*****Big Brother 21 Spoilers Thread*****

295,342 Views | 2076 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CliffHogg
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Official IG:
https://instagram.com/cliff.hogg?igshid=qt8fy2mm8exq
now deleted. Was this really him
Aggie09Derek
AG
His daughter said it was
tk for tu juan
Kat has no filter and Sam's interview at the end is funny. Good interview with Cliff and Nicole; fast forwarded thru the Jack and other interviews. Wow, Sis has taken too many soccer balls to the head.

tailgatetimer10
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Luckily for her, she's an athlete and has a fantastic ass.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Sex Panther
AG
lol... they definitely did that on purpose knowing she wouldn't know what an adjective is
htxag09
AG
She graduated college?
Sex Panther
AG
lol her senior year bio page for the Nevada soccer team says she's undecided on a major. How the **** is that possible?

She was an athlete at Nevada, she could be illiterate and still have gotten out with a 2.0... Seriously and sadly though, college really means nothing now a days. Yeah engineers, science and business majors at good schools are legit, but if you just want a degree, literally anyone can do it. They'll take your money.

PhatMack19
AG
Hopefully TexAgs is on Cliff's to do list right after Whataburger

Burdizzo
AG
Won't he be shocked to find out whatburger is now owned by a bunch of Yankees
Aggie09Derek
AG
Isn't the firm that bought it from Chicago?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I find it slightly annoying that a bbcan houseguest would comment on gameplay on that tweet..
agsquirrel97
AG
Was out of town, had already read the thread but decided to watch the finale.

Just sad and disappointed. Can't imagine a company willingly crapping on their own product in this manner. An extension of cancel culture and perpetual victim hood society. Someone else's ulterior motives ruined my life.
agsquirrel97
AG
OK, so I have slept on this for 30 minutes and have fully formed opinions and reasons.

Big Brother is a zero sum game, not a real world business setting where you form partnerships with vendors, distributors, etc to benefit everyone towards higher profitability or market share. The victim hood mentality is premised on external factors hurting or aligning against the victim. In a zero sum situation where there is a winner and 15 "losers" there are 15 external factors attempting to victimize you. Everyone is fully aware that all 16 people are walking into the house with the goal of winning (I won't derail by discussing fame w h o r e s). Kimmie, for instance, had 15 barriers to reach her goal, and instead of embracing that and deciding how to manage those barriers, she alienated the person who could banish her. She willingly and vocally stated she would not campaign or talk to Michie to try and influence his decision. It was discussed at length in the episode when it happened.

Obviously Michie was blindsided on finale night, but who is to say he didn't feel "discriminated" against by Kimmie, who went out of her way to avoid white males during her time in the house. It seems obvious to me that the mindset of the person is the only difference. One person decided that the communication barrier was a victimization, while the other person saw it as a barrier to their goal and removed that barrier. I hope it is clear I am not calling Kimmie racist, I am just saying it is easy to search for ulterior motives in everyone's actions, and if you choose to fixate on something, it is not hard to make that something a reality, even if only in your own mind.

Point being, when you walk in the house, you have 15 moving parts, and the only information you have is all those moving parts are focused on the same goal. It is up to you to determine how to get those parts to work for you, how to make your short term goals, their short term goals. Everyone ultimately wants everyone else to go home before them. If you choose to view that as victimizing you, then you probably won't be very successful. Only the external forces matter to you at this point instead of the internal forces you can use to shape those external forces to your favor. Cliff was a great example. He knew the pitfalls of walking into the house as an older guy, and he had a plan to deal with it successfully. When he hit a roadblock, he adjusted his plan. He could have given up when the chips were down and then just believed he got voted out for being older, instead, he campaigned, fought and found a way. Victim versus victor (not quite victor, but a damn good showing).

There are plenty of people in the world who think the only way to advance is by hurting others (which is applicable in a zero sum game), but the really successful people in life are in constant competition with themselves, because they know external factors aren't always avoidable, but internal factors are. Jackson seemed really happy for Nicole at different points in the season (double eviction HoH, AFP) and it appeared genuine. People competing against themselves tend to be happy for others who excel at the same time.

In business, I have one main competitor. When they are great, it makes me focus internally to make sure I am even better. It is hard sometimes to focus internally when something really goes wrong to figure out how we could have reacted or performed better, it is easy to point at the market to show why we came up short, but that just means we will fail again the next time those market conditions arise.

Victim mentality is crippling, it teaches you to focus on what you can't affect versus looking internally to what you can.

Rant over, CBS is enabling a cancerous twitter mob to be OK with perennial mediocrity by coddling their victim mentality.
Fairview20
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BLWKxCNB5U7

Don't think the picture will show up but it is of Michie outside of Kyle Field for our game vs Tennessee in 2016.
Counterpoint
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

OK, so I have slept on this for 30 minutes and have fully formed opinions and reasons.

Big Brother is a zero sum game, not a real world business setting where you form partnerships with vendors, distributors, etc to benefit everyone towards higher profitability or market share. The victim hood mentality is premised on external factors hurting or aligning against the victim. In a zero sum situation where there is a winner and 15 "losers" there are 15 external factors attempting to victimize you. Everyone is fully aware that all 16 people are walking into the house with the goal of winning (I won't derail by discussing fame w h o r e s). Kimmie, for instance, had 15 barriers to reach her goal, and instead of embracing that and deciding how to manage those barriers, she alienated the person who could banish her. She willingly and vocally stated she would not campaign or talk to Michie to try and influence his decision. It was discussed at length in the episode when it happened.

Obviously Michie was blindsided on finale night, but who is to say he didn't feel "discriminated" against by Kimmie, who went out of her way to avoid white males during her time in the house. It seems obvious to me that the mindset of the person is the only difference. One person decided that the communication barrier was a victimization, while the other person saw it as a barrier to their goal and removed that barrier. I hope it is clear I am not calling Kimmie racist, I am just saying it is easy to search for ulterior motives in everyone's actions, and if you choose to fixate on something, it is not hard to make that something a reality, even if only in your own mind.

Point being, when you walk in the house, you have 15 moving parts, and the only information you have is all those moving parts are focused on the same goal. It is up to you to determine how to get those parts to work for you, how to make your short term goals, their short term goals. Everyone ultimately wants everyone else to go home before them. If you choose to view that as victimizing you, then you probably won't be very successful. Only the external forces matter to you at this point instead of the internal forces you can use to shape those external forces to your favor. Cliff was a great example. He knew the pitfalls of walking into the house as an older guy, and he had a plan to deal with it successfully. When he hit a roadblock, he adjusted his plan. He could have given up when the chips were down and then just believed he got voted out for being older, instead, he campaigned, fought and found a way. Victim versus victor (not quite victor, but a damn good showing).

There are plenty of people in the world who think the only way to advance is by hurting others (which is applicable in a zero sum game), but the really successful people in life are in constant competition with themselves, because they know external factors aren't always avoidable, but internal factors are. Jackson seemed really happy for Nicole at different points in the season (double eviction HoH, AFP) and it appeared genuine. People competing against themselves tend to be happy for others who excel at the same time.

In business, I have one main competitor. When they are great, it makes me focus internally to make sure I am even better. It is hard sometimes to focus internally when something really goes wrong to figure out how we could have reacted or performed better, it is easy to point at the market to show why we came up short, but that just means we will fail again the next time those market conditions arise.

Victim mentality is crippling, it teaches you to focus on what you can't affect versus looking internally to what you can.

Rant over, CBS is enabling a cancerous twitter mob to be OK with perennial mediocrity by coddling their victim mentality.

TL;DR. Just kidding, I read every word and couldn't agree more.
CliffHogg
Hey guys! Finally back home and back on Texags. And no, I won't give my main user name just yet because there are too many social media types out there just waiting to slam me for some post I made years ago! But fire away with any questions that you might have. I hope I represented Aggies well!
YourFavAggie
AG
Welcome!
Eyes of texas Crying
Bunk Moreland
Cliff! Great job.

I think you know if you had to do it all over again you and Nicole would have saved Tommy. Is that where you think you made the biggest mistake?

Also, I thought your strategy given being the old guy in the house was nearly flawless. Shame there was so many physical comps down the stretch Jackson was able to dominate because had there just been a few different ones sprinkled in, it could have been yours to win.
Sex Panther
AG
Oh *****.. the man himself!

Awesome season Cliff. You did great. Looking forward to hearing about the experience firsthand.
MarkDG86
AG
Hey Cliff. I enjoyed following you in "the House". Glad you survived with your sanity intact and got back from La La Land ok. Yes, you did make us proud and represented extremely well. Good job! - Snow Goose
"Desire, determination, spirit, the will to win, love of contact - call it what you like; it still can cover a multitude of sins in a football game." Coach Dana X. Bible "Ten Aggies can yell louder than a hundred of anyone else." Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
BenFiasco14
AG
CliffHogg said:

Hey guys! Finally back home and back on Texags. And no, I won't give my main user name just yet because there are too many social media types out there just waiting to slam me for some post I made years ago! But fire away with any questions that you might have. I hope I represented Aggies well!
Hey Cliff! Really enjoyed following you this season and rooting for you in the thread. You did a great job of representing Texas and Texas A&M so well! You played an AWESOME game. Some questions if you'll allow me to indulge:

1) What was going through your mind during the battle back Camp Comeback competition that you dominated? And then, after you won, entering that next HOH competition that you also won? That whole series of events was more epic than Cody Dickson fighting his way back in.

2) What was your personal favorite moment in the House, big or small? I'm not sure if you've had the chance to watch the season back yet, but even if it wasn't a televised moment that's fine.

3) What was the worst day in the House, and why?

4) How did you deal with all of the downtime and boredom?

5) How disappointed were you to exit the house and see that our football team is laying an egg?

6) Are you going to sell teeth whiteners and GymShark workout clothes on Instagram?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
CliffHogg said:

Pics or it ain't you.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
On a serious note, SIAP, describe your casting process.
Counterpoint
AG
How do so many Aggies keep getting cast for BB, and do you have any tips for Ags sending in audition tapes?

PS...Loved the Money Manziel and Gig Em stuff you always did.

Sex Panther
AG
Did Analyse really not shower for two weeks? How difficult was it for you to have conversations with Kat and Sis?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
What's been the most difficult adjustment now that you're back to reality?

How much influence and impact does production really have?
Koldus131
AG
Cliff!! The man!!!

1. Any insight/tips you can give for the casting process? Any idea why we keep getting Aggies on the show?

2. Besides Nicole, who was the easiest HG to be around and which HG surprised you the most, for whatever reason

3. Favorite day/moment in the house

4. Are you planning on coming down to any games this season?

5. Any really entertaining offers to hawk stuff on Instagram and Twitter yet?

On a personal note, thank you for repping A&M so well. You did an incredible job and made us so proud! We loved following you on this thread! You made me really fall in love with the game all over again, so thanks for that!
Burdizzo
AG
The only thing I would have liked to see you do is wear a Mr. Bubble t-shirt.
htxag09
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

6) Are you going to sell teeth whiteners and GymShark workout clothes on Instagram?

Whataburger, duh.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm always curious.

When you made the decision to leave for big brother, was it tough?

What was your plan with your employer, are you able to go back?

What all did you basically have to take care of before you left
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Did you do anything before entering the house to prepare for the physical comps?
CliffHogg
CliffHogg
GT_Aggie2015 said:

On a serious note, SIAP, describe your casting process.

I showed up at an open casting call in Houston. Got a call back soon after and before you know it....
I can't go into any more detail without getting into trouble with CBS.
CliffHogg
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Did you do anything before entering the house to prepare for the physical comps?

I did a lot of running. Was working my way up to 5K. Tough to work out in the house though because we only had the backyard available two days a week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.