Wandavision Discussion Thread

197,871 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did anyone notice in episode 2 that the second floor windows in their house looked like the SWORD emblem?
agracer
AG
Did anyone else notice its shot 4:3
AliasMan02
AG
agracer said:

Yeah I loved that. Nice touch.
fig96
AG
agracer said:

Rewatch the Marvel intro at the beginning of ep 1, really cool transition.
Malachi Constant
AG
What time does episode 3 drop tomorrow?
AMW2010
AG
If you are central time... 2am
AMW2010
AG
Woah!!! That episode was SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!
dave94
AG
Yes, that was badass. I'm so bought in on this. Such a unique concept and great execution.

The (double) aspect change was freaking cool as sh*t. One of those geek out moments but not for anything other than the technical coolness of it.

Marvel got their sh*t on point.
FearNoWeevil
AG
I use the phrase "Calgon, take me away!" at work all the time...and the youngsters just give me blank stares...
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
Okay, even if she is being manipulated, it is pretty clear her powers are at play being able to kick Geraldine out at the mention of trauma (Pietro).

Very very interesting. Wondering if we start seeing her and Woo outside of the complex for interstitials or end of episode stuff.
Saxsoon
AG
Also nice touch to regain a little bit of her accent there at the end.
texasaggie04
AG
"Do these earrings make me look fat?"
[Lights out]
"Oh, thank God."
redline248
AG
FearNoWeevil said:

I use the phrase "Calgon, take me away!" at work all the time...and the youngsters just give me blank stares...
I made my mom watch with me this morning to ask her if she could tell which era they were going for, and she cracked up about the Calgon commercial, too. I, of course, had no idea...but it was still fun.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Now THAT is why putting these shows out once a week is superior to dumping the entire series online at once!
Lathspell
AG
Got a lot more of that eerie, twilight zone like vibe out of this one, which is what I was wanting. This was was interesting.
StringerBell
AG
Helluva episode. Giving me Lost vibes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't lie. Still a meh for me. But hopeful after that ending.
Bruce Almighty
AG
90% of the episode was boring. The ending was cool.
imjustsayin
AG
The first two commercials were nods to traumatic moments in Wandas past... stark toaster with beeping red light (stark bomb that stared her and Brother in the face and never went off) and Von strucker watch (hydra and strucker used infinity stones to experiment on her and her brother hence powers)...
So what does Hydra soap point to?
imjustsayin
AG
Also, the doc "small towns so hard to... escape"

Definitely some creepy tones.

Neighbor and Agnes asking about Geraldine.
Sex Panther
AG
That was great... thinking by the end this could be pretty masterful
AliasMan02
AG
The creepiness of the last 8 minutes or so was really heightened by the sort of formulaic blandness of everything leading up to it, I thought. Excepting the one time Wanda made a correction when Vision was starting to realize what's going on, it was all pretty straight forward Bewitched/Genie comedy.

But here is what I love about this show. The easiest thing in the world would have been for Disney to roll out a bunch of 3 million dollar an episode superhero fare like what is on CW. It would have been incredibly marketable and profitable.

But instead, they roll out WandaVision. What a HUGE risk. This thing took some balls to put out there, especially as the first streaming series (even though it was supposed to be second... they could have pushed it).

This show might not have worked. It's so high concept and weird, and relies on audience appreciation of a couple of secondary characters and also TV history. It's crazy expensive to make and won't sell a bunch off-platform, won't have any merch associated, etc. If it hit a note that was too esoteric or complicated or clever... it really could have gone south.

Good for Marvel, still taking big swings and connecting.
jeffk
AG
OH WHAT CAN IT MEAN?!
AgfromHOU
AG
Marvel could put out a four hour movie or 10 part tv series of Kevin Feige doing armpit farts and fans would it eat it up and consider it top tier entertainment
amercer
AG
Another good episode. This one made it look more like Wanda was in control, but I don't think she is. Still everyone in town knows not to piss her off...
gambochaman
AG
This thing is weird as hell and an absolute masterclass

Holy hell genius
Lathspell
AG
amercer said:

Another good episode. This one made it look more like Wanda was in control, but I don't think she is. Still everyone in town knows not to piss her off...
Was thinking the same thing for a moment, but then she seems so surprised by everything. That, and she was the one who started to figure things out in the second episode before things got reset.

Hope the ending has a good payoff.
Bones08
AG
Great episode!

So what was the neighbor about to say before Agnes stopped him?

"We're all..."

Dead? Trapped? Not real?
heddleston
AG
So when Geraldine lands out there were those guys not happy to see her? If so, then who were they?
amercer
AG
I think they've got a security perimeter so they come out guns blazing, but when they realize who she is (one of their agents) then it's all good.
heddleston
AG
That was my assumption but it also looked like she still had a gun drawn on her when it cut to black so I wasn't 100% sure.
AliasMan02
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Marvel could put out a four hour movie or 10 part tv series of Kevin Feige doing armpit farts and fans would it eat it up and consider it top tier entertainment
Yet they haven't done that, which is my point.
Post removed:
by user
TXAG 05
AG
third coast.. said:

Actors? They are all playing roles in this program. It sure has a setup like the Truman show.

Agreed. After this week it definitely seems more like a Truman show situation compared to just a dream.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.