Wandavision Discussion Thread

194,213 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Dr. Horrible
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rhutton125 said:

You know, I can't really stomach watching the Mandalorian week to week. Too little happens, etc. I just have to build up 2 or 3 and then watch them in bulk.

I'm too big a fan of this universe to do it that way but I could see someone having those same problems with WandaVision. I'd recommend hitting a few at a time. Lowers the anticipation a bit, lessens the sting of a boring or unimportant episode, etc.
I had to watch ep3 again with my wife and was already thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy watching this whole show consecutively a second time through.
C@LAg
just because I am bored. and this is literally "what if".

How awesome would it be if later in the season a green-haired girl shows up with magnetic powers and announces she is Wanda's half sister, Lorna/Polaris.

they could slightly retcon the Mind Stone being the source of Wanda/Pietro's powers to it unlocking their latent mutant abilities, which is why it worked on them and not other experiments.

and of course to would back-door mutants and Magneto.

redline248
AG
Would Magneto put them tp to be adopted, or something, in this scenario?
C@LAg
redline248 said:

he does not have to even be aware of them. They could play it up as they are genetically grown from Magneto's cells/blood taken while he was still in the concentration camp, which would explain the HUGE time gap between Magento's WW2 origins and current continuity. Magneto, of course, could be slow to age as part of his mutant "powers". So he would be aware of Lorna, but not the twins.

in the comics, at present,. thy were retconned to not be Magneto's children since at the time Marvel and Fox were fighting over "mutants". Marvel changed their history and turned them into Inhumans.

It was stupid, petty bullcrap that took a huge dump on 40 years of characterizations.

And something I hope both Marvel (comics) and the MCU fixes.

again, this is such a HUGE tangent, and just a mental "what if". but it would be a neat "what if" like the whole Luke at the end of Mando S02.

AliasMan02
AG
I think they'll go completely another way with Magneto's backstory. Trying to force the holocaust angle given the time gap doesn't seem like the MCU way to do it.

In the former Ultimate (Marvel 1610) continuity, his backstory didn't have any of that.
C@LAg
AliasMan02 said:

I think they'll go completely another way with Magneto's backstory. Trying to force the holocaust angle given the time gap doesn't seem like the MCU way to do it.

In the former Ultimate (Marvel 1610) continuity, his backstory didn't have any of that.
true, but there are already so many ties to WW2 in the MCU via Cap, Hydra, Strucker, Stark.

plus 1610 Magneto is Canadian..
and that is so very wrong.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Oh, I see the inevitable Texags Entertainment board shift from show discussion to fan fiction has taken place. Oh well, it was a nice thread while it lasted.
Counterpoint
AG

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

he does not have to even be
again, this is such a HUGE tangent, and just a mental "what if". but it would be a neat "what if" like the whole * at the end of Mando S02.

I SERIOUSLY doubt there's anyone on this thread who hasn't seen Mandalorian and wants to, but just in case, I wouldn't want to see THAT spoiler, especially when reading a thread on a different subject!
imjustsayin
AG
C@LAg said:

Excellent watch. Underscores how much could be going on behind each little detail and is exactly why I love this show!!
Drawkcab
What was Herb trying to tell Vision? They're all trapped? Why do you think he was trying to cut through the brick wall?

The Dr. implied they were all trapped. If he knew that though, why was he saying they were going on vacation in the first place?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I kind of get the sense that everyone in Westview is under fluid and varying degrees of mind control. Sometimes they're 100% under the spell of the sitcom, but sometimes they start to realize (similar to Vision and Wanda) that something is amiss "who are you?" / "Stop it," and then they get snapped back under the sitcom's control. And sometimes they just kind of glitch out, like Herb cheerfully chainsawing through the wall without realizing or caring.
Thanks and gig'em
Flashdiaz
AG
Maybe they all start out fresh at the beginning of the episode than start remembering as the show goes on.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
We've seen Wanda's ability to rewind. Maybe she's resetting everyone? Or maybe everyone but Agatha/Agnes.
Brock Sampson
AG
For the children
Brock Sampson
AG
The scene at the end where the agents are all rushing to see the chick that dropped in if you look to the right where the lights are you can definitely see something weird going on.
texasaggie04
AG
Brock Sampson said:

The scene at the end where the agents are all rushing to see the chick that dropped in if you look to the right where the lights are you can definitely see something weird going on.

I think that's basically where she's located in real life. Like the town itself, or in this case perhaps the "studio" where all the shows are being filmed. It looked like sword basically has that area surrounded and under surveillance. They were somehow able to send Geraldine inside, and Wanda kicked her back out.
Post removed:
by user
StringerBell
AG
Might make sense that the only available tv in sokovia is nick at nite type re runs
Post removed:
by user
imjustsayin
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Also remember, that when Geraldine was kicked out... it was day time... but it was night when she landed past the lights with the bubble screen thingy.

Clearly a different zone.
jeffk
AG
Still wearing the same clothes though, right? So some things are the same between the sides of the shimmery barrier.
G Martin 87
AG
bearamedic99 said:

DubFalls said:

The song at the end of the episode was "Cheer up Sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean"

I think Nightmare might be involved. What if Nightmare is the goddess within to be freed?

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean is CLEARLY a clue that it isn't even Scarlet Witch but Jean Grey tricked by the Shadow King and controlling the town with telepathy....

Naw, but Nightmare would be cool and help lead into the Dr Strange movie
The name of the song is literally "Daydream Believer".

Anyone else read "The Lathe of Heaven" by Ursula K. LeGuin?
Claude!
So if they continue through the sitcom homages throughout the decade, does that mean we'll get a Full House-style episode?
Malachi Constant
AG
Claude! said:

So if they continue through the sitcom homages throughout the decade, does that mean we'll get a Full House-style episode?
Full House is an absolute must as there can be a meta tie in to Marky-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Was the last episode (Brady Bunch & Partridge Family) it for the 70s? What about All in the Family, Happy Days, Bob Newhart, MASH?

For the 80s, surely Cosby Show? Friends?

So many possibilities.
wangus12
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Was the last episode (Brady Bunch & Partridge Family) it for the 70s? What about All in the Family, Happy Days, Bob Newhart, MASH?

So many possibilities.
Did you just suggest Friends was from the 80's
Decay
AG
6 episodes total right? 3 down, 3 to go. You're probably gonna get 1 each 80's, then 90's, then some kind of non-sitcom modern day grand finale right?
Post removed:
by user
Ornithopter
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

So many possibilities.

I think a Cosby Show episode would be the most offensive thing they could possibly do. Dressing in blackface to imitate a rapist?
Decay
AG
third coast.. said:

6 to go
Oh wow okay. We got a lot to work with then.
YouBet
AG
DubFalls said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

So many possibilities.

I think a Cosby Show episode would be the most offensive thing they could possibly do. Dressing in blackface to imitate a rapist?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Quote:

Did you just suggest Friends was from the 80's

The decades sort of bleed together!

Cosby overlapped with Seinfeld which overlapped with Friends.

But yeah, Friends didn't start until 1994.
GIF Reactor
AG
We still haven't seen all the MCU movies -- would we enjoy this show or just be lost?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Family Ties and Growing Pains might fit in there, but Full House has to be it.
CowtownAg06
AG
both?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.