Wandavision Discussion Thread

197,795 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
heddleston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did we ever really figure out who Woo was tracking? Was it Wanda?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Whoooaaa...that was post #420 brah!

But no, we don't know yet.
YellowPot_97
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Unsnapped in your bedroom with your now remarried spouse who you interrupt in the act.

The snap happened while you were on an airplane in the air. But between snap and unsnap the plane was scrapped for parts, crashed, etc.

Snapped while digging a sewer conduit. Unsnapped, the conduit is finished and full.

The list of possibilities is endless.

Bringing everyone back unleashed a massive calamity on the world. The entire population of the world doubled in an instance. Think of the resources, food, water, shelter that would be needed to care for 3.5 billion people. Yeah everyone came back but a lot of people are going to starve to death, millions. How many people committed suicidal after loved ones got snapped? How many people remarried in the five years? A lot of lives are going to be ruined after the blip. The Avengers may end up being the villains that destroyed the world.
redline248
AG
Well, for 5 years only half the resources needed to sustain 7.5 billion people were being used, so they had some reserves.
rynning
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief
jeffk
AG
Gray Vision creeped me out.

Wondering what his character is representing. He seems to be pushing Wanda to leave or let go of the bubble reality, but I wonder if he's Wanda's subconscious or if there's really a shred of his consciousness preserved somewhere that she's interacting with.
AgfromHOU
AG
This snapped discussion goes to show how much people are willing to forgive/hand wave about the plot if everything around it is handled well.

On the flip side, things like "What if they were in a plane or boat while snapped" would be a huge cause of ridicule if the movies and show were mediocre or worse.
TXAG 05
AG
jeffk said:

Wondering what his character is representing. He seems to be pushing Wanda to leave or let go of the bubble reality, but I wonder if he's Wanda's subconscious or if there's really a shred of his consciousness preserved somewhere that she's interacting with.

I think he appeared that way due to Wanda diverting her powers to getting rid of Rambeau.
Quad Dog
AG
[That is a spoiler from another movie. -Staff]
jeffk
AG
TXAG 05 said:

jeffk said:

I think he appeared that way due to Wanda diverting her powers to getting rid of Rambeau.

Sure, but who "is he" though? Is he just a projection in her own mind, or is he really Vision (in some capacity)?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think vision is Wanda's memory of vision, so he's true to who she knew him to me.

But I think I've seen mention that vision's memories might have been mapped out in Wakanda before his death, so she could have gotten help uploading those memories into vision's corpse and then magically given it life, or something a bit more convoluted like that.
Thanks and gig'em
TXAG 05
AG
Could it be Vision's body? Would they go that dark, to have Wanda hanging out with it, pretending it's alive?
redline248
AG
One of those YouTube guys thinks Wanda resurrected him
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
If a fan discussed it in their youtube channel, then it's almost 98% certain to be wrong.
redline248
AG
I would say that's probably accurate, but he did lay out why/how Wanda could have reconstructed the stone. Whatever/whoever this Vision is does seem to be figuring out that things aren't right. If he was pure figment of her imagination he would always be accepting of the life she's created.
C@LAg
we have no idea if that is even the real stone (or even a fake one).

She could just be reanimating his lifeless shell and creating a glamor that makes it appear as if the stone is there and he is whole and "healthy". The glamor dropped when she lost her concentration, and we saw what he really looks like "in real life" at the present.

His comic origins have nothing to do with the infinity stones. Given that we are moving past the Infinity stones (hopefully), they could be working up some alternate form of "power" behind him - either an extension of her powers or from another source.
redline248
AG
We also don't know if that's what he really looks like or if she was just having a traumatic flash to his death after being reminded of Ultron. I think all possibilities are on the table.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

We also don't know if that's what he really looks like or if she was just having a traumatic flash to his death after being reminded of Ultron. I think all possibilities are on the table.
yes. that is why I said "could"...
texasaggie04
AG
We also don't know how Quicksilver fits in yet. Vision seems to have his powers of super speed. Crazy fast calculating at work, running super fast with the doctor, moving quickly to catch the falling fruit, etc.
Farmer1906
AG
I think Vision is just fast. It doesn't have anything to do with Quicksilver.
YNWA_AG
AG
Apparently some episode 6 spoilers leaked
YouBet
AG
If the MCU guys are using Wanda's comic book powers as the basis here then she can project pretty much whatever the hell she wants to project. Vision's physical presence is irrelevant.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Now that everyone has been blipped back to life, how is it that Wanda is still in this tv world and not fighting Thanos right now?
AgfromHOU
AG
There's a bit of a time skip between the cold open of everyone coming back and Rambeau going into Westview.
jeffk
AG
AgfromHOU said:

There's a bit of a time skip between the cold open of everyone coming back and Rambeau going into Westview.

Didn't the SWORD dude say it's been two weeks or something?
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

AgfromHOU said:

Three weeks plus I'd assume a couple days for her to get to Westview.
TXAG 05
AG
jeffk said:

AgfromHOU said:

Yes. When she reported back at SWORD, it had been 3 weeks since the Blip
bearamedic99
AG
Late to the party but for those who try to reason out Wanda's powers as part of the Infinity Stone, how do you explain quicksilver's power?
AliasMan02
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Late to the party but for those who try to reason out Wanda's powers as part of the Infinity Stone, how do you explain quicksilver's power?

The stone just awakened powers or imbued them with powers. They aren't necessarily the same powers as the stone.
HoustonAg2106
AG
AgfromHOU said:

So Wanda left Westview to fight Thanos and then disappeared again to go back to Westview? Seems strange
Farmer1906
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

AgfromHOU said:

So Wanda left Westview to fight Thanos and then disappeared again to go back to Westview? Seems strange

The first thing all the hero's did after getting returned was fight Thanos. This is after Tony's funeral but before far from home. Visions death is still very fresh for Wanda.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Farmer1906 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

AgfromHOU said:

The first thing all the hero's did after getting returned was fight Thanos. This is after Tony's funeral but before far from home. Visions death is still very fresh for Wanda.

Oh okay so she didn't go to Westview until after fighting Thanos.
Farmer1906
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Farmer1906 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

AgfromHOU said:

Oh okay so she didn't go to Westview until after fighting Thanos.

I highly doubt it. We see everyone just minutes after Hulk snaps everyone back. Then we see her again at Tony's funeral with Clint being all sad about Black Widow and Vision.

TXAG 05
AG
Rambeau coming back at the hospital happened at the same time everyone was coming out of the portals in Endgame. Sometime after Tony's funeral, Wanda goes to Westview and this show starts.
91_Aggie
AG
Speaking of Vision's existence here... others alluding to Wanda rebuilding him...
When his boss was choking, she had to COMMAND Vision to save him... not fully developed yet.
His "job" is at a company that only "produces" calculations...

So it could be that Vision is being rebuilt and his job of only doing calculations is the rebuilding of his AI, memories, and personality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.