Wandavision Discussion Thread

194,314 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

from reddit

Maybe I'm slow, but I have no idea what image I'm looking at or what they're trying to emphasize.
redline248
AG
The costume looks more like Vision's. But that stuff is on the TV screens on the Disney+ title page, so I'm not sure what's relevant to the silhouette in the mind stone thing she saw.
redline248
AG
The belt is new, though. The below image is from the D+ page

and this is from the show, without the brightened effect that C@LAg posted

CowtownAg06
AG
The line about love and grief was way too good to be in a show like this. Kudos.
C@LAg
glenda the good witch
AgfromHOU
AG
TCTTS said:

Maybe wait a week and see how this all plays out first before accusing the rest of us "eating slop." Good Lord.

TexAgs is never not ground zero for people overreacting to a plot point before seeing it fully play out, only to have it be revealed that the creators knew what they were doing all along. I'm not saying that's the case here, but either way... chill.

My favorite TexAgs plot point was either December 2015 or September 2017.
Ryan34
AG
Did the rabbit eat the bird?
Andyzipp
AG
I thought the bird turned back into a cicada when the rabbit caught it.
Sex Panther
AG
I think that was hands down one of the best pieces of content Marvel has put out so far. Absolutely fantastic.

The Ghosts of Christmas Past scenes to develop Wanda's backstory and Vision's relationship was just so well done. The emotion conveyed as well as explaining Wanda's motivation and trauma... so good.

And what a homerun of an outside-the-box hire with Kathryn Hahn. She's been awesome.
C@LAg
Sex Panther said:

The Ghosts of Christmas Past scenes
you mean re-runs
fig96
AG
fig96 said:

C@LAg said:

fig96 said:

rhutton125 said:

Maybe Agatha needs Wanda to try and unleash on her so she can suck her powers out. The witches in Salem tried to use spells on her and she drained them dry.

Maybe it's not something she can do without her opponent tapping into their powers themselves.
In the Salem flashback, I'm also not sure that it was Agatha doing that intentionally (at least at first) rather than an inherent reaction that she wasn't entirely controlling.
very obvious she was in control and it was intentional.

her fake scared demeanor changed immediately and then she easily and with almost no effort broke the magical bindings.
Need to rewatch, but it didn't seem that way at the beginning. Bindings broke a few minutes into that scene.
Ok, rewatched the ep and I'm curious to get more thoughts because I'm still feeling the same way.

When Agnes is "tied" to the stake and the witches initially attack her, she seems to be purely defensive until her magic instinctively reacts. It's fighting off the other witches' magic and she seems to not quite grasp what's going on at first. It isn't till she faces off against her mother that she starts to take control of what she's doing.

Thoughts?
C@LAg
Her entire purpose this episode and apparently the entire show is to find out how and where Wanda learned the magic she is using. In her mind magic is just that, structured and learned. She begged the witches to teach her in the intro. And that is why she spent the time lecturing Wanda on the types of incantations and asking where her training/ learning came from. She was operating on the assumption Wanda was like her. It was only later that the chaos magic/Scarlet Witch theory took hold.

As for the intro scene, they spell it out she had been reading and practicing unauthorized magic.
She had learned the spells she cast on her fellow witches. It is very obvious that was the first time she had used them on someone.
redline248
AG
Classic D&D wizard vs sorcerer
C@LAg
redline248 said:

Classic D&D wizard vs sorcerer
yeah, that is essentially my thesis.
TCTTS
AG
Very well put.
Dr. Horrible
I'm still leaning toward Agatha being morally gray, and not the big bad some on here are making her out to be that needs to be defeated. I bet Agatha and Wanda end up with some form or relationship that comes out of it once all is said and done, even if it is a love/hate one. Just the vibe I was picking up.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Very well put.
Thanks.

And fig, I am not making any claims that my take on this is any more right or wrong than yours, so I hope my frequent responses are not drowning you out. I fully see your POV, but am just trying to bring in more context to the discussion.

I have been wrong on many things throughout this thread over the weeks, but I at least try to justify them if I can.

That is why I typically drop out of these threads in the middle part of the week, essentially putting a big virtual sock in my mouth.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I stopped reading all your posts, because all the quarreling was annoying. So, hopefully this isn't repeating what someone else already said.

I think Agatha only arrived after Wanda created the Hex. She played no role prior. She was just drawn to the power.

So, who sent Wanda to Westview? Her grief at the empty lot may be a clue. A character that feeds on grief.

Finally, I'm still not sure Wanda intended to create the Hex. It came out of her power, but it almost looked like she was not in charge of herself when it happened.
TCTTS
AG
fig96
AG
Not at all, I'm all about the differing points of view. Half the fun of shows like this is seeing what other people take away from it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was the line of the season for me.
TCTTS
AG
Same.
TXAG 05
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

I'm still leaning toward Agatha being morally gray, and not the big bad some on here are making her out to be that needs to be defeated. I bet Agatha and Wanda end up with some form or relationship that comes out of it once all is said and done, even if it is a love/hate one. Just the vibe I was picking up.

Agree. I think Agatha felt the hex and went to it to learn about it and who created it. After finding out it was Wanda, maybe she suspected she could be the "Scarlet Witch" and she started manipulating her to draw out her powers to know for sure.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That was the line of the season for me.

Vision has the best lines in the entire MCU.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
An actual conversation a friend and I had...

When Wanda and Vision have sex, do you think he is in human form? And if not, does he fashion himself a human *****, a robot *****, or something else entirely?
AMW2010
AG
Andyzipp said:

I thought the bird turned back into a cicada when the rabbit caught it.

I swear all these people calling the cicada a fly or moth really drives me crazy... do people not know what a cicada is? If they don't, I think this is the year the whole east coast is gonna learn, I think it's time for the Cicada Brood X to appear from the ground soon!
OnlyForNow
AG
Which is what this was. Only one cicada is black.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Wanda's only hope next episode

Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

So fantastic
Drawkcab
He's incredibly naive.
TCTTS
AG
FincAg
AG
Damn that was fast
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I had been refreshing and just happened to catch it right when it went up.
C@LAg
I would still be OK if there is no bigger Big Bad behind the scenes.

But given the book has yet to be explained, I think it is inevitable that there is.

The book point to Mephisto or Chthon.

The whole Nightmare idea which has been gaining grounds the last few weeks makes sense more in a Multiverse of Madness sort of way

But given that Spider-Man is in between both of them.. I have no guess which way it goes.

In the Spider-Man comics, they use Mysterio tech to open the walls between universes. No Big Bad necessary.
CubbieAggie
AG
Drawkcab said:

He's incredibly naive.

Well, he was born yesterday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.