Wandavision Discussion Thread

192,179 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NPH- said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

NPH- said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

NPH- said:

C@LAg said:

I mentioned a few days ago about a 4chan leaker who has been spot on the last few episodes.
That person has posted their update which covers both episodes 8 and 9, and the subject matters are being discussed on some of the youtube sites.

Just a heads up that you may not want to browse too wide if you want to remain unspoiled.

I have no idea how to navigate 4chan, but am curious to see what the leaks say. How do I go about finding this information?
Have you considered Googling Wandavision leaks?
Thanks ahole didn't think about that....
I appreciate and accept your sincere thanks.
I value your appreciation & acceptance of the thanks.
You honor me.
Saxsoon
AG
fig96 said:

Saxsoon said:

The marvelstudiosspoilers Reddit is probably the safest bet. There is a verified thing for episode 8 on the front page
How do we have a verified thing for an episode that no one has seen yet?
Apparently the leaker provided proof with screenshots and some other stuff to the mod of the subreddit.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
So who's staying up tonight? The past couple weeks I feel like I've had to or I'm guaranteed to be spoiled on social media the next day, even by the big company accounts. And this week and next week seem especially spoiler sensitive. We could either get the big reveal tonight, in the penultimate episode, or in the finale, Luke Skywalker style. Either way, it's about to get crazy...
Aggie_Journalist
AG
TBD! Catching it at midnight was pretty fun last week.

It was like the WFH version of when movies used to do midnight releases. (Oh, sweet nostalgia.)
Thanks and gig'em
YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS said:

So who's staying up tonight? The past couple weeks I feel like I've had to or I'm guaranteed to be spoiled on social media the next day, even by the big company accounts. But this week and next week seem especially spoiler sensitive. We could either get the big reveal tonight, in the penultimate episode, or in the finale, Luke Skywalker style. Either way, it's about to get crazy...

Definitely easier to do for the west coast people, i plan to do it for the finale next week. Have an appointment Friday morning so I can't stay up until 3 am tonight.
CoachRTM
AG
It is 3am central, right?

I'm working from home this week, so I'll watch it at 7-8am with my wife.

I will NOT be working from home next week for the finale.... so, that's a tougher call.
TCTTS
AG
Midnight Pacific
2 AM Central
3 AM Eastern
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
great

so are we also going to get a ****ty cock-tease ending where it was alien Skrulls acting like her fake-"father" Magneto all along?
C@LAg
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Midnight Pacific
2 AM Central
3 AM Eastern
Im doin' it. Maybe nap from 12-2, watch, then back to bed and get up at 8:30 or so.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

So who's staying up tonight? The past couple weeks I feel like I've had to or I'm guaranteed to be spoiled on social media the next day, even by the big company accounts. And this week and next week seem especially spoiler sensitive. We could either get the big reveal tonight, in the penultimate episode, or in the finale, Luke Skywalker style. Either way, it's about to get crazy...
Man if I was still in Seattle I would in a heart beat. Being back in Texas that is a lot harder to pull.
C@LAg
simple.

go to bed an hour earlier. get up an hour earlier, watch before you go to work.

FincAg
AG
Lunch
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

simple.

go to bed an hour earlier. get up an hour earlier, watch before you go to work.

Lucky for me I don't work Fridays
jetescamilla
AG
TCTTS said:

Midnight Pacific
2 AM Central
3 AM Eastern
*11PM AK Time

This is an easy one for me, I'm usually up until midnight most days anyway
scoop12
AG
I get up at 5 every day, so now on Fridays, I watch this. I don't feel too behind when watching 2-3 hours after it premieres
TCTTS
AG
I was hoping this wouldn't be a flashback/origins episode, but now I'm glad I was wrong. Because this is pretty awesome so far...
BoydCrowder13
Will be interested to see how they tie it all up in the next 45 min or so. Certainly have made Wanda an extremely powerful character.
TCTTS
AG
While not the most eventful episode in terms of forward progress, this was the first time in so, so long that something genuinely looked and sounded like a true summer blockbuster. From the acting to the cinematography to the sets to the effects to the score... it all made me miss theater going so much, in the best way. It at least *felt* like a true Marvel event, something we haven't had in 20 long months. So glad I made some popcorn to go with it.

This summer cannot get here soon enough.
TCTTS
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Everyone be sure to watch that mid-credits scene and tell me what the hell is going on.
TCTTS
AG
dave94
AG
TCTTS said:

That five minute sequence in the Avengers compound was exactly what was needed to show how they connected. It was really endearing.

Paul Bettany is just awesome as Vision. And Elizabeth Olsen nailed this episode, as she has the entire series.
TCTTS
AG
Harry Lime said:

Everyone be sure to watch that mid-credits scene and tell me what the hell is going on.

If I understand correctly, the security camera footage we saw earlier in the season of Wanda stealing Vision must have been doctored? I assume to cast her as more of a threat? And instead, S.W.O.R.D. continued their work on Vision and have finally brought him back "online"? Will be interesting to see which version of Vision we get now, sans the Mind Stone. My guess is he's more of an inhuman weapon now. That said, maybe Wanda's version merges with this new version by the end of the finale to form some kind of new/good Vision that can once again exist in the real world.
TCTTS
AG
dave94 said:

TCTTS said:

That five minute sequence in the Avengers compound was exactly what was needed to show how they connected. It was really endearing.

Paul Bettany is just awesome as Vision. And Elizabeth Olsen nailed this episode, as she has the entire series.

100%. That was so good.

Bettany as Vision is increasingly such a marvel to behold (pun slightly intended), from the acting to what they've managed to do with him effects-wise. He's such a cool, unique-looking superhero who I've really grown to like more and more.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I caught part of Infinity War the other day on FX. Right before they were attacked, Wanda and Vision are talking about their relationship. Vision told her something like "We've been stealing these moments for 2 years now." Added some context I'd never paid attention too - they'd been together or trying to be a couple for a while when he died.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
So, are we understanding now that Wanda did not really recover Vision's body, and she created an illusion of him w/in the Hex? The last time we saw Hex Vision, he was still stuck in the van with Hacker Girl.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's what I took from it at least.
jetescamilla
AG
Good episode, I'll watch it again tomorrow with the wife and see if I can pull out little Easter eggs the 2nd time around
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Not surprisingly there are not too many obvious Easter eggs in this one, given that this one was so backwards looking. Everything should be more or less obvious to everyone. Lots of little references here and there, but nothing that is really noteworthy.

The White Vision is from the Vision Quest storyline, which Marvel announced upfront was one of the core stories used as inspiration for this series. It too deals with a reconstructed Vision coming back without his personalities and memories.

It will be interesting to see what they do as his powers came from the Stone (in the MCU, not in the comics). No stone... he should not have any of his traditional powers. But they will likely use the "chaos magic power" explanation.

Chaos magic was finally mentioned to describe Wanda's powers. It is the most powerful magic in Marvel comics (more powerful than everything Strange has) and Wanda is pretty much the only one with it.
This magic can manipulate, warp and reconstruct the very fabric of existence and reality to the user's very whims and bring about total destruction to the cosmos. In the comics, she got the powers as a result of both her latent mutant abilities and the influence of Chthon, an arch-demon mentioned previously in this thread.

And shockingly (so far) almost all the "spoilers" were wrong (unless they somehow manage to cram all of them into the final episode.

C@LAg
from vision quest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.