Wandavision Discussion Thread

197,817 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was his "which one is the sassy best friend?" (or something like that) a Two Broke Girls reference?

This felt like a good set up episode. Not sure we learned anything but we moved some pieces around.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They skipped the 90's.

(MITM aired in the 00's.)

So bummed that they couldnt do full house, boy meets world, or home improvement.

"I don't think so, Viz"

TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

If all the sword agents got turned into circus clowns, will Darcy also be circus related?
you know they won't. but wanda has no knowledge of her and should not differentiate how she is treated vs any other SWORD agent.
Technically Wanda should know all the differences, right? Depending on the range of her mind reading?
wanda does not have telepathy or any sort of mind reading powers in the comics, and nothign on the show seems to indicate she has it here either., so I would not assign her that ability.

yes, she can impose her will on people, but not read their minds.
Except that is exactly what she told Ultron she could do
she can warp reality and make people see their worst fears. That does not mean she knows their mind or those fears. The magic is all done by the person to themselves.

You need to re-watch age of ultron
AustinAg2K
Dr. Teeth said:

I think Hayward's motivation is a living Vision. It's pretty clear that's what he was trying to do at SWORD, and now he's just trying to use Wanda to bring him back, and is trying to figure out a way to get him out of the Hex without killing him... and he is being used by a more sinister entity to gain control of Wanda and the kids.

Hayward didn't seem too concerned with Vision getting torn apart. I don't think he cares about a living Vision, but I do think he's interested in the Mind Stone. I'm not certain if he's behind the whole thing or if he's being opportunistic.
AustinAg2K
So, for the 2010s are they going to do "Real Housewives of Westview" or will it be a YouTube show where Vision and Wanda challenge each other to do stupid things?
TexasAggie_02
AG
AustinAg2K said:

So, for the 2010s are they going to do "Real Housewives of Westview" or will it be a YouTube show where Vision and Wanda challenge each other to do stupid things?

Do a Twitch stream where someone keeps dying and wanda yells "that's a wipe" and everyone jumps off a cliff or shoots a rocket at their feet and they reload a check point.

Maybe they can do this during the big boss fight to end the show.
TXAG 05
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They skipped the 90's.

So bummed that they couldnt do full house, boy meets world, or home improvement.

"I don't think so, Viz"

They did some Full House last week
YNWA_AG
AG
Anyone think that hex dna mutations is going to create the x gene- creating mutants
AMW2010
AG
I think Hayward wants to create the Sentinel Program
Drawkcab
texasaggie04 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

If all the sword agents got turned into circus clowns, will Darcy also be circus related?
you know they won't. but wanda has no knowledge of her and should not differentiate how she is treated vs any other SWORD agent.
Technically Wanda should know all the differences, right? Depending on the range of her mind reading?
wanda does not have telepathy or any sort of mind reading powers in the comics, and nothign on the show seems to indicate she has it here either., so I would not assign her that ability.

yes, she can impose her will on people, but not read their minds.

I thought they said in this show she's a telepath. Didn't that happen in the scene where Wanda walks outside the hex?

"A town full of civilians, and you, a telepath, brought a S.W.O.R.D. agent into your home. You trusted me to help deliver your babies. On some level, you know I am an ally."
dave94
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

That costume! Her coming down the stairs..... so bouncy!!

She looked amazing the entire episode. Elizabeth Olsen is so gorgeous!
Baba Ganoush
AG
Random thought, but the Incredibles are basically the Fantastic Four. Not sure if that ties into anything, or just a tongue and check reference, but interesting.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
My daughter described the people on the edge of town as NPCs. Perfect.

I think Agnes was trying to escape. Her witchy laugh and costume definitely support the idea that she is Agatha.

By the book Woo would not have attacked SWORD agents.

Wanda not knowing how this all started or how she lost her accent was great.
Azariah
AG
TCTTS said:

Mr. Robot is the only mainstream show (or movie) to accurately depict hacking on screen, and make it legit suspenseful. It proved that we can move past all the silly, uber-slick folder and pop-up window nonsense. Just seeing the actual, raw code, and filming it in a cool/suspenseful way (close-ups on the code being written, close-ups on the hacker, cutting back and forth between the impending/approaching figurative ticking time bomb), is so much more effective than all the glossy, overly-designed, computer graphic bullsh*t like we saw tonight (my only complaint in an otherwise stellar episode).

Black Hat did an excellent job depicting hacking and security. Source, am both.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
third coast.. said:

the incredibles is about a superhero family....check

the parent trap i havent seen but i bet it is relevant
Could just be about the name: Trapped by parents.
Ryan34
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

third coast.. said:

the incredibles is about a superhero family....check

the parent trap i havent seen but i bet it is relevant
Could just be about the name: Trapped by parents.

It's about twins raised by different families being reunited. Aka Wanda and this new Pietro.
Maveric
AG
I haven't seen this proposed yet... what if Monica is going to see the Ioan Gruffard version of Reed Richards? Both Paul Bettany and Ioan have had similar runs in the 2000s. And Bettany has said that he always wanted to work with the actor we have yet to see. With the way things are going with the new Spiderman movie a multi-verse Richards might be possible.
texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

Still no recap for episode six yet, but ScreenCrush released this video yesterday, which is super interesting/informative, to the point where they have to be onto something here...

What a brilliant idea. Could bring things full circle from Captain Marvel by having Monica fight the Kree. Could potentially set up Captain Marvel 2 as well.

Could Monica's aerospace engineer just be a Skrull? Maybe the Skrull who helped them turn their plane into a rocket in the first Captain Marvel movie (I haven't seen it in a while, can't remember if that guy was killed by Jude Law). But anybody who can turn a plane into a rocket would certainly qualify as an aerospace engineer......
TexasAggie_02
AG
TXAG 05 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They skipped the 90's.

"I don't think so, Viz"

It was more Family Ties than anything. The intro picnic scene was reminiscent of full house, but the set and fell of the show was definitely not full house.

YouBet
AG
Agree the opening segment outside of the Hex was very amateurish. Was pretty cringe worthy. However, the rest of the episode was great.

Wanda's costume was HIGHLY distracting. Damn she fine.

And last week's set was absolutely homage to Family Ties. Thought that was obvious but I also grew up watching that show.
fig96
AG
texasaggie04 said:

TCTTS said:

Still no recap for episode six yet, but ScreenCrush released this video yesterday, which is super interesting/informative, to the point where they have to be onto something here...

What a brilliant idea. Could bring things full circle from Captain Marvel by having Monica fight the Kree. Could potentially set up Captain Marvel 2 as well.

Could Monica's aerospace engineer just be a Skrull? Maybe the Skrull who helped them turn their plane into a rocket in the first Captain Marvel movie (I haven't seen it in a while, can't remember if that guy was killed by Jude Law). But anybody who can turn a plane into a rocket would certainly qualify as an aerospace engineer......
Or maybe she's still friends with Talos's daughter?
Baba Ganoush
AG

TexasAggie_02
AG
Skrulls/kree showing up makes a lot of sense. Endgame was sandwiched between two movies featuring skulls, and rambeau has ties to them.
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

Agree the opening segment outside of the Hex was very amateurish. Was pretty cringe worthy. However, the rest of the episode was great.

Wanda's costume was HIGHLY distracting. Damn she fine.

And last week's set was absolutely homage to Family Ties. Thought that was obvious but I also grew up watching that show.
From a friend who worked on the show, they two specific shows from each era as their primary reference points for each episode.

Started with I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched and I'm not sure what for the second (I Dream of Jeannie?), 80s was definitely Family Ties and I'd say Growing Pains with a nod to Full House, 90s lifted heavy stylistically from Malcolm in the Middle.
Ryan34
AG
https://www.ign.com/articles/wandavision-theory-the-mind-stone-is-the-key-to-everything

Summary: The fact that Vision is actually alive and has a Mind Stone in his head explains a lot. Wanda had to have pulled the Mind Stone from another universe where it wasn't destroyed (and she probably had help). That new Mind Stone can't exist in our universe, as described here:

"The comic book version of the Infinity Stones only work properly in their home universe. If the MCU follows this rule, then Vision can only be alive in the world where the Mind Stone was taken from. That could be why Wanda created the Hex. It's a bubble containing a breach into the other universe--a safe space for the Wanda-Vision family to live an idyllic life."

So Wanda is harnessing the power of the Mind Stone to control people and create the Hex, and she's going to somehow merge those two universes, likely giving birth to mutants in the process. Shark commercial indicates Mephisto is leeching on her power as well.

Pietro/Peter is likely from that second universe. Not sure if him being Mephisto makes sense because he's showed off his super speed. Not sure how Mephisto could've pulled that off.
Brock Sampson
AG
That makes a lot of sense actually.

Wonder how this leads us to our next "Thanos"?
91_Aggie
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TXAG 05 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They skipped the 90's.

"I don't think so, Viz"

It was more Family Ties than anything. The intro picnic scene was reminiscent of full house, but the set and fell of the show was definitely

Theme song was very Family Ties'esque as well
YNWA_AG
AG

48 minutes on average per episode left
C@LAg
so subtracting the 7-8 minutes of credits per episode....

that leaves 120 minutes to go.
texasaggie04
AG
The more I think about it, the more I hope they go the Kree route (maybe in addition to Mephisto?).

At the very beginning of the series, Woo uses the misdirection he saw Scott Lang use to pull out his business card. We're supposed to assume that's a clever callback but what if it's a subtle nod that the whole series has been misdirection? What if they're pushing us to think about Mephisto and missing the Kree?

At the end of the series, we could have a parting of ways. Wanda goes with Dr. Strange to figure out whatever multiverse issues there are, while Monica (Photon), Darcy, and Woo has a Secret Invasion spin-off series on Disney+? Similar to the surprise announcement at the end of Mandalorian Season 2.
Post removed:
by user
ja86
AG
third coast.. said:

Wasn't it the mind stone that they used to experiment on her? That works too

And it killed all the other test subjects
rhutton125
AG
I don't want manufactured mutants
C@LAg
rhutton125 said:

I don't want manufactured mutants
A LOT of the MCU is built off the Ultimate Universe (an alternate line of Marvel comics that retells major marvel stories, and where Miles Morales Spider-Man comes from)

In the Ultimate Universe mutants were engineered by American scientists trying to redo the super soldier program.

and that could be used to explain why no one is familiar with mutants and why they have not popped up in the general population to date.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's amazing how much the mutant origin has morphed so much over the decades, from "children of the atom" to the next stage of human evolution that's been happening since ancient Egypt. And I had no idea about the ultimate version.

What I was getting at is that I don't think there needs to be a "big" explanation for introducing them. In the original comics, they existed mostly in secret for quite a while before they were targeted by governments. Up to at least the 80's, parents had no idea what was so special about Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

They could use Wanda's hex as some sort of a catalyst, but I don't think it needs to "create" mutants. Like you suggested, it seems likely to me that Wanda and Pietro had powers that were perhaps awakened or enhanced by Hydra's experiments.

I don't think Wandavision is going to give us any universe-changing events or explanations, but is serving to open the door for more characters and more movies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.