trying to get Vision to see through it all? It would be cool if Wanda was actually the villain, but her line about not knowing how it all started implies otherwise, along with Agnes and now Pietro. I don't think she is the one who "recast" him.

Am I the only one who hates it when movies/tv shows have a character that is all "let's just f-cking kill it?"

Baby Vision was so damn funny. Whose baby picture do you think they used? Kevin Feige's?
Post removed:
by user
texasaggie04
AG
Quote:

Monica's X-ray was white... wonder if she has powers now.

In the comics, Monica gains powers and has the nickname Photon.

In real life (and anybody who is better at physics please correct me if I'm wrong), an x-ray beam basically shoots photons. When an x-ray is over-exposed or hits very dense material (like bone), the image appears white. So most likely the x-ray was white because of lots and lots of photons.
redline248
AG
I can't remember some details from Captain Marvel. Are her powers from an infinity stone like Darcy said? I thought it was from some radiation weapon or something
texasaggie04
AG
redline248 said:

I can't remember some details from Captain Marvel. Are her powers from an infinity stone like Darcy said? I thought it was from some radiation weapon or something

I think the core of the engine of the experimental spaceship was powered thanks to the Tesseract (space stone). Captain Marvel was blasted by that when it exploded and then later received a blood transfusion from a Kree (Mar-Vell).
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

I read Wanda eliminates all (or nearly all) mutants with her reality-warping powers in the comics.

Would be funny if she used her powers to make them exist in the MCU as part of the show.

Also, I'm sure someone came up with this already, but if Wanda is in multiverse of madness, it would be amazing if we got a glimpse of the Fox X-Men verse as existing in one of those parallel universes.

I hear we're getting all the Spider-Man's in the next Spider-Man movie, so why not a brief nod to the acquired and retired X-men universe in multiverse of madness? Have Deadpool leap out of it and into our universe with a clever quip or in the post credits scene.

She made the fox x-men appear quicker than I'd guessed!
Thanks and gig'em
Dro07
AG
And Magneto is their Dad in the X universe fyi
Dro07
AG
Man what an ending! So she is pulling people in from different universes as "recasts" and will probably cause a rift in the time and space continuum which in turn brings Cable into this and all hell breaks loose.
YNWA_AG
AG
[Do not bring theories or spoilers from other sites to this thread as many of our users avoid those on purpose. -Staff]
Mathguy64
AG
NM. Wrong thread.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
dromo07 said:

And Magneto is their Dad in the X universe fyi
I was surprised when they mentioned her parents in the SWORD briefing. Surprised it was known. And then a few minutes later, here comes Magnetos son (thanks Texags elementary school word filter).
Claude!
"What if the breath that kindled those grim fires, / Awaked, should blow them into sevenfold rage, / And plunge us in the flames; or from above / Should intermitted vengeance arm again / His red right hand to plague us?"
Saxsoon
AG
I feel like someone at Disney watched Too Many Cooks, ripped a line of coke and then went and pitched this to Iger and Feige. I swear there was a towel saying Kiss the Cook and I want to believe it is a reference to Too Many Cooks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.