Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,931 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has it been established that Westview was a town that Wanda has taken over and forced the residents to be a part of her show? I got the feeling that the townsfolk have been taken from various locations and appeared in this "new" town.

That would keep family members and friends from converging on the SWORD complex demanding answers about their missing loved ones. There is zero chance this mass disappearance in this one town would escape media attention and a security circus outside.
C@LAg
It is now obvious that someone in this thread is bringing in information from spoiler sources as they have now brought in at least 3 bits of information that are being actively discussed on spoiler sites.

they are stating them as fact and not providing any reasoning or logic how they came to this conclusion.

Saxsoon
AG
The only spoiler I have seen on this show was Evan Peters showing up. I am not aware of anything else at this point being leaked
C@LAg
Saxsoon said:

The only spoiler I have seen on this show was Evan Peters showing up. I am not aware of anything else at this point being leaked
i am trying not to draw too much extra attention to it. but there is one that is actively being discussed on spoiler sites that cannot be reasonably deduced given available information.

i am hoping that the person will read this, think twice and delete it.
bobinator
AG
I also swear on Johnny's Heisman that I'm unaware of spoilers.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgfromHOU
AG
They said in episode 4 that Westview doesn't actually exist
C@LAg
AgfromHOU said:

They said in episode 4 that Westview doesn't actually exist
did they?

Westview DOES exist.

There was the line supposing that they (the police in the scene) had forgotten it exists due to their proximity to the "hex".
AgfromHOU
AG
It was cops from Eastview standing in front of the Westview sign saying that it didn't actually exist. It was the scene where Rambeau gets pulled into the hex.

They even talked about how the phone book names for Westview were fake
TCTTS
AG
Right, but the whole point of that scene was to show that the cops were under a spell.
fig96
AG
My wife had similar thoughts about Hayward.

My other big question is is the "her" who's doing all this Wanda or someone else?
C@LAg
AgfromHOU said:

It was cops from Eastview standing in front of the Westview sign saying that it didn't actually exist. It was the scene where Rambeau gets pulled into the hex.

They even talked about how the phone book names for Westview were fake
correct. and the implication of the following discussion and subsequent events is that initial proximity at the time of the hex creation impacts ability to perceive/recall. Given that the town was "changed", the phone book would no longer match the "local" numbers, same as the local residents were "recast" to new people.

Saxsoon
AG
I think Jimmy and Monica said that anybody connected to westview outside the bubble had forgotten. Jimmy asked why they could remember and Monica said it was because they didn't have a connection to the place. Westiview was showing up on federal databases and have an informant there prior to the bubble.
TCTTS
AG
That's a good point. "Her" could very well be Agnes or Dottie.
CubbieAggie
AG
YouBet said:

Also, was wondering if they were going to subtly try to reposition Wanda as being a mutant going forward but they went out of their way in this episode to note that she got her powers from an infinity stone. Guess the mutant metas will be introduced via multi-verse and maybe Wanda sticks with her stone powered origins here.

I thought they said she got the powers after experiments with the mind stone. Maybe it's just semantics, but I don't think that necessarily means the mind stone gave them their powers. They made it clear in the Avengers and End Game that the stones were mostly gamma radiation. Maybe that radiation unlocked the mutant gene (like the stress tests in deadpool) in the Maximoff twins, and that's why they were the only ones to survive the experiments. It's not like super speed makes a ton of sense to be from the mind stone. Now the radiation from the hex could be unlocking it in other people (Monica).
C@LAg
CubbieAggie said:

YouBet said:

Also, was wondering if they were going to subtly try to reposition Wanda as being a mutant going forward but they went out of their way in this episode to note that she got her powers from an infinity stone. Guess the mutant metas will be introduced via multi-verse and maybe Wanda sticks with her stone powered origins here.

I thought they said she got the powers after experiments with the mind stone. Maybe it's just semantics, but I don't think that necessarily means the mind stone gave them their powers. They made it clear in the Avengers and End Game that the stones were mostly gamma radiation. Maybe that radiation unlocked the mutant gene (like the stress tests in deadpool) in the Maximoff twins, and that's why they were the only ones to survive the experiments. It's not like super speed makes a ton of sense to be from the mind stone. Now the radiation from the hex could be unlocking it in other people (Monica).
yeah, that is my thought as well, if they go that route.

In the comics, the manifestation of mutant powers typically happened/happens with puberty as an analog for the event.

Given that Wanda and Pietro were older, it easily fits as a way to both explain and activate their latent powers.
C@LAg
I just realized that Dottie is Anya from the Buffy series.

fig96
AG
Haha, I totally looked her up after that because I couldn't place her and it was killing me
M.C. Swag
AG
C@LAg said:

It is now obvious that someone in this thread is bringing in information from spoiler sources as they have now brought in at least 3 bits of information that are being actively discussed on spoiler sites.

they are stating them as fact and not providing any reasoning or logic how they came to this conclusion.

oh damnit can mods do something please. this is some BS
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

Just say who it is so we can avoid their posts. They should be called out.
C@LAg
Yes, I am referring to YNWA.

I am not averse to spoilers personally, but I have remained relatively spoiler free for this show, more or less. When he/she mentioned a reference to 4 astronauts being lost being made on the show the other day, I went searching for those details since something that obvious would have been discussed . (that is not a spoiler , FWIW).

So I went to spoiler sites and saw the things they were currently discussing.

He/she has made a few direct, on the nose comments with no reasoning how he/she got to that observation when there is nothing to reasonably get an observer to that point without having been potentially spoiled.

If I am wrong, then I will wholeheartedly apologize to YNWA and mods can apply any sort of long-term ban THEY chose for me being a self-righteous *******.
jeffk
AG
Sorry, I'm sure someone already answered this, but was the two episode drop this week just an unfounded rumor?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
jeffk said:

Sorry, I'm sure someone already answered this, but was the two episode drop this week just an unfounded rumor?

it was unfounded rumor due to spoiler re: the surprise guest at the end of the episode getting out in the wild.

some people were guessing/hoping Disney would release 2 to get ahead.

TCTTS
jeffk
AG
Thanks! Just got a chance to watch this weeks and skimmed through the 200 new posts, but didn't see an explanation.
C@LAg
YNWA,

IF I am wrong and calling you out unfairly, please let us know as I am not trying to unfairly attack your character.

And I am most definitely not trying to squelch yours or anyone else's participation here.

I did not do this lightly or out of any animosity to you, as God knows I periodically annoy enough people here as it is.

YNWA_AG
AG
C@LAg said:

YNWA,

IF I am wrong and calling you out unfairly, please let us know as I am not trying to unfairly attack your character.

And I am most definitely not trying to squelch yours or anyone else's participation here.

I did not do this lightly or out of any animosity to you, as God knows I periodically annoy enough people here as it is.

No I misremembered the quote. You're not wrong. They just vaguely referenced the astronaut training program in the show, which I still think is referencing fantastic four. Just not as direct as what I thought I remembered. My fault.
C@LAg
YNWA_AG said:

No I misremembered the quote. You're not wrong. They just vaguely referenced the astronaut training program in the show, which I still think is referencing fantastic four. Just not as direct as what I thought I remembered. My fault.
If I unfairly called you out, please accept my sincere apology, and feel free to have mods delete my comments AND give me a ban.

If you were inadvertently referencing potential spoilers in some of your other comments, just be more cognizant of that in the future, whether intentional or not. It is easy to accidentally do that.

Some of your earlier comments were very on the nose to spoiler discussion topics on other sites.

As one of the more prolific marvel comics readers on this site, I occasionally accidentally bring up unintentional spoilers every now and then by referencing the comics storylines that they are using/cribbing together for any given MCU project. So I am guilty at times as well.
YNWA_AG
AG
I was not spoiling, just theories here.
Saxsoon
AG
I typed in Wandavision spoilers in regards to a few comments made (stuff like Mephisto and Reed Richards) in google and I honestly couldn't find confirmed stuff. At most it is speculation based off of House of M of which this influenced it and speculation on reed because of the engineer comment

I can't speak to specifics But the spoiler they saw was an image of Evan peters in the show. It popped up last week. I saw the same one floating around but to my knowledge there hasn't been any other legitimate spoilers about this show.

I hate on mobile it accidentally puts that damn shades emoji. Really wish staff would let us change them.

TexasAggie_02
AG
bobinator said:

That seemed like a clear Reed Richards tease. I'm wondering if Wanda is the cause of the Fantastic Four getting their powers also.

I actually briefly considered if Darci, Woo, Rambeau and (soon to join) Richards would become the Fantastic Four since they've made a point of mentioning cosmic background radiation and if memory serves a blast of radiation is how they get their powers. But not having Sue and Johnny be brother and sister would be a pretty big change, as would having two of them be female.

I think it was bc the cosmic radiation is the type of radiation thought to be left from the big bang. She got her powers from an infinity stone which was a remnant of the big bang.
91_Aggie
AG
and hopefully this isn't a spoiler... think it's been discussed.... it's pure speculation on my part based on her history in the comics.

Early Scarlet Witch in the comic had some basic powers from being a mutant.
however, she later was trained in l "Magic Powers" by a witch which made her even more powerful.

So, I'm thinking the powers she got from the Mind Stone is how MCU got around the "can't call her a mutant"
and maybe some powerful witch or say a Sorcerer Supreme takes her under his/her wing to teach her magic and then later earns the moniker "Scarlet Witch" who casts Hexes.
C@LAg
From the Ep 6 preview:

As next week's episode is the Halloween episode with her in the comic version of her outfit, I am betting someone references "a scarlet witch" in that episode.
texasaggie04
AG
For those who haven't watched the Easter eggs video posted earlier, was a cool catch in there that each of the commercials not only point to part of her past but also are reminiscent of an infinity stone.

Toaster light (placed to look like the mind stone)
Strucker watch (time stone)
Hydra soap (blue square like the tesseract)
Lagos spill (red liquid like aether)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.