*****Big Brother 21 Spoilers Thread*****

295,272 Views | 2076 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CliffHogg
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Koldus131 said:

It feels so good to finally have a HG repping A&M who is actually really good at the game.
he is good, but im just glad we have someone that isnt trying to be instafamous for once.

haleigh if youre reading this; you suck.
Bunk Moreland
Haleigh wasn't as bad as Clay. Who falls for a chick 10 years older than you on a reality show then throws their game away for her?

Haleigh if you're reading this, marry me. I forgive your ****ty game play.
Sex Panther
AG
At least we have Cam on The Bachelor
Serious Lee
agreed. throwing away a chance at half a mil because of some **** fantasy is pretty weak. plus hailey will never have to explain this to her kids...

el oh el at "mom id like to eff" being censored.
Koldus131
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Haleigh wasn't as bad as Clay. Who falls for a chick 10 years older than you on a reality show then throws their game away for her?

Haleigh if you're reading this, marry me. I forgive your ****ty game play.
Correct. Haleigh was miles ahead of both Corey and Clay but still just slightly above average from a game perspective. Alex W on BBOTT was supposedly good but I didn't watch it and not sure if it should count since it didn't air on TV.
Counterpoint
AG
Haleigh just got caught up in the dumbass Foute alliance. I think she could have been good if she was in Level 6.

tk for tu juan
Finally got caught up on the past two weeks of episodes. Wow, this season is finally hitting its stride. Thursday night starting with a smiling Julie and chaos on the screen in the background was a nice gift, and then last night episode, hell yeah on that meltdown.
jac4
AG
I generally strongly dislike Julie Chen, but her reaction prior to Thursday night eviction was entertaining. Especially the twitter video someone posted a page or so back. She was legitimately interested in the game play, meltdowns, and everything else going on in the house.
Counterpoint
AG
jac4 said:

I generally strongly dislike Julie Chen, but her reaction prior to Thursday night eviction was entertaining. Especially the twitter video someone posted a page or so back. She was legitimately interested in the game play, meltdowns, and everything else going on in the house.

Why the dislike?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Hayleigh being a cute Aggie is definitely blinding some here. I agree she's no fool, but her big brother play was awful.

She stood pretty idle while being aware of the house dynamics. Got in a showmance with the dumbest player to play in years. And was loyal to a fault to the worst alliance of all time.

Yeah she was better than clay, but clay was basically the male version of Sis.
wordman4077
AG
Alex from OTT was awesome. Painted a bit too much of a target on herself, but was entertaining as hell, incredibly competitive, and a great at comps. OTT had a lot of flaws, but Alex was a standout for sure.
Bunk Moreland
tailgatetimer10 said:

Hayleigh being a cute Aggie is definitely blinding some here. I agree she's no fool, but her big brother play was awful.

She stood pretty idle while being aware of the house dynamics. Got in a showmance with the dumbest player to play in years. And was loyal to a fault to the worst alliance of all time.

Don't care.

HTownAg98
I didn't see it posted here and it may be obvious, but Jess didn't use the PoV. Either Tweedledumber or Tweedledumberer will be going to jury.
tk for tu juan
...and Christie loses her power, right? I think this was the final week. Another BB twist that fails
Bunk Moreland
I'm worried that America won't understand to vote the 3 least favorite onto the field trip.

We'll get a mixture of liked, disliked, middle or something.
Koldus131
AG
Cliff's statement about his Ring

https://streamable.com/hyj7f
jac4
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I'm worried that America won't understand to vote the 3 least favorite onto the field trip.

We'll get a mixture of liked, disliked, middle or something.

America as a voting block is generally pretty stupid. I expect them(us) to mess it up.
Bunk Moreland
I went Christie x 4 | Tommy x 3 | Sis x 3 for my daily 10
JDUB08AG
AG
Im already against all this stupid power crap that messes up actual game play, but it really bothers me when the players have zero control over something. One person will end up on the block and they will have had no ability to prevent it. Just based on voting from a really stupid pool of viewers.
Serious Lee
jac4 said:

I generally strongly dislike Julie Chen,
but how do you feel about her alter ego, julie chen-moonves?
Bunk Moreland
I'm more ok with a 3rd nominee earlier in the game when there's more numbers. But depending on how it goes, it could completely neuter a certain side's ability to gain ground on the house.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Nah, Twitter and Reddit are pretty unified on who goes in there, actually.

The voting block is strong with Twitter, which is why bayleigh won one last year
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
WelchAg said:

Im already against all this stupid power crap that messes up actual game play, but it really bothers me when the players have zero control over something. One person will end up on the block and they will have had no ability to prevent it. Just based on voting from a really stupid pool of viewers.
Every year I wonder why this bothers anyone. This is literally the name of the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(Nineteen_Eighty-Four)
Jimmy McNulty
AG

Christie says Kat is feisty and in a bad mood because she's 5 days late. NT

08/05/19 10:12 PM
JDUB08AG
AG
Anagrammatic Nudist said:

WelchAg said:

Every year I wonder why this bothers anyone. This is literally the name of the game.

If we are trying to make this synonymous with 1984, then you got me, but this is a game.
GrapevineAg
AG
Yeah, I never took the 1984 theme much beyond "Big Brother is watching you" meaning that the cameras are always on.

If this were a true competition, and not just entertainment, I'd have a problem with all of the secret twists and whatnot - that's just a way for CBS to keep the people on the show that give them the best ratings. I don't think there's anything fair about it, but again, it's just entertainment.
BenFiasco14
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Christie says Kat is feisty and in a bad mood because she's 5 days late. NT

08/05/19 10:12 PM

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
People knowing each other beforehand is much more unfair than a luck of the draw twist.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
WelchAg said:

Anagrammatic Nudist said:

WelchAg said:

If we are trying to make this synonymous with 1984, then you got me, but this is a game.
It's a "game" in which the producers control all competitive aspects, dictate and/or imply storylines in DR sessions, change rules and add twists as-needed, and then edits and spins what is on the broadcasts. Calling this a "game" to me is like calling WWE a legitimate sport. Yes there are game elements (and yes, it's all unscripted), but there are many more elements of 1984 than just the cameras always being on.

Bunk Moreland
Quote:

It's a "game" in which the producers control all competitive aspects, dictate and/or imply storylines in DR sessions, change rules and add twists as-needed, and then edits and spins what is on the broadcasts. Calling this a "game" to me is like calling WWE a legitimate sport. Yes there are game elements (and yes, it's all unscripted), but there are many more elements of 1984 than just the cameras always being on.

Competitions may favor certain people over others and they definitely do influence (I hate seasons where they manipulate too much), but you still have to win competitions and play a good social game. Nobody is scripted as the winner like WWE.
Rex Racer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

Competitions may favor certain people over others and they definitely do influence (I hate seasons where they manipulate too much), but you still have to win competitions and play a good social game. Nobody is scripted as the winner like WWE.
The biggest example of their manipulation was the coup-d'etat power that they came up with to save Jeff on season 11. That was highway robbery.
HTownAg98
tk for tu juan said:

...and Christie loses her power, right? I think this was the final week. Another BB twist that fails

I think this week was the last week to use it. One got sent home before it could be used, one was played and ended up being worse for the person that used it, and one was never played.
That pretty much sums up this season.
Bunk Moreland
Agree. I liked Jeff & Jordan but that was simply giving the people what they wanted, which sucked.
tk for tu juan
WelchAg said:

One person will end up on the block and they will have had no ability to prevent it. Just based on voting from a really stupid pool of viewers.

They have the ability to avoid being in 3rd place during the Field Trip competition. That's slightly better than having their entire game blown up as a fan voted saboteur.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I think Jess should have changed noms to ensure jack went.

Tommy's punishment seems hilariously annoying

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.