Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,936 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still think all the Mephisto talk is maybe misguided. We're 2/3 of the way through this and no sign of him. Agnes doesn't seem to be running things either, and now we've had a second character (Herb) other than Agnes acknowledge the falseness of the Hex.

I think the possibility that Wanda is an amalgam of TWO Wanda's, one being the MCU Wanda and one being a mutant Wanda or similar, is possible. And would explain how Wanda is able to control things but some things seem to happen beyond her control.
C@LAg
Hell, you want to throw theories out there...

What if the Mind Stone (as well as ALL the Infinity Stones) have to always exist (that is something that is standard in the comics. They cannot be destroyed).

What if this is all the work of the Mind Stone to recreate itself and its siblings to restore balance, and Wanda and Vision just got trapped in the middle of it.

So the Big bad is a cosmic singularity/ingot.

But we will get a new Vision out of it, maybe mutants as a result of the release of energy, a little damage to reality, but hey, that is a problem for another day.
Dro07
AG
Like dragon balls? They leave after they are used
C@LAg
dromo07 said:

Like dragon balls? They leave after they are used
Benedict Cumberbatch solves the age-old mystery of whether dragons have balls
i still cannot believe the interview went down that path.

rhutton125
AG
C@LAg said:

rhutton125 said:

I don't want manufactured mutants
A LOT of the MCU is built off the Ultimate Universe (an alternate line of Marvel comics that retells major marvel stories, and where Miles Morales Spider-Man comes from)

In the Ultimate Universe mutants were engineered by American scientists trying to redo the super soldier program.

and that could be used to explain why no one is familiar with mutants and why they have not popped up in the general population to date.

That's interesting. But I'd be disappointed if it went that route. It's easier to justify the public being afraid of the mutant pandemic when it's mysterious and deadly and everywhere, rather than these poor *******s that got experimented on by the government (or were an unfortunate side effect of government experimentation).

That could eventually be a reveal, I suppose, and the government stays silent. That would be a pretty shocking twist to anyone in-universe. But I kind of like it when it's a mystery to everyone. World-changing and perturbing and no easy answers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not gonna lie, completely forgot about the Black Widow movie that still hasn't come out. And at this point, I'm having trouble caring.

Wandavision is kicking off the next phase and has all our eyes looking forward to multiverses and the cosmic stuff. It seems like a very weird time to then bring us back in time to her story.
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

Agree. I had also completely forgotten that she was dead. She just never seemed very important to the grand scheme of things, although I'm sure someone will come and remind me that had it not been for her doing X at some point that Y would have never happened.

She was instrumental in taking out Redford Hydra.

There you go.
Belton Ag
AG
third coast.. said:

Agree. I had also completely forgotten that she was dead. She just never seemed very important to the grand scheme of things, although I'm sure someone will come and remind me that had it not been for her doing X at some point that Y would have never happened.
Well allow me to be that guy and point out that she willingly gave her life to acquire the soul stone. So yeah kinda important.
C@LAg
and black widow mk 2 is in falcon/winter soldier, so there is some carryover from the black widow movie with her.
C@LAg
Belton Ag said:

third coast.. said:

Well allow me to be that guy and point out that she willingly gave her life to acquire the soul stone. So yeah kinda important.
she cheated.
AMW2010
AG
New rockstars

AMW2010
AG
The cosmic wonder

Saxsoon
AG
If Evan Peters does end up being Quicksilver in a post Wandavision world, he is definitely the better actor of the two.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
rhutton125
AG
Might want to spoiler tag that, I don't think that's common knowledge
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not gonna lie, completely forgot about the Black Widow movie that still hasn't come out. And at this point, I'm having trouble caring.
You can say that about basically any movie that was scheduled for release in 2020. It's been so long since I've seen a new movie in the theater, I've pretty much forgotten about all the movies I should have seen by now.

We are quickly approaching the one-year anniversary of when No Time to Die should have been released and it won't be until November of this year that we finally get to see it. I'm almost numb to the pain from that delay right now....
Saxsoon
AG
I have been a handful of times for some low brow horror films (and Tenet) but yeah I wish I had an excuse to go weekly like I used to. At most there has been one other person in the theater if not outright alone. Nothing quite like a thursday night release for a horror film for people who really get into it.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Sex Panther
AG
That episode was awesome, and the Malcolm in the Middle homage was fantastic

If Marvel really pulls off the Reed Richards reveal in this show, it will be incredible they were able to hide it, and that they had the balls to drop it on a streaming service show about a secondary character. It does feel like it's really possible at this point. They've already announced F4 and a director after all.

Evan Peters is so good. Just an always entertaining actor (check out American Animals on Hulu), and he killed it in this episode. The New Rockstars recap really points out just how much is subtly going on with his character...

And "What happened to yours??" (accent), is an all-time quote in the MCU. Wanda's face is priceless.
rhutton125
AG
Am I the only one that still doesn't see this QS as the Fox version? From the moment he appeared, he sounded like a 60s greaser or something. "Ya not gotta give ya ol' brother a hug?!"

I guess Days of Future Past QS would be a cool uncle but personality-wise, it's not really DoFP or AoU. Which I find to be suspicious.
redline248
AG
Part of it his him fitting the trope of the era for the "sitcom." Especially the end of the 80s episode. But yeah, he's not playing the character the same as in Xmen. However, the suspicious stuff is him asking her about everything.
fig96
AG
Yeah, he's definitely aware of the overall situation in a different way than all the other characters in the hex are.

I'm fascinated to see where they're going with this.
C@LAg
rhutton125 said:

Might want to spoiler tag that, I don't think that's common knowledge
it (she) was in the freaking Super Bowl trailer. I think that can be considered common knowledge.

officially released content (BW trailer, FatWS trailer) should not be considered spoilers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess I'll be the guy that asks what mk2 is?
bluefire579
AG
Not sure what mk2 actually means, but I assume he's referring to Yelena Belova, who is in Black Widow, takes over the moniker in the comics, and is slated to make future MCU appearances
jeffk
AG
mk2 is Mark 2, like second version.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Completely confused on what Black Widow mk2 was supposed to mean tbh. I kept thinking there was some sort of Iron Man tie-in.
rhutton125
AG
She was in the super bowl trailer? I didn't see that.

I knew it was reported but I didn't see her in it.
bearamedic99
AG
Didn't Darcy say that the hex is giving incredible levels of "Cosmic background energy" or such?

F4 got their powers from Cosmic energy, right?

I know we all half expect this show or Dr Strange MoM to give us mutants but how weird would it be if it gave us the F4?
redline248
AG
the only question is who are they getting to play Sue and Johnny Storm? Ok, really only care about Sue
bdenby
AG
Chris Evans is Johnny Storm and Disney+ just goes offline.
Swarely
YellowPot_97 said:

That costume! Her coming down the stairs..... so bouncy!!

Average Joe
AG
This is probably obvious, but I would think that the people around the edge of the area don't move unless Wanda and the rest of the family come close enough to seeing them. Wanda doesn't realize that's where Vision went, so she doesn't know to make them start 'acting.'
YouBet
AG
If they give F4 their powers here from the Hex that is quite the diversion from how they got it in the comics. I guess it really doesn't matter at this point though.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
"Here to cause you grief"

- Pietro (supposedly)
C@LAg
rhutton125 said:

She was in the super bowl trailer? I didn't see that.

I knew it was reported but I didn't see her in it.
1 minute mark:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.