Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,958 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YNWA_AG said:

The episode is supposed to be around 42 minutes without credits
Does that put us at the 6 hour mark for the entire series run time or is there still some unaccounted for mystery time?
YNWA_AG
AG
i believe a leaker found that the runtime for the final episode was 50 minutes

YouBet
AG
Has there been an explanation for the overly ridiculous credits?
Beat40
YouBet said:

Did you watch the Mandalorian?
YouBet
AG
Beat40 said:

YouBet said:

Did you watch the Mandalorian?

Yes?
YNWA_AG
AG
YouBet said:

Have you seen how long the credits are after a marvel movie?
Why would this be anything different.
redline248
AG
The actual show credits are reasonable, but it's all the credits in foreign languages Disney+ adds that get overboard.
TexasAggie_02
AG
orchestral version of "Agatha All Along"

fig96
AG
redline248 said:

The actual show credits are reasonable, but it's all the credits in foreign languages Disney+ adds that get overboard.
These are on like every streaming show if you don't let it skip to the next episode automatically, nothing new here that Disney is doing.
amercer
AG
https://www.theringer.com/marvel-cinematic-universe/2021/3/1/22303736/wanda-maximoff-driving-buick-verano-wandavision-episode-8
AMW2010
AG
I drive a Buick LaCrosse... and when I saw that all I could think was damn that's some in your face product placement!!
Malachi Constant
AG
amercer said:

https://www.theringer.com/marvel-cinematic-universe/2021/3/1/22303736/wanda-maximoff-driving-buick-verano-wandavision-episode-8

I'd love to pile on but we got my wife into an Enclave last year and we really love it.
Dr. Horrible
I bet it was an Avengers HQ pool car
aggiedata
AG
You need to be a witch to drive a Buick. Maybe she can keep the timing chain from stretching with a well placed spell on the engine
Capitol Ag
AG
A thought. And this is for fun and straight out of my arse. What if Evan Peters character is just a manifestation of the future Tommy (Speed) created by or brought from the future by Agatha and under her spell? Probably not, but if Tommy were to age again, they could just make Peters be Speed in the MCU.
YellowPot_97
AG
bobinator said:

YellowPot_97 said:

I don't think there is a big bad in the show. I think it is all Wanda trying to deal with the grief of being snapped, losing her brother, losing her parents, and losing Vision. Though I'm not sure how new Quicksilver fits in.
From a macro view, I'd say the odds are like 0% that Disney is going to put a show on the air that boils down to a woman taking an entire town hostage (possibly killing a guy?) because her lover died.

I think there's definitely some other player(s) in the game, but I am starting to like the idea that we don't really meet them until the very end.

Still think the chances are 0%?
YouBet
AG
YNWA_AG said:

YouBet said:

Smaller scale? The first several episodes were literally sitcom set pieces. The cost of those first several episodes had to be magnitudes smaller than the later ones and even the later ones aren't breaking any barriers when it comes to FX or anything.

Hell, I don't know though.
Quad Dog
AG
She was raised in a war torn country, then experimented on by Hydra, joined the Avengers, then traveled around with Vision. When did she eve learn to drive?
amercer
AG
I assume the avengers compound has a drivers Ed program? Maybe her and Spidey took the class together?
Sex Panther
AG
YouBet said:

YNWA_AG said:

YouBet said:

Smaller scale? The first several episodes were literally sitcom set pieces. The cost of those first several episodes had to be magnitudes smaller than the later ones and even the later ones aren't breaking any barriers when it comes to FX or anything.

It's not smaller scale. It's basically a Marvel movie (actually longer), so the credits for each episode are going to mirror that of the films. The only difference is they run them at the end of each 40-minute episode, instead of at the very end of the series. It's got a $225 million budget... that involves a lot of people to credit.

I really don't get why people are complaining about the credits... y'all know you don't have to watch them right?
Beat40
Sex Panther said:

YouBet said:

YNWA_AG said:

YouBet said:

It's not smaller scale. It's basically a Marvel movie (actually longer), so the credits for each episode are going to mirror that of the films. The only difference is they run them at the end of each 40-minute episode, instead of at the very end of the series. It's got a $225 million budget... that involves a lot of people to credit.

I really don't get why people are complaining about the credits... y'all know you don't have to watch them right?
This is my thought too. I just grab the slider and slide it towards the end to make sure I'm not missing any end credit scenes or anything, but other than that, it doesn't bother me one bit.
Beat40
Quad Dog said:

She was raised in a war torn country, then experimented on by Hydra, joined the Avengers, then traveled around with Vision. When did she eve learn to drive?
That was my thought. I was legitimately surprised to see Wanda drive.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Sex Panther said:

YouBet said:

YNWA_AG said:

YouBet said:

not to mention all the international credits that get rolled into it as well.
MooreTrucker
AG
Quad Dog said:

Same place she learned to cook.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Quad Dog said:

Same place she learned to cook.
Perhaps she is doing witch-y things in making it appear she can drive or cook?
double aught
AG
Sex Panther said:

YouBet said:

YNWA_AG said:

YouBet said:

It's probably because, at least in the beginning, people were expecting longer episodes and were surprised at an abrupt ending with eight minutes left. The credits are significantly longer than most tv shows.
NoahAg
Do you have to be really into the Marvel movies to get/appreciate this show? I've only seen maybe a third of the movies but we're watching this as a family.

The first few episodes were kinda fun and intriguing, but overall it seems like they're stretching the plot thin.
JJxvi
AG
NoahAg said:

Do you have to be really into the Marvel movies to get/appreciate this show? I've only seen maybe a third of the movies but we're watching this as a family.

The first few episodes were kinda fun and intriguing, but overall it seems like they're stretching the plot thin.
No. I got a text from my Mom asking me if me and my wife were watching WandaVision and telling me that she and my Dad were and they liked it. I asked if she had even seen anything else with any of the characters and she said that Dad just answers her questions.
YouBet
AG
double aught said:

Sex Panther said:

YouBet said:

YNWA_AG said:

YouBet said:

It's probably because, at least in the beginning, people were expecting longer episodes and were surprised at an abrupt ending with eight minutes left. The credits are significantly longer than most tv shows.
This. Also, I'm not complaining about them. Was just genuinely curious. Other relatively big budget series haven't done this before (that I've personally seen) so this is new and different. Maybe the scale of the total product here is leagues above anything else ever made though.
dodger02
AG
Pardon if this has been addressed...but I told my daughter (who is embarrassed as hell to be into comics...though she got her geekiness from me) that this is the MCU's adaptation of House of M.

To date, she's been "Wanda Maximoff". This week, she became "Scarlet Witch". In the last episode, she's going to go totally and completely bonkers to the max after dealing with Agnes, dead Vision, and "Cataract" and totally lose it. It's not going to be a "no more mutants" thing. But instead, she's going to alter reality to further alleviate her pain and/or make others suffer like she has.

The magic, mysticism, and madness that Agnes has helped to introduce is going to feed into Doctor Strange. Whether there's a "big bad" left to be introduced that will reside over the next chapter of movies or not (e.g. Thanos), I don't know. As I think to the alteration of release dates (i.e. Eternals, Shang-Chi, etc.) I wonder about the degree of interrelation among these shows/movies. Nightmare is certainly an easy choice as the big bad, as he has relations to Doctor Strange, Loki, Secret Invasion, and (I think) the Eternals.
JJxvi
AG
Quote:

This. Also, I'm not complaining about them. Was just genuinely curious. Other relatively big budget series haven't done this before (that I've personally seen) so this is new and different. Maybe the scale of the total product here is leagues above anything else ever made though.
You're also dealing with a comic book company's (and therefore more of an artistic and creative drive than would otherwise exist) internal studio where we've seen them make an effort to stick beautiful artwork into their ending credits of the films, and they've decided to do the same thing here.
Capitol Ag
AG
I have a couple of strange questions. So Wanda was born with her base powers and the Mind Stone chose her and ramped those up to SW level. Since the Mind Stone "chose her", why would it not protect her or better put, give her a certain level of immunity from the snap and being dusted? Granted, too late for that and maybe that isn't how the Infinity Stones work (obviously not) but wouldn't that seem logical?

Also, is the SW in the comics powerful enough to recreate the Infinity Stones?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Capitol Ag said:

I have a couple of strange questions. So Wanda was born with her base powers and the Mind Stone chose her and ramped those up to SW level. Since the Mind Stone "chose her", why would it not protect her or better put, give her a certain level of immunity from the snap and being dusted? Granted, too late for that and maybe that isn't how the Infinity Stones work (obviously not) but wouldn't that seem logical?

Also, is the SW in the comics powerful enough to recreate the Infinity Stones?
since it has been hinted at several times before that the stones seem to have a sentience to them, perhaps all of the stones got together to chat in the millisecond before the snap and the time stone was all like "guys, we need to snap away wanda, trust me. It's better that she goes bonkers in 5 years vs the next couple of weeks."
TexasAggie_02
AG
my only gripe about the credits is that the app isn't smart enough to know that it's the end of the show. if you don't watch or fast forward to the end, then the next week the app wants to "continue" the previous episode.
TexasAggie_02
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.