Wandavision Discussion Thread

193,926 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now you have me thinking about some details I want to go back and watch. It feels like there are times where Vision can only do things he's directed to do.
texasaggie04
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think Vision is just fast. It doesn't have anything to do with Quicksilver.

That might be the case, I can't speak to his comic book powers. It's just interesting that in the mcu we've never seen that side of him before. But it's been a fairly common feature in the show, which leads me (perhaps as a red herring) to wonder if there's more to it.
amercer
AG
I think Wanda gave him some of her brother's powers as well.
imjustsayin
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think Vision is just fast. It doesn't have anything to do with Quicksilver.

That might be the case, I can't speak to his comic book powers. It's just interesting that in the mcu we've never seen that side of him before. But it's been a fairly common feature in the show, which leads me (perhaps as a red herring) to wonder if there's more to it.

I'm not sure if it's related to quicksilver or not but it DEFINITELY resembles quicksilver a powers and I DEFINITELY don't remember Vision being associated with that power. I tend to think there is something to it... not just coincidental.

I've always been told that when it comes to movies and TV shows, the things they say and do on camera all have a purpose... everything is for a reason. So, I tend not to think it's just happenstance.
imjustsayin
AG
I also tend to think that is actually Visions body, and not just Wandas imagination. Think about how in that scene reality is starting to impose on the sitcom world with Geraldine/Monica and Wanda is emotionally weak in that moment... She's a little surprised and maybe disappointed with herself for disproportionately blowing up Monica to the moment... then she has to put everything back together again... then Vision comes in, as he actually is, and when she sees him, she gasped and looks away... recomposes herself (perhaps to put him back to pleasant view) then he's back to normal again.

Plus, as someone else mentioned, Vision is questioning this "perfect space" through several episodes and she undoes every one of his moments.

By the way, that scene (grey vision) was absolutely breathtaking. Couldn't believe how effective such a simple shot was... the music didn't even cheapen it... it was a soft music hit, not a cheap horror loud music hit.
amercer
AG
To me it makes sense that she could rebuild the mind stone and actually recreate Vision. That would be a pretty standard comic book move. However, I don't see the MCU going that direction and really bringing him back. So maybe he's real but without the stone (maybe Agnes or hydra magic), or maybe he's real but can only be held together within a Wanda bubble. (Which leads us to kind of a WW84 ending)

Still I expect Wanda to fully lose it and disappear at the end of this show, setting up the Dr Strange plot.
redline248
AG
When Wanda sent Monica flying through the walls, was that the first time in this "show" that her powers had the red aether-like cloud she usually has? She looked at her hands in a weird way right after as the red was fading.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
When she was trying to get rid of the stork she did so with a red poof of magic.

I think her magic effect is being displayed using the special effects available in the decade they're representing. So the modern red magic only showed up when she broke the fourth wall and stopped pretending to be in the other decade.

It just occurred how funny it is that when Wanda basically acknowledged the show isn't real, she kicked Monica out by literally breaking the fourth wall and then putting it back together again .
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it true they're dropping 5 and 6 on Friday?
agracer
AG
The 4th episode last night showed everyone reappearing where they disappeared. If that were true, how did Spider Man/Guardians get back to earth so quick in End Game? Their were NO SHIPS on Titan. Stark and Nebula barely made it back in a derelict ship they pieced together.
YNWA_AG
AG
I heard the rumor since major episode 6 spoilers have already leaked
YellowPot_97
AG
agracer said:

The 4th episode last night showed everyone reappearing where they disappeared. If that were true, how did Spider Man/Guardians get back to earth so quick in End Game? Their were NO SHIPS on Titan. Stark and Nebula barely made it back in a derelict ship they pieced together.

Do you not remember all the portals that Strange and his wizard buddies made? There were dozens of them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently my friend can't read. He saw an article about premiering with 1-2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I do wonder how quickly Strange got to his buddies and told them the game plan. They got there QUICK.
amercer
AG
Well, he knew the plan before they even fought Thanos on titan. So maybe his bros were prepared.
TXAG 05
AG
Some of y'all either have bad memories or just don't pay attention to what's on screen. It was a fairly big and memorable scene in Endgame showing how everyone got to the battlefield.
Saxsoon
AG
cav14
YellowPot_97 said:

agracer said:

Do you not remember all the portals that Strange and his wizard buddies made? There were dozens of them.

My only hangup with the portals is that if Dr Strange can use his portal to beam everyone across the galaxy, then why didn't he just do that when they were on the donut ship instead of asking Tony Stark to turn the ship around?
YNWA_AG
AG
Saxsoon said:

2 episodes this week confirmed then
Capitol Ag
AG
cav14 said:

YellowPot_97 said:

agracer said:

My only hangup with the portals is that if Dr Strange can use his portal to beam everyone across the galaxy, then why didn't he just do that when they were on the donut ship instead of asking Tony Stark to turn the ship around?
B/c they wanted to ambush Thanos there on Titan as they knew he was coming and felt they had the advantage in that he wasn't aware that there was more than just Dr. Strange waiting for him.

Remember, they had Strange, Spidey, Tony, Quill, Mantis and Drax and that is before Nebula showed up during the fight. Thanos thought he'd find Ebony Maw there with Strange. Maw was dead and the other Black Order member was left back in the Artic on Earth when Strange portaled him there.
bobinator
AG
Everyone's been so focused on who blipped where but the real tragedy is people who died because of the snap but weren't snapped themselves. Like you're in the backseat and your driver gets snapped and you die in a car wreck.

Those poor folks are just dead. No blipping back for them.
agracer
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

agracer said:

duh....my bad....completely forgot about that.
Sex Panther
AG
cav14 said:

YellowPot_97 said:

agracer said:

One does not simply teleport into Titan
cav14
Capitol Ag said:

cav14 said:

YellowPot_97 said:

agracer said:

B/c they wanted to ambush Thanos there on Titan as they knew he was coming and felt they had the advantage in that he wasn't aware that there was more than just Dr. Strange waiting for him.

Remember, they had Strange, Spidey, Tony, Quill, Mantis and Drax and that is before Nebula showed up during the fight. Thanos thought he'd find Ebony Maw there with Strange. Maw was dead and the other Black Order member was left back in the Artic on Earth when Strange portaled him there.
Yes I know about that plan which Tony Stark proposed to Strange when they were arguing with each other on the ship as far as what to do next. But it still stands that Strange initially wanted to go back to Earth... hence why he asked Tony to turn the ship around. My question is why did Strange even need to ask at all if all he could just have done was sling ring portal his way immediately back to Earth himself?
bobinator
AG
Maybe there's a weight limit on the portals and he wanted to keep the ship.
jeffk
AG
It's a sweet ship.
tx1c
AG
cav14 said:

Capitol Ag said:

cav14 said:

YellowPot_97 said:

agracer said:

Yes I know about that plan which Tony Stark proposed to Strange when they were arguing with each other on the ship as far as what to do next. But it still stands that Strange initially wanted to go back to Earth... hence why he asked Tony to turn the ship around. My question is why did Strange even need to ask at all if all he could just have done was sling ring portal his way immediately back to Earth himself?
He already simmed over 14,000,000 possibilities that failed. Surely it was considered in those.
Post removed:
by user
ChimbosAg
AG
CoachRTM
AG
Seems like a bit of hyperbole. I'm not sure that there's a single Marvel character that would rival Luke at this point.

Spoiler tagging my guesses in case some don't like speculation:

Iron Man?
Black Panther if they filmed something a while back?
X-Men character?
Spider-Man (not Tom Holland) - lead into next phase
Bruce Almighty
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
One of my friends predicted Fantastic Four, but that's not a "vet".

I'm sure it's Doctor Strange or someone that leads into one of the other shows based on existing characters.
redline248
AG
I'm not spoiler tagging guesses.

Other potential surprises, some of which probably don't make sense

Falcon (nowhere close to Luke)
Cap, a literal Vet in more ways than one.
Black Widow (if vision is alive in a not reincarnated way, why couldn't she?)
Red Skull - guide to the soul stone, Wanda could be doing soul type power
Loki - who knows wtf he's up to

And, obviously, it won't be as stunning by virtue of giving everyone a heads up. So, I agree that it's just hype train.
gggmann
AG
Charles Xavier makes the most sense from a storyline perspective - someone needs to get in her head, and the mutant connection (yeah, I know they started down a different route with her, but that can be retconned)
redline248
AG
Doesn't fit the criteria for "MCU vet."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.