Wandavision Discussion Thread

194,151 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you want to ready some pretty decent theories, HuffPo surprisingly has them.

Spoliers.
Bruce Almighty
AG
First episode was weird but I really enjoyed the second.
imjustsayin
AG
I'm enjoying it for sure but it could just be cause I'm hungry for new content. I'm willing to be patient to let the story develop but I do hole it accelerates as right now it the "strange moments" are just a few. They could be trying to establish the pacing fist before they can change it as part of the twist.

Competed two and ready for more... also they could be longer IMO
JCRiley09
AG
I've never really watched many old sitcoms, so this is whiffing on nostalgia points.... this show is just weird to me right now and I don't get it. Not sure I will bother watching more episodes if they don't break away from this classic sitcom and slapstick comedy format.

I kept watching the first episode waiting for them to snap out of it and it never happened.
CoachRTM
AG
Wife loves it.

I like Marvel, but have no nostalgia whatsoever for 50s/60s laughtrack TV. Somewhat entertaining, but I'm hoping the best is yet to come.

It's gonna be a slow burn to get to "modern time". We still got a lot of genres to get through (Brady Bunch, etc.)

The magic show has definitely been a high point of the series so far.
awall11
AG
I think this series is going to end up being better as a binge watch than a week by week show. I thought the second episode was better than the first, so hoping that trend continues. I assume there will be more and more breaks in the "matrix" as we go. That will help too.
Post removed:
by user
AMW2010
AG
If you didn't like the first 2 episodes... then you might as well not watch until episode 7. From what I read, the first 7 episodes are each an era based episode so episode one was 50/60's and so on and so forth. The last episodes (7,8,9) are apparently all out MCU style film...... that's at least what I read
redline248
AG
I can certainly see where this misses if you don't have the background of shows like bewitched or whatever. I bet a lot of younger viewers are going, wtf? The first episode was classic sitcom stuff with them misinterpreting each other, especially the phone conversation.

But hey, we're in technicolor, now
Bruce Almighty
AG
This makes me want to read Avengers disassembled and House of M again.
imjustsayin
AG
I think I read they actually shot it in front of a live studio audience for the first episode (and of course the audience members had to sign right NDA's).
DallasTeleAg
AMW2010 said:

If you didn't like the first 2 episodes... then you might as well not watch until episode 7. From what I read, the first 7 episodes are each an era based episode so episode one was 50/60's and so on and so forth. The last episodes (7,8,9) are apparently all out MCU style film...... that's at least what I read
Wish I hadn't had read this. You should spoiler tag that. I don't want to know when the "illusion" stops.
rhutton125
AG
That sounds like speculation anyway. I think reviewers have only seen the first 3 episodes.
kyledr04
AG
It was interesting but odd at the same time. I assume it'll make more sense as it goes. I liked Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, and other Nick @ Nite shows when I was a kid so that vibe was cool.
DallasTeleAg
kyledr04 said:

It was interesting but odd at the same time. I assume it'll make more sense as it goes. I liked Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, and other Nick @ Nite shows when I was a kid so that vibe was cool.
I'm in the same boat. Nick at Night when I was a kid was that same era. '93-'00. I find that style nostalgic and all. I was still expecting a little more to hook the audience.
Mathguy64
AG
I have no clue what I just watched. If it wasn't Marvel and I didn't know Wanda and Vision I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes before bailing.
Madmarttigan
AG
Already cancelled Disney + but if this gets y'all's thumbs up maybe will watch later. Previews look weird/terrible so not super excited for it.
Formerly tv1113
wangus12
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

kyledr04 said:

I'm in the same boat. Nick at Night when I was a kid was that same era. '93-'00. I find that style nostalgic and all. I was still expecting a little more to hook the audience.

Same here
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This will always be Lizzie Olsen to me.

Capitol Ag
AG
I'm in. After watching the trailer there's something big going on.
I've never read House of M or Avengers Disassembled but obviously someone is trying to get in. Should be good.
C@LAg
These are up.

This is the first time for a series where I think he is off base on a few of his projections. Granted we have very little to work with through the first two episodes, but I think he makes a few stretches in these, especially Ep 2.

Saxsoon
AG
redline248 said:

I can certainly see where this misses if you don't have the background of shows like bewitched or whatever. I bet a lot of younger viewers are going, wtf? The first episode was classic sitcom stuff with them misinterpreting each other, especially the phone conversation.

But hey, we're in technicolor, now
I mean I am 30 and I am loving this
YouBet
AG
We were cringing for about the first three minutes of E1 but then we got sucked into it. Maybe because we are a little older and watched a lot of the old sitcoms growing up.

E1 was a Dick Van Dyke set clone and E2 was a Bewitched clone for those that didn't catch it. Her neighbor friend was pretty good. Agnes(?)

Also, there is a pretty big spoiler on the SWORD badge online with a quick search. Don't search on it if you don't want to know. Once you read it it makes things pretty obvious though.
jeffk
AG
Fun to get A Knight's Tale Paul Bettany there for a bit in E2.
Muy
AG
YouBet said:

We were cringing for about the first three minutes of E1 but then we got sucked into it. Maybe because we are a little older and watched a lot of the old sitcoms growing up.

E1 was a Dick Van Dyke set clone and E2 was a Bewitched clone for those that didn't catch it. Her neighbor friend was pretty good. Agnes(?)

Also, there is a pretty big spoiler on the SWORD badge online with a quick search. Don't search on it if you don't want to know. Once you read it it makes things pretty obvious though.

Good analogies to the DVD show on episode 1 and Bewitched in episode 2, especially with her trying to cover for Vision at the talent show.

I also see some Lucille Ball Show type dialogue as well.

Grew up watching all those shows in the 70's and think they are doing a great job at giving these first couple of episodes that feeling.

Her neighbor is from SNL I believe and does a great job playing the friendly yet intrusive neighbor that every sitcom seemed to have back then.
TXAG 05
AG
She wasn't on SNL but has been in a bunch of movies like Anchorman, Step Brothers, Bad Moms.
Duncan Idaho
I really enjoyed it and appreciated the fact that the filmed each episode in the proper format with the right practical effect.
Mathguy64
AG
In addition to the big look of the Dick Van Dyke show for E1 I thought the closing of both episodes was a nod to Lucy and I wondered if Agnes was a nod to the Honeymooners. Her husband is Ralph and she keeps referring to his beer drinking. The Bewitched look of E2 was very clever at the end with the coloring as it was both in B&W and color. The dress/pants deal I know was from something but I couldn't figure it out. Maybe Mary Tyler Moore from DVD?
YouBet
AG
What's up with the 6 minutes of credits at the end? They doing that just so they can hit the arbitrary 30 min mark.
CoachRTM
AG
TXAG 05 said:

She wasn't on SNL but has been in a bunch of movies like Anchorman, Step Brothers, Bad Moms.

Yea, maybe thinking of Ana Gasteyer

Nosy Neighbor Lady is Kathryn Hahn
imjustsayin
AG
Watching this the second time (cause the kids are really loving the show... honestly I figured they'd be bored but they are into it)... and I'm honestly enjoying it for what it is the second watching. Perhaps the nostalgia is setting in and I understand this is NOT yet a typical MCU thing... but it has little clues dropped like the sword looking logo on the helicopter, that remind of the LOST show and its little clues.
imjustsayin
AG
Also, the acting of these characters in the old style of acting (the cheesy overacting style and body movements)... I'm fairly impressed with acting.

Also, the "who's doing this to you Wanda?" Is that Captain Jimmy Woo from Ant Man and Wasp?

....and the commercials!! Just awesome.
Sazerac
AG
Pretty strange so far

Noticed the watch commercial was a Hydra brand.
Saxsoon
AG
imjustsayin said:

Also, the acting of these characters in the old style of acting (the cheesy overacting style and body movements)... I'm fairly impressed with acting.

Also, the "who's doing this to you Wanda?" Is that Captain Jimmy Woo from Ant Man and Wasp?

Yeah it's Jimmy Woo

The fact that is the same couple in the commercials, some are speculating that they are her parents, especially because of the bomb ticking toaster
YouBet
AG
Saxsoon said:

imjustsayin said:

Yeah it's Jimmy Woo

The fact that is the same couple in the commercials, some are speculating that they are her parents, especially because of the bomb ticking toaster
Yes, I commented to my wife that the ticking toaster was obviously something, but I didn't know what.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.