Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,913 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Btw, loved the Malcolm in the Middle vibe, with the kids breaking the fourth wall. Looks like next week we finally reach the modern day, single-cam, docu-comedy era, a la The Office / Modern Family (there's a clip of Wanda talking to the camera in that style - the last bit of trailer footage we haven't yet seen), and then I imagine episodes eight and nine will finally drop the TV format.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They skipped the 90's.

(MITM aired in the 00's.)
bluefire579
AG
third coast.. said:

only the people that pass through the thing, but she is the only one that has passed through twice. so maybe once and you are fine and twice you become a mutant? if it only takes once, all those that were swallowed up will now be mutants.
See, I wonder if it's a case of it developing over time. Since it was stated that her genetic material was being rewritten, it might just be that it hasn't manifested itself yet?

I dunno, guess we'll find out soon.
redline248
AG
The people out on the edges of town frozen in their actions was creepy. I'm struggling with Wanda's apparent lack of knowledge of how it started, where the kids were, how Pietro came to be, etc, and her ability to just freeze everyone and grow the hex on command.

Pietro asking those pointed questions is super fishy.

That commercial...that was dark.
imjustsayin
AG
Now I'm not sure about Pietro. I'm not as convinced this is the multi-verse with Fox characters coming in. He has the memories of MCU Pietro and the scars to go with it. So, he's really the body of MCU pietro? Why the strategic casting of Evan Peters? He seems to really press on Wanda for her creating all of it... and address the ethics of it and all!

Also, Agnes, I figured this would be a breakout episode for her as Agatha... that is not the direction I was expecting.

The commercial was for sure dark. This whole episode took some turns.

Still so impressed and blown away with this show and how even with all the time to dissect and study up on comics lore, no one still has any idea what's going on!

I found myself really bothered by the idea of losing vision again... maybe more so than when it happened in infinity war.

So, also note she can't control vision, Pietro, or her kids, like she can control everyone else... there is something to this. Alive vs not alive? Real vs not real?

I really can't believe how well Marvel is doing this! It's a fun ride for sure!
Justin2010
AG
I know people don't like her - but I'm enjoying Grace's breakdowns of this show:

Post removed:
by user
Andyzipp
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They skipped the 90's.

(MITM aired in the 00's.)
Thought the format was more a homage to Nickelodeon shows like Clarissa Explains It All.
BoydCrowder13
My guess is

Hayward wants Vision for dissection (what he was doing previously)

Evan Peters is revealed as Mephisto (Wanda made a deal with the devil to create this place)

Monica meets Reed Richards at the end of the next episode

Dr. Strange makes his appearance in episode 9 to lead directly into his movie with the ramifications of this one
awall11
AG
The movie theater had The Incredibles (2004) and The Parent Trap (1998) on the marquee. So maybe it was supposed to be a mix of both decades.
Post removed:
by user
Andyzipp
AG
third coast.. said:

the incredibles is about a superhero family....check

the parent trap i havent seen but i bet it is relevant
The Parent Trap features a set of twins.
awall11
AG
It's about twins of divorced parents. They are separated and don't know it. They meet at camp and switch places pretending to be the other so they can meet the other parent. They end up getting their parents back together.

Idk how to make that fit, but maybe it does
redline248
AG
One twin got the superspeed, and the other got Wanda's telepathy?
BoydCrowder13
redline248 said:

One twin got the superspeed, and the other got Wanda's telepathy?

Yep. In the comics, their names are Speed and Wiccan.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I'm 10 minutes in, and I can't stop staring at Wanda in that costume that I'm having trouble paying attention to what's actually going on........

I may have to watch this another time when I'm done.
Saxsoon
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I'm 10 minutes in, and I can't stop staring at Wanda in that costume that I'm having trouble paying attention to what's actually going on........

I may have to watch this another time ****when I'm done****.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Awesome episode.

Some predictions:

Hayward is hydra and his interest is turning vision's corpse into a weapon he can control.

Pietro is Mephisto. There was so much talk about him being a bad influence and he was teaching the kids to be devilish.

Their contact will be Reed Richards. Maybe the whole fantastic four.

This incident will either result in the creation of mutants or give the fantastic four their powers (in addition to giving Monica hers).

Agnes is indeed Agatha, she helped get the illusion started for Mephisto and was initially helping control it but become overpowered by Wanda and fell under her spell.

Even crazier idea: Hayward is working for Dr Doom (or he will become dr doom) and he wanted vision's corps so he could create doombots from the technology
Thanks and gig'em
YNWA_AG
AG
"Unleash hell demon spawn" they were quite obvious with that quote
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Another prediction:

Mephisto won't absorb the twins like in the comics, but he will abscond with them and raise them into villains, then we'll get a redemptive arc for them in phase 4. (Kind of like Darth Vader)
Thanks and gig'em
StringerBell
AG
Man that yogurt commercial was dark as ****
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I've said it earlier on this thread, but it bears repeating:

This is why putting these shows out once a week is superior to dumping the series all at once.

The ending of this episode was incredible and would have had zero impact if you could just jump into the next episode. Making us wait a week (while cruel) just makes this much better.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Other possibilities for Monica's friend: Nick Fury or Captain Marvel
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Fury would make way more sense than Richards at this point.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Agree. Fury is like the Eagles from LOTR. Always shows up when needed.
Thanks and gig'em
AMW2010
AG
What if Hayward's goal was to make Sentinels for "protection"
BoydCrowder13
TCTTS said:

Fury would make way more sense than Richards at this point.

Is Fury an aerospace engineer?
TCTTS
AG
Like I said earlier...

Quote:

... they didn't make an explicit connection that the person she referenced in this episodes is the same person she referenced in episode four. I'm not saying it's not the same person, but everyone seems convinced that the aerospace engineer is Reed Richard, and if he is indeed the one showing up in an hour, that's going to be MASSIVE news and a HUGE casting announcement that I don't see how they could have kept under wraps this long.
YNWA_AG
AG
Well they did it for the mando finale. I'm sure you know better than the rest of us. I'm not sure they could keep John krasinki or John David Washington showing up a secret
C@LAg
no

but Riri Williams/Ironheart is.
TCTTS
AG
On one hand, they announced the Fantastic Four director way early, right as he started filming Spider-Man 3. So it's conceivable that they needed a director in place partly to go ahead and cast Richards, and they've somehow kept it a secret. But that just doesn't seem very likely. Like you alluded to, casting Mark Hamill in what is essentially a voice role is an easier secret to keep than casting a big, new actor as part of the F4 cast, especially this early. But if anyone can pull it off, it's Marvel.
YNWA_AG
AG
You are probably right. It's probably someone like Abigail brand who Monica would know already and it fits in with the Spanish translation.
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

no

Feel like introducing her here would be a huge stretch considering they only just announced that they're even doing an Ironheart series at all.
C@LAg
bluefire579 said:

C@LAg said:

no

Feel like introducing her here would be a huge stretch considering they only just announced that they're even doing an Ironheart series at all.
that could be said 100% about Reed Richards as well.

but they are fast tracking the younger heroes.

We have Hawkeye (xx)
Speed
Wiccan
Cassie/Ant-Man (Stature)
possibly Miles Morales in SM3.
So Ironheart makes sense in a way (but given Monica was gone for 5 years, unless Riri also blipped it does not make sense to refer to her as an expert and to keep her young enough as well.)
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So much good stuff in this show.

When Vision first starts investigating the other streets, the music is still the "Malcom in the Middle" type music. When he goes to that cul-de-sac where everyone's frozen, the music transitions so subtly into the "real world" music that you don't even notice it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.